• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Dubz

How do I tell if I linked my PSN account to my Battle.net account? Is there something in game that confirms they're linked?

pixlexic

Banned
I love how specific some of the legendary bonuses are. Like I got a axe that summons a spirit to fight with you randomly.

I love stuff like that.

So....apparently those nemesis enemies can spawn in anyone's game. I have no friends list and got mauled by one =/

Also ran into another stuttering issue. Everything was running fine and I quit to start a new char. I was stuttering constantly and then it disappeared when I closed the game down and relaunched. Weird stuff

mintylurb

My copy has arrived. Thanks amazong! Bought a bag of dorritos, diet pepsi, geltato and ready to play..after I update my system.. I love these system updates.

imjust1n

Banned
2014 is the best year ever for games I already love and have played the shit out of being even way better.

I know that doesn't sit right for some, but it's great with me!

RE4HD
TLoU: R
D3: UEE
GTA V

That's some damn solid "regaming", right there.

RE4HD ....um RE4 has a HD on ps4? where is this at?

TEH-CJ

Banned
My god....best game ever made? I cant stop playing...

the combat is soooo good! Its so satisfying sending enemies scattering across the screen in rag doll physics.

amazing.

zedge

Few hrs into the xbone version. Really enjoying it so far. Has been perfectly smooth and looks great. No complaints yet.

Probably a dumb question, but how do I teleport to players without having to go back to town? It's easy to do on pc so I hope they've kept the feature for consoles.

antitrop

My god....best game ever made? I cant stop playing...

the combat is soooo good! Its so satisfying sending enemies scattering across the screen in rag doll physics.

amazing.

I think Diablo III is definitely one of the most mechanically satisfying games ever made. Even at PC launch in 2012, they nailed that aspect. It was just everything else they fucked up. :p

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm starting to think either the crusader is OP or the drop rate is too good on expert. I'm absolutely destroying everything, and I have an item that heals me for every point of mana I use.

David___

Banned
I'm starting to think either the crusader is OP or the drop rate is too good on expert. I'm absolutely destroying everything, and I have an item that heals me for every point of mana I use.

Sounds like my Crusader atm. Instead of the item though its one of the Passives.

Got my PS4 issue sorted out. Started playing a Wizard as my Monk from my old 360 save can't seem to be exported across.

Anyway, is it me, or is the Wizard insanely OP? Even early on, I can mow down almost anything with ease from a distance. And those that don't die almost instantly, are dead by the time they reach me.

Maybe I should save the Wizard for a harder difficulty, and start normal mode again using a different class.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever I go to send my friends gifts via the mailbox I always see the same four friends listed and no one else. What's up with that?
Anyone have an answer for this?

And another question: what do I do with dice?

ZenaxPure

There isn't really much challenge until you start going for appropriately leveled torment stuff to be honest. At that point the game becomes a lot faster paced and you die much faster which means more paying attention to your surroundings/potion cooldown.

antitrop

Anyway, is it me, or is the Wizard insanely OP? Even early on, I can mow down almost anything with ease from a distance. And those that don't die almost instantly, are dead by the time they reach me.
I'm starting to think either the crusader is OP or the drop rate is too good on expert. I'm absolutely destroying everything.

Every class is OP, the game is too easy. I don't think you should be able to start a new character on Expert and not die unless you make a huge mistake.

Wallach

Got my PS4 issue sorted out. Started playing a Wizard as my Monk from my old 360 save can't seem to be exported across.

Maybe I should save the Wizard for a harder difficulty, and start normal mode again using a different class.

It's the difficulty setting. Normal is pretty faceroll, all the classes will wreck it like that. I'd honestly just set it to Expert, as even that won't be very hard once you start getting some legendaries and levels.

I just continued my game, and none of my maps are filled out in areas I've been before. Is that on ourpose and if so why?
Yes, it's on purpose. That's just the way ARPGs are. The maps are randomized for every new game you start.

On a side note, just wanted to say how awesome it is that people are enjoying this game. Been playing since D3 vanilla on PC and it's been a blast. I really wanna try it with a controller. It sounds like it controls great and the new dodge move looks fun. I just can't double-dip, waste of money.

OmegaDL50

I just continued my game, and none of my maps are filled out in areas I've been before. Is that on ourpose and if so why?

So you can go through old areas and clear them out again if you like.

Nothing is permanently dead (Except for Hardcore PC's that die that is) in this game. You can go back and re-fight old bosses again and again.

This is how it is in the PC version as well, even Diablo II too.

Sorry if this has been brought up a bunch, but is this retail version the only way to play Reaper of Souls on Xbox 360 or will there be a digital download eventually?

TheBear

I've never played a Diablo game before, always assumed it was a point and click type of affair. How does it work on the controller?

Yes, it's on purpose. That's just the way ARPGs are. The maps are randomized for every new game you start.

On a side note, just wanted to say how awesome it is that people are enjoying this game. Been playing since D3 vanilla on PC and it's been a blast. I really wanna try it with a controller. It sounds like it controls great and the new dodge move looks fun. I just can't double-dip, waste of money.

Maps get randomized everytime you restart afaik

So you can go through old areas and clear them out again if you like.

Nothing is permanently dead (Except for Hardcore PC's that die that is) in this game. You can go back and re-fight old bosses again and again.

This is how it is in the PC version as well, even Diablo II too.
Ahhh ok thanks everyone.

antitrop

I've never played a Diablo game before, always assumed it was a point and click type of affair. How does it work on the controller?
There are 6 primary attack/skill functions (PC num keys 1-4 and 2 mouse buttons), which are mapped to the 4 face buttons and the 2 right-side shoulder buttons.

Left-side shoulder buttons are utility, like lock-on and potions.

Right-stick does a dodge-roll.

Open the inventory/menu with the touchpad.

Pretty simple. Pretty effective.

Valnen

So does the dodge roll actually have any invincibility frames? I tried the demo a long ass time ago for PS3 and it didn't seem to.

Flunkie

Banned
Okay, is the freaking Blizzard special legendary item thing not working for anyone else? I linked my Battle.net like a couple days ago, yet it still tells me to link in-game. Grr.

Also, what should I be doing with legendary items? Should I identify them right away, or save them and identify them at a later date when things are getting more difficult, or just save them all for level 70 if I can get by without them or what? I haven't played since Loot 2.0 came.

anyone?

Wallach

So does the dodge roll actually have any invincibility frames? I tried the demo a long ass time ago for PS3 and it didn't seem to.

Not that I can tell. It does not ignore enemy collision either. I don't find it very useful to be honest. I've only really ever used it as a minor positioning tool to preserve facing when moving around stuff like Molten explosions.

Wallach

If you linked outside of game already, your ring should be in the stash, you can ignore the in-game prompt (it would just tell you the same thing anyway).

You should identify your legendaries as you find them. Their stats will not change based on when you identify them, they're determined at the time the item drops.

Not that I can tell. It does not ignore enemy collision either. I don't find it very useful to be honest...
I've been using it a ton with my monk. I'm not sure but it might give you a couple of frames of grace against an attack-- impossible for me to say but I've felt like I've been a split-second late on my dodge but still gotten away.

TheBear

There are 6 primary attack/skill functions (PC num keys 1-4 and 2 mouse buttons), which are mapped to the 4 face buttons and the 2 right-side shoulder buttons.

Left-side shoulder buttons are utility, like lock-on and potions.

Right-stick does a dodge-roll.

Open the inventory/menu with the touchpad.

Pretty simple. Pretty effective.

So I guess you move with the stick?

Sounds interesting, and you cats seem to like it. I might give it a whirl.

Hawk269

Is it worth getting the official game guide for this game? I only played an hour or so of the PC version and just jumped into the Xbox One version. Never really played any of the previous Diablo games.

Top Bottom