• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Saganator

People who have put some time in with both PC and a console version. Does the controller work? Or will I be kinda bummed?

I have about 150 hours on the PC at release. Got it on PS3 and now I won't go back to PC version. It just plays better with a controller, I say this as a long time die hard PC guy.

TripleT1

Anyone know if this will be avaliable digitally on day 1 for xbox 360? Thinking about getting it so I can plsy with some friends.

NY

Dont know where the hype came from all of a sudden with this game..lol

gtwhqT1.jpg

Same timezone in Montreal. This blows. At first glimpse when I bought it, I thought it was the time remaining for my download, then almost a hour later I went to see how my download was going..
I still don't get how they can't release games at midnight for all timezones.

Same timezone in Montreal. This blows. At first glimpse when I bought it, I thought it was the time remaining for my download, then almost a hour later I went to see how my download was going..
I still don't get how they can't release games at midnight for all timezones.

They don't want West Coast people to play on a Monday.

Does anyone know if the pal release on xbox one is multi language (MULTI 5)?

English speaker living in Spain so not sure whether to buy locally or from a UK site.

LCGeek

formerly sane
The vanilla console game and the vanilla PC game were pretty much different games though (both had their positives and both had their flaws). They're pretty much the same thing this time around, though. The console version isn't superior at all, the only meaningful major difference is the controls which means it just comes down to personal preference.

Mobs are different too, this is overlooked despite comparison and topics on the web showing how or even blizzard mentioning this.

The preference point is spot on and blizzard is milking both ends in a way that opens the game up to variety of consumers rather than locking them out as other devs in the industry do.

ZenaxPure

Mobs are different too, this is overlooked despite comparison and topics on the web showing how or even blizzard mentioning this.

The preference point is spot on and blizzard is milking both ends in a way that opens the game up to variety of consumers rather than locking them out as other devs in the industry do.

Sure, there's obviously minor differences but I was just speaking in a general fashion. Original vanilla D3 and PC games were widely different (difficulties, stats on items, no AH, etc.) those kind of differences are extremely minimal or non-existent this time. This is a very smart decision on their part since it will eventually allow them to release patches on the same day for the games (which is something they've said they want to accomplish at some point).

Basically you can't really say one is objectively better than the other, it's pretty much a control preference which even then is not an objective thing either, just preference.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Does anyone know if the pal release on xbox one is multi language (MULTI 5)?

English speaker living in Spain so not sure whether to buy locally or from a UK site.

I am Spanish but have my ps4 set to English.

I purchased off the Spanish PSN store from the console and it downloaded two diablo 3's, one in spanish one in english.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Sure, there's obviously minor differences but I was just speaking in a general fashion. Original vanilla D3 and PC games were widely different (difficulties, stats on items, no AH, etc.) those kind of differences are extremely minimal or non-existent this time. This is a very smart decision on their part since it will eventually allow them to release patches on the same day for the games (which is something they've said they want to accomplish at some point).

Basically you can't really say one is objectively better than the other, it's pretty much a control preference which even then is not an objective thing either, just preference.

I know what you mean monster power vs the vanilla inferno system or even torments. Seeing what blizzard is trying to give console users more of the experience pc users are in to has me very happy they aren't watering it down. They have done a good job of tweaking certain classes and skills to be controller friendly where as doing nothing would make them a pain.

OmegaDL50

this may sound stupid but is there a "map" button? or are you only restricted to the small minimap? i cant seem to remember if there is one

From what I've watched on V0mitG0d's Stream, it's a toggle, you can swap between a minimap, a fullscreen map to see everywhere in your current location, and map disabled.

If I recall this is exactly how it was in the original console release on the PS3 / 360 as well.

Guerrilla

as a new diablo player should I start on easy or medium? (I usually always start games on medium or occassionally higher difficulty but a friend told me diablo was different in this respect)

ZenaxPure

I know what you mean monster power vs the vanilla inferno system or even torments. Seeing what blizzard is trying to give console users more of the experience pc users are in to has me very happy they aren't watering it down. They have done a good job of tweaking certain classes and skills to be controller friendly where as doing nothing would make them a pain.

I just hope they went the extra mile for some things. As a barbarian I obviously worry about leapquake in the console version. How leap works on consoles will make the build utterly useless unless they change how leap behaves if you have the set. Could be a really game breaking situation given Barbs don't have any other T6 options until 2.1.

Haven't seen any console people mention it and I'm not getting the console version at launch so I won't be able to investigate myself. So I sit here eagerly waiting for impressions. Monk will face a similar issue with raiment (though it will not be as terrible as leap).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just turned on my PS4 and the game updated to 1.02 with a 90mb patch. Is that the framerate thing? This is on top of the larger patch that installed a couple days ago.

When I use the export feature from the PS3 menu, does it automatically transfer save data with all of my characters or do I have to do it individually for each one?

as a new diablo player should I start on easy or medium? (I usually always start games on medium or occassionally higher difficulty but a friend told me diablo was different in this respect)

Like i started on Expert on my level 60 wizard beginning with Act V. Its challenging but fair - really solid and doesnt feel cheap.

If you are literally starting from scratch as a new DIABLO player it may be worthwhile to start on normal then up the difficulty as and when you get better.

Guerrilla

Like i started on Expert on my level 60 wizard beginning with Act V. Its challenging but fair - really solid and doesnt feel cheap.

If you are literally starting from scratch as a new DIABLO player it may be worthwhile to start on normal then up the difficulty as and when you get better.

Yeah I'm starting from scratch ;) so medium it is...

Start on Hard for best lewtz!

not sure if serious....

Orca

Start on at least Hard. The game is way too easy to start.

OmegaDL50

In the case of Diablo 3 higher difficulties make enemies have more life and do more damage but you get more exp and gold in return.

The Console versions of RoS are based on the PC difficulty, in fact outside a few slight differences there is almost no difference between the current versions of RoS and the PC outside controls and some features.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty#pc

Refer to the chart in the above link. At default you can only pick from Normal, Hard and, Expert. Beating the Story mode once will unlock Master, and reaching level 60 unlocks Torment.

You can change the difficulty at any time. So as the game gets "easier" you can ramp up the challenge to get average things out and get progressively better and better rewards.

There is almost no reason to play Normal considering it offers the least amount of rewards for effort. Soon enough you'll be clearing full groups of enemies and that added exp and gold will help you a great deal in the long run.

Well, you only played sparingly. :p

It was blatant. It was also incredibly simple to dupe items, so it kind of cheapened the loot in the first place since people would just drop dupes of ridiculous gear whenever they joined a new game. These weren't one-off situations either. It was far worse than Borderlands in my experience.

I get that some people like offline play -- they can play single player games then. Loot-based multiplayer games need to be online. That duping even exists (and it so goddamn easy) really cheapens the game for me. I'm still gonna play it because I enjoy running around with my buddies online, but man. As soon as Destiny launches I'll probably never touch D3 again.

No, they don't need to be online, better checks and balances need to be put in place especially when the hacks are so blatant.

The option to play offline should always exist, the only reason it was online only beforehand was to facilitate the real world auction house on the PC contingent. It's effects on the real world economy will ne talked about for eons.

Guerrilla

In the case of Diablo 3 higher difficulties make enemies have more life and do more damage but you get more exp and gold in return.

The Console versions of RoS are based on the PC difficulty, in fact outside a few slight differences there is almost no difference between the current versions of RoS and the PC outside controls and some features.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty#pc

Refer to the chart in the above link. At default you can only pick from Normal, Hard and, Expert. Beating the Story mode once will unlock Master, and reaching level 60 unlocks Torment.

You can change the difficulty at any time. So as the game gets "easier" you can ramp up the challenge to get average things out and get progressively better and better rewards.

There is almost no reason to play Medium considering it offers the least amount of rewards for effort.

ah ok there isn't even an easy mode lol. thanks for the clarification

Top Bottom