• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ZenaxPure

So am I supposed to salvage EVERYTHING now? Just curious have not played since release.

Crafting mats change at level 61 so it doesn't matter before then. But yeah at 61+ you will want to salvage EVERYTHING you are not using. All the crafting mats are really valuable and they are easy to burn through when you start rerolling gear or try to craft weapon/armor with the exact stats you want.

LCGeek

formerly sane
So am I supposed to salvage EVERYTHING now? Just curious have not played since release.

Yes. I'm only referring to items by color.

Whites become (Very common)
Blues (Least common)
Yellows (Common but unlike the other 2 you only get one per each item the others you get random amounts)
Legendaries (Salvage whatever is not useful for you or friends you need them to enchant items and myriam is not generous person.)

If you want to know how to attain some quickly just respond in here or send a pm.

Blues (Least common)
Yellows (Common but unlike the other 2 you only get one per each item the others you get random amounts)
Legendaries (Salvage whatever is not useful for you or friends you need them to enchant items and myriam is not generous person.)

If you want to know how to attain some quickly just respond in here or send a pm.

do you carry your craft items around with you permanently? i find they take a LOT of space. Or do you just leave them in your inventory.

thenexus6

If I jump into a randoms online game what happens to my single player progression? Will I just jump back into mine in the exact same spot or will it leap to match the other players?

ZenaxPure

If I jump into a randoms online game what happens to my single player progression? Will I just jump back into mine in the exact same spot or will it leap to match the other players?

If it works like the PC version (which I don't see why it wouldn't) jumping into another player's game will let you skip through parts of the campaign, but, when you check out quest selection anything you personally haven't done won't show up (so if you jump from Act 1 to Act 3 Act 2 won't show up, just 1 and 3). By default when you jump back into the game it will put you in the last spot you were at regardless of single/multiplayer I believe... But it's been a while since I have messed with story mode so I might be forgetting something.

Skele7on

Banned
downloading now, my HDD is already on 60% used on my xbox one.

Might be time to start looking for an external or deleting unused stuff.

Blues (Least common)

the lack of green set items disturbs me

Just got off work. Looking forward to starting this up when I get home. Still undecided on a class. Probably DH or WD considering I really only played a Wizard on PC.

Tirod

So I have to say that I thought I bit off more than I could chew starting off fresh and blind on Expert in this. Enemies were taking a long time for me to kill as a Wizard and I was doing a ton of kiting.

My feelings started to turn for the better when I ended up in an encounter with some sort of boss/elite mob near, well I forget the name of the place, but it was one crypt of three I had to explore to find a crown for the main quest.

I had to kite this fucking digging/scavenging guy and his ghost buddies for what must have been a good 8 minutes or so before they finally dropped dead, and I got a weapon drop I had to survey. 'Lo and behold, it ended up being a Legendary 1H sword called Wildwood that was a HUGE damage increase for me.

I proceeded to complete my quest objective and got a great off hand drop (it's a book that levitates in my hand), a new chest piece, pauldrons, and ring.

At this point I got prompted to teleport to town but I wanted to explore the remaining crypt I hadn't set foot in yet, and shit was just dieing left and right. I was performing so much better, a tooltip popped up explaining how to change the difficulty of the game, even though I'm at the max difficulty I can be right now lol.

TLDR: Rocky start on Expert, but after getting some great drops the game got more fun.

Gonna go to bed now and just indulge myself in this game over the next 2 days, totally glad I picked this up.

LCGeek

formerly sane
do you carry your craft items around with you permanently? i find they take a LOT of space. Or do you just leave them in your inventory.

No I tend to put my items back in the inventory when I'm done doing a specific task I had in mind. During most of my runs I quick salvage, which is much better on the console, and then go back to my task. You should have 5 or 4 tabs depending on how up to date blizzard is keeping the game and it's plenty of room, this picture should help you out.

Here's my current wiz profile. I do mix it up quite a bit, but it's geared for T6 uber runs which which me and the main clan leader can do quite fast or carry our friends through. I use a cold elemental setup and my magic missile and cold hydra can deal out quite a bit. If you want advice on cold setups as you level let me know.

ForGaf0002_zps9d30808f.jpg

Abuse the blackhole with the damage increase of 3% per hit vs the bigger mobs you will get a big damage that bonus that no passive Nail a mob of any decent like the icon shows and laugh. That's ten seconds of that bonus damage next to a power pylon, conduit, or harringtons belt not that easy to get such a bonus.

Have fun with whatever machinations come to mind and when you can use mirror image with that frost nova 30% you mentioned it has nice results especially in groups.

the lack of green set items disturbs me

Those I qualify as legendaries since they become brimstones or forgotten souls.

So I have to say that I thought I bit off more than I could chew starting off fresh and blind on Expert in this. Enemies were taking a long time for me to kill as a Wizard and I was doing a ton of kiting.

My feelings started to turn for the better when I ended up in an encounter with some sort of boss/elite mob near, well I forget the name of the place, but it was one crypt of three I had to explore to find a crown for the main quest.

I had to kite this fucking digging/scavenging guy and his ghost buddies for what must have been a good 8 minutes or so before they finally dropped dead, and I got a weapon drop I had to survey. 'Lo and behold, it ended up being a Legendary 1H sword called Wildwood that was a HUGE damage increase for me.

I proceeded to complete my quest objective and got a great off hand drop (it's a book that levitates in my hand), a new chest piece, pauldrons, and ring.

At this point I got prompted to teleport to town but I wanted to explore the remaining crypt I hadn't set foot in yet, and shit was just dieing left and right. I was performing so much better, a tooltip popped up explaining how to change the difficulty of the game, even though I'm at the max difficulty I can be right now lol.

TLDR: Rocky start on Expert, but after getting some great drops the game got more fun.

Gonna go to bed now and just indulge myself in this game over the next 2 days, totally glad I picked this up.

Yeh that's pretty much how it's gonna be when you start the game on a somewhat hard difficulty. A single good weapon drop makes a huge difference and is usually what you're looking forward at that point. I really like that as it may take a while but when you finally do get that good drop and feel how much it improves everything it's quite rewarding.

people need reminding you send the items to people manually. through the new treasure tab in inventory. (lower right-at top of menu)

I'm new friends with ~30 of you and haven't gotten a thing. lol.

Drame

Finally I have time to play. Imported my 250k barbarian, which was simple and quick. Now, time to rush act 5 to open the adventure mode! Rolling on torment 1. Oh and, remember to activate the elective mode as it's not set on by default.

people need reminding you send the items to people manually. through the new treasure tab in inventory. (lower right-at top of menu)

I'm new friends with ~30 of you and haven't gotten a thing. lol.
About 3 hours after the game released. 30 isn't much considering there's like 300+ in that thread on PSN alone. Most of us are asleep, at work, or don't yet have the game. The digital version wasn't all that appealing with its broken download size.

Would you recommend I dive right in on expert?

I haven't played in a few years but this type of game is my exact cup of tea

Still waiting for the post man :-(

awesome. My friend just whatsapped me to tell me he found a legendary and when he picked it up it said "sent to IAMBLEST" - so i have a legendary item waiting for me at home.

No I tend to put my items back in the inventory when I'm done doing a specific task I had in mind. During most of my runs I quick salvage, which is much better on the console, and then go back to my task. You should have 5 or 4 tabs depending on how up to date blizzard is keeping the game and it's plenty of room, this picture should help you out.

Here's my current wiz profile. I do mix it up quite a bit, but it's geared for T6 uber runs which which me and the main clan leader can do quite fast or carry our friends through. I use a cold elemental setup and my magic missile and cold hydra can deal out quite a bit. If you want advice on cold setups as you level let me know.

ForGaf0002_zps9d30808f.jpg

Abuse the blackhole with the damage increase of 3% per hit vs the bigger mobs you will get a big damage that bonus that no passive Nail a mob of any decent like the icon shows and laugh. That's ten seconds of that bonus damage next to a power pylon, conduit, or harringtons belt not that easy to get such a bonus.

Have fun with whatever machinations come to mind and when you can use mirror image with that frost nova 30% you mentioned it has nice results especially in groups.

Those I qualify as legendaries since they become brimstones or forgotten souls.

man your character is a fair bit beyond mine. Im like 111K damage - you seemed to be like 850K DPS or something. Im nowhere near that - nice looking build. I guess my build wouldnt be suitable for the level you play at.

Yeah i guess i just need to keep my stuff in inventory then try and make things as and when i need it. Grab it from my inventory and either craft something or enchant something.

I wish they gave us more than 60 slots TBH.

KJRage

I am curious if anyone knows a good build for a T6 WD? I have a monk but don't know to much playing as WD. I see lots of different builds but not sure which ones are T6 viable.

RexNovis

Banned
Why is this downloading so slowly?!? Speedtest on my internet via the PS4 put it at 45mbps but it's downloading at less than 1mbps!?!?? Arrrrrg so sick of waiting!

Anyone else getting really low download speeds on PSN?

Skele7on

Banned
Hey guys,

So i originally played this on ps3 but am thinking of switching my char to xbox.

What would happen to my exclusive ps3 gear?

Anyone know?

Hmmm, my mom and I are playing from 2 ps4's in the same house. If she joins my game, she gets booted out within 2 seconds with no message pop up; but I can join her game and play no problem. That makes no sense at all lol

ZenaxPure

I am curious if anyone knows a good build for a T6 WD? I have a monk but don't know to much playing as WD. I see lots of different builds but not sure which ones are T6 viable.

The current WD T6 builds are Pets and Jade Harvester. If you read through those links you can get a pretty good idea of them. The pet build is fairly flexible in a few ways but Jade is pretty locked down.

General idea behind pets is to get a Mask of Jeram (increases pet damage by 75-100%) and a Tall man's finger (combines all zombie dogs into 1 huge dog with massive HP and he hits like a truck) and then use a high proc attack like rain of toads to constantly spawn fetishes. This is probably the easiest T6 build in the game to gear for because the gear requirements are so low.

As for Jade you need the entire Jade set and the Queztzalcoatl helmet. Playstyle is pretty straight forward, hit enemies with haunt and locust swarm and then use soul harvest to consume the entire duration (up to 30 seconds iirc) and deal the DoT damage instantly. This build takes a lot of gear but it's arguably the strongest in the game because you pretty consistently 1 shot elite packs, even in groups.

What stats are important for a crusader (strength, vitality etc..)?

Don't worry too much about it until max level, but really it depends on the gear slots. In general CDR is your best stat because over half of crusader's abilities are on a cooldown, but, you still want to follow the typical gearing guidelines: Crit chance and CHD everywhere you can get it, Strength on nearly every piece (ideally every single piece), and elemental damage where you can get it. Since most stats can only roll on specific pieces it makes your goal pretty manageable.

LCGeek

formerly sane
man your character is a fair bit beyond mine. Im like 111K damage - you seemed to be like 850K DPS or something. Im nowhere near that - nice looking build. I guess my build wouldnt be suitable for the level you play at.

Yeah i guess i just need to keep my stuff in inventory then try and make things as and when i need it. Grab it from my inventory and either craft something or enchant something.

I wish they gave us more than 60 slots TBH.

The dps doesn't matter your skills and combat are more important and that's decent philosophy. I play at all levels, dead serious I still play on normal at least a few times during my runs on some days as it's easiest way to farm rift fragments. Lower torments are good for cache runs and getting certain items out of them.

that's my build without considering buffs or bonuses. On that build when I hit certain combos or play with certain friends it goes to about 2.4 mil max and that is that build not my vyrs which can hit inbetween 7-9 mil on the sheet dps. I play hardcore so I still have to build up character constantly and since I play on different accounts for friends always trying to see what others wizards are doing for damage or support.

When it comes to your inventory think of it as short term way to hold on to things. Rather I tend to stash a lot of things for late builds or say I switch up my builds and they give you plenty of space. You can also create characters and use the inventory to mule them between other characters which gives you even more space. I have the same wish as well 60 slots is small especially when you consider certain items eat 2 spots each.

nowai

The lack of pre order items is disappointing.

I suppose I should either play the expansion with one of my 60s instead of my crusader. By the time they sort out the details, I suspect I will will already have superior gear.

pixlexic

Banned
Played a bit this morning before leaving for work.

Frame looked great so far, but something seemed a little off from the graphics compared to the pc version. Not sure what it was though? Maybe the camera is closer to the character making the textures seem worse?

The dps doesn't matter your skills and combat are more important and that's decent philosophy. I play at all levels, dead serious I still play on normal at least a few times during my runs on some days as it's easiest way to farm rift fragments. Lower torments are good for cache runs and getting certain items out of them.

that's my build without considering buffs or bonuses. On that build when I hit certain combos or play with certain friends it goes to about 2.4 mil max and that is that build not my vyrs which can hit inbetween 7-9 mil on the sheet dps. I play hardcore so I still have to build up character constantly and since I play on different accounts for friends always trying to see what others wizards are doing for damage or support.

When it comes to your inventory think of it as short term way to hold on to things. Rather I tend to stash a lot of things for late builds or say I switch up my builds and they give you plenty of space. You can also create characters and use the inventory to mule them between other characters which gives you even more space. I have the same wish as well 60 slots is small especially when you consider certain items eat 2 spots each.
what did you put your paragon points into? what would you recommend for a wizard?

i had 2 points only and i put them into attack speed - then i read somewhere your should do that as it has no effect. I couldnt decipher why i always thought increased attack speed made more DPS.

Admodieus

What stats are important for a crusader (strength, vitality etc..)?

Strength and Vitality are the ones you'll focus on early; as you level you'll want to start favoring shields with block chance as well as any item that contributes attack speed, critical hit damage, critical hit chance, and all resistance. There are some Crusader end-game builds that focus heavily on cooldown reduction so keep an eye out for that when you get to 70.

Top Bottom