• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Korben

Banned
A quick question for those of you in the EU who purchased the game via the US PSN store. I currently have an EU PS+ subscription, if I buy the game from the US PSN store (or amazon.com) would that PS+ subscription allow me to play online or would I need to get PS+ for my US PSN account?

You can play online with your EU account with the game bought on your US account.

[All my bugged weapons rings and armors ported over too, uh oh]

Oh man...

How do you check the amount of time you've played?

Battlenet account i think.

Voidance

When I get home tonight, I am going to plow through Act V then play some Adventure Mode. Hopefully I can get in a few games with some fellow D3 Gaffers.

I messed around for 10 minutes this morning, and my Wizard is tearing through T1. What difficulty is this equal to under the old system? Seems easier than Master I.

eliochip

Is it just me or does the PS4 version still have minor screen tearing? Maybe hours of playing the PS3 version has given me permanent RL screen tearing

suikodan

I have questions for PS4 users:
1- Anyone tried Remote Play? How is it?
2- Anyone tried playing 2P with a Vita and another player?
3- I know the coop players will always follow on the same screen but if a 3rd player joins over the internet, will he be enclosed with us or he can go wherever he wants?

Abylim

Wow, just spent a decent amount of time on this with my friend, level 22 Crusader.

Received 3 gifts from friends, sent a few myself, and encountered a badass nemesis!

How can this still be so fun the third time around?!

Crusaders are very powerful too, and by the looks of the next patch, that aint changing

Haines

Banned
Is there anything more to this junk thing other than labelling it? Is it just a label or does it go deeper as a feature?

Also is the last of us dungeon a random encounter ?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I just started from scratch with a brand new character, thought I would put it on expert straight away just to see if it would be too hard but the difficulty seems quite normal. Has this been everyone's experience?

Drame

Got to 70 beat act 5 and started doing adventure mode! I've been finally been able to change my gear as my road from 60 to 70 was done pretty much using the same gear.

The Nemesis system is really cool. The effect which tells you that an nemesis is coming is freaky! At first I had no idea what was coming up to me. Also, seems that you can get a gift for the player which the nemesis had killed before hand.

All in all this version is really great, some wonky framerate here and there but nothing game breaking.

The massacre system is... Well great too. I was doing my first rift and got a ridiculous massacre chain going 328 kills in row which was DIABOLICAL and the share-button didn't fail me this time, which is great.

Oh man, I don't think I have the time for destiny. The evil consumes my game time....

Petrie

Banned
Oh man, I don't think I have the time for destiny. The evil consumes my game time....

This is going to be a problem for me with my limited gaming time. And I've already played Diablo a ton on PC, so I can't seem to decide if I pick this up or not.

I'll just sit here at work agonizing all day.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Bought the digital version, fuck it. Will see how it is. Damn hopefully I like it man,just spent 70$ lol

BFIB

This is going to be a problem for me with my limited gaming time. And I've already played Diablo a ton on PC, so I can't seem to decide if I pick this up or not.

I'll just sit here at work agonizing all day.

We're in the same boat. Still making my way through TLOU, and Mario 3D World. But this game is so tempting. The perfect pick up for 15 min and play if you have time game.

Will be playing in a little while. Got a couple of things to handle.

I've never played before, but which class would I want to choose if I want to blow shit up? Lol

Mang been around is just as old, don't really care I was being faceitous but you keep eating all the bait.

So should I dredge the official forums, diablo fans other other forums showing people ragging on the console input in a useless attempt to appeal to popularity? I have plenty of fun with certain classes especially the demon hunter or barb which I'd rather use them on a console than pc.

Also you will die if you try that on a high torment cause if you use nemesis bracers and can't run the elites tend spawn on you gg if they have electrify or other affixes on them and you happen to be a witch doctor, wizard, or demon hunter you will dead quickly. Rather how about you try that out and show us that or use armgaurds during a conduit pylon by the time you switch it bonus would be gone. This is a gameplay issue and oddly enough item management is part gameplay it's a rather huge part.

Its shows mang and I hope a mod sees that reference for what it is.
I have no idea what you're trying to say in the first paragraph, speed of item management is trivial to me, being able to pause in the middle of battle is an awesome ability..

and in that last line of yours, if you're alluding to the hope that a mod bans me because I don't own a gaming PC but have an opinion about an action rpg possibly being a better experience on a console with obvious limitations to visuals.. thats quite petty of you.

Ok, I tried restarting my system and now the stuttering is completely gone. I guess that update wasn't applied when I first booted up for some reason

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
What difficulty is everyone playing at?

I'm thinking about doing Expert. . . .

I just started the game for the first time with a brand new character and I am finding expert to be quite easy tbh

nowai

What difficulty is everyone playing at?

I'm thinking about doing Expert. . . .

Upping the difficulty is pointless until you're in Inferno.

You will easily max out your level before you hit Inferno, so the XP boost is not worth the extra time it takes to kill mobs.

Best is to steamroll normal until you are ready for the Torment difficulties in Inferno.

You will easily max out your level before you hit Inferno, so the XP boost is not worth the extra time it takes to kill mobs.

Best is to steamroll normal until you are ready for the Torment difficulties in Inferno.
There is no inferno

Markitron

Ok thanks, is this the general consensus yea? You don't get better loot on a higher difficulty?

Korben

Banned
I never doubted you mister postman !

36oljx1.jpg

nowai

Ok thanks, is this the general consensus yea? You don't get better loot on a higher difficulty?

Well golly! Sorry Markitron, I thought it was like vanilla.

I have been in a blackout for the the expansion the past year waiting for the console release.

That's great news not having to slug through the game on stupid difficulties a bunch on times!

Picking this up after work today, so excited!

On a side note: hey digital owners, how seamless was the pre-load and unlocking process? I haven't used it for a game yet but will be when Infamous: First Light hits next week.

Was there any problems and did you have to do anything to unlock it? Or was it just playable the minute it released?

I was super impressed. I had x pressed so it literally was counting down and the second it hit zero the game booted instantly and was ready to go fully installed

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I just started from scratch with a brand new character, thought I would put it on expert straight away just to see if it would be too hard but the difficulty seems quite normal. Has this been everyone's experience?

Yea I've been soloing expert and it's been a cinch so far. The bosses can take awhile though given their extensive health bars(skele king was very protracted, but I enjoyed it. No 1-hit deaths spikes like on harder diffs in the ps3 game with a newbie character either). Thinking of pushing up to master tonight which I already have unlocked from playing the ps3 version.

Top Bottom