• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

jester_

Looking for gaffers to play with!

PS4: jester_dev

I got a Two Handed Axe that is Legendary. I don't plan to use this thing because I don't like Axes.

If anyone plans to eventually make a Barbarian or uses Two-hander axes. I'll send it to whoever wants it.

This is for the PS4 version by the way.

Lybb.png

In Co-op items are divided automatically send to the inventory of the player who will get the best use out of it. Everyone is assigned their own loot.
I'll take it! I use 2-handers on my crusader. PSN: jester_dev

I got a Two Handed Axe that is Legendary. I don't plan to use this thing because I don't like Axes.

If anyone plans to eventually make a Barbarian or uses Two-hander axes. I'll send it to whoever wants it.

This is for the PS4 version by the way.

Lybb.png

In Co-op items are divided automatically send to the inventory of the player who will get the best use out of it. Everyone is assigned their own loot.
2h only good on crusaders

ZenaxPure

I played for about 90 minutes on Torment I and went from level 60 to level 66.

wut

300% more xp is a lot.

That's actually why I said people shouldn't worry about the dream team achievement/trophy much. You can get a max level character in like an hour if your friends power level you and in just a few hours solo if you prepare for it (paragon points, hellfire ring, reduced level gear).

Leveling is stupid fast in RoS, especially once you unlock adventure mode.

I've been eyeballing this game for awhile. I'm tempted to pick it up since I'm in need of an RPG to play on the PS4. It seems quite chaotic (which is fine) but from some videos I've seen I get the feeling it's a button mashing hack & slash? Is that an accurate assessment? Or is the combat a bit more in depth than that?

Gator86

300% more xp is a lot.

That's actually why I said people shouldn't worry about the dream team achievement/trophy much. You can get a max level character in like an hour if your friends power level you and in just a few hours solo if you prepare for it (paragon points, hellfire ring, reduced level gear).

Leveling is stupid fast in RoS, especially once you unlock adventure mode.

Yeah, leveling is obscenely fast. I played for a few hours and I'm nearly up to the highest level character I have on PS3 (38) after buying that game at launch.

Also, GAF is really good at Diablo apparently. I haven't seen a single Nemesis monster. You guys should have a beer or two before playing. Hell, make it 3 or 4. Whatever it takes to slow those reactions times.

I've been eyeballing this game for awhile. I'm tempted to pick it up since I'm in need of an RPG to play on the PS4. It seems quite chaotic (which is fine) but from some videos I've seen I get the feeling it's a button mashing hack & slash? Is that an accurate assessment? Or is the combat a bit more in depth than that?

Hack and slash all the way.

Flunkie

Banned
Okay, is the freaking Blizzard special legendary item thing not working for anyone else? I linked my Battle.net like a couple days ago, yet it still tells me to link in-game. Grr.

Also, what should I be doing with legendary items? Should I identify them right away, or save them and identify them at a later date when things are getting more difficult, or just same them all for level 70 or what? I haven't played since Loot 2.0 came.

ZenaxPure

Im pretty new to diablo. Should I be using two handed weapons or a shield/weapon for a barb?

Neither, dual wield weapons is the only viable path until next patch (where 2h becomes good, 1h weapon and shield seems forever doomed for barbarian).

That said, it doesn't matter while you are leveling up. Just use whatever weapon gives you the most damage. Just keep in mind at max level you will want to dual wield.

I haven't checked the thread a lot since release as I've been at work, but did anyone confirm if the Vita can be used as another controller in multiplayer?

GravyButt

Neither, dual wield weapons is the only viable path until next patch (where 2h becomes good, 1h weapon and shield seems forever doomed for barbarian).

That said, it doesn't matter while you are leveling up. Just use whatever weapon gives you the most damage. Just keep in mind at max level you will want to dual wield.

Ook, ive only just beat the skeleton king and noticed I was doing better w shield/weapon. None of my 2h weapons I currently have do any more damage than my 1h weapons.

Although maybe I should run two 1h weapons.

Nista

What solomonk build do you guys suggest for a new 70? The builds I find on PC version info are too specific for having certain legendaries or are very small support roles.

Chucker

Started a monk on hard, bumped it to expert, 18 now just after
Cain dies
having a great time on the One again. Will probably be on all night.

Here is the first 15 frames of my Time Lapse Photo project.

I'll get the other 55 frames in due time. The finished project won't look this terrible. The original images are high quality 1440x709 PNG, which I plan to make either a Webm or APNG with once I figure out how that works.

rxajgv.gif

Awesome stuff!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Damn this looks better than the 360 SKU. So my particles and phys obs flying everywhere constantly.

And I love the dpad to look at last items to make them junk. This is pure loot quest bliss.

The crusader is awesome so far. Started on hard difficulty, and I haven't used a pot yet, about to kill the skele king.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever I go to send my friends gifts via the mailbox I always see the same four friends listed and no one else. What's up with that?

BokehKing

Banned
So I'm just playing Crusader, got a legendary 2 hander but missing my shield, oh what do you know, passive skill that let's me equip a 2 hander as a one hander to get my shield back, and got Skeleton Kings helm legendary

Love lovd this, Destiny withdrawal symptoms have been driven away.... Finally

OneUh8

I'm 22 and finding DH just a tad boring. It's been pretty much nothing but hold down Rapid Fire and rotate the analog stick around.

Yeah since I played vanilla D3 and not ROS, I am going with a Crusader first. Already used all the other 4 classes previously. From all accounts he is fun to play with. DH was my least favorite to use in D3.

ZenaxPure

Although maybe I should run two 1h weapons.

At a high level there is no competition about it for reasons I won't bother with as you aren't there yet, but, at a low level you basically just need to check out the stats. 1h and shield can give you more overall damage if the shield has dps stats like strength and critical hit chance.

Surfheart

Which platform?

I've been playing the PS4 version for the last 6 hours and haven't noticed any fps drops at all and if there were any it was no where near 30

Restarted my PS4 and now silky smooth 60. Weird, like it was running without the patch, but I had patched the game before starting.

Noob Fu

Saw my first Nemesis, but it came when I was already fighting a Elite. I died. So looks like that Nemesis got leveled up on me and dumped on someone else. Good luck :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Having fun with the witch doctor so far. Played Monk on the PC but that was it, so this is a pretty big difference...also feels a lot easier since I can hang back a lot more, but I really like the controls here opposed to clicking everywhere.

I can't join my friends game or vis versa. He lives around the corner from me. We did the restore license thing and did it from the game and from the menu. Keeps saying unable to join game. Any tips?

Mims

So I know we have a friends list thread but out of the 40 people I have accepted nobody is playing hardcore but me. So if you play hardcore please add me PSN: Mims03. So far I haven't seen anybody in a public game yet at level 12.

Finally got the game from UPS and was able to put enough time into my fledgling monk to get him to 9th level. Digging his style so far: right before I quit, got him rocking a saber in one hand and a javelin in the other. Stick, move, stick, move. I can see getting into big trouble if I get cornered or surrounded. Playing on hard at the moment.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Started playing at 3PM.

Oh shit its almost 10PM.

Oh fuck, level 24 Crusader with multiple legendary weapons/armor. :O!

This game is too good, I am hooked :)

I got my first Legendary to drop (Level 15 Quiver for my DH) and I sent someone a Gift Legendary as well

I keep getting ok drops overall but hoping soon I get some real upgrades

Theeze

Neo Member
Remember to check, advanced tooltips and elective mode in options.

For anyone that doesn't know...advanced tooltips give you more details about skills and passives. Stat wise.

Elective mode doesn't limit the way you assign skills, you can have nothing but secondary skills assigned if u wanted..

Picked up a nice legendary weapon earlier. Just accidentally equipped a different weapon, and now the legendary is gone. Not on the ground or in my inventory. Hope I'm just delusional or something.

Top Bottom