• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Nokterian

So many gaffers adding me on PSN..Thank you! ;-; don't have the game yet but to my fellow americans i am from EU but we can play though when i have it!

lmao, all the patches, expansion packs, and Ultimate Evil Editions in the world can't save this game's story.

Look more hidden tracks!

I never cared about the story but Reaper of Souls is a bit better. But it's about killing tons of monsters in 1 blow and get the shiny legendary's!

Niven

Hundreds of hours, easily.

I've probably put a couple hundred hours into the various versions of D3 (both on PC and console), and I'm considering picking this version up, too. In my case, I play it like mad for 3-4 weeks (putting 80-100 hours in), put it down for a few months, then repeat. I did that with Diablo 2 for over a decade! I wasn't expecting to do the same with D3 at first, but the developers have done a lot to get the game into the same addictive shape that Diablo 2 was eventually molded into.

So if you don't mind me asking, once like the story is done what do you do? What keeps it' fresh?

Codiox

Damn, that blows. Did you play Diablo 3 on consoles before or is this your first foray into the console version?

I played Diablo 2 in 2001 and it was OK. I mean there wasn't any comparable game at the time.
Never played D3 before but now I think it's just nostalgia why you guys enjoy this. Objectively it's just a mediocre game. I can't get over the fixed camera though. I mean not even zoom?!

ZenaxPure

What's coming in patch 2.1?

Legendary gems which are a pretty big game changer as some of them are crazy and greater rifts which is basically an endless dungeon kind of thing. You get 15 minutes to clear a rift and if you clear it you get an item that lets you do a harder dungeon, and that loop keeps going until you fail.

There is also a HUGE amount of class/item changes that is giving every class a bunch of new viable endgame builds.

Blizz has said the ps3/360 version won't get updated so they will be stuck in the current version of the game forever unless they randomly change their mind for some reason.

antitrop

Color me impressed and surprised at how easily and efficiently they were able to transfer the UI to consoles. I'm picking it up much faster than I even expected to, the controls are extremely intuitive.

Phionoxx

Hate to ask as I am sure it has been brought up a lot, but looked through the OP and didn't see it (may have missed it) - is there a google docs spreadsheet or comparable resource out there for PSN names to add from GAF? Thanks.

Damaniel

Banned
So if you don't mind me asking, once like the story is done what do you do? What keeps it' fresh?

It's all about getting better loot to push yourself a little further (higher difficulties). The addition of rifts and (especially) the Adventure Mode give a little more meaning to the endgame than the 'hours of boss runs' that used to be mainstay of the series. However, even Adventure Mode gets stale after a while as you reach the limits of progression. Hence my play style - month-long bursts a few times a year.

Think of the game as an investment; if you enjoy it, you might not play it for 6 months straight, but you'll keep coming back to it over the life of the console.

Legendary gems which are a pretty big game changer as some of them are crazy and greater rifts which is basically an endless dungeon kind of thing. You get 15 minutes to clear a rift and if you clear it you get an item that lets you do a harder dungeon, and that loop keeps going until you fail.

There is also a HUGE amount of class/item changes that is giving every class a bunch of new viable endgame builds.

Blizz has said the ps3/360 version won't get updated so they will be stuck in the current version of the game forever unless they randomly change their mind for some reason.

Hmm, that's tough. I was going to try and grab this today for PS3, but now I feel like I should just wait until I have a PS4.

What class are you playing? Cuz I felt like I cheated by using Demon Hunter - he didn't even hit me once. Vault + Smoke Screen + Turret + Rapid Fire just wrecked him.

Crusader. He just fucking spams his area attack over and over again. Cant even heal, regenerate or dodge. İ meam how long can i?

Niven

It's all about getting better loot to push yourself a little further (higher difficulties). The addition of rifts and (especially) the Adventure Mode give a little more meaning to the endgame than the 'hours of boss runs' that used to be mainstay of the series. However, even Adventure Mode gets stale after a while as you reach the limits of progression. Hence my play style - month-long bursts a few times a year.

Think of the game as an investment; if you enjoy it, you might not play it for 6 months straight, but you'll keep coming back to it over the life of the console.

Thank you, this answer helped a lot

I got no idea what is meant to keep people playing, in Diablo II leveling up took much longer, you had reasons for creating more characters of the same class, plus had a decent PVP community.

Diablo III though...top level in no time, no reason to ever roll more than one of any class and PVP is a long forgotten joke.

DIablo II had a point to better loot and perfect builds. Diablo III does not.

WTF, i just beat him and at the end of the fight he just didnt spam it like he always did. Very strange. Because fore, it was just spamming it endlessly.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I started playing last night as a Male Wizard on Hard at about 7:30pm, and when I looked at the clock next it was 3:30am and I was level 28. Talk about some addictive shit! O.O

Wallach

WTF, i just beat him and at the end of the fight he just didnt spam it like he always did. Very strange. Because fore, it was just spamming it endlessly.

That sounds like the enrage timer from PC. I'm guessing they're in console too. You can't fight a boss forever, they eventually enter an enraged state that you can't survive for very long.

ZenaxPure

Hmm, that's tough. I was going to try and grab this today for PS3, but now I feel like I should just wait until I have a PS4.

Well I'm pretty sure you can transfer PS3 RoS -> PS4 RoS if you don't mind double dipping lol. It's not like the current game a broken mess or anything, it's really awesome and every class is capable of reaching the higher difficulties with the right gear. The 360/ps3 versions being stuck in the past while unfortunate isn't the end of the world since it is still a fun place for the game.

DIablo II had a point to better loot and perfect builds. Diablo III does not.

Not really true considering you can only move up difficulty levels with better gear/specific builds and the difficulty directly effects the amount of XP/gold/legendary items you get. Not to mention D3 has infinite levels now...

Also this is especially not true in 2.1 with Greater Rifts because if you are aiming for the higher spots you have to optimize the hell out of your gear and build. Greater Rifts have a practical reason to try and go higher because the higher you make it the easier it becomes to upgrade legendary gems and at least on PC there is a competitive aspect to it through leaderboards (don't think console is getting the rift leaderboards for obvious reasons).

Not enjoying the various reasons to get better gear/higher levels is one thing, but it factually is something that exists.

Playing in expert. Got to the catacombs in Act 3. Havent died yet and have killed two Nemesis.

Around 15 legs so far.

I have to sleep.

Btw, the last couple hours I've played in the Vita. Works perfectly. Assigned the passive Law to R2.

Not really true considering you can only move up difficulty levels with better gear/specific builds and the difficulty directly effects the amount of XP/gold/legendary items you get. Not to mention D3 has infinite levels now...

Also this is especially not true in 2.1 with Greater Rifts because if you are aiming for the higher spots you have to optimize the hell out of your gear and build. Greater Rifts have a practical reason to try and go higher because the higher you make it the easier it becomes to upgrade legendary gems and at least on PC there is a competitive aspect to it through leaderboards (don't think console is getting the rift leaderboards for obvious reasons).

Not enjoying the various reasons to get better gear/higher levels is one thing, but it factually is something that exists.

So basically farm better gear for harder difficulties, harder difficulties for better gear. So where the reason?

jaaz

Question for the D3 veterans: Start on Normal or Hard?

I've played through D1 and D2 and part of D3 on the PC. Don't remember what difficulty I played it on the PC. I do not want it to be too easy and want to be challenged somewhat, but not to the extent of feeling frustrated. So which is best?

Question for the D3 veterans: Start on Normal or Hard?

I've played through D1 and D2 and part of D3 on the PC. Don't remember what difficulty I played it on the PC. I do not want it to be too easy and want to be challenged somewhat, but not to the extent of feeling frustrated. So which is best?

I've never played a Diablo game before and started on hard. It's pretty easy so I might go up to expert when I play it later today.

OmegaDL50

So basically farm better gear for harder difficulties, harder difficulties for better gear. So where the reason?

The same question could be asked what was the reason to play D2:LoD after story mode. Because both games you were doing the same thing more or less.

Loot Runs in D2, such as Pindleskin for example, people just ran it over and over to get their high end gear. Also getting to level 100 in D2 certainly does not take as long to get to the higher end Paragon levels (like Paragon 200 or so)

At least Rift runs in D3 changes things up. You aren't running the same dungeon over and over, due to the random variations of rifts and bounty hunts.

D3 doesn't stop once you hit 70. In fact the Paragon system is when you actually get to tweak your build to a more personal level once you start getting Paragon points.

Dazzyman

Just to clarify there is forcefeedback on xb1 but it's at a very basic level, had it happen to me when buffed from doing kills in the dungeon been in. Nothing for shooting etc...tho which is shame with rapid fire for DH.

So question.

I have Diablo 3 on PC but never got into it too much. Not that I didn't like it just got busy and never went back.

Is it worth stumping up the £59.99 to get this for ps4 since remote play and something to play on ps4 or should I try jumping back into PC?

Kemal86

I'm Paragon ~25ish on the base PS3 version. Is there a good guide on spending Paragon points I can check out for when I upgrade? Like are there certain stats (say Run Speed) I should focus on, or stats to always avoid? I mainly play Monk and Wizars but will be starting a Crusader as well.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
God, this game is so good. I finally get to experience the Diablo hype.

Me and some buddies have one open spot if anyone wants to join. We're on XB1 and my gamertag = kittens dx. We're all around level 12.

I'm Paragon ~25ish on the base PS3 version. Is there a good guide on spending Paragon points I can check out for when I upgrade? Like are there certain stats (say Run Speed) I should focus on, or stats to always avoid? I mainly play Monk and Wizars but will be starting a Crusader as well.

It really depends on your current build.

Evo X

My friend and I will be starting a Hard run tomorrow, as a Wizard and Crusader. I played the PC version a long time ago, but he has never played it. Looking to create a solid group of people who want to go through the whole story with us at a reasonable pace. We can only play after 5pm(CST) on weekdays, but anytime on the weekends.

PS4 tag is DemonFang343. Shoot me an invite if you would like to join.

OmegaDL50

PVP does exist in D3.

There is an NPC you can talk to in Tristram that takes you to an arena where players can battle with each other.

While it isn't the elective-type PVP in D2 in which both players need to agree to become hostile with each other on a map, PVP does exist in D3 regardless.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
so, whats the best character to play this game with? im about to start and i need to know
All of them seem really fun. This is my first time ever playing Diablo and I'm having fun with the monk.

HORRORSHØW

anyone get their shadow of the colossus transmog on the ps4? the pauldrons popped up in my inventory today but still no pet and transmog.

Grimløck;126176636 said:
anyone get their shadow of the colossus transmog on the ps4? the pauldrons popped up in my inventory today but still no pet and transmog.

Apparently you don't find them till the end game.

Neverwas

Grimløck;126176636 said:

i got the transmog, but no pet or pauldrons.

Top Bottom