• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

BFIB

İ quite like it as i dont use companions as they make monsters harder to kill. But is it class based? I played the original game and dont remember such thing. Also one more question i habe lots of rare items, is it best to sell those or just salvage them?

I don't believe it adds any stats, its just a companion that I believe can identify Legendaries immediately? I could be wrong about that. It came in as a potion during the RoS update on PC.

As far as the rares go, I'd just salvage them, and start building towards when crafting really matters, which is after level 60.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I offered to kill this guy's zombie wife two seconds after meeting him, and half a second later we're running to go do the deed. I'm giggling big time over here.

I don't believe it adds any stats, its just a companion that I believe can identify Legendaries immediately? I could be wrong about that. It came in as a potion during the RoS update on PC.

As far as the rares go, I'd just salvage them, and start building towards when crafting really matters, which is after level 60.

Oookay, thank you very much. What about legendaries which i dont use? İ have a few.

Admodieus

Ya i see that but he has no items I can equip besides his default sword and shield

Then you don't have any eligible items in your inventory. Make sure you haven't labeled any as junk that might be usable for him, they won't show up under the Follower tab in that case.

Does anyone get the wings or is that PC only?

Someone in my game last night had them, but I couldn't understand what he said when I asked how he got them

PS3 preorder carryover? Both the angelic and demon wings/all my uncharted themed gear is in my stash-

Yup. PS3 preorder bonuses carried over with save transfers. My new Crusader even had the infernal helmet in her inventory. The other PS3 bonuses were waiting in my stash.

quest

Not Banned from OT
The Console extras are pretty damn cool. I got a few loot pieces for other people. Killed 2 nemesis your welcome darkwing75 lol. The massacre bonus is the best damn thing ever. The speed bonus was great before I got my run speed over 20. I am really liking crusader the tank class I always wanted to play on vanilla D3.

Bwa! That's it! I am buying it... again. I just started my first hardcore hero on PC last week. This is a game that I just cannot stop playing. RoS put the icing on the cake.

BFIB

Just got done downloading....and I realized that I forgot to export my character saves. I'm really dreading going through the full game again, as I was addicted to Adventure mode.

But....to make an omelet you gotta crack some eggs!

Gator86

The Console extras are pretty damn cool. I got a few loot pieces for other people. Killed 2 nemesis your welcome darkwing75 lol. The massacre bonus is the best damn thing ever. The speed bonus was great before I got my run speed over 20. I am really liking crusader the tank class I always wanted to play on vanilla D3.

Agreed. The massacre bonuses make fights ridiculously fun and arcadey. Trying to chain different groups of enemies together to keep your streak going is a lot of fun.

Some of it might not.

I have a quad int ring from vanilla. Rings don't roll quads now, I know that. But how about letting me have the chance to find a replacement rather than screw it over by default?

What about my vanilla Puzzle Rings? Are they nerfed? What about the MF gear that I use on my multibox dummy characters? Is that all gone?

More importantly - why is any of this even a question that needs to be raised? Why not let me choose which gear to keep and which to discard? Why offer the ability to import data if it won't all be imported?

There were a massive amount of balance changes made on PC since the PS3 version of the game. Some changes warranted retroactive item modifications. Others didn't, so your old puzzle ring should still work mostly how it used to, but new puzzle rings don't.

All of your concerns are moot, though, because level 70 items are way better than level 60 items. Couple of days max and you won't even remember your old gear.

quest

Not Banned from OT
If any of you new to the game want to join up for an hour or 2 before my wife gets home. Just message me first so I can turn down the difficulty and start a new adventure mode. I should be back on in 5-10 min.

Interesting, because a few quick Crusader guides I happened to find recommended the Templar for the Crusader because you could give him your hand-me-downs easily. Don't agree?

I think of it as the templar can be your tank, but if you're already a tank you don't need one.

Either way though, they don't typically make a huge difference. You may want to roll with whichever personality you enjoy the most, and in most cases, it's Kormac the templar :)

Leyasu

Banned
Ok people, complete Diablo noob here. After reading about the classes I'm stuck between a DH or a Wizard any suggestions? Thanks for the input

Admodieus

In terms of followers, Templar is better if you're playing a class or build that has resource problems, as his last ability can increase your resource generation.

If you're playing a class that doesn't have this issue and is more focused on attack speed (some Monk builds, Blessed Shield Crusader) then Enchantress is a good candidate for her last ability which buffs attack speed by 3% (which has a direct effect on your DPS).

OmegaDL50

Thank you to PSN user NoDepth on my friend list.

I found this in my mail box today

5wbb.jpg

Also got these nifty Bracers for killing the Chancellor protecting Leoric's Crown

7wbb.jpg

Top Bottom