• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

icespide

Banned
East coast always getting screwed...

9eZSyhH.jpg

They better have this shit sorted out for Destiny. :(

I though Destiny was already confirmed for midnight pacific

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man I dont know if I should pull the trigger or wait for a deal for this game. I have around 70$ in my account and planning to use it for Destiny.

You guys think I should buy this for now, and worry about Destiny later?

1) I have never played a Diablo game
2) I am not a big RPG fan

I dont know why I want to buy it, but this thread is making me consider it.

Karak

Man I dont know if I should pull the trigger or wait for a deal for this game. I have around 70$ in my account and planning to use it for Destiny.

Why not gamefly it and safe a bundle especially if you aren't even a fan or have played them before. NO risk solution.

They don't really explain enchanting and transmogrification well. Also, I hate that crafting items each take up an inventory slot so I don't carry them around with me.

BashNasty

It's a phenomenal, addicting game if you get into it, but it's a very different thing from a FPS.

Do you have a last generation console handy? If so, you can download a demo on one of those and try the game out. Many, many things have changed about the game since those versions were released, but they'll still give you a great sense of the core gameplay.

mintylurb

Welp, my copy shipped from amazong today. Supposed to arrive tomorrow evening..we'll see.

Nope, unfortunately.

12AM EST needs to be the standard for midnight digital releases damn it.
Seriously. Just about everything from news, finance, economy revolves around the east coast.
Why can't game releases do the same. Grace needs to fix this.

ugh, my d/l has slowed to a crawl. I doubt the 5 Gigs will be done by morning. And this is a 25/25 internet connection :/

Ahh, that sucks, when I downloaded off the PSN store from my PC, the download went quick as hell, about 35 mins or so on 50/15. Maybe try and restart your PS4. Where do you live at?

Anyone interested in a PS3 > PS4 transition video, or has one been made already? I got 1080p footage recorded from PS3, now I just need to do it on PS4 in the same area. Used an Elgato Game Capture HD via HDMI.

There isn't an easier way to add people from the GAF Diablo friends list is there? I manually got through like 20 and gave up.

Too much work.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone interested in a PS3 > PS4 transition video, or has one been made already? I got 1080p footage recorded from PS3, now I just need to do it on PS4 in the same area. Used an Elgato Game Capture HD via HDMI.

Dying to see the process in action personally. Have yet to see anyone capture video of them doing it.

molnizzle

I can't believe it's still 2:00 AM PST. What bullshit. I thought the entire point of this preloading thing was to be able to unlock stuff in your own time zone? Ugh.

If you're going to go with a standardized time across the entire country, it needs to be EST or in the worst case CST. Who's the fucking idiot who started this PST shit?

I can't believe it's still 2:00 AM PST. What bullshit. I thought the entire point of this preloading thing was to be able to unlock stuff in your own time zone? Ugh.

If you're going to go with a standardized time across the entire country, it needs to be EST or in the worst case CST. Who's the fucking idiot who started this PST shit?
It should be 12 on the dot according to your time zone, I'm not staying up till 3 to play... this is bs

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really glad I wasn't excited for this game before two days ago, cause that would have made the wait really hard... But now I can't wait. I'm picking the game up first thing after pilates in the morning. :)

This is my first Diablo game and I have no idea what I'm doing, but I think I'm gonna roll with a monk. They look fun.

There isn't an easier way to add people from the GAF Diablo friends list is there? I manually got through like 20 and gave up.

Too much work.
I've found that just mass adding people isn't all that helpful anyways. Just post in this thread whenever you play the game and invite people to play with you. That way you can meet people one or two at a time and get to know them. That's how I like to do it, anyways!

Aces&Eights

I am in exactly the same boat as you. Never played a Diablo game, had money set aside for Destiny. Not a huge RPG fan but like exploring and loot and stuff. I pulled the trigger, mate. What I read and saw online is that the console release of this is the best of Diablo, The graphics are awesome, it has Adventure mode, loot system is really good and we really have nothing to play until destiny drops, anyway. So, I figured screw it. I bought the digital version and worst case scenario is I learn I am not a big fan of the game and have something to do for 3 more weeks. Best case is I love it, now have a new genre I can look into, meet some gaffers online and be excited every day I get home from work until Destiny releases. Plus, being DD I can't sell it so I now have a AAA fallback game for those droughts that are all too common.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So, have this on PC and wondering if there was anything making it compelling enough to double dip for ps4? Same screen coop might be fun but is there anything else? Checked the OP and didn't see a list so figured I'd ask.

Chucker

Somebody asked on the stream if the view was zoomed in. I couldn't tell very much due to it being snapped, but after stopping the stream it does look a LITTLE zoomed in. Not enough to bother me though.

yamo

Great, went up early to get an hour of gaming in before work. I had the Polish (I think) version pre-loaded instead of the English... wtf I can't read Polish, i'm from Sweden.

alterno69

Banned
I'm double dipping this, bought the PS3 version at launch, really liked it but for some reason never played much, sold it not long ago thinking about this version. Preordered it last friday and will be picking it up tomorrow morning.

David___

Banned
Sweet midnight, lets go play Diablo 3. I would be saying and doing that if Activision weren't jackasses about it.
Yes I'm mad

BFIB

I am in exactly the same boat as you. Never played a Diablo game, had money set aside for Destiny. Not a huge RPG fan but like exploring and loot and stuff. I pulled the trigger, mate. What I read and saw online is that the console release of this is the best of Diablo, The graphics are awesome, it has Adventure mode, loot system is really good and we really have nothing to play until destiny drops, anyway. So, I figured screw it. I bought the digital version and worst case scenario is I learn I am not a big fan of the game and have something to do for 3 more weeks. Best case is I love it, now have a new genre I can look into, meet some gaffers online and be excited every day I get home from work until Destiny releases. Plus, being DD I can't sell it so I now have a AAA fallback game for those droughts that are all too common.

This is the perfect pick up and play game. Friday nights are podcasts, or Coast to Coast AM, and some D3.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

Pretty sure it's brick and mortar that dictates this stuff. They throw an absolute fit if a game is available online before it's available in their awful stores.

Thanks Gamestop!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
First game this generation I've purchased digitally at full price (except CoD: ghosts when I was really drunk and I regret to this day). Figured I'll put hundreds of hours into it, and it'll always be a game I can come back to, whether it's to take a break from other games, or years from now to reminisce.

Heads up to Gaffers: I am very grateful and happy to play with you all but I have kids I'm the next room when I play so at night I probably won't wear a headset (so no voice chat at night). :)

mstevens

I've never owned a gaming headset before, but I might pick up the Gold for this because my friend just got a PS4 to play this game with me... Are they pretty comfortable after a long play session? Worth it?

I'm really glad I wasn't excited for this game before two days ago, cause that would have made the wait really hard... But now I can't wait. I'm picking the game up first thing after pilates in the morning. :)

This is my first Diablo game and I have no idea what I'm doing, but I think I'm gonna roll with a monk. They look fun.

I've found that just mass adding people isn't all that helpful anyways. Just post in this thread whenever you play the game and invite people to play with you. That way you can meet people one or two at a time and get to know them. That's how I like to do it, anyways!
I was just trying to take advantage of the Nemesis system.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So, have this on PC and wondering if there was anything making it compelling enough to double dip for ps4? Same screen coop might be fun but is there anything else? Checked the OP and didn't see a list so figured I'd ask.

Anyone? Any compelling reason to grab the ps4 version beyond split screen coop?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I've never owned a gaming headset before, but I might pick up the Gold for this because my friend just got a PS4 to play this game with me... Are they pretty comfortable after a long play session? Worth it?
I can't speak for that particular headset (I've got Px4's which are great for the price) but the only problem I've ever experienced with high quality over-the-ear headsets is that my ears sweat a bit in the first hour or so. But you get used to it and stop noticing it after awhile.

I found them heavy after long sessions and my connection would occasionally drop but everyone else speaks so highly of them, I'm thinking bout giving them another shot.

quest

Not Banned from OT

I have one and like it a lot. Comfortable for me even with glasses. One of the best features is you can charge and use at the same time. I have to set mine up for the PS4 in morning retired the PS3 to bedroom today.

Just got done with work my diablo 3 UEE vacation is officially started. Now to relax and try get a few hours sleep.

Top Bottom