• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

OmegaDL50

BGQZIPA.png

Anyone know what this is about.

From Philadelphia, PA here, and would be great to play this at Midnight instead of 3AM

ZenaxPure

Ah, okay great. I'm looking forward to this. What's the recommended DPS for attempting Torment I?

What he says isn't entirely accurate. Magic find still exists as a stat, but it is only on specific pieces of gear (or from the orange gem in a hat)... but it is a useless stat you should not bother with, moving up the difficulties is the best way to get more drops.

As for DPS, a number isn't really accurate. I'm not sure how they are calculating the character sheet stats in the console version, but in the PC version a lot of stats (any legendary affix, elemental damage, among others) are not calculated into your character sheet. Which makes it wildly inaccurate for your capabilities because those are the stats that increase your damage the most generally.

As for torment 1, you can get in pretty easily. A few legendaries and you should be fine.

mstevens

I'm going to need a second character to play with my friend online (I'm going to be playing Crusader first). What would you guys recommend? Preferably something that plays different than Crusader. Thinking Wizard or Witch Doctor?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Fuck this shit.

Female Wizard it is.

That's my main right now, besides a female demon hunter.

What he says isn't entirely accurate. Magic find still exists as a stat, but it is only on specific pieces of gear (or from the orange gem in a hat)... but it is a useless stat you should not bother with, moving up the difficulties is the best way to get more drops.

As for DPS, a number isn't really accurate. I'm not sure how they are calculating the character sheet stats in the console version, but in the PC version a lot of stats (any legendary affix, elemental damage, among others) are not calculated into your character sheet. Which makes it wildly inaccurate for your capabilities because those are the stats that increase your damage the most generally.

As for torment 1, you can get in pretty easily. A few legendaries and you should be fine.

This is great advice. DPS isn't the only judge of your performance in torment your ability to survive is. You want about 600 on your resistances and about 300k of health but it can be tough depending on the class you're using. If you good rare gear you can easily do it at about 400k.

No.

Also I should have mentioned, in addition to more XP/gold rewards, the chance to find a legendary item increases with each Torment level. Meaning, you have a higher chance to find legendary items on Torment 6 than you do on Torment 1.

Excellent. Good reason to keep increasing then.

Totally did not end up pre-ordering this! :-( But no worries. None of the GameStop stores in my area are holding a midnight release, so I will instead pick it up at Walmart! :)

Kubiubo

i don't know if anyone else knows this, but if you connect your Battle.Net account to your PSN or XBL account you'll get this ring in D3:UEE:

458.jpg

Har har, get it? Born out of Chaos, because Chaos was the name of Blizzard for a short while, and those who work there only want the best out of their games.

Tirod

Each class has a male and female version (no stat differences, just appearance). You can't change how those characters look, just the way their armor looks through the transmog system (lets you change the skin/model of an item without changing its stats).

Thanks for the responses. Not quite sure what class I'm gonna be just yet. Monk, Demon Hunter, and Wizard all look cool.

If anyone wants another body on their PSN list for the PS4 version, feel free to shoot a request @ SMT_Izanagi.

OmegaDL50

Oh, thats the ring it you get for linking accounts? I wonder if it's already IDd or is it rolled when you ID it?

From what I know it's a level 11 ring which has one of the effects on it allows a level 1 player to equip it. Probably "Level Requirements Reduced" affix.

I don't know what the other 4 effects are though. Still with the Infernal Helm, Pauldrons, and the Signet Ring, these freebie Legendaries are going to make the first half of Act 1 a cakewalk.

I'm likely going to play on Hard / Expert too for the extra exp and gold bonus too.

kiun

are there any other way to obtain the infernal helm preorder bonus from last gen besides transferring old saves ?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So do all of your in-game achievements also transfer(not PSN trophies)? Stuff like doing the triumphs against the bosses, filling out the list of random dungeons in the overworld, the road to breaking 100,000 urns of ash? Or is it just characters and all that stuff starts anew?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
i don't know if anyone else knows this, but if you connect your Battle.Net account to your PSN or XBL account you'll get this ring in D3:UEE:

458.jpg

What does +5 Magic properties mean? Only worthwhile to wizard/WD's rocking elemental magic? Or does it enhance any bonuses on blue equipment or above you are wearing(Magic/Rare properties)? Basically how good is this ring?

A "Nemesis" just invaded my game! I heard several sirens/horns then a portal opened up and a massive monster came through, Killer of: CylonLogicBomb. To those on my friends list, watch out!

beanman25

Guys! Add BobRichards91!

Been playing on Xbox One as of this afternoon. Level 10 with a Demon Hunter, but know my way around the game having played vanilla on PC.

ZenaxPure

What does +5 Magic properties mean? Only worthwhile to wizard/WD's rocking elemental magic? Or does it enhance any bonuses on blue equipment or above you are wearing(Magic/Rare properties)? Basically how good is this ring?

Magic properties are just a stat. 5 magic properties means that ring will have 5 stats.

Oh as an aside that doesn't have to do with this ring in particular, elements are a big part of the expansion for everyone, not just WD/Wizard. Funnily enough though one of the best elements for WD is physical actually since fetish damage is physical. Every rune on a skill has an element tied to it.

OmegaDL50

Basically the Ring will have 5 random effects.

Can be anything +% Life upon kill, +% Critical Hit, +(number) to (Stat such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Vitality), etc.

I do know one of the 5 effects however allows a level 1 character to use it, despite the ring being level 11. (i.e Reduce Level Requirements being another "magic effect")

Top Bottom