• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Meh, not impressed. Got 3 uniques in act 5, none of them an upgrade for my imported char. boss fights are still as shitty as in the base game, including annoying cut scenes and phases where bosses become invincible. the new way points are unintuitive and selecting them is slower than it used to be.

Just no. There are opinions and then there's just being wrong.

njean777

Meh, not impressed. Got 3 uniques in act 5, none of them an upgrade for my imported char. boss fights are still as shitty as in the base game, including annoying cut scenes and phases where bosses become invincible. the new way points are unintuitive and selecting them is slower than it used to be.

Makes choosing between this and Minecraft easy.

I don't remember any boss fights where any of them become invincible like ever.

Camper182

0 Minutes!

Tried to start with EU account, says I need to start it with US account to verify license.

Start with US account.

8 hours 57 minutes

:(

I had this with MGS ground zeroes, if you go to settings and find "restore licenses" you should be able to still start with EU account right now.

or i'm wrong and in this case i'm sorry lol

Chucker

Ready to go.
QKKa3EMl.jpg

cjp

Man, I really hope Amazon deliver it on time for tomorrow...and that it actually comes early in the morning.

Anybody wanna comment on how the Xbox version is? Debating on which console to get this on. I was going to get this on PS4, but I may switch it up since I am getting Destiny on the PS4.
The X1 version will get a resolution boost post launch patch to 1080p, the question is will the Framerate take a hit after the boost. Thats why I decided to go PS4, Since DF helped the devs identify the framerate bug in the ps4 version before launch. Im thinking my next X1 game will be SOver in a few months.

zou

I don't remember any boss fights where any of them become invincible like ever.

Might want to pay closer attention next time then.

Just no. There are opinions and then there's just being wrong.

You're wrong, not really an opinion either. Selecting wps is slower, that's a simple fact. I'd also love to see your reasoning for why the random map is easier to grasp than a simple, grouped list.

bidguy

Banned
its up on the german xbox store

i guess they upped their game on this since they always unlocked everything at 3am pst even if its 9 hours later for germans

70€ though lol

Jtrizzy

Honestly even as someone who prefers playing the game on PC there are parts of the console controls I like more. Specifically controlling your character with an analog stick just feels sooooooo much better than using a mouse to guide them. I've never been a fan of games where I use the mouse to move characters but I forced myself to get used to it because I really loved D3.

To me personally it's just a trade off, do you want better feeling character control or do you want the ability to actually aim your attacks (outside of a general direction)? Having full control over your attacks is important for me which is why I will always spend more time on the PC version, but actually controlling my character with the analog stick feels so good too. I like playing both versions for different reasons.

This game might actually be good with move. Too bad they don't patch controller support for the pc version. Then I'd use a move nunchuk with a mouse or something like that. Seems we haven't found the best way to control this game yet.

Dubz

As a PC guy without the expansion, should I get the expansion on PC, or go PS4 for dat comfy couch?

I think I just answered my question.
Comfy couch it is.

The X1 version will get a resolution boost post launch patch to 1080p, the question is will the Framerate take a hit after the boost. Thats why I decided to go PS4, Since DF helped the devs identify the framerate bug in the ps4 version before launch. Im thinking my next X1 game will be SOver in a few months.

It's a day 1 patch for 1080p

You're wrong, not really an opinion either. Selecting wps is slower, that's a simple fact. I'd also love to see your reasoning for why the random map is easier to grasp than a simple, grouped list.
Be serious, every one loves over world maps, are you nitpicking because you want people to buy mine craft instead?

antitrop

As a PC guy without the expansion, should I get the expansion on PC, or go PS4 for dat comfy couch?

Comfy couch it is.

Same situation. I'm getting on PS4 because I want to try the game with a controller, I can lay down in my bed and play, I want to start over with a new class, I just spent a lot of money on Sony Gold headphones, and it's 1080p/60fps, so why the hell not?

LCGeek

formerly sane
This game might actually be good with move. Too bad they don't patch controller support for the pc version. Then I'd use a move nunchuk with a mouse or something like that. Seems we haven't found the best way to control this game yet.

The balance, mechanics and mobs are different cause controllers require it. blizzard can barely balance things now no way they have the means to do balance for kb&m, pad only, and mixed.

sqwarlock

Comfy couch it is.

Since you're not currently playing on PC, I really can't recommend the PS4 version enough.

Korosenai

I'm sure it's been asked a couple times, but when do new games usually release on the xbox store? I literally just decided to go digital with this game.

ldcommando

Banned
Shit is going to unlock at 4 am here on Brazil. So I guess I will play a little bit after waking up and before going to the gym.

Krammy

Quick question regarding Diablo III on consoles, as I haven't bought an Activision game since the PlayStation 2 generation. Does the online component require a third party account ala EA's Origin? I was livid when I picked up Dead Space 3 expecting some fun co-op with friends, only to be blocked when it asked for an Origin account.

How does the console version handle placing sentries or hydras? I imagine there would be frustrating circumstances with the game placing them much farther than where I want it to.

Uh, yeah, that new map is a feature of Reaper of Souls. Allows you to switch between Acts and their waypoints while in adventure mode. Your list is now obsolete because of adventure mode. Sorry.

Comfy couch it is.

PC version this month will get seasons, new legs, leaderboards, greater rifts, and some other stuff. If you don't care about that than PS4 version

Quick question regarding Diablo III on consoles, as I haven't bought an Activision game since the PlayStation 2 generation. Does the online component require a third party account ala EA's Origin? I was livid when I picked up Dead Space 3 expecting some fun co-op with friends, only to be blocked when it asked for an Origin account.

for PS4 you need PS Plus for online...that's all I know

Midnight here in the UK and now it's telling me I have to wait another 8 hours to play my US PSN download. Restoring licenses doesn't fix it. The dream is dead. :(

But at least it didn't cost me fucking £60.

OmegaDL50

There is no third party account for any of the console versions of D3, not even the original console version had one.

You only need Playstation Plus or Xbox Live Gold.

Console D3 is not associated with Battle.net whatsoever.

ZenaxPure

Other then the seasons that will be coming to the ps4 also. I prefer playing it on the pad love the roll mechanic.

I think the point of his post was saying that was coming soon. Blizz has confirmed the patch will be out on PC in ~2 weeks. It's unknown when the patch will launch on consoles.

There is no third party account for any of the console versions of D3, not even the original console version had one.

You only need Playstation Plus or Xbox Live Gold.

Console D3 is not associated with Battle.net whatsoever.

You can link your PSN/XBL accounts to Battle.net to get a Legendary Ring

How is that map not more intuitive?!? It's a fricking map with easy to remember locations whereas the old one is a list that even requires scrolling. So not only does the list lack visual aid as far as memorization goes, the map never requires scrolling, and as such is faster on average.

On top of that you can open the map everywhere and it has nice indicators for quests and bounties.

njean777

Can you please name the bosses that become invincible? Or am I suppose to take you on your word? The only one I can think of is Magda and that is part of the boss fight anyways.

Top Bottom