• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

sullstyle

Neo Member
Some of my challenges popped when entering the game for the first time, but a ton did not, anyone else have this issue? I'm playing on ps4 with a save transfer from ps3.

Badgerst3

What is a reasonable time frame to "test" a few characters before settling on one?

I am so damn vexed!

Considering rolling about an hour each with demon hunter and then crusader and then deciding.

Flunkie

Banned
If you linked outside of game already, your ring should be in the stash, you can ignore the in-game prompt (it would just tell you the same thing anyway).

You should identify your legendaries as you find them. Their stats will not change based on when you identify them, they're determined at the time the item drops.

Thanks for the info about legendaries! And thanks to everyone above. It was in my stash. I don't know why I didn't think to look there...

Wow, so importing your characters from other systems completely wipes out all of your characters, stash, etc that your current save file has before importing.

Played to level 35 on Crusader, so i refuse to wipe him.

antitrop

What is a reasonable time frame to "test" a few characters before settling on one?

I am so damn vexed!

Considering rolling about an hour each with demon hunter and then crusader and then deciding.
Defeating the Skeleton King with each class. That was as far as the original PC beta from 2012 went.

LOLCats

Banned
Is it worth getting the official game guide for this game? I only played an hour or so of the PC version and just jumped into the Xbox One version. Never really played any of the previous Diablo games.

nope it is not. Internet all the way with this one.

Hurley

So beat the main campaign on expert with my new crusader (fresh start, didn't have anything to transfer), think I'll up it to master for the expansion but yeah, Blizz did a fantastic job with the current gen ports, very happy and with the confirmation that they will receive further patching I think D3 on PS4 will be my platform of choice for now. I loved the pc version but damn the controller feels good to play with.

antitrop

So beat the main campaign on expert with my new crusader (fresh start, didn't have anything to transfer), think I'll up it to master for the expansion but yeah, Blizz did a fantastic job with the current gen ports, very happy and with the confirmation that they will receive further patching I think D3 on PS4 will be my platform of choice for now. I loved the pc version but damn the controller feels good to play with.

Only thing I miss is keyboard chat.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Also, normal is way too easy if you have an idea of what you are supposed to do. Upped to Hard and it feels like Hard is more of a challenge. May try Expert later on.

Two things; One, how do you salvage items/craft stuff, and two, how do two-handed weapons work? Is the damage literal, i.e. if a two handed sword had a damage number of 16 and then you had two one handed clubs for 16 damage a piece, the dual wielded clubs would be doing double the dps?

Edit: also are maps supposed to re-fog every time you visit them? Not really a fan of that one

Only problems I see right now is I can't sort items based on stat improvement, and I don't understand why socketing shows your entire inventory. Why would I socket things I don't have equipped?

I've gotten 5 legendaries from you guys so far. Thx!

Started a Demon Hunter, and played till Skeleton King. Loving the game so far, Loot 2.0 rocks, and the ps4 version is silky smooth, outside some lag here and there.

blackflag

i bought D3 PS3 a couple weeks ago to get a head start. Played it up to the minute I switched my character over to PS4 and the changes are incredible. All of a sudden instead of playing on Mastery 2 or whatever and still getting loot with the same level range meant for normal i'm now getting loot that is actually my level. Finished the game and adventure mode is great. So many great changes they've made since the early PC days.

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times, but how do you get the shadow of the colossus armor? I had something for it in my inventory for it and used it, but nothing happened.

antitrop

i bought D3 PS3 a couple weeks ago to get a head start. Played it up to the minute I switched my character over to PS4 and the changes are incredible. All of a sudden instead of playing on Mastery 2 or whatever and still getting loot with the same level range meant for normal i'm now getting loot that is actually my level. Finished the game and adventure mode is great. So many great changes they've made since the early PC days.

It will sound stupid to anyone that didn't play the game before they added this feature, but... I love the speed bonus you get from destroying scenery now.

I'm literally just running around on Expert as a WD casting Haunt on everything. Best class.

Witch Doctors take note of this ability. They lowered the mana cost and buffed it hard for end game so it turns out to be ridiculous for leveling up. It used to cost like 200 mana to cast.

ZenaxPure

Two things; One, how do you salvage items/craft stuff, and two, how do two-handed weapons work? Is the damage literal, i.e. if a two handed sword had a damage number of 16 and then you had two one handed clubs for 16 damage a piece, the dual wielded clubs would be doing double the dps?

Edit: also are maps supposed to re-fog every time you visit them? Not really a fan of that one

You salvage and craft stuff at the blacksmith dude in town, I'm not sure what else to say? It's pretty straight forward.

For weapons having 2 1handed weapons with 16 damage would not be double the overall dps. Attacks in the game work by either pulling in damage based on your main hand weapon or by alternating between your weapons (typically attacks with cooldowns only use mainhand and attacks you can spam alternate). It makes some stuff weird, like currently at endgame for barbarians (until next patch) their main damage comes from earthquake which does mainhand only. That means for the optimal setup you roll the damage value on your offhand weapon away for a better stat. Super weird I know, but it's just how the game works.

As for maps, they "refog" because the locations that spawn on them are random each time you jump into the game and in act 5 maps are entirely randomly generated each time you jump in. It takes multiple trips to areas before you see every dungeon or event that happens on it, it's a way to keep things fresh since you will revisit areas a lot at endgame.

Proxy

Played for a little bit and this game is infinitely better than launch D3 was and I vastly prefer playing it with a controller.

Maybesew

I've been playing with two friends tonight and this is the first time I've used the microphone on my ps4 gold headset. They say they can just barely hear me. Is there a setting somewhere for the mic volume?

Gxgear

Came home to a copy with a huge gash in the back, so now I'll have to go exchange it tomorrow instead of playing it tonight. So mad right now.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Played my crusader through the the skeleton king on the hardest difficulty available at the start (inferno?) via remote play last night. So good. I played the PC version a little but love the console version so much more. Can't wait to jump back in soon. I posted in the looking for friends thread but I'll add PSN: diggymow here as well in case anyone is looking.

OneUh8

Forgot how fun this game is. Haven't played since about 3 months after launch on PC. Played for an hour or so tonight. Can't wait to play more and see ask the changes that have been made. Already notice how much better item drops are.

Feel free to add me guys on ps4

Psn: OneUh8

BokehKing

Banned
Wow, so importing your characters from other systems completely wipes out all of your characters, stash, etc that your current save file has before importing.

Played to level 35 on Crusader, so i refuse to wipe him.
Hmm no, I have my stash after I imported all characters, only thing is I have to start at act 1 with all my high level characters to even do adventure mode

Just played through the better part of the first act with my son. Despite the slight annoyance of having to wait while each other looks through his inventory and set skills, this is the most fun I've had in gaming in quite awhile (even more than playing D3 alone on my PC)

I just need to convince my Dad to play this game as well. Got it for the couch co-op because we had a blast playing Borderlands 2. He's turned off by the graphics. Lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Finally done with work! Gonna login and join a random GAF lobby. Lvl 26 crusader.
I'm playing with two other guys on the XB1 version right now if you wanna join. Gamertag = kittens dx.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I've been playing with two friends tonight and this is the first time I've used the microphone on my ps4 gold headset. They say they can just barely hear me. Is there a setting somewhere for the mic volume?

I had the same problem, couldn't solve it, switched the mic to chat only. Annoying. Just to note, this was with a Different headset.

Top Bottom