• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

forms

Only had the possibility to test for 5 minutes, but I must say I am amazed at how good it felt on the PS4. I have played it excessively on the PC, but this felt Good! :D

Edit: people with problems receiving their bonuses, did you order from a region other than the one your your main account belongs to?

zeox

Woke up to play and my game is in polish. I can't seem to change the language anywhere in the options either :(

(I am not polish)

ValeYard

I haven't played diablo in a while (pc than 360). Now on ps4 I'm a but surprised that my Mage is constantly surrounded by a force field even when my energy armor isn't activated. What am I missing?

Edit: OMG I'm such a noob. It's the passive Galvanizing Ward. I don't remember its effect being so pronounced.

drotahorror

you guys have to unlock them. Wait for the game to fully install. Exit the game, then they are equipped either in your stash or in your inventory.

They dont show up until the game is fully installed and you exit then start again.

My game has been fully installed since sunday. I did try to restart the game and I still have nothing though.

ZenaxPure

Unacceptable, not everyone wants to be or can be connected all the time for the sake of you not getting legendary envy when you see a random with crazy gear..heck, it's the online only nature of the PC version that is a big part of why people are double dipping into the console versions at such a massive rate, if blizzard allowed PC to console saves, barely anyone would play so let on PC so they were wise to stop the buck there.

Honestly never read such a huge over statement in my life lol. The PC version of RoS sold almost 3 million units in the first week it was out. There would absolutely not be some sort of mass quitting on the PC side if you could transfer from PC lol.

Gowans

Snuck 30mins before work on this (XBO: Gowans007).

Played it on the PC but man I LOVE the direct controls, looks great too.

Played Barbarian on PC and switched to Witch Doctor and really liking him but dont know how to use a dagger if I equip it on him :)

Can't wait to play more tonight, I'm gona talk the Mrs into local coop, she can be the Crusader.

ZenaxPure

Took out Leoric, not really feeling the Witch Doctor so far :(

As rough as it sounds it is hard to judge the playstyle of a class until you reach max level. You don't have everything unlocked until then and it's hard to get gear with the exact stats you need until then.

It's a bummer for sure, but to be honest I don't think many of the classes are all that great until max level. I pretty much hated my wizard in the original game until level 60 but then I really liked it. Same thing happened again from 60 until 70.

barit

Amazing game ! I have fun like the first time I played D3 vanilla on PC. Sound is so awesome with my new Sony Headset 2.0. The controller movement is perfect. I was a little concern about that but it seems Blizzard´s decision to make D3 more console friendly paid off in the long run. I criticized them last year for gimping down D3 but now i´m glad they did it. Game runs super smooth with 60 FPS on PS4. I have massive frame drops on PC especially in Coop but PS4 seems stable so far. Really impressed with the performance.

And yeah the Infernale Pauldrons are a myth ! Blizzard wtf ?

drotahorror

People said restart your ps4 to get pre order items. Nope, still nothing. I don't have any pre order items, pauldrons, no transmogs, no spectral minion, nothing.

OmegaDL50

Well this is complete bullshit.

By the time Blizzard fixes whatever the hell is wrong with the pre-order Infernal Pauldrons for Digital purchasers, they will be useless due to the fact you'll have something better by then.

Bah.

Raxious

As rough as it sounds it is hard to judge the playstyle of a class until you reach max level. You don't have everything unlocked until then and it's hard to get gear with the exact stats you need until then.

It's a bummer for sure, but to be honest I don't think many of the classes are all that great until max level. I pretty much hated my wizard in the original game until level 60 but then I really liked it. Same thing happened again from 60 until 70.

I loved the Barb and Crusader on PC.

xkramz

By the time Blizzard fixes whatever the hell is wrong with the pre-order Infernal Pauldrons for Digital purchasers, they will be useless due to the fact you'll have something better by then.

Bah.
Has anyone contacted blizzard or Sony? Smh it never fails

People said restart your ps4 to get pre order items. Nope, still nothing. I don't have any pre order items, pauldrons, no transmogs, no spectral minion, nothing.

Bah.

I had a feeling something with go wrong with digital pre-orders.

OmegaDL50

I just noticed it's not just the Pauldrons that are missing, but the 3 extra character slots, The Spectral Hound minion, and the Arma Mortis and Arma Haereticorum Transmog recipes too.

Oh well. People are already making noise about this on the Official Blizzard forums.

This will be sorted out soon enough hopefully.

Has anyone contacted blizzard or Sony? Smh it never fails

Found this from the Blizzard console forums:

"It's expected that some folks won't have access to the pre-order items until the game officially goes live on August 19th. Of course, we'll keep an eye on things to make sure those items are being appropriately distributed once the switches are flipped."

fernoca

Started finally! I'm a monk. First time playing...ever! So far, so great.

Infernal Pauldrons are in my inventory so no problems therem Though I don't know how to equip anything.

EDIT:
And just discovered how to equip on PS4. Equiped the Infernal Pauldrons..the battle.net ring. The other stuff seems to be there too like the Colossi. The pauldrons looks out of place since the monk is shirtless..but at least something to protect. :p

Matriox

Been playing about 30 minutes or so on my vita. Controls amazingly other than the ability on back TouchPad, which is fine but just wish the vita was more like a ds4.. The framerate isn't super but expected. Loving remote play on Diablo so far, great experience :)

OmegaDL50

I will say one thing. You level up FAST on Expert.

The 150% EXP and Gold Bonus is the real deal.

Can't wait until I get Master and the Torment levels unlocked.

Truant

Just bought it, but there's two different downloads - one 20gb and one 40gb. I reckon the big one has multiple languages?

jonabbey

Snuck 30mins before work on this (XBO: Gowans007).

Played it on the PC but man I LOVE the direct controls, looks great too.

Played Barbarian on PC and switched to Witch Doctor and really liking him but dont know how to use a dagger if I equip it on him :)

Can't wait to play more tonight, I'm gona talk the Mrs into local coop, she can be the Crusader.

Heh, I was just trying out a Witch Doctor and had the same question. The answer is, you don't. For the spell casters, you don't ever do melee, but your weapon damage contributes to the damage your (primary?) spell does. Makes no sense, but that's how it is.

gruenel

Not sure why people are complaining about Remote Play for this game.

Played 2 hours on my Vita today and it was an absolute blast! Yes it only runs at 30FPS of course but IMO gameplay doesn't suffer much because of it.

Also, the touchpad controls are pretty responsive and if you put your cooldown spells on R2 you don't even need it that often.

While I always felt lag was muddying the controls a bit in first person shooters it's totally unnoticeable for me in this game. Text and icons are perfectly legible, too.

I'll definitely be spending a lot of time this way. It's the perfect remote play game.

ZenaxPure

Heh, I was just trying out a Witch Doctor and had the same question. The answer is, you don't. For the spell casters, you don't ever do melee, but your weapon damage contributes to the damage your (primary?) spell does. Makes no sense, but that's how it is.

Weapon damage determines the damage for every ability in the game that does damage (along with your other stats).

Gowans

Ahh ok, thanks ;)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I will say one thing. You level up FAST on Expert.

The 150% EXP and Gold Bonus is the real deal.

Can't wait until I get Master and the Torment levels unlocked.
Yeah I was like lvl 46 when I beat the game. I think I was low 30s when I beat it on PC.

For the spell casters, you don't ever do melee, but your weapon damage contributes to the damage your (primary?) spell does. Makes no sense, but that's how it is.

Actually, your weapon contributes to the damage of the spells with "does X% weapon damage" on description.

I'm really surprised at how good the actual combat feels, the Wizard's freeze ray and Monk's lashing kick are great fun.

yep especially when you start chaining skills together.

I have basically made an "Ice wizard" with everything revolving around extra damage to chilled or frozen targets. I love the build as it's high risk, high damage and high reward

Passives: Cooldown 20% reduction, Glass Cannon 15% additional damage, damage to chilled targets

Equip Ice Armour (Chilling people) -
Slow time bubble (extra damage)
Then Frost Nova (chilled ppl take extra damage)
Explosion (Short Fuse)
roll out then use Black Hole

Removed the need to map the free skills to "A" button as thats just my armour button. its working well for me now.

thenexus6

Question: I am playing as a monk and I have a sword and staff equipped however when I attack I am just punching and not using the weapons? Am I missing something here?

mid83

My god this game looks and feels great. I remember being so skeptical about console diablo back at the ps4 reveal last year, but wow did Blizzard prove me wrong.

I have a feeling I'm going to sink a ridiculous amount of hours into this game.

Wallach

Played up until I found Cain on a new Monk. Like a lot of folks, I don't seem to have all the pre-order stuff yet, just the transmog recipe for SotC stuff and the ring.

Started on Expert fresh. I have to say, as someone with a lot of hours into PC RoS already, the PS4 version was pretty much immediately apparent to me as better. On one hand, some part of me is annoyed with that; on the other hand, I've only owned this system for a few hours so I don't feel bad about the purchase. Went with Monk instead of my regular Demon Hunter; hopefully the late game balance of Monks (especially their gear) is a little improved here in the console version. They're still the coolest looking & feeling class in the game to me, and it's actually a little more satisfying to smash stuff with them on the controller somehow.

Going to wait a while until the full install finishes to see if my other pre-order junk shows up.

Question: I am playing as a monk and I have a sword and staff equipped however when I attack I am just punching and not using the weapons? Am I missing something here?

how can you have a sword and staff equipped? arent the staffs 2 handed?

In answer to your questions - you dont really "use" the weapons - they are there for the damage output and stat effects.

I.e. - i have a 2 handed axe with 111K DPS - im a wizard. Basically i hold it and shoot beams out of it and roast people, i dont actually swing the axe around as you would imagine.

I thought the same thing as you when i got the game on PC years ago.

thenexus6

how can you have a sword and staff equipped? arent the staffs 2 handed?

In answer to your questions - you dont really "use" the weapons - they are there for the damage output and stat effects.

I.e. - i have a 2 handed axe with 111K DPS - im a wizard. Basically i hold it and shoot beams out of it and roast people, i dont actually swing the axe around as you would imagine.

I thought the same thing as you when i got the game on PC years ago.

Ah I see, sorry it was a javelin. Yeah my character holds them both in his hands while he walks but when in combat he's just punching.

Ah I see, sorry it was a javelin. Yeah my character holds them both in his hands while he walks but when in combat he's just punching.

yeah dont worry about them "using" the weapon - in essence you are equipping the weapon, but then using your powers/skills which often have nothing to do with the weapon.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Holy hell, I just found a weapon that changed my damage from 46k to 95k. Goodness.

Also if you plan on playing solo, you should still add lots of GAF people. You get gifted legendaries left and right.

Top Bottom