• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

xray49er

Sorry to beg But anybody in the Westchester County NY area Have a copy of the original on the 360. I want to transfer my character but I don't have the disc anymore.

My policy is to salvage. every. thing.

Crafting items is a great way to get a quick upgrade. I find that gold pickups and gold rewards from quests are more than sufficient way of making money instead of selling items.

Demon Hunter is the class for you, then. I've got a class going on right now and it's a blast to play offensively and defensively. Smoke Screen + Vault + Traps + Turrets that fire rockets are awesome.

I think you might have just sold me on the DH but I was leaning Crusader. I really like to hack and slash but really want a pet.

Just picked Barbarian, this is my first time playing Diablo, ever! I'm a complete noob, definitely have got a lot to learn about the mechanics, but my first impressions are great. Graphics and atmosphere are awesome, can already feel the addictive gameplay after only 20 minutes of exploring.

I still can't see my pre-order gear. I'm playing a US digital copy on my UK account.

Playing as a Demon Hunter on hard. Never played before, loving it so far. I might roll a Witch Doctor whenever I get the chance to play local co-op.
Will never happen but would love a Vita version!
That would be cool but... yeah. I remote played it and although it works fine, it looks super blurry. Way blurrier than any other game I've tried.

cjp

For those wanting to know about physical pre order bonuses.

I pre ordered off Amazon UK and as bonuses I've got the pauldrons, arma haereticorum, arma mortis, guise of the colossi (is that pre order bonus? Not sure), 15 character slots and liber canis mortui which I think is the pet.

I think that's everything, right? Digital and physical must be the same.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, I love this game already. It has way more atmosphere than I expected, and exploring is really fun. I just bumped up the difficulty from Normal to Hard, and damn, it's a big jump up. Enemies have way more health now.

Questions:

1. Do enemies scale in difficulty according to my level?
2. I found a bow while playing with my Monk, and I can't equip it. Is that because Monks can't use bows?

Holy shit, I love this game already. It has way more atmosphere than I expected, and exploring is really fun. I just bumped up the difficulty from Normal to Hard, and damn, it's a big jump up. Enemies have way more health now.

Questions:

1. Do enemies scale in difficulty according to my level?
2. I found a bow while playing with my Monk, and I can't equip it. Is that because Monks can't use bows?

1. Yes.
2. Yeah, certain classes will not be able to equip other weapon types.

New002

Playing Hardcore Act 1 on Xbox and no one has joined :(

Granted, people are proooobably still at work, but still! Hopefully it picks up in the evening. How was the hardcore community on D3 console? Hopefully not too dead.

I played Barbarian on PC, but I am wondering if I should try Crusader on console.

I really need some comparison impressions on what are the key differences.

I'm also wondering what are the strengths and weaknesses of each.

BFIB

Just bought.

I have it on PC. I have RoS on PC. I bought it on PS3 (traded it in on Target's insane deal a few months back).

I now have it on PS4. Downloading now. What have I done!? But I just really like playing this game with a controller.

Hugstable

Banned
How does this game control on Consoles? Huge fan and long time Diablo 2 player from along time ago but held off on Diablo 3 after the whole release drama with Always Online and Real Money Auction House, but slightly interested in what I've seen recently for this game hearing how much Reaper of Souls expansion has changed everything.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Has the Paladin been buffed? I remember the skill "use two hand weapons in one hand" had some negative side effect, I ps4 no further information is given?!

@Hugstable: IMO it's better on consoles then on PC. It's like DIII's skills where made for it. Plus rolling is nice.

BFIB

How does this game control on Consoles? Huge fan and long time Diablo 2 player from along time ago but held off on Diablo 3 after the whole release drama with Always Online and Real Money Auction House, but slightly interested in what I've seen recently for this game hearing how much Reaper of Souls expansion has changed everything.

Game controls fantastic on the console. I actually prefer it over the PC gameplay.

First time playing through the game here. I want to play around with the different classes, but is it smarter to just blaze through the main campaign with one character in order to unlock adventure mode? Does adventure mode cater to a lvl 1 hero, or is that all considered endgame content?

Basically I'm asking if I'm going to have to play through the campaign six times in order to level up all the classes.

Gator86

Played for probably about 5 hours so far. The game somehow feels leagues better than the PS3 version. Everything looks great, runs smoothly, and no screen tearing. The Crusader is a great class and the changes to the old ones make them feel like entirely new characters. Fantastic job, Blizzard.

Ramirez

Has the Paladin been buffed? I remember the skill "use two hand weapons in one hand" had some negative side effect, I ps4 no further information is given?!

@Hugstable: IMO it's better on consoles then on PC. It's like DIII's skills where made for it. Plus rolling is nice.

It made you run slower, but that's been removed for a while, they also matched their damage mitigation to Barbs & Monks.

confuziz

Banned
Wat. When playing couch co op online the 2nd person one the same console needs a playstation plus as well?

Blizzard/Sony pls. What a fuck up

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Feels funny arcane orbing on console. (I like it!)

Regards,

//PC D3 player of 1000 hours..

By the way, this should be in the OP: ENABLE ELECTIVE MODE IN THE OPTIONS.

:)

mfiuza

They replaced the heart icon on the inventory, what does it stands for now? Playing as DH and the new icon is a plus or something. Cant find a explanation on that and ita bugging me.

Wat. When playing couch co op online the 2nd person one the same console needs a playstation plus as well?

Blizzard/Sony pls. What a fuck up

I thought everyone who has a profile on PS4 gets PS+ access shared across? That's how it works on mine - my brother doesn't have PS+ but can play online in games like Battlefield and CoD on my PS4.

Gowans

I'm loving it on Console controls, they've done a great job.

I'm used to playing a tank but it's really fun being a witch doctor.

Hope to get some GAF 4 player in. XBO: Gowans007

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Played for a few hours straight, got to level 13 as Crusader. Blizzard did such an amazing job with the heroes in this game, they're all so fucking awesome.

So after putting 200+ hours into Vanilla on PC, picking this game up again on PS4 is still surprisingly fun. Console controls work amazingly well. Such a great game.

I do have a question though -- does anyone know for sure if here is a limited amount of loot floating around in the game? Back in early Vanilla, there was only a certain amount of "sets" and Legendaries in existence at once. And I'm pretty sure the reason this was done was to encourage use of the auction house. It's not still the case, is it?

Top Bottom