• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Mrbob

It won't be as nice as the ps4 version but I'm sure blizzard made it playable. The game is worth playing on any system than not playing it at all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How's everyone enjoying it :D?

Fletcher

Double dipping. Already spent so much time on the PC version, but that remote play seems too good to pass up.

Since the RoS expansion Diablo has gotten so much better. I hope they bring the seasons over to PS4, too.

Anyone? Any compelling reason to grab the ps4 version beyond split screen coop?

Depends. I have it on PC, and I thought the PS3 version was super fun to play. The dodge roll is real nifty and it just plays really well. On PC, I played a few chapters and then kinda quit, because no one wanted play coop. I'd imagine if you played it a ton, you'd not find too much here that is valuable if you don't like couch coop. I thought that the PS3 version was pretty good, so if this is an improvement on that, I'll be real happy.

wow after 4 hours with the XB1 version I can easily say this is the best version of the game yet.

and I am greatly looking forward to my Ps4 version tomorrow morning :)

BashNasty

Anyone? Any compelling reason to grab the ps4 version beyond split screen coop?

In my opinion, the number one reason to double dip (even more than couch co-op, which is also going to be amazing) is the new controls. Directly controlling your character with a gamepad is a vastly different experience than a mouse and keyboard. I'd go as far as to say it's a completely different game. Sure, you're still in the same world using the same characters casting the same spells, but you're controlling them in a fundamentally different way. That's pretty exciting, and the reason I'm staying up until 2am to play this despite having put over 500 hours into the PC version.

Hawk269

wow after 4 hours with the XB1 version I can easily say this is the best version of the game yet.

and I am greatly looking forward to my Ps4 version tomorrow morning :)

Did you get the patch that adds 1080p support for the Xbox One version? If so, how is the performance so far?

molnizzle

Offline play makes the game much more compelling on consoles compared to the PC.

Error 37, never forget.

That's the worst part about it, actually. The hacked items were really appalling in the PS360 versions.

I'm here for one reason and one reason only: controller support. I play my games from the couch. If Blizz had a controller option in the PC game I'd be there instead.

Loot-based multiplayer games need to be online-only, period. Or at the very least force offline characters to be segregated.

People who have put some time in with both PC and a console version. Does the controller work? Or will I be kinda bummed?

I played over 200 hours (each) of the PC and PS3 versions. I then skipped RoS on PC to wait for the PS4 version.

Using a controller feels infinitely superior. It was mind blowing to me, honestly.

sadromeo

How big is the XB1 patch?

I saw it at 211 MB. Installing the XB1 now, picking up the PS4 one tomorrow morning.

Really can't wait.

I've put it so many hours in the PC version (and still will: Seasons) but I am really looking forward to the console versions.

nubbe

Controller support feels vastly superior

Is is much more satisfying to be "in the action", instead of directing it with a wand.

So, it's midnight and.... Is it that hard to unlock for non PST users? Other PSN digital games at least allowed you to start downloading at midnight.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
That's the worst part about it, actually. The hacked items were really appalling in the PS360 versions.

I'm here for one reason and one reason only: controller support. I play my games from the couch. If Blizz had a controller option in the PC game I'd be there instead.

Loot-based multiplayer games need to be online-only, period. Or at the very least force offline characters to be segregated.

Only played sparingly with strangers online in the PS3 version and never really knew hacked items were a thing, or I didn't notice.

Still, I would pretty bummed if the lifespan of the game were limited to the server life or my free time to play did not gel with maintenance hours or back-end problems that crop up for the sake of an online necessity just to keep a few asshats in-line with the game design philosophy.

molnizzle

Only played sparingly with strangers online in the PS3 version and never really knew hacked items were a thing, or I didn't notice.

Still, I would pretty bummed if the lifespan of the game were limited to the server life or my free time to play did not gel with maintenance hours or back-end problems that crop up for the sake of an online necessity just to keep a few asshats in-line with the game design philosophy.

Well, you only played sparingly. :p

It was blatant. It was also incredibly simple to dupe items, so it kind of cheapened the loot in the first place since people would just drop dupes of ridiculous gear whenever they joined a new game. These weren't one-off situations either. It was far worse than Borderlands in my experience.

I get that some people like offline play -- they can play single player games then. Loot-based multiplayer games need to be online. That duping even exists (and it so goddamn easy) really cheapens the game for me. I'm still gonna play it because I enjoy running around with my buddies online, but man. As soon as Destiny launches I'll probably never touch D3 again.

Brandon F

Well, you only played sparingly. :p

It was blatant. It was also incredibly simple to dupe items, so it kind of cheapened the loot in the first place since people would just drop dupes of ridiculous gear whenever they joined a new game. These weren't one-off situations either. It was far worse than Borderlands in my experience.

I get that some people like offline play -- they can play single player games then. Loot-based multiplayer games need to be online. That duping even exists (and it so goddamn easy) really cheapens the game for me. I'm still gonna play it because I enjoy running around with my buddies online, but man. As soon as Destiny launches I'll probably never touch D3 again.

I totally understand. I was super bummed when everyone started duping and cheating in PSO on DC. Loved the game in the early months when it was new and pure and people played proper...

Zok310

Banned
NY

Dont know where the hype came from all of a sudden with this game..lol

gtwhqT1.jpg

Brandon F

Is there a PC > PS4 save transfer support? Didn't see that mentioned in OP.

Edit: All answers point to no? Sucks.

Oh well, my copy arrives tomorrow!

Yea, it doesn't. The console games don't connect or have any real direct functionality with Battle.net accounts as I understand.

catspit

So how much is there to download with this game... NA version.. It says it's size is 26gb and I am downloading a chunk right now that's a total of 16gig...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How's everyone enjoying it :D?

Game's great!

Gotta say, after a decade of playing diablos with mouse and keyboard it's... quite a shock. Unlearning that deep seated muscle memory was an weird experience lol.

I'm now at act 2 and things are starting to make sense. It helps that I picked the DH, I feel the class is very well suited to gamepad with all the dodging and vaulting around.

I like how less obtrusive the UI is, I don't like the slightly zoomed in view.

But overall, fantastic.

ZenaxPure

That was definitely the case with the vanilla game so I imagine it'll still be the case now that the expansion is 1080p60 on consoles as well.

The vanilla console game and the vanilla PC game were pretty much different games though (both had their positives and both had their flaws). They're pretty much the same thing this time around, though. The console version isn't superior at all, the only meaningful major difference is the controls which means it just comes down to personal preference.

Top Bottom