• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZeroX03

Banned
5b6WG30.jpg

The other kind of grinding in bed.

burnfout

So first playing the Polish version of the game was a bit weird. (I'm Dutch)

Luckily I preloaded both files, the other one was English.

Weird glitch/mess up on PSN.

Infernal Pauldrons is a lie

Also trying to figure this out. Not in my mail, not in my inventory, not in my stash.

Was wondering the same. Got my ring from blizzard but that's it.

you guys have to unlock them. Wait for the game to fully install. Exit the game, then they are equipped either in your stash or in your inventory.

They dont show up until the game is fully installed and you exit then start again.

ZeroX03

Banned
How are you finding the remote play function of the game?

Seems fine. Definitely playable. Text doesn't get any bigger though so it can be tough to read, uses back touch screen for L2/L3/R2/R3 but it senses them well and it also adds a small deadzone to the edges to stop you accidentally touching them which is nice. 30fps and the lower resolution gives it a very PS3ish feel though. Would not want to play the entire game like this but the gameplay itself isn't really suffering for it (minus framerate).

OmegaDL50

you guys have to unlock them. Wait for the game to fully install. Exit the game, then they are equipped either in your stash or in your inventory.

They dont show up until the game is fully installed and you exit then start again.

No dice.

I had the game fully installed. Quit, re-entered and no Pauldrons

Marv_79

Neo Member
Seems fine. Definitely playable. Text doesn't get any bigger though so it can be tough to read, uses back touch screen for L2/L3/R2/R3 but it senses them well and it also adds a small deadzone to the edges to stop you accidentally touching them which is nice. 30fps and the lower resolution gives it a very PS3ish feel though. Would not want to play the entire game like this but the gameplay itself isn't really suffering for it (minus framerate).

Is it possible to use the DS4 controller? I've bought some velcro straps in preperation for this :)

No dice.

I had the game fully installed. Quit, re-entered and no Pauldrons

what are you on PS4 or XB1? for me, i scanned the QR code in and it put it into the download list. it finished installing while i was playing - nothing.

Quit, came back then they were there.

Have you tried putting in the code again then checking the right area in your stash?

OmegaDL50

what are you on PS4 or XB1? for me, i scanned the QR code in and it put it into the download list. it finished installing while i was playing - nothing.

Quit, came back then they were there.

Have you tried putting in the code again then checking the right area in your stash?

I bought it digitally for PS4.

The pre-order content automatically downloaded along with my game but I don't have my content.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is it possible to use the DS4 controller? I've bought some velcro straps in preperation for this :)

I don't think so sorry. It turns your DS4 off and if you turn it on again it asks you to pick a user, but if you pick yourself it turns off the Vita connection.

You can use the Vita and DS4 for multiplayer though. One person on Vita and another on your DS4 (on another account) works fine, like other local multi games.

BTW that guy on XB1 was correct about the sound.

If you have surround sound, change the master volume down to 80. Put Sound Effects down to either 40 or 50. They are WAY too loud for the volume level - voices / ambient i put on 80/90 but you definitely need to drop the sound effects.

OmegaDL50

Okay deleting the content off my HDD and redownloading seemed to did something because I now have the Guise of the Colossi in my stash.

Still can't find my Pauldrons though.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Those who are starting out level 1, what difficulty did you choose? I'm going expert (or whatever the third option is). Hope I don't regret it.

ZeroX03

Banned
BTW that guy on XB1 was correct about the sound.

If you have surround sound, change the master volume down to 80. Put Sound Effects down to either 40 or 50. They are WAY too loud for the volume level - voices / ambient i put on 80/90 but you definitely need to drop the sound effects.

^ seconded. The default 80 is scary loud, it's a strange choice.

Marv_79

Neo Member
I don't think so sorry. It turns your DS4 off and if you turn it on again it asks you to pick a user, but if you pick yourself it turns off the Vita connection.

You can use the Vita and DS4 for multiplayer though. One person on Vita and another on your DS4 (on another account) works fine, like other local multi games.

Have you tried using a guest PS4 account? I seem to remember people doing this on warframe.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
So when linking my PS4 to my B.net account, if I'm unable to at the moment can I start playing now and link the accounts later?

Putty

I'm almost done with TLOU so looking at this as my next purchase, what's the PS4 verdict? I only played 20 mins of the PS3 demo back yonder but liked what I played.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Grimløck;126070274 said:
where can i find the infernal pauldrons?
Mine were in my shoulder slot in my inventory, but I had to scroll through and equip them. Where are the other bonuses? Anyone know?

bebop242

Have you tried using a guest PS4 account? I seem to remember people doing this on warframe.

I did this for warframe. My vita is assigned to my wife's psn because of all the ps plus content was on her name. Found a way for the vita to display my screen and use the ds4 to control. Only problem was that the vita would auto dim after awhile due to no input to the actual device.

Just picked this up. Looking forward to some good grinding sessions in bed and while taking a dump via remote play. Seems like the perfect game for it.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Didn't work sorry. Still has you join as a second character.

Damn it, how annoying. Thanks for trying ;)

I did this for warframe. My vita is assigned to my wife's psn because of all the ps plus content was on her name. Found a way for the vita to display my screen and use the ds4 to control. Only problem was that the vita would auto dim after awhile due to no input to the actual device.

Ah ok, that might be an idea, cheers

LCGeek

formerly sane
Those who are starting out level 1, what difficulty did you choose? I'm going expert (or whatever the third option is). Hope I don't regret it.

If you're good at the game this is max you can do till you get good gear. About LVL 30 the game will start getting tough but manageable.

Well if that Item check Blizzard implemented works as intended then items with impossible values should hopefully no longer exist.

If a sword you find can have attack values from "400 to 600" it should drop with a random value of any number in between those values for it's parameter. So someone can't export their save file and modify that sword to have "1000" attack, and copy their save back to the game, the game will basically know the item is outside it's threshold and is deleted.

The only problem with this, however it does not prevent people from making items have their maximum roll. in the above example using a value of "400 to 600" for a Sword, using this check for items, means someone can still exploit it to make that sword with a max DPS of 600 since it falls within the "safe limit"

Still it's better then seeing people walk around and do 50 million damage and 200 million for critical.

Although I prefer no such hacking existed in the first place. Which brings up a good question if Sony opted to to use a strong 256 SHA-2 encryption for save files.

Even if you can't stop cheaters, delaying them as long as possible with strong encryption is next best alternative
I agree, it is much better than seeing impossible numbers from hacked weapons, i didn't know blizzard was implementing such a system, it should definitely at least curb some of the tomfoolery..

That doesn't fix the duping problem at all though. It'll still be piss-easy to accumulate hundreds of the top tier gems if you want. That's bullshit, and no amount of "checks and balances" will fix it — besides making save files completely inaccessible to the user on the system level. Like that will ever happen.

As I said, if devs want to put in offline functionality the characters need to be separated. Just like D2. You could play D2 offline if you wanted but you could never take your offline characters on b.net. They were permanently segregated. That's the only acceptable offline solution for loot games like this.

Unacceptable, not everyone wants to be or can be connected all the time for the sake of you not getting legendary envy when you see a random with crazy gear..heck, it's the online only nature of the PC version that is a big part of why people are double dipping into the console versions at such a massive rate, if blizzard allowed PC to console saves, barely anyone would play so let on PC so they were wise to stop the buck there.

First time Diablo player, played for an hour, shit is addictive lol. Wanted something to keep me busy until Destiny arrived, looks like I bit off more than I can chew.

Hammer24

Banned
Downloading on XB1.
Man, I´m excited! After spending countless hours in D2, its now been years since I last touched the franchise. Can´t wait!

Top Bottom