• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

drotahorror

Damn, I'm so hyped to replay an insanely better version of a game I played the shit out of 2 years ago.

It's pretty strange to be honest. I played probably 2-4 hundred hours at release. I get the feeling I may play it more than that now. I keep hearing about how the controls make it so much better and I'm super hype to try them out.

Since everyone and their mom is going Crusader I think I may go for something different. Decisions decisions...

I hear you. I went Barbarian on both PS3 & PC so I definitely want to play a new class. Right now it's a toss up between Demon Hunter & Crusader.

DH to be different & standout. But throwing a shield around like Captain America is super tempting.

I pre-ordered this thinking it would launch on the PlayStation store at 12 Eastern, but it looks like it's 12 Pacific. SHIT - that's 2AM here... Ugh.

OK guys, it looks like I'm getting this. I just have a question or two before I take the plunge...
Is the online experience largely the same as the PC version? Finding games, joining friends, etc.
They say they're bringing over 2.1, so does that mean Seasons will be on the ps4 version?

OmegaDL50

Going to be keeping a image log of my character progress.

Every level up I'm going to make a snapshot of my character sheet with the share button, upload it here. Maybe I'll do the same every time I find a Legendary item.

Maybe someone will make an official D3: UEE Photo Thread. I plan make liberal use of the Share button in my D3 Adventures. I even have a Twitch account too. I wonder if I should stream my progress from 1 to 70. I am not sure yet.

I do want to keep a log of my first UEE character and it's progress in some fashion, though.

OK guys, it looks like I'm getting this. I just have a question or two before I take the plunge...
Is the online experience largely the same as the PC version? Finding games, joining friends, etc.
They say they're bringing over 2.1, so does that mean Seasons will be on the ps4 version?

Seasons won't be in the console version. Outside of this everything else in the 2.1 update (Greater Rifts, Greeds Vault, etc) will be in the console version shortly after the 2.1 patch goes public for the PC version.

Every level up I'm going to make a snapshot of my character sheet with the share button, upload it here. Maybe I'll do the same every time I find a Legendary item.

Maybe someone will make an official D3: UEE Photo Thread. I plan make liberal use of the Share button in my D3 Adventures. I even have a Twitch account too. I wonder if I should stream my progress from 1 to 70. I am not sure yet.

I do want to keep a log of my first UEE character and it's progress in some fashion, though.

Seasons won't be in the console version. Outside of this everything else in the 2.1 update (Greater Rifts, Greeds Vault, etc) will be in the console version shortly after the 2.1 patch goes public for the PC version.
Good idea! I may do the same thing if I remember.

Shame about the seasons being absent. So there's no chance they work it into the console releases? Not a deal breaker

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Damn, I'm so hyped to replay an insanely better version of a game I played the shit out of 2 years ago.

Im not sure how D3Console -> UEE will compare since I never played that version, but speaking as someone who played at launch for PC and then jumped back in with RoS - all the changes and additions they made make it feel like a completely different game.

Ferny

Shame about the seasons being absent. So there's no chance they work it into the console releases? Not a deal breaker

There's a lot of constant updates that they would have to do with the console version. May make it hard for something like seasons to be introduced, but we shall see.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I already have this on PC. Why oh why did I purchase it on PS4 as well?

Damnit Blizzard, I can never handle your girth.

Couch coop really good at some of the parties I go to.

I'm stuck waiting until tomorrow just like everybody else, couldn't find anyone near me who would break street date :-(

Thinking of going with the Demon Hunter, but I have been told by many that DH = bad times when playing high level solo. Is this true? I thought the "dexterity" characters were getting a buff of sorts to their survivability by having Dexterity changed from "adds chance to dodge" to "adds armor". Is that change not in effect yet?

Not really you can go asheras and be really solid until you get your marauders. Solo alone isn't too bad. You don't get the dexterity buff until 2.1 which is still not finished.

You called?
1405997204722.gif

by the way, that gif you posted earlier is amazing, what is that from?!

Dead Alive

One of Peter Jackson's earlier films, before he got lost in the shire.

EDIT: I see you discovered this already. :)

antitrop

Im not sure how D3Console -> UEE will compare since I never played that version, but speaking as someone who played at launch for PC and then jumped back in with RoS - all the changes and additions they made make it feel like a completely different game.

I picked it up day 1 for PC, played the shit out of it for (almost) all of May '12, played it once in a while in June, and gave it up in early July. Farthest I made it was Act 3 Inferno with my Wizard. Never played Reaper of Souls.

This is going to blow my mind, I expect.

OmegaDL50

Well they would need a constant secured environment online for Seasons to work properly. Characters are stored locally on the PS4 and not on a online server unlike the PC version that utilizes Battle.net

It only takes one person to download their character to USB, transfer it over to the PC and break the save encryption to use some kind of edit utility and transfer it back over to the console and the damage will be done and the whole Season is ruined. Especially since the Season ladder is intended for everyone to start at a clean slate and see how far they get within the season for the highest rank.

Seasons would only work on console is if characters weren't saved locally. I don't think Blizzard is willing to spend the extra resources to monitor a Seasonal Ladder for several platforms on the game.

At least the console version has some it's own features such as Apprentice Mode, Nemesis, and the in-game mail / friend list gift system to make up for the lack of Seasons.

I am REALLY excited for this game.

I haven't played a Diablo since 2, and haven't really played any Diablo style games in the time since aside from Torchlight.

Already know I'm going to main the Crusader class.

Anybody interested in co-oping on a flexible, casual schedule, add me on PSN: Jaeger_Dice.

Kadin

Sadly I don't have a current gen system and that's probably not changing any time soon. I do have D3 on 360 and I'm really not sure if the upgrade is worth it. I guess I could trade it in for a measly amount and use it towards the upgrade.

I do have the game and the expansion on PC which is probably another big reason I'm standoffish but I actually enjoy the console version as well. Both get played pretty often.

Hate these decisions

Deepo

I love that they managed to get the performance/frame rate fix patch in on the PS4 version before the game unlocks!

Gator86

The pictures idea is actually really cool. You can watch your character transition from wily hobo to armored killing machine.

What the fuck have I gotten myself into! Need some help.

So I see two files to download here at PSN EU/India. One is 21 GB and another is 12 GB
Please tell me the 12 GB one is the full game and the other is European language pack one
To hell with EU PSN, will never buy into this shit again and just go to the US store

Jtrizzy

It's pretty strange to be honest. I played probably 2-4 hundred hours at release. I get the feeling I may play it more than that now. I keep hearing about how the controls make it so much better and I'm super hype to try them out.

Me too. Console gamer going back to the 80's until I built a PC in 2010. This was my first game using strictly mouse and keyboard, and I loved it. I can't imagine how it could be better with a controller. but I guess I'll find out at midnight. Pre load is done...Jtrizzy on psn if anyone needs a friend.

OmegaDL50

The pictures idea is actually really cool. You can watch your character transition from wily hobo to armored killing machine.

Heh, maybe I'll take all 70 images of the character from level 1 to 70 and turn it into a 70 frame GIF, like a time lapse photography shot, just to show case the transformation.

ZenaxPure

Me too. Console gamer going back to the 80's until I built a PC in 2010. This was my first game using strictly mouse and keyboard, and I loved it. I can't imagine how it could be better with a controller. but I guess I'll find out at midnight. Pre load is done...Jtrizzy on psn if anyone needs a friend.

Honestly even as someone who prefers playing the game on PC there are parts of the console controls I like more. Specifically controlling your character with an analog stick just feels sooooooo much better than using a mouse to guide them. I've never been a fan of games where I use the mouse to move characters but I forced myself to get used to it because I really loved D3.

To me personally it's just a trade off, do you want better feeling character control or do you want the ability to actually aim your attacks (outside of a general direction)? Having full control over your attacks is important for me which is why I will always spend more time on the PC version, but actually controlling my character with the analog stick feels so good too. I like playing both versions for different reasons.

njean777

Anybody wanna comment on how the Xbox version is? Debating on which console to get this on. I was going to get this on PS4, but I may switch it up since I am getting Destiny on the PS4.

Deepo

0 Minutes!

Tried to start with EU account, says I need to start it with US account to verify license.

Start with US account.

8 hours 57 minutes

:(

OmegaDL50

Honestly even as someone who prefers playing the game on PC there are parts of the console controls I like more. Specifically controlling your character with an analog stick just feels sooooooo much better than using a mouse to guide them. I've never been a fan of games where I use the mouse to move characters but I forced myself to get used to it because I really loved D3.

To me personally it's just a trade off, do you want better feeling character control or do you want the ability to actually aim your attacks (outside of a general direction)? Having full control over your attacks is important for me which is why I will always spend more time on the PC version, but actually controlling my character with the analog stick feels so good too. I like playing both versions for different reasons.

It would be kind of cool to go half and half.

To make so you can use like a nun-chuck like device - http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/04/54/96/89/0004549689104_500X500.jpg to move your character with an analog stick and use your mouse hand for attacks and aiming.

It would useful in FPS games too, you have the mobility of a gamepad but the precision of mouse controls.

Someone needs to finagle a Analog stick + mouse control gamepad combo. I'd see the practical use in it for many a PC game.

LCGeek

formerly sane

The demon hunter really benefits from a controller since he has a auto lock mechanism I can kite with him in a way I can't kite on the pc.

zou

Meh, not impressed. Got 3 uniques in act 5, none of them an upgrade for my imported char. boss fights are still as shitty as in the base game, including annoying cut scenes and phases where bosses become invincible. the new way points are unintuitive and selecting them is slower than it used to be.

Makes choosing between this and Minecraft easy.

Top Bottom