• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

bronk

Banned
Im about to start for first time and im torn between a barbarian and crusader. Ill be playing mostly solo and sometimes co op with a friend. Any opinions from people who've played both? Which one is more fun? Thanks guys.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I just need to convince my Dad to play this game as well. Got it for the couch co-op because we had a blast playing Borderlands 2. He's turned off by the graphics. Lol

As someone in to original look of Diablo 1 or 2 I say the same. D3 has it's own unique charm and to be quite honest Diablo 1 and 2 don't have the physics of this game. The way the mobs die when you get good gear or a good fight going is just it's own magic.

Beaulieu

started a solo game on expert
never played diablo3 before
i play as demon hunter
just beat the skeleton king, never died, never came close to die, now lvl17

seems way too easy for expert... wth.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Grimløck;126226961 said:
yes. i love logging in to find new loot in my inbox.
I managed to share a Legendary Gift with LordNimon last night, I feel like I've done some good for the DiabloGAF community already :D

Bondigty, Hero, and I just tore it up on expert. Almost done with Act 1, but calling it a night.

They really need to tweak the difficulty. Monsters have too much health, while dealing way too little damage. Its not as fun that ONLY magic mobs put up a fight. Regular enemy mobs need to hurt more.

My friend has gifted me 3 legendaries. I think because I'm the only person on his friend list who has the game.

Unfortunately for him, all the legendaries I have found have gone to people on this forum.

I thought I'd send him something via mail to say thanks for what he sent.

I got a message back saying "thanks for the flawed emerald asshole."

Haines

Banned
i play as demon hunter

Diablo becomes a wall of hard. Point is replaying on harder and harder.

nubbe

Online play
LN25ubZ.jpg

PVP does exist in D3.

There is an NPC you can talk to in Tristram that takes you to an arena where players can battle with each other.

While it isn't the elective-type PVP in D2 in which both players need to agree to become hostile with each other on a map, PVP does exist in D3 regardless.

The way they done it, it may as well not exist.

Friend kills the Skeleton King who drops a gift for me. Open it up and its a legendary sword that doubles my damage from my previous one, 20 to 40.9. Pretty good for a level 18 at the time.

HORRORSHØW

My friend has gifted me 3 legendaries. I think because I'm the only person on his friend list who has the game.

Unfortunately for him, all the legendaries I have found have gone to people on this forum.

bwahahaha. you dick.

BashNasty

i play as demon hunter

Interesting.

I've played Diablo III for hundreds of hours on the PC.
I don't suck at the game.
Been playing on hard, then normal as a barbarian.
Died a couple times on both, I feel that enemies are too tough to take down.
Typically on PC I faceroll T2 as a wizard.
Confused as to why I feel so weak.
I'm not finding many legendaries, perhaps that's why...

Hurley

Online play
LN25ubZ.jpg

Lol, it's true.

I'm one of those Crusaders, it's just a class I do really well with and enjoy. Only other class's I played seriously on PC was barb and Monk.

Might give WD a go later, I've played one before but never to cap.

LCGeek

formerly sane
i play as demon hunter

I keep seeing this from so many people in this thread...

Lets establish that there are 10 difficulties to this game and we aren't going to bring greater rifts in to this discussion cause they add even more challenge.

Most of you aren't half way to where you could be if you invested the time in this game. The early leveling process of this game 1 to 70 is to familiarize you with the skills and the like. So I will be honest if you find this boring it's because it's basically is, but we all must crawl before we walk and we certainly shouldn't try running to the top otherwise we will stumble. Blizzard forces players through the red tape processbefore the game really gets good. Just being honest the game is infinitely better the harder it gets. Boss fights are better. The mobs are better. Playing this game at the low end is garbage cause when you face the jailing mortar walling affixed armadon in t6 or higher you know you're proper fucked but you won't surrender and you certainly don't plan on dying without a fight.

This is a turn off for some, but the reward, well there are plenty of posters here making me smiles cause they know what this game is all about. Give in to the grind it's divine once you get there.

Well, got my Crusader to 31. Still in a1. Successful day. Goodnight, GAF.

Oh, and if you didn't yet, feel free to add me! Psn YouGotReaped

nubbe

It is super easy compared to the PC version at launch

on Expert I'm just tearing shit apart on my PS4, while on the PC I really struggled hard.

yamo

I love D3 gaf, recieved lots of stuff from lots of people in my mailbox! Thanks to all of you who sent me stuff (my psn: lilljolle)! Alathren, Darkwing and more (sorry for forgetting you all)

Got a nemesis encounter as soon as I logged in today, was pretty challenging compared to other elite units. Hope your gift is good MackeMan! :)

Playing Crusader for the first time as I didn't have the expansion on PC. Love the ability that stuns your enemies and also have a chance of converting them to fight for you. It is pretty high chance of controlling elite units as well! :D

Shameless bump:

Is the Player Gift system random? I mean every time you get a legendary drop, is it guaranteed to drop an item for a friend, or is it just a random chance to drop a gift? Had a gift drop for my first two legendaries then it stopped.

Also, anyone else only ever seeing 32 friends listed as online? I have loads of you guys on my friend list but it only ever lists 32

tmespe

Shameless bump:

Is the Player Gift system random? I mean every time you get a legendary drop, is it guaranteed to drop an item for a friend, or is it just a random chance to drop a gift? Had a gift drop for my first two legendaries then it stopped.
The chance to drop is random, so you won't get a gift for your friends every time

Does anyone find it strange that the box art of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Collection (PS4/XB1) has a small photo of the box art for vanilla Diablo III (PS4/XB1) that does not exist? What was the point including it? If it already existed, sure, I get it. It just seems like a waste of resources and adds clutter considering Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Collection is the only version of Diablo III to appear on PS4/XB1.

Does anyone find it strange that the box art of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Collection (PS4/XB1) has a small photo of the box art for vanilla Diablo III (PS4/XB1) that does not exist? What was the point including it? If it already existed, sure, I get it. It just seems like a waste of resources and adds clutter.
Maybe stating it, since the first one was released in past gen consoles.

ZangBa

LOL, that's awesome.

Been grinding adventure mode hard with my crusader since level 1, now level 52, probably going to get to 70 before I sleep. I wish the bonus bounties changed every time I quit so I wouldn't be basically forced to do Act 1 and 2 over and over.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, I've played for twelve fucking hours. And it's been so fun.

Lorcain

This game is so good. Blizz did right with the PS4/XB1 versions. Crusader is a fun class. He's like all of my favorite super heroes and warriors rolled up into one class.

george_us

I'm playing a Wizard too. :D

Just hit level 66 earlier. Yes, I imported my character from vanilla D3.
I would have imported my characters had I known you still needed your old copy of D3 to do it. No big deal though since I'm having an absolute blast running through the game from the beginning.

SnakeEyez

So this is my first Diablo game so please excuse my ignorance but I'm not quite understanding the equipment. So I had two pairs of boots, one said its armor was 4 and the other said 15, but when I would equip the 15 pair, my defense would only increase by 4.

Number45

Back from holiday, eager to get this downloaded and start playing...

Phone line/internet is fucked. Yay!

Tethered to my phone... it might be done by the end of today if I'm lucky. :'(

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok what is a good endgame mink build? Skillset wise and paragon level wise?

I impirted my D3 character and am now lvl 66, I may have to start crafting, though I have no idea where to find the materials.

Also I just tear through Expert, though the tormebt are way too hard, may have to adjust my skills, would love some input

bronk

Banned
The crusaders basic attack is crazy fucking loud? Do I have to set my sound effects low as hell just to use him? So annoying I cant be only person that notices that. I may just play barbarian for the noise alone.

Shield bash hits hard when playing with the crusader, especially with stun, great starting attack..

Then you get the blessed shield (capn America shield throw)..

The feeling of euphoria you get from throwing multi shields and clearing out a group of enemies you just blinded and weakened with glare is unmatched. Amen.

antitrop

Okay, hit level 30. Calling it a night.

Demon Hunter gets really fun around the mid 20s.

The crusaders basic attack is crazy fucking loud? Do I have to set my sound effects low as hell just to use him? So annoying I cant be only person that notices that. I may just play barbarian for the noise alone.

I have my sound effects and voice at 20%, everything else at 100%. I have no idea why the basic attack sound effect is so fucking loud, it's practically deafening.

It's not just the Crusader, because the sound of the DH's crossbow shooting bolts is 30x louder than anything else going on in the game, too.

Top Bottom