• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

So how is the mob density?

its hardcore. there is one bit at the end of ACT V where ive never seen so many enemies in one part. The game holds up well but it chugs a little bit on the final boss.

I never thought the controller version would be better than the PC but it really is more fun to play this way.

Black Hat

Impulse bought this on EU PSN, hope it's good. Someone tell me if the 40 gig file is the one I need to download or can I make do with the 20 gig one? Only care about english language option. My god is this convoluted as fuck, atleast they should mark which language version you're downloading.

From what I've heard it is def the bigger one for English.

drotahorror

Yah that is really my question, how is it compared to PC? Has exp been adjusted to compensate for lower density, assuming it is an issue.

Seems about the same to me. I did think there seemed to be less mobs in the Depths in act 3 but I may have just got a bad dungeon. Other than that, there has been a ton of mobs everywhere. There is no issue at all.

Totally addicted to this game again.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Is this game already fucking with anyone else's Ps4 controller? All that repeated mashing, some of my buttons feel like they're sticking now. Really, even though I got my controller at launch, it's felt perfectly fine before this game.

Oh and also, holy crap. The legendary drop rate in this version is crazy. For people who never played early Diablo 3 -- I had to play for over 100 hours to get my first Legendary. In 4 hours with this game, I've gotten around 10.

My R1 trigger is really bad now it sticks all the time. I might go out and get another one today. I guess better issues with launch controllers than the console.

Quick question about couch coop!

I'm at my brothers at the weekend and we want to play together on his PS4, if I log into my account does he recognize my character through the save in the cloud?

Or do I have to download my character onto a USB-stick and upload the character on his PS4?

Thanks!

OmegaDL50

Welp.

I got a business trip to attend to.

Need to go down to Delaware for three days to do some IT related / PC repair work. (I'm from Philadelphia, so it's like an hour or so away)

The thing is, I can't bring my PS4, so no Diablo 3 for me for a few days.

Just got done playing an awesome co-op session with Pamfilius, so thanks for the game.

Well see you in a few days GAF.

Hopefully by the time I come back buddies that were level 25 or so, won't completely abandon me and leave me completely in the dust (Yeah, right, by the time I'm back you guys will all be your 50 to 70's)

It's cool though, gives me something to look forward to when I return.

Quick question about couch coop!

I'm at my brothers at the weekend and we want to play together on his PS4, if I log into my account does he recognize my character through the save in the cloud?

Or do I have to download my character onto a USB-stick and upload the character on his PS4?

Thanks!

The cloud

Skele7on

Banned
Couch co-op with flat mate last night both got it

Lame must be just over the internet then there is a problem with both of us getting it.

Hopefully this one just glitched, as having to do each one making sure the other gets the last hit is going to suck.

Weirdly I got the Blizzard achievement but not the one on the Xbox.

send out a ton of gifts this morning-only got 2 :/ seems very plausible people still don't know you have to manually send them. lol

-Packed my vita today for lunchtime remote play at work whooooo

mikeybass

Neo Member
Quick 360 question.

Does anyone know if Reaper of Souls will be available on the 360 as a standalone download for Vanilla D3 owners? Seems silly that I have to buy another disc just to get access to what is, essentially, DLC.

dyergram

Played the demo of d3 on the ps3 and it did nothing for me. I was in two minds wether to try this only but the bullet because I had nothing to play. Hopelessly addicted completely forgot how much I loved the originals game is a joy. I forgot about how great blizzard games play.

zoobzone

Played 1-70 with Torment 1/Master difficulty. I hit 70 somewhere in the middle of Act V.

Found like 10 legendaries gifts that I sent out to fellow GAF members.

The monster density in some areas are crazy, its definitely up there with PC version.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Quick 360 question.

Does anyone know if Reaper of Souls will be available on the 360 as a standalone download for Vanilla D3 owners? Seems silly that I have to buy another disc just to get access to what is, essentially, DLC.

Yes, you have to get UEE.

So what if you have to buy another disc? It's the same price as RoS on the PC

Played 1-70 with Torment 1/Master difficulty. I hit 70 somewhere in the middle of Act V.

Found like 10 legendaries gifts that I sent out to fellow GAF members.

The monster density in some areas are crazy, its definitely up there with PC version.

did it send the gifts out to ten different members? and you cant choose right?

Handy Fake

Okay, hit level 30. Calling it a night.

Demon Hunter gets really fun around the mid 20s.

I have my sound effects and voice at 20%, everything else at 100%. I have no idea why the basic attack sound effect is so fucking loud, it's practically deafening.

It's not just the Crusader, because the sound of the DH's crossbow shooting bolts is 30x louder than anything else going on in the game, too.
I've called my spider "Bob". I'm really quite attached to him toddling around after me.

Smidget

Played an hour or so co op with my brother last night on expert. My first Diablo game and his first since #1 I believe. We found it incredibly easy, although we haven't beaten the
Skeleton King
yet.

Will it eventually get harder? We've barely lost any life. I'm a crusader and he is a demon hunter.

Taz

Played an hour or so co op with my brother last night on expert. My first Diablo game and his first since #1 I believe. We found it incredibly easy, although we haven't beaten the
Skeleton King
yet.

Will it eventually get harder? We've barely lost any life. I'm a crusader and he is a demon hunter.

1 to 70 shouldn't be much of a problem it's like a huge tutorial , then when you get 70 the real game begins , completing rifts on Torment 6 is not easy

baconcow

Skeleton King
yet.

I had played D2 and D3, but my wife never saw Diablo before. We put it up to hard almost immediately and expert after a couple hours. we've died several times now, mainly die to not watching our health. Diablo never was terribly hard until the higher difficulties. Unlike D3 launch, you actually get a better choices of difficulties without needing drop rates completely. In launch D3, you had to play the broken inferior if you wanted anything good.

dalekjay

Welp.

I got a business trip to attend to.

Need to go down to Delaware for three days to do some IT related / PC repair work. (I'm from Philadelphia, so it's like an hour or so away)

The thing is, I can't bring my PS4, so no Diablo 3 for me for a few days.

Just got done playing an awesome co-op session with Pamfilius, so thanks for the game.

Well see you in a few days GAF.

Hopefully by the time I come back buddies that were level 25 or so, won't completely abandon me and leave me completely in the dust (Yeah, right, by the time I'm back you guys will all be your 50 to 70's)

It's cool though, gives me something to look forward to when I return.
Where´s your ps vita, man? C´mon put some slaying on that diablo 24/7

Helscream

Banned
Well I wrapped up Act V yesterday on Torment I. I am level 70 now and will be doing bounties/rifts today. If anyone wants to join up with me my PSN is Helscream. I'll probably stick to Torment I difficulty till I can increase my toughness.

X-Frame

Switched my Hardcore difficulty to Hard... ah, much better. I'll take the +75% boost to gold and magic find.

Btw, part 2 of my Hardcore Crusader playthrough is up:

http://youtu.be/iklmED54lkg

It won't be until part 4 where the changes to Hard difficulty will show.

Subscribed! Didn't know you had a channel.

These are great to watch as my copy of D3 was delayed for 2 days in transit. I can't fathom going Hardcore though .. the thought of 1 mistake and dying and losing everything .. *shudders*

Following for DestinyGAF gameplay too!

Well I wrapped up Act V yesterday on Torment I. I am level 70 now and will be doing bounties/rifts today. If anyone wants to join up with me my PSN is Helscream. I'll probably stick to Torment I difficulty till I can increase my toughness.

what the hell is toughness? ive not seen it as a stat before?

Played for about 2 hours last night on the ps4 and the controls don't feel as responsive or accurate as the ps3 version.

Anyone else notice something similar?

The loot compared to vanilla is pretty crazy. I went from doing 120k crits on my exported char to 1.5m crits in probably an hour of running through act 3 in RoS. This is just on hard. I think I got 2 crossbow legendaries within a few minutes of each other, I only used the one for like one mob before upgrading it...

It's cool in a way, but kind of over the top.

Min0

Would anyone recommend this game if I mostly play alone? Been dying to play something on my PS4 and this is the only game that remotely interests me, but as I said I don't play multiplayer very often.

Would anyone recommend this game if I mostly play alone? Been dying to play something on my PS4 and this is the only game that remotely interests me, but as I said I don't play multiplayer very often.
Absolutely. I play (mostly) solo too but it's still fantastic fun. If you go for it, make sure you add some of us here to your friends list. Then you'll still be able to receive gifts and enjoy the Nemesis system

mfiuza

So, anyone knows what is this new icon that's on the inventory, next to the shield (armor) ? It used to be your total health, and the icon was a heart. Now it is a plus or something, and I have no idea what it's suppose to be. Its bugging me

Top Bottom