• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Shitty when the gear you want drops at low levels. Got a Thunderfury but at level 55. Fuck!

mackattk

Shitty when the gear you want drops at low levels. Got a Thunderfury but at level 55. Fuck!

I got a thunderfury at like 32. Was awesome until I upgraded it a few hours later.

I got my first treasure goblin yesterday. Holy crap, that was an experience in and of itself. Basically multiplied how much gold I had by like 15. I think I came in at 1.2 million gold, left at like 16 million.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I got a thunderfury at like 32. Was awesome until I upgraded it a few hours later.

I got my first treasure goblin yesterday. Holy crap, that was an experience in and of itself. Basically multiplied how much gold I had by like 15. I think I came in at 1.2 million gold, left at like 16 million.

I have only gotten one treasure goblin since they introduced it. It was cool as hell. Wish I got it more often.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The IK set looks amazing. Is there any special place that it drops from?
There are legendaries which can be obtained only from completing bounties.
http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/bounty-bags

Everything else, such as the IK set, has a possibility to drop from any object (like a treasure chest) or monster kill.

Also, I hear some things about gambling, what does that mean in terms of Diablo 3?
There are two currencies in Diablo 3 - gold and blood shards.

Blood shards are obtained from killing rift guardians or blood shard goblins.

Kadala is a merchant in town who exchanges blood shards for items, and these have a chance to be legendaries. You choose which gear slot for which you want to spend shards upon.

Blood shards cannot be dropped or given to other players. The default maximum capacity for blood shards is 500, and this can be increased by solo (no groups) clearing Greater Rifts; the increase is 10 multiplied by the highest GRift you have cleared.

It's referred to as gambling because of how this all parallels to what was done in Diablo 2.

Error

Wizard is awesome, I manage to get 2 of the tal-rasha set bonuses holy shit! that thing is crazy. Also Black Hole or whatever equipped with the last rune is a fucking amazing skill the increase in atk power is crazy when you pull in like 17 baddies.

Error

Just got a Miken Ball of Hate with a very nice roll, and I tried it on my Electro Wiz. ZOMG that thing is glorious.

Thank you based Kadala.

Paganmoon

So started the game up again "for real" for the first time in ages, apparently the Demon Hunter has been changed a bit now with the M6 build. So using the same gear as before, but changing the skills around a bit, I managed to do a 36 Grift with a few minutes to spare (yeah I know it's not much compared to some of you guys, but I was struggling with GR32 in November/December). Didn't feel as squishy as I did back then either, but I think I'm going to get oneshotted a lot if I go up a few GR levels.

So what's the cookie cutter build for DH now, is it still M6/Sentry?

Haven't played this since 2.1. Thinking of getting back in today. I was a cookie cutter Furnace Wizard with Firebird set back in 2.1 doing GR of about 37.

ve seen the DMO set bonuses and it looks decent. Wonder if it can be combined with Tal Rasha set. That meteor boots and that slow time crown seems to gel quite nicely.

What builds & gears are the top tier Wizards using?

p/s I wonder if I'm still in NeoGAF guild...

p/s ignore this. I posted in the wrong thread. I just realized that this is the console edition.

mackattk

I am up to doing T3 pretty comfortably. I need one of those gifts for a weapon though. I have an awesome weapon that does like 3800dps and came with a socket. Would like to reroll the socket to +% damage or something like that and use a gift to put the socket back in.I should have taken a screenshot of it, I forgot the exact specs or what kind of weapon it was. I think it might have been a scourge, but it shot me up from ~580k dps to ~800k dps.

I am up to doing T3 pretty comfortably. I need one of those gifts for a weapon though. I have an awesome weapon that does like 3800dps and came with a socket. Would like to reroll the socket to +% damage or something like that and use a gift to put the socket back in.I should have taken a screenshot of it, I forgot the exact specs or what kind of weapon it was. I think it might have been a scourge, but it shot me up from ~580k dps to ~800k dps.

Nice, sadly can't offer one though, played game since launch, never had one drop, had a kinda Gaffer gift me one but in need of them myself now too. Seem rarer than rocking horse shit!

mackattk

Nice, sadly can't offer one though, played game since launch, never had one drop, had a kinda Gaffer gift me one but in need of them myself now too. Seem rarer than rocking horse shit!

Ah yeah, I wasn't asking for one. It is just exciting to finally start seeing some decent loot drop and making progress. Hopefully one will drop sometime soon, but will just have to see what happens.

Was able to get a picture.. Looks like the str roll is somewhat low, but with it being an ancient legendary, the damage of the weapon is a huge increase to what I had before.

TaMbW7b.jpg

Paganmoon

I'm wondering about this too. I just got M6 last night, but can barely finish gr30. I'm using entangling and cold arrow with 5 sentries.

this is the build I'm running: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/90-2-2-ultimate-end-game-m6-detailed-guide-updated

With Cluster Arrow using Maelstorm (cold build) as I have a 20% Etrayu.

Don't have the exact gear setup though, as I'm still running with RoRG and Unity and no Witching hour.

You should be able to go past Gr30 with M6. Do you keep dying, or not doing enough damage?

Took me a full GRift to realize they've changed so the sentries only fire hatredspenders when I do, damage output increased a lot after that hehe. Going to try some changes and try again tonight, see if I can get past 37 today.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I use Fire M6 with Focus&Restraint. 600M hits at times with a standard Krider. Was able to clear at least a 43 solo.

I'm going to round up a full ancient UE set before trying it out, in order to make an equitable comparison. Have the ancient hat, gloves, shoulders, and DML quiver ready at present.

I need one of those gifts for a weapon though.

in need of them myself now too.
I still have 17 of them now. Mack, did you post your PSN here before? Trolley, I'll get you one.

Anyone else, post gear requests. I'd prefer to not salvage items which other people may actually want, such as I did an ancient Myken's (at least one if not a few of those specifically) which it appears Error would have wanted.

mackattk

I use Fire M6 with Focus&Restraint. 600M hits at times with a standard Krider. Was able to clear at least a 43 solo.

I'm going to round up a full ancient UE set before trying it out, in order to make an equitable comparison. Have the ancient hat, gloves, shoulders, and DML quiver ready at present.

I still have 17 of them now. Mack, did you post your PSN here before? Trolley, I'll get you one.

Anyone else, post gear requests. I'd prefer to not salvage items which other people may actually want, such as I did an ancient Myken's (at least one if not a few of those specifically) which it appears Error would have wanted.

I added my PSN Id to my member profile (mwestep). As far as gear requests, any IK or wastes set pieces would be alright, but I also kind of like to try to find stuff on my own as well.

As far as the weapon, what do you think I should reroll it to? I am thinking just flat +% dmg, but any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Paganmoon

Found a Focus and Restraint in my stash (good thing I'm a hoarder), so figured I'd test it out, boy did I die a lot. I can't seem to go solo without Unity.

phinious

this is the build I'm running: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/90-2-2-ultimate-end-game-m6-detailed-guide-updated

With Cluster Arrow using Maelstorm (cold build) as I have a 20% Etrayu.

Don't have the exact gear setup though, as I'm still running with RoRG and Unity and no Witching hour.

You should be able to go past Gr30 with M6. Do you keep dying, or not doing enough damage?

I'll try that set up. i haven't used any legendary gems yet. They lower my sheet dps from like 1.2 million to like 900k when I try 1. Are they really worth it?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
As far as the weapon, what do you think I should reroll it to? I am thinking just flat +% dmg, but any other thoughts would be appreciated.
In general:

If your attacks are not cooldown based or your build provides for a consistent cycle of attacks which generate and spend your resource, attack speed is probably your best choice.

If your attacks are cooldown based or cannot be done more than a few times at once because of resource limitations, +% damage is probably your best choice.

I have two Tal's wizards. The first has a Serpent Sparker and relies on constantly building up resource with primary attack so that she can cast her big meteor hit. I have IAS on that wand. The second uses all cooldown skills with a Wand of Woh. In this case, having IAS would do nothing to increase the frequency at which those attacks are performed, so it would be wasted. I kept the +% damage on that Wand of Woh.

All that being said, I wouldn't use a Gift on a Scourge. You'll want to save that for something like a Furnace or Maximus (or in your case, a Boulder Breaker). If I were you, I'd change that cooldown reduction to +% damage (because you probably don't have a build which heavily relies upon CDR nor IAS) and wait to find something better.

i haven't used any legendary gems yet. They lower my sheet dps from like 1.2 million to like 900k when I try 1. Are they really worth it?
They are worth it. Bear in mind that the bonus damage which the offensive gems give are conditional, so equipping them will not have any reflection in your sheet DPS, nor what your actual damage numbers will be until you go out in the field and see for yourself.

That said, I know that losing 50% CD or 6% CC will negatively affect sheet DPS, but I don't think it would be a flat 30% difference as you're suggesting. I'd be interested to see what items you are choosing between to see what the total difference is between them.

mackattk

All that being said, I wouldn't use a Gift on a Scourge. You'll want to save that for something like a Furnace or Maximus (or in your case, a Boulder Breaker). If I were you, I'd change that cooldown reduction to +% damage (because you probably don't have a build which heavily relies upon CDR nor IAS) and wait to find something better.

Thanks, I didn't realize rerolling CDR to +% dmg was an option. With that being the case it makes sense not to waste a gift on the scourge.

Cheers picked it up last night :)

Similar thing if people want gear and they post up which I might have then I'm happy to pass along, my stash is full of ancient stuff that I don't use.

Krayzie

This is the 4th time now i've died in a grift and not be able to revive bk.
Such a fucking annoying bullshit bug. Only happened after the patch.

HORRORSHØW

i know the unhallowed essence set is the new hotness, but i just did a 51 with 4 minutes to spare using nats 6, zero ancient armor pieces, and low damage rolls on weapons. someone with better gear could easily push mid 50s.

Grimløck;160390336 said:
i know the unhallowed essence set is the new hotness, but i just did a 51 with 4 minutes to spare using nats 6, zero ancient armor pieces, and low damage rolls on weapons. someone with better gear could easily push mid 50s.

New Nat 6 is as hot as UE imo.

Revson

Finally got a Serpent's Sparker for my Wizard, and an ancient one at that. :)

Manage to clear a GR50 so far, can probably do a GR52-53 without too much trouble.

I love the new Tal Rasha's set. It's so much more fun to play than Firebird's ever was.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Say good bye to blood shard goblins for who knows how long. It amazes me the blood shard exploit via greater rifts is where they draw the line. Hacked items they do nothing but hot fix a stupid loop hole ASAP. Considering people can already get unlimited blood shards using an exploit. I just have to shake my head at who ever is in charge over at blizzard.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17084518475

As some of you may have noticed, we recently deployed a hotfix for PC to address an exploit that allowed players to gain a significantly larger number of Blood Shards from Blood Thief goblins than intended.

This issue exists for Ultimate Evil Edition on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well, but we’re unable to correct it via hotfix at this time for these platforms. We’re looking to implement a permanent solution in a future console patch, but don’t have an ETA to share. In the meantime, to help mitigate the effects of the exploit, we’ve temporarily disabled Blood Thief goblins from spawning on PS4 and XB1 until further notice.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!

h3ro

Grimløck;160474654 said:
xD

got a chance to test it out with the UE set and i did better with it than my krider. not as bursty as nats, tho.
Are you duel wielding or pairing it with a DML? What generator are you using?

mackattk

Say good bye to blood shard goblins for who knows how long. It amazes me the blood shard exploit via greater rifts is where they draw the line. Hacked items they do nothing but hot fix a stupid loop hole ASAP. Considering people can already get unlimited blood shards using an exploit. I just have to shake my head at who ever is in charge over at blizzard.

As some of you may have noticed, we recently deployed a hotfix for PC to address an exploit that allowed players to gain a significantly larger number of Blood Shards from Blood Thief goblins than intended.

This issue exists for Ultimate Evil Edition on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well, but we’re unable to correct it via hotfix at this time for these platforms. We’re looking to implement a permanent solution in a future console patch, but don’t have an ETA to share. In the meantime, to help mitigate the effects of the exploit, we’ve temporarily disabled Blood Thief goblins from spawning on PS4 and XB1 until further notice.

Ouch that sucks. I guess the blood goblin I had last night will be the last one I will see for a long time. Were people on console even using the blood shard exploit? I would imagine the people who would use this would just hack in the items anyway.

YoodlePro

This is why we can't have good things

HORRORSHØW

Are you duel wielding or pairing it with a DML? What generator are you using?
using it with DML. i know slower 2h-xbows are supposed to be better b/c they hit harder, but i prefer faster weapons. besides, it's auto deathmark, and if i use the mortal enemy rune that's more hatred regen. using evasive fire: focus to proc iceblink, which in turn procs bane of the trapped. no turrets here. feels real squishy at 52+; no inherent toughness like with nats 6.

IHaveIce

Banned
for some reason I can't get my DPS up for my monk.

I have the full recommended gear of one of the top builds.
Except not all of it is Ancient and the Torch is not that that good stats wise. But I struggle in the early 40s as portals

Top Bottom