• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

"If it is the Skeleton King you seek, you will have to fight your way past JON DAR"

He has the other best line in the game

"Betrayal can never be forgiven..."

I can't wait to play the other modes... other than key farming for the ring, I've just been cycling through the 4 acts.

"By all that is holy! Do you see that enemy over there?!"

I freakin' love Kormac. Also, he had a conversation with my Demon Hunter about the Enchantress:

Kormac: Hey, that Enchantress... she's interesting.
DH: I don't think you're her type.
Kormac: I didn't mean it like that!

mstevens

Wait... Physical preorder doesn't get all of the bonuses? I only got the pauldrons.

Anyone know about this? Also, I linked my battle.net a couple days ago.. the ring didn't show up, and when I try to link again it says I already did... Anyone know what to do?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm going medium until I get my first OP weapon then open the flood gates to slaughtering higher difficulties. There is no real point in playing harder until then because the enemies are just unnecessary damage sponges.

The best part about the genre is flattening shit and feeling like a god, nothing feels good about hitting a Zombie 18 times at level 5.

No, what feels great is flattening shit that was giving you trouble 10 seconds before. Love the feeling of progression.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
all my gear got rerolled and most of it for the worse lost 200k sheet DPS. I had 0 duped or hacked gear as anyone who has played with me can attest to.
Did this post get completely ignored?

Did anyone else have importation issues like this?

I didn't spend all the time playing vanilla to not have the items transfer as intended.

Saganator

Ok I feel really dumb right now but I can't figure out how to change the Act I'm playing. I beat it on inferno on PS3. I imported my character and it wants me to play Act I... can't figure out how to change it to Act V. PS4 version.

Wait... Physical preorder doesn't get all of the bonuses? I only got the pauldrons.

The only thing I saw stores advertise with the physical version was the Pauldrons. I went digital because I wanted to be safe and make sure I got everything.

Ok I feel really dumb right now but I can't figure out how to change the Act I'm playing. I beat it on inferno on PS3. I imported my character and it wants me to play Act I... can't figure out how to change it to Act V. PS4 version.

Edit: I was wrong

njd_online

Banned
Been stuck in work all day but finally I can get out of here!!!!

PSN: njd82 UK based, early 30s, casual player, add me peeps! I'm going to home to ignore my wife and kill hordes of demons instead!

Anyone know about this? Also, I linked my battle.net a couple days ago.. the ring didn't show up, and when I try to link again it says I already did... Anyone know what to do?

Did you check your stash? That's where mine was. It doesn't automatically go to your inventory.

"By all that is holy! Do you see that enemy over there?!"

I freakin' love Kormac. Also, he had a conversation with my Demon Hunter about the Enchantress:

Kormac: Hey, that Enchantress... she's interesting.
DH: I don't think you're her type.
Kormac: I didn't mean it like that!

For sure. I must have heard every line a thousand times, and he is still just as great. The story sucks and it almost makes me want to turn off the voices, but Kormac is baller.

Blu10

On the screen where you select continue, it is the choice below that (can't remember what it's called...at work). You the pick your act, the quest and difficulty and then you're. Good to go. You can start out right at act V

There we go! Thank you.

Still a bummer about the physical preorder bonuses. I could have sworn one of the blizzard guys said it'd be the same for both.

I saw the same thing but then I saw the PS Blog article where the Blizzard guy specifically said buying the digital (PSN) version got them so that's what I went with.

What difficulty should I start at with my imported lvl 60 barb with lvl 60 equipment? I tried hard just now for 10 minutes and it seems easy. Or does it get much harder?shall I crank it up to the next difficulty?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ok I am really thinking the difficulty spread is pretty imbalanced for the solo game here.

After whizzing through Expert for a chunk of Act 1 with a fresh Wizard, I curiously slid up to Master(a difficulty LOCKED until finishing the campaign once, or importing an old character that has finished the PS3 version will open it up early as I did), and since the majority of new players won't have access to this difficulty I was pretty bummed at how negligible the scale difference in challenge has been.

Enemies have an insane amount of health on Master, which protracts each fight longer than most probably care to deal with, but sadly they lack the offensive bite to balance this change. I am geared up in orange legendaries thanks to the mailbox system(curious why I am gifted legendaries by PSN friends? I have YET to die or see the Nemesis system even on this difficulty!) It feels like me and the enemy mobs are just hitting each other with whiffle bats on Master. I do weak damage geared up, and they barely scratch me either. Eventually I will win the attrition war and I have.

Basically, game is way too easy, possibly too easy for solo players(at least through the bulk of Act 1 solo with a new char). Co-op however has proven different as the stat bump from playing online has shown the monsters get pretty dangerous, but this is really just stressing the solo mode. PS3 version was no joke above Hard playing solo, PS4 version is kind of a joke so far.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What difficulty should I start at with my imported lvl 60 barb with lvl 60 equipment? I tried hard just now for 10 minutes and it seems easy. Or does it get much harder?shall I crank it up to the next difficulty?

Why not start at a higher difficulty and then change it if it is too hard? I dunno why people keep asking about what difficulty to start at when you can change at whenever you want.

JCizzle

Ok I am really thinking the difficulty spread is pretty imbalanced for the solo game here.

After whizzing through Expert for a chunk of Act 1 with a fresh Wizard, I curiously slid up to Master(a difficulty LOCKED until finishing the campaign once, or importing an old character that has finished the PS3 version will open it up early as I did), and since the majority of new players won't have access to this difficulty I was pretty bummed at how negligible the scale difference in challenge has been.

Enemies have an insane amount of health on Master, which protracts each fight longer than most probably care to deal with, but sadly they lack the offensive bite to balance this change. I am geared up in orange legendaries thanks to the mailbox system(curious why I am gifted legendaries by PSN friends? I have YET to die or see the Nemesis system even on this difficulty!) It feels like me and the enemy mobs are just hitting each other with whiffle bats on Master. I do weak damage geared up, and they barely scratch me either. Eventually I will win the attrition war and I have.

Basically, game is way too easy, possibly too easy for solo players(at least through the bulk of Act 1 solo with a new char). Co-op however has proven different as the stat bump from playing online has shown the monsters get pretty dangerous, but this is really just stressing the solo mode. PS3 version was no joke above Hard playing solo, PS4 version is kind of a joke so far.

It changes a lot at 70 under the new system. Besides, the point of Diablo for many people is how efficiently you can kill enemies, not how hard they are. What you're describing is clearly inefficient at your current gear level. That's more in line with how ROS is balanced IMO. Just because you can survive T6 doesn't mean it's worth playing if it takes 10x as long to kill an enemy on T5.

Of course it's easy until you hit an elite mob with health + waller + jailer or something.

edit: it escaped me that you mentioned you gear for vitality. come on man

It changes a lot at 70 under the new system. Besides, the point of Diablo for many people is how efficiently you can kill enemies, not how hard they are. What you're describing is clearly inefficient at your current gear level. That's more in line with how ROS is balanced IMO. Just because you can survive T6 doesn't mean it's worth playing if it takes 10x as long to kill an enemy on T5.

This. The game doesn't really start until you hit level 70.

quest

Not Banned from OT

I didn't spend all the time playing vanilla to not have the items transfer as intended.

I think I figured why because most of it was out of PC spec. I think they want to unifiy the gear database to make it easier and quicker to patch. The reason it kinda sucks is my off hand went to shitty 4 APOC. I did not have any issues with expert level dog$. Even did a few T1 bounties once I found a decent rare weapon lol. Started on my crusader just hit 39 and equipped that sweet level 21 reduced bone saber. I am sitting at 29k DPS at level 39 going to try master for a few bounty runs in a bit after break. Been at it since 2 am 30 hours no sleep.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Yea, I expect that endgame to be more efficiently balanced, I was speaking for the reams of people talking about the leveling progression difficulty and constantly asking about a balanced challenge for a fresh start.

Also, the 225% xp bonus is incredible on master. With my fresh wizard built at midnight last night, I am already level 18(!) after meeting Maghda the first time in the Khazra fields somewhat early into Act 1. I am gaining levels blazing fast. Just to compare my entire normal run on the PS3 last year with a DH had me finishing the entire campaign at level 31. I'll probably hit that level soon. I went up two levels alone just clearing one of the optional crypts in the killing fields taking on a meager few packed mobs. Kind of insane.

Imported my level 32 Witch Doctor from PS3 to PS4 and started Act V on Normal. Way too easy after about an hour of play. Nothing could even dent my health. No legendary drops either. When I jump back in I am definitely going to bump up the difficulty in hopes of getting some legendaries.

Thank you Blizzard for having almost all of the same gameplay/audio options as the PC version. Health bars and damage/healing numbers are crucial for me, as well as turning down the voice slider to 0. Turning down the master volume made it sound better too.

mfiuza

What is this new icon next to the shield in the inventory? It used to be a heart, showing your life total. But now is something like a plus or something like that.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
most of it was out of PC spec.
Well of course it was, and that's because the current PC spec sucks - at least for things like limited APOC and such.
I think they want to unifiy the gear database to make it easier and quicker to patch.
That's fine and dandy for them, but I shouldn't have my gear fucked over because of this potential decision.

The only reason I played vanilla is knowing that it would export to PS4 ROS. If this kind of issue was going to happen, I wouldn't have bothered playing vanilla and, if at all, just wait to start fresh with ROS.

It's bad enough to find out that the stuff I have stashed isn't available for transmog, but I could at least live with that much. Having my stuff rerolled because it was "too good"? Get the fuck out of here.

Kyoufu

Your loot is going to be replaced in RoS immediately anyway. I don't understand the fuss.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Your loot is going to be replaced in RoS immediately anyway. I don't understand the fuss.
Some of it might not.

I have a quad int ring from vanilla. Rings don't roll quads now, I know that. But how about letting me have the chance to find a replacement rather than screw it over by default?

What about my vanilla Puzzle Rings? Are they nerfed? What about the MF gear that I use on my multibox dummy characters? Is that all gone?

More importantly - why is any of this even a question that needs to be raised? Why not let me choose which gear to keep and which to discard? Why offer the ability to import data if it won't all be imported?

-PXG-

Picked up my copy during lunch. It's dead at work right now. I wish I could go home :/

I wanna YOLO this bitch and leave so bad

Well of course it was, and that's because the current PC spec sucks - at least for things like limited APOC and such.

That's fine and dandy for them, but I shouldn't have my gear fucked over because of this potential decision.

The only reason I played vanilla is knowing that it would export to PS4 ROS. If this kind of issue was going to happen, I wouldn't have bothered playing vanilla and, if at all, just wait to start fresh with ROS.

It's bad enough to find out that the stuff I have stashed isn't available for transmog, but I could at least live with that much. Having my stuff rerolled because it was "too good"? Get the fuck out of here.

I see what your issue is, but it's kind of a moot point, that gear will become obsolete once you start playing RoS. Seriously.

Some of it might not.

I have a quad int ring from vanilla. Rings don't roll quads now, I know that. But how about letting me have the chance to find a replacement rather than screw it over by default?

What about my vanilla Puzzle Rings? Are they nerfed? What about the MF gear that I use on my multibox dummy characters? Is that all gone?

More importantly - why is any of this even a question that needs to be raised? Why not let me choose which gear to keep and which to discard? Why offer the ability to import data if it won't all be imported?

Because they inherently changed how some gear and their affixes work. This is why your gear changed. Not because they were "too good" of items.

Magic find has been removed as a stat on items. It is useless because you get it from other places. They also changed a lot of the legendarys and their affixes, Puzzle ring being one of them.

PS3 to PS4 transition video, not the best comparison out but this is my first time doing something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk9XFT-KLss

Demon hunter, barbarian or crusader, damn choices!

Never played diablo. Hmmmm. I wanna smash things but like ranged/traps too.

Demon Hunter is the class for you, then. I've got a class going on right now and it's a blast to play offensively and defensively. Smoke Screen + Vault + Traps + Turrets that fire rockets are awesome.

Crusader class is pretty fun on console. Rolled as a Demon Hunter on PC so this is a nice change. Also the loading times are so fast. Almost instant loading.

Top Bottom