• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Sorry it has probably been asked and answered a million times, how do I get my preorder equipment? I bought it digitally and have already downloaded that extra file...also not getting the item for linking battlenet and PSN.

Phionoxx

Never played D3 vanilla or RoS before. Started with a Crusader on Expert. Hit level 22 in one sitting. Very fun and addicting game. I can see how people can lose hours upon hours to this game.

I also agree with those saying that people should give starting off on Expert a shot, you can always move it to Hard if needed. But the XP boosts and loot drops seem really good on Expert.

bronk

Banned
I have my sound effects and voice at 20%, everything else at 100%. I have no idea why the basic attack sound effect is so fucking loud, it's practically deafening.

It's not just the Crusader, because the sound of the DH's crossbow shooting bolts is 30x louder than anything else going on in the game, too.
Really? Damn did any play tester get annoyed or do they think people like to hear same sound obnoxiously loud? Ill probably do what you did with sound. Thanks.

slash3584

Okay, hit level 30. Calling it a night.

Demon Hunter gets really fun around the mid 20s.

I have my sound effects and voice at 20%, everything else at 100%. I have no idea why the basic attack sound effect is so fucking loud, it's practically deafening.

It's not just the Crusader, because the sound of the DH's crossbow shooting bolts is 30x louder than anything else going on in the game, too.

Good to hear, as I started with a Demon Hunter yesterday and got sligthy bored (I only reached level 9)

Herbshire

The crusaders basic attack is crazy fucking loud? Do I have to set my sound effects low as hell just to use him? So annoying I cant be only person that notices that. I may just play barbarian for the noise alone.

I am 100% with you - I am finding it difficult playing Crusader just from that sound.

Phionoxx

The crusaders basic attack is crazy fucking loud? Do I have to set my sound effects low as hell just to use him? So annoying I cant be only person that notices that. I may just play barbarian for the noise alone.

Yeah I noticed this too. I had to turn down the sound effects option, seems to help. Think I dropped it to 60%.

Punkroses

Local stores I pre-ordered from wasn't able to get the game on launch day, and I decided to get it straight from PSN after it launched..

Problem is I didn't realized I'll be missing out on the pre-order bonuses this way.

Am I missing out a lot?

Evo X

Local stores I pre-ordered from wasn't able to get the game on launch day, and I decided to get it straight from PSN after it launched..

Problem is I didn't realized I'll be missing out on the pre-order bonuses this way.

Am I missing out a lot?

Not really. Just a set of Pauldrons. Game is easy enough so they aren't really necessary. By the time it gets hard, you will find better gear anyway.

madp0k

Sorry it has probably been asked and answered a million times, how do I get my preorder equipment? I bought it digitally and have already downloaded that extra file...also not getting the item for linking battlenet and PSN.

I found mine in the stash box, I didn't know where to look and was expecting it to be in my inventory instead.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Is this game already fucking with anyone else's Ps4 controller? All that repeated mashing, some of my buttons feel like they're sticking now. Really, even though I got my controller at launch, it's felt perfectly fine before this game.

Oh and also, holy crap. The legendary drop rate in this version is crazy. For people who never played early Diablo 3 -- I had to play for over 100 hours to get my first Legendary. In 4 hours with this game, I've gotten around 10.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Played for about 4 hours last night, man this game is seriously f***ing adictive, this is my first Diablo game and I only bought to fill the gap until Destuiny arrives, well it's done that alright! I don't think I'd mind if Destiny was delayed for a few weeks now lol

Anyway, I don't have a single friend playing this, so if any gaffers wanna send me me a request I would be eternally grateful :)

PS4 PSN = Carver_79

Reaching 70 tonight i guess....me and my GF are totally addicted. :D Pet WD + Wizard = awesome :D

Btw: Is it possible to add PSN friends with the web browser?

Man, I still have 8 hours left in the work and camt think about anything but Diablo D:

Add me for some free legs on PSN: mocolos_usa.

i have been using the blizzard website to make new and interesting builds for my wizards and emailing myself at home :$

I also got Metro Redux 2 weeks early and havent played it once yet because ive been playing this non stop.

jrcbandit

So why exactly is Blizzard so against importing save games from the PC version for the PS4/Xbone when you can link up your Blizzard account? If it is a balance issue, it really makes 0 sense because they allowed full transfer of all hacked gear from the PS3/Xbox 360 versions already ruining the balance of the game. They could have easily made it so when you transferred the save game from the old console, it would prevent the transfer of gear with stats that aren't possible or prevent the character transfer when it detected obviously hacked gear ;p (mildly hacked gear would still get through but that isn't too unbalancing).

At the very least, I might consider getting the PS4 version if it let you transfer your Paragon points from the PC version to PS4 but I don't want to start all over again (was around 400 or so on the PC before I quit playing waiting on 2.1 patch). Allowing hacked gear from the original PS3 already significantly lowered my interest in the PS4 version, the lack of transfer of Paragon points makes my interest 0 ;p.

Wallach

Decided to try a Barbarian since I never made one in all my time on PC. Really fun on controller, even moreso than the Monk. Being able to carry your forward momentum while attacking makes such a difference.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I got sick of wearing my headset and went to use my computer speakers instead, and I see what yall mean about the sound effects being too loud. They were fine with my headset, but I had to turn them down to 20% on my speakers. Weird.

OmegaDL50

Is it worth getting the official game guide for this game? I only played an hour or so of the PC version and just jumped into the Xbox One version. Never really played any of the previous Diablo games.

I don't know what Brady is thinking outside of making just a basic outline of the game. I mean considering Blizzard did say that they will try to at least give the PS4 and XB1 versions semi-parity in terms of updates with the PC version. If the guide is written on the premise of version 2.06, then this may pose a problem because the consoles versions are being updated and will have semi-parity with the PC version in terms of updates, which will have it's own degree of changes that won't reflect in written material covered in the guide.

Once patch 2.1 comes out with it's own twist on console with Greater Rifts and Cesspools, Greed's Vault, and character tweaks and balances, which probably won't even be reflected in the guide, which will unfortunately make it out of date.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Patch_2.1 - I mean this is a considerable amount of changes, Seasons and the Ladder thing won't happen in the console versions, but the other things are something to take note of.

This going to be a similar case with the Diablo II Brady guide that is included with the Diablo Battlechest, in which the guide is completely irrelevant and outdated within one month of the game being out.

It's unfortunate, but that's the breaks, I suppose. To be safe side you might want to use the Diablo III wikia or get your information at diablo.incgamers.com

Considering the nature of these sorts of games, any sort of printed information is likely to become outdated with one to two major patches.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I bought a physical copy initially but would rather have digital. I'm guessing my physical save will also work on a digital copy, yes? I'm level 63 and would hate to start over.

Drame

Moving up the ranks. My barbarian is able to handle torment 1 on adventure mode so bring in the legendarys. I still haven't find an replacement for my vanilla neck. 100% crit dmg combined with critical hit, some rs and whopping 50% of both mf and gf. Not to forget the 8% crit hit. All all do the necks have been defensive updates so far, but my dmg drops almost 40k by changing my good old lvl 60 Squirt's Necklace.

The adventure mode is great for leveling fast. Equipped my. Crusader with Hellfire Rings and was 20 in matter of minutes. Such a enjoyable game.

Jtrizzy

wish there were a way to customize the button lay out. Also in the pc version you could unlock it so that you could use any combination of powers iirc. Not seeing that here.

LCGeek

formerly sane
So why exactly is Blizzard so against importing save games from the PC version for the PS4/Xbone when you can link up your Blizzard account? If it is a balance issue, it really makes 0 sense because they allowed full transfer of all hacked gear from the PS3/Xbox 360 versions already ruining the balance of the game. They could have easily made it so when you transferred the save game from the old console, it would prevent the transfer of gear with stats that aren't possible or prevent the character transfer when it detected obviously hacked gear ;p (mildly hacked gear would still get through but that isn't too unbalancing).

At the very least, I might consider getting the PS4 version if it let you transfer your Paragon points from the PC version to PS4 but I don't want to start all over again (was around 400 or so on the PC before I quit playing waiting on 2.1 patch). Allowing hacked gear from the original PS3 already significantly lowered my interest in the PS4 version, the lack of transfer of Paragon points makes my interest 0 ;p.

This is a bs issue they have been called on their own forums besides design philosophy.

There's no reason to separate the platforms at this point. However I can easily see they don't due to console and pc politics. MS would make this a pain and has been a pain to the industry in this area as they refuse to blend games where it makes sense. Sony seems far more open to these situations and has a history of playin nice. take the PTR 2.1. You can copy your current live over which I'm assuming is what you say you want to do from pc to console. Blizzard could do this instantly but the answer they give tends to imply money or this issue as to why they don't do this. The game would be far more healthy in terms of audience if people regardless of platform could play with each other. The current consoles and pc could be linked I don't think the 360/PS3 could be though.

People need to remember how sony and ms update their platforms is slower than pc. This is a practical problem that until they address blizzard has no reason to go out of their way to implement a solution like this. Balance is the key if neither sony or ms will keep the game as up to date as the pc this would throw off the meta instantly.

wish there were a way to customize the button lay out. Also in the pc version you could unlock it so that you could use any combination of powers iirc. Not seeing that here.

You're looking for elective mode it's the options somewhere. It's in the game I know cause my friend was showing his builds to me today.

ZenaxPure

Moving up the ranks. My barbarian is able to handle torment 1 on adventure mode so bring in the legendarys. I still haven't find an replacement for my vanilla neck. 100% crit dmg combined with critical hit, some rs and whopping 50% of both mf and gf. Not to forget the 8% crit hit. All all do the necks have been defensive updates so far, but my dmg drops almost 40k by changing my good old lvl 60 Squirt's Necklace.

Necks make me sad, pretty hard to upgrade. My witch doctor still uses a yellow one because it's so good. Getting a legendary with the 4 stats you need is suchhhh a pain.

pause and go to your gameplay settings.. i think its called elective.

also

can anybody provide some Monk tips.

Drame

Necks make me sad, pretty hard to upgrade. My witch doctor still uses a yellow one because it's so good. Getting a legendary with the 4 stats you need is suchhhh a pain.
Yeah it is, but at the same time I don't mind the grind at all. My Mempho got replaced so fast that it wasn't even funny, but Squirt's just too good.

The "put elective mode on" should be on the thread tittle. That way you can have any amount of skill from any skill category.

Jinjo

Impulse bought this on EU PSN, hope it's good. Someone tell me if the 40 gig file is the one I need to download or can I make do with the 20 gig one? Only care about english language option. My god is this convoluted as fuck, atleast they should mark which language version you're downloading.

JB_dk

Neo Member
If anyone plays on ps3 do add me: JB_dk on psn. please put diabloGAF or so in subject so i know its you :)

Will start tomorrow or so - just need 1 mill. gold for platinum in vanilla then i will stuff that UE in my ps3box :)

GlamFM

Banned
Quick question - apparently the game was downloaded twice to my PS4.

One Version is German the other one Polish (for no reason).

Can I delete one?

Top Bottom