• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Admodieus

what did you put your paragon points into? what would you recommend for a wizard?

i had 2 points only and i put them into attack speed - then i read somewhere your should do that as it has no effect. I couldnt decipher why i always thought increased attack speed made more DPS.

For your first 200 paragon levels, the widely accepted approach to points is to focus on Movement Speed, Attack Speed, and All Resist. Obviously some builds will require you to focus on others first (cooldown reduction for Crusader permanent Akarat's Champion) but you can't go wrong with the three mentioned above.

Korben

Banned
...But something seemed a little off from the graphics compared to the pc version. Not sure what it was though? Maybe the camera is closer to the character making the textures seem worse?

JZ7yXUM.gif

I'll see it by myself, when my fucking copy will be delivered by Chronopost, which seems to take time... But amazon told me i'll receive my copy today, they can't lie, right ? Right ?

mid83

I haven't played since launch month back in 2012 and completely ignored the game after. Is the adventure mode really as fun as it sounds? It seems like it really is a gamechanger in terms of keeping the "grind" way more fun than just repeating the story over and over.

Smidget

Also if you plan on playing solo, you should still add lots of GAF people. You get gifted legendaries left and right.

If everyone doesn't mind, I might start doing that :x More of a solo or co-op with my brother guy, maybe this will change me, but gifts are fun :)

wbarreda

Sorry if this has been asked beofore but can anyone tell me if there is a day one patch for this on the Xboxone and what size it is? Would like to know before I buy a copy.

LCGeek

formerly sane
what did you put your paragon points into? what would you recommend for a wizard?

i had 2 points only and i put them into attack speed - then i read somewhere your should do that as it has no effect. I couldnt decipher why i always thought increased attack speed made more DPS.

Core

Mainly I use vitality and movement speed. I maxed out MS at first so I could basically avoid having it on my items. This allows you to put more skills on your items or other more useful stats vs having to use them to get the max bonus of. This will not happen right away so I would say go vit or intelligence depending on your needs. Once you start earning the paragons switch it up.

Offense

Crit hit damage was my first to max. Cooldown reduction isn't bad either as I feel you can get more of a benefit from it than as or crit chance can give as you start out. Items are much better for those stats whereas CDR or crtical hit damage always can benefit you. CDR has diminishing returns which really kick in around 30%.

Defense

Maxed out my armor bonus first. Once you hit about 6 or 7k in armor then start deciding whether you need more life bonus or more all resistance. Your passives and skills can tweak these stats so calculate them in to your strat so you can keep stacking damage when possible instead of looking for defense. I find for non solo play depending on difficulty you can get away with a lack of all resistance but not life which the percentage bonus and vitality are immense for.

Utility

Life on hit and considering you guys have more bonus than live and equal to ptr abuse this. This next to the bottomless potion of the tower will allow you to survive a lot more than you think you can. I do not bother with resource cost reduction cause I'm good at managing mana in general and area damage is far more rewarding. Infact I don't use it all I have max life on hit, area damage and am putting my paragons in to gold find now.

Attack speed does add to dps but it's not increasing your damage amount only the frequency. ZenaxPure gave the best advice for all classes. You want your trifecta which is basically your main stat, critical chance and critcal hit damage. All I would add is that you want decent critical chance first with your main stat. Rather until you hit about 20-50% the frequency of crits won't be high enough to justify the a high critical hit damage bonus.

Last bit for some of the new players who will eventually be dealing with sockets. Until you have good critical hit damage and chance use a ruby. Once you have what I mentioned put an emerald in and let the mayhem commence.

OmegaDL50

Okay got to level 12 on my Crusader. Just got to the Crypts to start the quest
to get Leoric's Crown from the Blacksmith's Grandfather
and decided take a break.

I'll sleep for a few hours and then continue later on.

My side project is coming along well. I'll need to organize all the pictures I took in photo mode and rename them appropriate when I create the animated version.

For those that don't know. I'm taking screen caps of my character and stat sheet each level starting at level 1 for every single level up until level 70.

I plan to compile all of it and turn it into a 70 frame animated png or gif to show the gradual transformation of stats and gear from start to end, in a sort of time lapse photo.

DagsJT

Do people really want others gifting then Legendary items so soon in the game? Wouldn't it just completely overpower and unbalance the game?

ZenaxPure

For your first 200 paragon levels, the widely accepted approach to points is to focus on Movement Speed, Attack Speed, and All Resist. Obviously some builds will require you to focus on others first (cooldown reduction for Crusader permanent Akarat's Champion) but you can't go wrong with the three mentioned above.

Ehhh not entirely accurate. Well attack speed that is (the other 2 are spot on). A lot of builds in the game do not use attack speed at all, so you need to actually think about your build and if it will benefit you. Attack speed increases the speed of your attack animations (which may sound weird in the wording, but it does more than simply make you swing you weapon faster, a lot of animations are literally faster) so you want to think if that is actually useful for you. For example Leapquake barbs, Jade Docs, Raiment monks, and Explosive blast wizards (that only use explosive blast and nothing else) will get no benefit from attack speed as their primary means of doing damage has a cooldown.

It's a lot easier than it sounds though, just keep this in mind: if the majority of your damage comes from attacks with a cooldown, put points into CDR. If your damage mostly comes from attacks that you need to spam (without worrying about resource costs) attack speed is the way to go. The last thing to remember is that more attack speed means emptying your resource faster as well. If you gain back your resource at nearly the same speed regardless of attack speed then you're better off just putting points into crit or CHD.

Okay got to level 12 on my Crusader. Just got to the Crypts to start the quest
to get Leoric's Crown from the Blacksmith's Grandfather
and decided take a break.

I'll sleep for a few hours and then continue later on.

My side project is coming along well. I'll need to organize all the pictures I took in photo mode and rename them appropriate when I create the animated version.

For those that don't know. I'm taking screen caps of my character and stat sheet each level starting at level 1 for every single level up until level 70.

I plan to compile all of it and turn it into a 70 frame animated png or gif to show the gradual transformation of stats and gear from start to end, in a sort of time lapse photo.

That's a great idea! Looking forward to it.

As for me, I'm recording my entire HC playthrough as a Crusader (fresh character). Let's see how far I get!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Do people really want others gifting then Legendary items so soon in the game? Wouldn't it just completely overpower and unbalance the game?

I take hand me downs all the time. You shouldn't worry cause items have level requirements and the rolls are based on the level at the time the item was dropped.

Dupers and modders unbalance the game but I tend to avoid them and pay no attention.

Core

Mainly I use vitality and movement speed. I maxed out MS at first so I could basically avoid having it on my items. This allows you to put more skills on your items or other more useful stats vs having to use them to get the max bonus of. This will not happen right away so I would say go vit or intelligence depending on your needs. Once you start earning the paragons switch it up.

Offense

Crit hit damage was my first to max. Cooldown reduction isn't bad either as I feel you can get more of a benefit from it than as or crit chance can give as you start out. Items are much better for those stats whereas CDR or crtical hit damage always can benefit you. CDR has diminishing returns which really kick in around 30%.

Defense

Maxed out my armor bonus first. Once you hit about 6 or 7k in armor then start deciding whether you need more life bonus or more all resistance. Your passives and skills can tweak these stats so calculate them in to your strat so you can keep stacking damage when possible instead of looking for defense. I find for non solo play depending on difficulty you can get away with a lack of all resistance but not life which the percentage bonus and vitality are immense for.

Utility

Life on hit and considering you guys have more bonus than live and equal to ptr abuse this. This next to the bottomless potion of the tower will allow you to survive a lot more than you think you can. I do not bother with resource cost reduction cause I'm good at managing mana in general and area damage is far more rewarding. Infact I don't use it all I have max life on hit, area damage and am putting my paragons in to gold find now.

Attack speed does add to dps but it's not increasing your damage amount only the frequency. ZenaxPure gave the best advice for all classes. You want your trifecta which is basically your main stat, critical chance and critcal hit damage. All I would add is that you want decent critical chance first with your main stat. Rather until you hit about 20-50% the frequency of crits won't be high enough to justify the a high critical hit damage bonus.

Last bit for some of the new players who will eventually be dealing with sockets. Until you have good critical hit damage and chance use a ruby. Once you have what I mentioned put an emerald in and let the mayhem commence.

thanks man im going to save what you wrote so i can use it.

Also, the bolded is VERY helpful. At first, i was putting a damage ruby into my weapon socket. Then once i started doing much more damage i realised that critical hit damage was much more importance and the damage rubies didnt add much to my overall DPS.

DagsJT

I take hand me downs all the time. You shouldn't worry cause items have level requirements and the rolls are based on the level at the time the item was dropped.

Dupers and modders unbalance the game but I tend to avoid them and pay no attention.

Excellent, thanks!

OmegaDL50

Not really.

Most gear you find, especially Legendaries are mostly centric to your level. Any even if you got a nice Legendary as a gift, generally most good items have level caps. (i.e a level 10 character cannot use a level 16 item and would need to raise themselves to 16 before they can even equip it)

Any significant items to max out a character build beyond level 70 when you get into very high Paragon levels, can easily take hundreds of hours.

The gifting system isn't unbalanced all things considered.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Amazing game started 2am central time and just taking my first break for food. Will be on soon to finish bounty with wizard. Wanted to see if he was T1 capable he seems to be even as a melee wizard. Need cool down badly to get explosive blast to go off more often.

2 things I noticed first all my gear got rerolled and most of it for the worse lost 200k sheet DPS. I had 0 duped or hacked gear as anyone who has played with me can attest to. Second after I hit 70 I did not gain exp for like half hour for some reason. Bounties seem very fun so far will start my crusader after I finish this set with the wizard.

Derpcrawler

Got to level 28, HC Witch Doctor, just finished butcher. Need to take a break, last time I scored first platinum in the world (non hacked/CFW one), this time will probably just enjoy game with friends until ladders for PC will show up.

Pop

Had a blast this morning with my brother. Got a few legendaries and have already replaced one. Game was really meant to be played with a controller.

Work time now, Diablo later.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Just bought D3 for PS4. :)
Now i just need some friends to send presents to. I'll buy PS+ sooner or later too to play online.

Spy

So uh, I only intended to play for an hour and it ended up being 5 hours. It always ended up being just "one" more quest.

I'm going to bed.

baconcow

Can someone briefly fill me in on changes since week 3 of Diablo III on PC (May 2012)? I am used to the entire Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno (broken) for difficulties. No enemies scaled, back then. I understand how the difficulty levels work now, but I don't understand how the enemies scale (from level 1 through 70 and then beyond). Do the enemies just keep getting stronger with level (ending with paragon)? If so, wouldn't the game be one big arms race through to level 70, where you must keep appropriately equipped to handle any given difficulty.

In reference, I played a lot of Diablo II, and the end game was finding the incredibly rare high-end loot (mainly unique items and loot). Interesting loot in that game seemed more skill increase or attack increase driven. In this game, it seems to be mostly stat driven (like Torchlight II is, which I don't mind). What are the end game priorities, other then leveling through paragon levels? Is there a point where you will max stats in paragon (I know it says magic level caps at level 100% = level 100 paragon?). What is the purpose of going beyond level 100 paragon? To handle Torment VI easier? Or will Torment VI always stay difficult? Does loot get better with higher difficulties, or only gold and experience?

Thanks

I am Spanish but have my ps4 set to English.

I purchased off the Spanish PSN store from the console and it downloaded two diablo 3's, one in spanish one in english.

I think the physical copy of the ps4 is something like 40gbs because it includes the language packs, not sure about the physical copy on xbox one since it is only 20gb or so according to digitalfoundry.

If anyone has the pal copy and can tell me if it is multi 5 that would be great!

Wallach

Someone shared this tip with me:

If you still don't have your pre-order stuff on PS4, exit D3, then from the home screen go to Settings -> PSN -> Restore Licenses. This fixed my issue next time I launched the game.

Should have been in bed but I wanted to at least kill the Skeleton King. Found 3 legendaries so far; some Lut Socks, a Genzaniku and Leoric's Crown. Trucking right along on Expert; was taking a fair amount of damage for a bit there around the Town Portal quest but by the time I got to Skeleton King I was firmly planting feet in asses.

ttocs

This is going to be a long day at work. My Xbox One copy is coming in the mail "by 8pm." I really hope UPS stays true to past instances and delivers by the time I get home.

OmegaDL50

Quick Q, and sorry if this has been answered before

Can PS3 and PS4 players connect online? coz if not I'll unfortunately buy the PS3 version :(

No. Both versions of the game have two different monster densities. The PS4 version closer to the PC with lots of crap going on screen at once with larger enemy groups.

They had to make some concessions with the PS3 port.

This is the biggest reason why no cross-gen online play exists.

Top Bottom