• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

master diff is still there ?

Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, T1-6. Off the top of my head I believe that is right.

Master is pretty rough and I doubt anyone going in fresh will do it. Honestly if you're going in fresh you're best off starting on normal and then getting some gear with stats and bumping it up to hard and then go from there based on feel.

OmegaDL50

No, they don't need to be online, better checks and balances need to be put in place especially when the hacks are so blatant.

The option to play offline should always exist, the only reason it was online only beforehand was to facilitate the real world auction house on the PC contingent. It's effects on the real world economy will ne talked about for eons.

Well if that Item check Blizzard implemented works as intended then items with impossible values should hopefully no longer exist.

If a sword you find can have attack values from "400 to 600" it should drop with a random value of any number in between those values for it's parameter. So someone can't export their save file and modify that sword to have "1000" attack, and copy their save back to the game, the game will basically know the item is outside it's threshold and is deleted.

The only problem with this, however it does not prevent people from making items have their maximum roll. in the above example using a value of "400 to 600" for a Sword, using this check for items, means someone can still exploit it to make that sword with a max DPS of 600 since it falls within the "safe limit"

Still it's better then seeing people walk around and do 50 million damage and 200 million for critical.

Although I prefer no such hacking existed in the first place. Which brings up a good question if Sony opted to to use a strong 256 SHA-2 encryption for save files.

Even if you can't stop cheaters, delaying them as long as possible with strong encryption is next best alternative

LCGeek

formerly sane
Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, T1-6. Off the top of my head I believe that is right.

If that's the case then one can start out in expert and do fine till about lvl 30 or so if you're new to the game. With some experience with the franchise I say 40-50 on expert right away is doable. Considering it's not hardcore there is no risk and you get more xp, gold, and loot quicker.

ZenaxPure

If that's the case then one can start out in expert and do fine till about lvl 30 or so if you're new to the game. With some experience with the franchise I say 40-50 on expert right away is doable. Considering it's not hardcore there is no risk and you get more xp, gold, and loot quicker.

Yeah, expert is fine really for the average person I think.

It's a minor note but I will say being level 1 with absolutely no gear really sucks for hard and above. You save more time just doing the first couple of quests on normal just to get some gear.

I always thought it was weird you started D3 naked.

sadromeo

Is it possible to have 2 player local co-op playing with up to 2 players online as well?

Or is it just local 2 co-op or 4 player co-op online?

molnizzle

No, they don't need to be online, better checks and balances need to be put in place especially when the hacks are so blatant.

The option to play offline should always exist, the only reason it was online only beforehand was to facilitate the real world auction house on the PC contingent. It's effects on the real world economy will ne talked about for eons.

That doesn't fix the duping problem at all though. It'll still be piss-easy to accumulate hundreds of the top tier gems if you want. That's bullshit, and no amount of "checks and balances" will fix it — besides making save files completely inaccessible to the user on the system level. Like that will ever happen.

As I said, if devs want to put in offline functionality the characters need to be separated. Just like D2. You could play D2 offline if you wanted but you could never take your offline characters on b.net. They were permanently segregated. That's the only acceptable offline solution for loot games like this.

Top Bottom