• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

If you would have actually read my post you'd know I was talking about the actual game, not the dressing it was tied up in (because that is a deep rabbit hole full of even more personal preference related things, not facts). There is nothing in the current version of the console game that makes it objectively better than the PC version, they are pretty much equal now unlike the original versions of the games (same difficulties, same damage values on abilities, same stat ranges for armor and weapons, etc.). It just comes down to the preferences you have about the 2 versions.

There is literally millions of people that don't care about the whole online only thing, as evidenced by the millions of people that bought the PC expansion and play it every day. You're trying to twist facts until they meet your weird image of how everyone wants to play offline and there would be a mass revolt to quit the PC version if you could transfer your characters from it. Honestly I find it hard to take that seriously man. You said most people would quit the game if they could transfer their characters. Do you honestly think that MILLIONS of people would just drop the PC version and go and get the console version? That is nuts man. I doubt a lot of the people even playing on PC have next gen consoles yet even and there is no incentive to buy the 360/ps3 versions when they aren't getting updated.

Like damn, I love the console version of D3 a lot, but let's try to keep things in reality here.

Read my last paragraph again, then ask yourself why you're in this thread, you're exactly my point.

Protip: II'm referring to next gen console owning PC gamers who still play diablo 3 regularly, you just bought the game again after being one of the original 3 million. My logic is sound. But bash it if it amuses you..to be wrong!! J/k
I'll stop so as to not derail this thread.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Diablo 3 is downloading on my Xbox One at home as I speak. This is going to be a loooong work day. Does anyone know how big the day one patch is?

If you bought it digital, I believe the Patch should come with it. And no need to download separately.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Unacceptable, not everyone wants to be or can be connected all the time for the sake of you not getting legendary envy when you see a random with crazy gear..heck, it's the online only nature of the PC version that is a big part of why people are double dipping into the console versions at such a massive rate, if blizzard allowed PC to console saves, barely anyone would play so let on PC so they were wise to stop the buck there.

eh i wish this game WAS online only for consoles. i'd rather have no cheaters at all in my game.

LCGeek

formerly sane
You're the same person who said with absolute certainty that the console versions possibly being better than the pc was false and came down to preference to controller. when you didn't mention being able to play the game you bought offline if you so choose, your bias was obvious. With blizzard refusing to ad controller support and an offline option for single player only accounts, progress paragon 400 and higher players not wanting to start from scratch is the only thing keeping console owning PC owners who still play, pc bound.

Ok lets address some of these things.

1. PC version still allows players to modify the graphics with sweetfx and ambient occulsion to give the game a nicer look. Lets not forget console players are still locked to 1080p max and the older consoles with a lesser resolution.

2. Cannot be stated enough, mob density and behavior had to be adjusted so that pad players wouldn't be overwhelmed. Just like fps games this is something that will keep it from being superior considering the difficulty is literally adjusted for a lesser input and not it's not the amount of buttons that are a problem. I can tell some in here don't use nemesis bracers, warzechian armguards. homing pads and other items that are hot swapped during certain instances. Good luck doing this with friends or quickly on a pad in the same fashion pc player do. Console and pc have pros and cons in variety of areas so yes it's largely preference and what experience you would like. You talk about bias but I think you're showing your own.

3. Offline play has resulted duping and item hacking, just like the previous pc versions. Blizzard made the pc version the way it was to protect integrity they will not even risk pissing off their fanbase by mixing the the console platforms with pc, just look at how the game nearly died to auction house abuse issues. It's unreasonable to want or expect this considering how it would vastly effect the meta of millions of players. Nice assumption too love how some people just assume what millions of others would do despite the obvious reality of choice before them.

For the record I've quadruple dipped on this game and would gladly keep doing it based on the value it keeps giving.

cjp

Finally been delivered. Just redeemed the code, linked Battle account and installed the update.

I wish they'd decided to include a background image and some title music on the PS4 selection screen though.

ZenaxPure

Read my last paragraph again, then ask yourself why you're in this thread, you're exactly my point.

Protip: II'm referring to next gen console owning PC gamers who still play diablo 3 regularly, you just bought the game again after being one of the original 3 million. My logic is sound. But bash it if it amuses you..to be wrong!! J/k
I'll stop so as to not derail this thread.

Your logic isn't sound because you seem to be convinced people double dipped because they wanted to play offline. People double dipped for a variety of reasons and offline play was only one of them. Some people double dipped because they didn't want to deal with the AH, some people because they wanted to play with a controller, others because they simply loved the game and wanted another version to re-experience the magic with.

I would bet there are some people in this thread that got the PS4 version exclusively for remote play which is a unique feature only the PS4 version can offer.

There is a shit load of reasons to buy this game man, I dunno why you are hung up on the very specific one.

KainXVIII

" They're not game-breaking, and many players may not even notice"

"But for a game of Diablo 3's action-focused design - and having played both iterations - we would probably take the locked 60fps at 900p over the less consistent 1080p, given the choice."

I mean, obviously.

Lol, why developers can't give player a choice between resolutions (like in ff14)?

Hmm. I linked my battle.net account yesterday and now the game is asking me to do it again. Looks like the servers are down though, so no ring for me :(

Haines

Banned
How does the coop work?

I'm trying to set it up now and it wants the second player to have there own psn?

So than she wouldn't be able to take that character online cuz that I'd won't have ps plus right?

Salvadora

2. Cannot be stated enough, mob density and behavior had to be adjusted so that pad players wouldn't be overwhelmed. Just like fps games this is something that will keep it from being superior considering the difficulty is literally adjusted for a lesser input and not it's not the amount of buttons that are a problem. I can tell some in here don't use nemesis bracers, warzechian armguards. homing pads and other items that are hot swapped during certain instances. Good luck doing this with friends or quickly on a pad in the same fashion pc player do. Console and pc have pros and cons in variety of areas so yes it's largely preference and what experience you would like. You talk about bias but I think you're showing your own.
Does the PC have greater mob density compared to the XBO/PS4 versions?

Ok lets address some of these things.

1. PC version still allows players to modify the graphics with sweetfx and ambient occulsion to give the game a nicer look. Lets not forget console players are still locked to 1080p max and the older consoles with a lesser resolution.

3. Offline play has resulted duping and item hacking, just like the previous pc versions. Blizzard made the pc version the way it was to protect integrity they will not even risk pissing off their fanbase by mixing the the console platforms with pc, just look at how the game nearly died to auction house abuse issues. It's unreasonable to want or expect this considering how it would vastly effect a meta of millions of players. Nice assumption too love how some people just assume what millions of others would do despite the obvious reality of choice before them.
I made it a point to include the words "single player" only PC players for a reason, they don't care about your backed weapons or duping. Kinda like how career masturbators aren't tripping about getting crabs or herpes.the rest is trivial.. I thought mob density was a memory limitation thing for consoles.. but keep on thinking blizzard did it for the slow witted Controller users, it's a harmless fallacy.

Your logic isn't sound because you seem to be convinced people double dipped because they wanted to play offline. People double dipped for a variety of reasons and offline play was only one of them. Some people double dipped because they didn't want to deal with the AH, some people because they wanted to play with a controller, others because they simply loved the game and wanted another version to re-experience the magic with.

I would bet there are some people in this thread that got the PS4 version exclusively for remote play which is a unique feature only the PS4 version can offer.

There is a shit load of reasons to buy this game man, I dunno why you are hung up on the very specific one.
Dude, stop, I mentioned all of those reasons as to WHY,I'm saying you neglecting to mention one important reason to some players was disingenuous at best. PM me if you'd like to debate further!

molnizzle

eh i wish this game WAS online only for consoles. i'd rather have no cheaters at all in my game.

Or at least make it like D2 with separate character for online and local play. I know that it's not ideal for people who want to play both online and offline, but I think it's the best compromise to make things fair for everybody.

It's not a matter of "legendary envy." The entire point of Diablo is loot, and the loot is cheapened by the hacks and dupes even existing in the first place. It feels pointless to spend time farming for loot when in the back of your mind you know that other players have already attained infinitely superior gear by simply modifying their save. It's lame.

Luckily the gameplay of Diablo is great enough to warrant a few dozen hours of fun. I'll be dropping the game like an ugly baby as soon as
online-only
Destiny launches though. 😋

LCGeek

formerly sane
I made it a point to include the words "single player" only PC players for a reason, they don't care about your backed weapons or duping. Kinda like how career masturbators aren't tripping about getting crabs or herpes.the rest is trivial.. I thought mob density was a memory limitation thing for consoles.. but keep on thinking blizzard did it for the slow witted Controller users, it's a harmless fallacy.

They do care about hacked weapons otherwise they wouldn't have made an update to curb it severely from letting bs rolls happen on items to basically max rolls. You can argue degree all day but to say they don't care at all is bs line that the patch notes show otherwise.

Mob density is partly performance reasons, it still chokes pcs and considering the consoles have weak cpus which is what the game needs they had to curb it. Considering the game isn't a memory hog don't know why you're bringing it up when the only platforms it affects are 360/PS3 vs 3 others ones that are doing fine with what they have.

Also I never said controller users are slow witted way to miss the point. Analog compared to a accurate mouse pointer limits your mechanical speed it has nothing to do with your phsyical reflexes. As I mentioned a good example of them balancing things is them making the demon hunter have snap like aiming like in action titles where as pc users have to manually aim all their shots. The same could be said for how marauders sentries are placed on console vs pc. You just did a strawman so I wouldn't be talking about fallacies.

Resolution isn't trival how about you look at the 1080p vs 900p topic that came up for this game at the forum and dredge that issue up with some users here.

From the various streams I've seen it's slightly to moderately less. I can't verify myself cause in order to do that I would want to see T4 mobs and beyond with a full group of 4 people, where this issue would really present itself. Blizzard has discussed this or other balancing issues in vids which people can view for themselves. Greater is a bit much but there is a noticeable difference this still doesn't address the two other balancing acts blizzard did which is change skill behavior and how characters aim or snap to things or place skills. You do not get this on the pc, this with direct input change the feels of certain classes drastically.

LkPr

Anyone know if the pre-order codes are in the game case? If I didn't pre-order but I buy from Futureshop today could I still get a copy with the codes?

They do care about hacked weapons otherwise they wouldn't have made an update to curb it severely from what letting bs rolls happen on items. You can argue degree all day but to say they don't care at all is bs lie that the patch notes show otherwise.

Mob density is partly performance reasons, it still chokes pcs and considering the consoles have weak cpus which is what the game needs so they had to curb it. Considering the game isn't a memory hog don't know why you're bringing it up when the only platforms it affects are 360/PS3 vs 3 others ones that are doing fine with what they have.

Also I never said controller users are slow witted way to miss the point. Analog compared to a accurate mouse pointer limits your mechanical speed it has nothing to do with your phsyical reflexes. As I mentioned a good example of them balancing things is them making the demon hunter have snap like aiming like in action titles where as pc users have to manually aim all their shots. The same could be said for how marauders sentries are placed on console vs pc. You just did a strawman so I wouldn't be talking about fallacies.

Resolution isn't trival how about you look at the 1080p vs 900p topic that came up for this game at the forum and dredge that issue up with some users here.
Single players mang, single players don't care. And I'm not sure you know what you're talking about with that mouse speed thing.. this isn't an fps.
Both consoles are 1080p..

ZenaxPure

Single players mang, single players don't care. And I'm not sure you know what you're talking about with that mouse speed thing.. this isn't an fps.

What he's referring to is the fact that you can actually control where your spells land in the PC version. It's a hell of a lot easier to CC a group of mobs with something like blackhole when you can aim the spell in the center of a group instead of being forced to target the closest enemy to you like it is in the console version. It has nothing to do with console players being dumber or anything, just the limitations of porting the core game.

But this isn't a bad thing really, Blizz was smart enough to design the console version with this in mind and it ended up an awesome game because of that. It's a good thing they made changes like that or otherwise the game would have felt like a lazy port with no effort put into it. I applaud Blizz for actually taking the time to make the game work.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Single players mang, single players don't care. And you have no idea what you're talking about with that mouse speed point, this isn't an fps.

Again mentioning a point that blizzard has clearly responded to, just ignoring.

Good job owning yourself. DPI and sensitivity compared to analog issue always exist no matter the genre. Analog doesn't allow you to aim your skills the same pc players can this is important vs mobs especially when you need to aim in the middle or in the back at specific target. Analog and the interface of the console game itself doesn't make item swapping on the fly or in less than a second all that easy or even practical let alone possible. Yet I keep hearing superior and the like from certain people that are totally clueless about such difference or even aware of them.

good day mang.

So what I can play at much higher resolutions on pc and a much higher fps, again where is the superiority? I also did mention we can add ambient occulsion to varying degrees to make the lighting better and on top we can apply superior forms of aa on top of supersampling.with very little hit to the game especially if we are using 60fps as a baseline.

Majine

Banned
Diablo 3 is downloading on my Xbox One at home as I speak. This is going to be a loooong work day. Does anyone know how big the day one patch is?

Fuck, there's a patch too? My download is taking ages. And it's still smaller than the PS4 file.

molnizzle

Right, so:

Or at least make it like D2 with separate character for online and local play. I know that it's not ideal for people who want to play both online and offline, but I think it's the best compromise to make things fair for everybody.

"Single players" unaffected then.

Also:

d3psn1bcoi.jpg

Seems about right.

Brannon

Does anybody else get a bug where the level up text, skill text or npc text doesn't show up even with all the subtitle options clicked?

Garryk

Should the Infernal Pauldrons be in my inventory or my stash? I had the ring in my stash from linking by b.net account, but I can't find the shoulders even though I have the add-on d/led.

molnizzle

Should the Infernal Pauldrons be in my inventory or my stash? I had the ring in my stash from linking by b.net account, but I can't find the shoulders even though I have the add-on d/led.

They were in my inventory.

Crap stats though. ��

Admodieus

I was able to play for a bit before work today, killed the Skeleton King and got to Level 10. I decided to go Demon Hunter, I played Monk and Crusader to death on PC and even got the full Crusader class set. So far I am enjoying Demon Hunter a lot more than I did on PC when I tried it, having the evade is a great and even using Vault feels better with a controller.

I've been accepting friend requests like crazy (US PSN: Admodieus) and can't wait til everybody gets to the level cap and we're all mailing around items. Already looking forward to the weekend to put some major time in.

Kiyo

I've got quite a bit of time into the PC version and now I've put about 6 hours into the PS4 version. As of level 32, I haven't noticed a difference in mob density at all between the 2.

I'm having as much fun as I had when RoS came out on PC a few months ago. Really fun game and I'm glad I'm able to re-experience it again. I've already found a legendary for another lucky gaffer that happened to be on my friend's list as well. Haven't received any yet though.

I've been playing on expert and cruising up until about level 30-31. Died once before 30, and about 6 times since. But definitely not undoable. I haven't been min-maxing at all or changing up my gear/skills too much. So I'll probably do that once I get back to playing and it should make it a bit easier.

If I had to make one complaint, it'd be that, as a sorcerer, I want to position a lot of my beam abilities (ice beam/disintegrate/archon) in between multiple mobs, but with this auto-targeting thing, even when I'm not holding L2 it seems to focus on 1 specific mob. Unfortunate but I guess it's not really possible to emulate the mouse precision with a control stick.

Granak

Neo Member
So, I know couch co-op is a thing and I love that it is but if I wanted to get my friend in on this action since I'm on PS4 he would need one as well yeah? Can't play cross-platform in that respect? PS3 with PS4 player ?

Top Bottom