• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

X-Frame

Noooooooooooooo ... !!

I'm very tempted to just grab the PSN digital and then return the unopened box to Amazon now. I don't want to wait 2 days.

dOBRA8Q.png

Ragarra

I'm stuck in the same boat waiting for target.com since I had a gift card. I'll probably just end up buying it from best buy and returning my unopened box to target.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Question about the game (Xbox One, might be same on PS4). Let's say I play at home and then head to my brother's place to play some more locally, will I still have access to my character I leveled at home? PC version has everything saved server side, but you can play offline on consoles, so I'm just wondering if I need to do something to bring my character over to his place. Thanks!

Chris R

Is the 360 release one disc or two? Is the content on the disc or DLC that must be activated/downloaded?

Just asking because me and a few friends rented the original game from Redbox back when it came out but only got to act three... we need to finish it (and I'd like to experience the expansion act).

antitrop

2014 is the best year ever for games I already love and have played the shit out of being even way better.

I know that doesn't sit right for some, but it's great with me!

RE4HD
TLoU: R
D3: UEE
GTA V

That's some damn solid "regaming", right there.

BokehKing

Banned
Having played this on my average pc/360 all weekend

It looks amazing on my ps4 (and if I still had a x1, it would look amazing on there as well, I keep gushing and not playing)

The big patch before ROS on PC made some big changes to the leveling system so you don't have to replay the campaign mode over and over.

It also just gears you up for adventure mode.

Thank you! I was using the increased experience to illustrate the number of changes in-game between PC vanilla and UEE to my housemates.

antitrop

Haha, playing on Expert is funny. I haven't even killed the Skeleton King yet and I'm level 16.

Really enjoying the Demon Hunter, really plays well with a controller. Dodge-roll is awesome, great addition. Would feel weird to go back to the PC version without it.

I played a hundred hours of a Wizard on PC, and I'm trying to imagine how that would work on a controller. I'll probably make one later just to see.

Why is this hard to find in my area? I got a copy at walmart, but they only got a few in and it looked like they were almost out (they were still in their box behind the counter). My brother went to the walmart by him and they're out of the PS4 version, same with Gamestop. I'm on hold with the other walmart near him seeing if they have it in stock for him. Been on hold for five minutes so don't think they're coming back with good news.

Kyoufu

My goal tomorrow is to get the remaining 18 levels and then do some rifts. Need to get those awesome Crusader shields from Kadala ASAP.

Brannon

So how do I make it so that the game always shows all cinematics? Because I'm playing a different character for the hell of it, and it doesn't show it's Act I cinematic.

Haha, playing on Expert is funny. I haven't even killed the Skeleton King yet and I'm level 16.

Really enjoying the Demon Hunter, really plays well with a controller. Dodge-roll is awesome, great addition. Would feel weird to go back to the PC version without it.

I played a hundred hours of a Wizard on PC, and I'm trying to imagine how that would work on a controller. I'll probably make one later just to see.

I'm Level 15 and I haven't killed him either...only died twice because of getting cornered by elites and having nowhere to go...I apologize if I Nemesis'd somebody, lol

I played a Demon Hunter on PC and have spent a little time as one on UEE. The controls are totally built for the class. Dodge-roll feels sooo good. I'm tempted to swap out my Witch Doctor.

Wallach

I have most of my PC time into DH so I'm curious to try it on controller. Especially with stuff like MoD, Sentry, Spike Trap etc where you can't precisely control placement. That seems like it would be kind of a turn-off to me.

Monk, though, is ballin' on controller. Being able to control forward movement & facing on left stick while attacking is great. Plus male Monk has the best in-combat lines to make you feel like a badass when a dude gets wrecked so hard he rockets off screen.

Playing around with every character, to see who I'm a stick with. Crusader, Monk & DH are fun as hell. The other 3, not so much, but I'm still in act I, my highest level character is 11 or 12.

The preorder bonuses are OP so that's why the game seems easy to a lot of newcomers. Take it off if u want a more natural progression. The Infernal Pauldrons have +4 life per hit. On normal all u have to do is mash x for victory with this equipped.

First time diablo player here. I wasn't having fun at first, but now I'm Playing on Hard with no preorder items equipped & it finally clicked. Might even equip the items & move up to expert after seeing what the thread has said about drops.

Feel free to add me on psn: Nonshalant

Wallach

Ok so I got this set earlier and I have all the crafting ingredients except for the red thing. What is that?

Those are Fiery Brimstones. They are a crafting material you gain when you salvage a legendary or set quality item that is level 60 req or lower.

How are people so high before the Skeleton King? I'm looking around every nook and cranny, got to the second sword piece and just hit 16. I'm playing on hard. Are there side missions I'm missing?

antitrop

How are people so high before the Skeleton King? I'm looking around every nook and cranny, got to the second sword piece and just hit 16. I'm playing on hard. Are there side missions I'm missing?

There's no reason not to just play on Expert. The only way you can die is if you get trapped in a corner.

Son and I had a ton of fun playing on Nomal tonight. Got up to level 10 before calling it quits before the first real boss. He is not used to this loot stuff so when he got a good item he would totally squeal in delight. Was great fun.

About to log on again for a second sitting. Was my first time ever playing Diablo earlier and I decided to play on Expert...it's still kinda easy. Anyone reading this who intends on playing it soon, if you're good at games in general, feel free to start on expert. Everyone else should start on at least hard I think. Just my two cents.

Just hit level 56 on my Crusader. I never beat D3 before on PC and find that the expert difficulty is still a bit too easy. Not even trying to sound like a bad ass, it legitimately is just not that hard to kill them(any of them). That said I'm having a blast and looking forward to the other modes. Just have to finish ROS and see what all the fuss is about. My wife and I are gonna go grocery shopping and then back to it. Also, I sent two gifts out, that were drops from bosses. I like that you can send them as soon as you get them and don't have to be at a mailbox.

Just hit level 56 on my Crusader. I never beat D3 before on PC and find that the expert difficulty is still a bit too easy. Not even trying to sound like a bad ass, it legitimately is just not that hard to kill them(any of them). That said I'm having a blast and looking forward to the other modes. Just have to finish ROS and see what all the fuss is about. My wife and I are gonna go grocery shopping and then back to it. Also, I sent two gifts out, that were drops from bosses. I like that you can send them as soon as you get them and don't have to be at a mailbox.

Guess I'm safe in my Hardcore playthrough for now (I'm on Normal Hardcore, but it won't allow me to change the difficulty).

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Playing around with every character, to see who I'm a stick with. Crusader, Monk & DH are fun as hell. The other 3, not so much, but I'm still in act I, my highest level character is 11 or 12.

The preorder bonuses are OP so that's why the game seems easy to a lot of newcomers. Take it off if u want a more natural progression. The Infernal Pauldrons have +4 life per hit. On normal all u have to do is mash x for victory with this equipped.

First time diablo player here. I wasn't having fun at first, but now I'm Playing on Hard with no preorder items equipped & it finally clicked. Might even equip the items & move up to expert after seeing what the thread has said about drops.

Feel free to add me on psn: Nonshalant

I've put hundreds of hours into Witch Doctor and Mage on PC, WD being my clear favorite of the two (just so much crazier), but now I'm having a real blast with Crusader. Feels a lot like barbarian, but more versatile.

OmegaDL50

I got a Two Handed Axe that is Legendary. I don't plan to use this thing because I don't like Axes.

If anyone plans to eventually make a Barbarian or uses Two-hander axes. I'll send it to whoever wants it.

This is for the PS4 version by the way.

Lybb.png

I'm playing local co-op and every piece of treasure goes to player 1. Is this a bug or are we doing something wrong?

In Co-op items are divided automatically send to the inventory of the player who will get the best use out of it. Everyone is assigned their own loot.

The Last of Us Rift/Shadow of The Colossus Transmog Items aren't pre-order bonuses...they are just extra items included in the PS versions
Oh thank fuck for that! The OP says "both of these items are available through preordering," but there was three items listed. I only really want TLOU rift, even if it's just skins lol. Thanks for the reply!

Top Bottom