• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

MrMuscle

Would anyone recommend this game if I mostly play alone? Been dying to play something on my PS4 and this is the only game that remotely interests me, but as I said I don't play multiplayer very often.

I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours on the PC version playing solo. And i bought it on the PS4 and will probably mostly play solo there as well. Its definitely a great buy.

lionpants

So, anyone knows what is this new icon that's on the inventory, next to the shield (armor) ? It used to be your total health, and the icon was a heart. Now it is a plus or something, and I have no idea what it's suppose to be. Its bugging me
I believe it's your survivability, which includes life regen, etc. They're changing the icon to that in the next PC patch as well.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
does the artisan's levels carry over between characters? i want to have one melee character (thinking monk) in addition to my demon hunter.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Any word on the game's performance with a lot of monsters on screen ?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Would anyone recommend this game if I mostly play alone? Been dying to play something on my PS4 and this is the only game that remotely interests me, but as I said I don't play multiplayer very often.

I'm going solo. Might try multiplayer at some point down the road, but I want to experience and explore the game at my leisure.

Anyone else having difficulties linking their PSN to Battle.net?

I follow the links, and according to Battle.Net, both my PSN and Xbox Live accounts are linked. Yet, when I try to import my old 360 save (don't have the original disc), it says cannot find PS3 save (which is not what I played the original on), and cannot get the Legendary Ring.

I deleted my Wizard and started again on Expert. This is more like it :D

I also rolled a Witch Doctor. Not bad, so far (only level 6 or so). Still kinda like the Wizard more.

mfiuza

I believe it's your survivability, which includes life regen, etc. They're changing the icon to that in the next PC patch as well.

Sounds about right. I tested with life per second in a crossbow, and it increases with the same amount as the ability. But its strange, I really liked how you could control how much life you had without the need to go to the full description of your character. It was easier and faster.

Okay so I played through the game to level 70 with a crusader on pc and now playing on console again.

I have no idea how a few systems work because every time ive played ive said "ehhh maybe 15 mins" and im there for 4 hours.

Im a monk right now.

Do my left and right hand weapons matter? If a weapon has higher defense (or armor rating or whatever) why do some weapons still display as being "better" with a lower rating? Whats the point of the artisans? I always level the hell out of them but only ever find like 2-3 pieces of equipment, so whats the best way to utilize the blacksmith, enchanter, etc. What should I do with gems? Save them or slot them?

BokehKing

Banned
Anyone else having difficulties linking their PSN to Battle.net?

I follow the links, and according to Battle.Net, both my PSN and Xbox Live accounts are linked. Yet, when I try to import my old 360 save (don't have the original disc), it says cannot find PS3 save (which is not what I played the original on), and cannot get the Legendary Ring.

I deleted my Wizard and started again on Expert. This is more like it :D

I also rolled a Witch Doctor. Not bad, so far (only level 6 or so). Still kinda like the Wizard more.
You need the original 360 game, download the new patch on there and export the save.

It actually didn't work the first time for me and had to power up the 360 again last night and export before my ps4 grabbed it.

First time ever playing a Diablo game and I really like it.

It's been a while since I played a game in this genre. Baldur's Gate on the PS2 was awesome and I'm getting that same vibe again here. Great stuff.

Really easy to get into and addictive. Loot is plentiful and that keeps it interesting.

Just hit level 10 now and have unlocked a few new powers and specials.

Having a ton of fun playing it.

Daximuss

Played last night with Jafku, Jon Bones, and Juan_Solo and had a blast. For those that have not had the chance to play with a full group yet, I'd highly recommend it.

Blizzard went above and beyond with this version of Diablo III. The Nemesis and friend gifting features are such great additions to an already amazing experience.

Smidget

What's the penalty for death anyway? 2 player co-op. What if I die? Can I rejoin the other player? Just wondering! Haven't gotten there yet....

dyergram

I haven't played multiplayer and it's fun so far.

I just received an email from Amazon telling that they will not be able to fulfill my order and that all digital pre-orders will be cancelled because of some error with the "Buy" button for the game.

zoobzone

Did it bother anyone else that when you try to gamble items with Blood shard. It takes time for every click as if you need to craft the gambled item, where as in the PC version I'm pretty sure it's just right click and the item pops up in your inventory instantly.

It takes quite a while if I want to burn through all my shards on the console game.

mfiuza

Got killed yesterday on act V. Played some more, my Nemesis appeared, scared the shit out of me, but I killed it.

Strange since I didn't know how that worked, but it was awesome.

OmegaDL50

Quick 360 question.

Does anyone know if Reaper of Souls will be available on the 360 as a standalone download for Vanilla D3 owners? Seems silly that I have to buy another disc just to get access to what is, essentially, DLC.

Game is $40. RoS on PC is $40.

Even if it was an update you likely be paying the same price anyways.

Then there is the overall balance changes to items, classes, skills. I'm talking about going from what is effectively v1.0.8 on PC to v2.0.6 which very large change log.

Another consideration is the old PS3 and 360 versions had trophies based on the old difficulty modes (Beat Skeleton King on Normal, Beat Skeleton King on Inferno)

Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno no longer exist and an entirely new difficulty system was implemented. Which means several Trophies / Achievements no longer even work with the new system in place.

Those are just things I can mention off of just memory. There is probably a bunch of other differences.

It's probably better off being a standalone re-release all things considered.

Did it bother anyone else that when you try to gamble items with Blood shard. It takes time for every click as if you need to craft the gambled item, where as in the PC version I'm pretty sure it's just right click and the item pops up in your inventory instantly.

It takes quite a while if I want to burn through all my shards on the console game.

Are there any other changes to that system? Because if it's otherwise the same that would get ungodly annoying real quickly. I mean I often filled up to 500shards and then spend them all on 5shard rolls, which means 100 times...

You need the original 360 game, download the new patch on there and export the save.

It actually didn't work the first time for me and had to power up the 360 again last night and export before my ps4 grabbed it.

I could have sworn they said that there was a way to do it without having to use an original copy of Diablo 3?

Meh, doesn't matter. I think I only had a level 20 or so Monk on 360. Can easily start again. Just wish I knew how to get the damn ring to activate.

zoobzone

Are there any other changes to that system? Because if it's otherwise the same that would get ungodly annoying real quickly. I mean I often filled up to 500shards and then spend them all on 5shard rolls, which means 100 times...

I don't know what the cap for the shard is in the console version, max I ever held was around 300 shards.

It just takes a long time to spend them, and there isn't even an option to choose how many you want to buy.

HGStormy

Banned
Is anyone else's cutscenes totally messed up? The audio levels seem totally off. The music is loud but I can barely hear what Leah is saying.

Game is $40. RoS on PC is $40.

Even if it was an update you likely be paying the same price anyways.

Then there is the overall balance changes to items, classes, skills. I'm talking about going from what is effectively v1.0.8 on PC to v2.0.6 which very large change log.

Another consideration is the old PS3 and 360 versions had trophies based on the old difficulty modes (Beat Skeleton King on Normal, Beat Skeleton King on Inferno)

Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno no longer exist and an entirely new difficulty system was implemented. Which means several Trophies / Achievements no longer even work with the new system in place.

Those are just things I can mention off of just memory. There is probably a bunch of other differences.

It's probably better off being a standalone re-release all things considered.

Yeah, it's quite different. It has more/different visual effects, UI elements, elite affixes, stats, and probably more that I haven't noticed yet.

Drewfonse

Ridiculously addictive game. Still in Act 1, Level 20 Wizard, starting to tear shit up. I upped the difficulty from Hard to Master after a few hrs, and it's just right.

Stupid Question: if I equip an item that says +5 Arcane, do my Arcane spells immediately hit harder?

Loving this.

Ridiculously addictive game. Still in Act 1, Level 20 Wizard, starting to tear shit up. I upped the difficulty from Hard to Master after a few hrs, and it's just right.

Stupid Question: if I equip an item that says +5 Arcane, do my Arcane spells immediately hit harder?

Loving this.

You mean if it says something like arcane spells do 15% more damage? Then ya

Admodieus

does the artisan's levels carry over between characters? i want to have one melee character (thinking monk) in addition to my demon hunter.

Yup, along with any blueprints you've given them. Hardcore is handled separately though, although all hardcore characters share an artisan as well.

Finished Act 2 last night, sitting at 32 with my Demon Hunter. Things are moving along quite well now, Belial dropped a legendary crossbow for me so I'm looking forward to using that in Act 3. Found a couple of legendaries and mailed them out last night, killed somebody's nemesis, got killed by somebody else's nemesis (had him really low but got pulled in to him at the last second) and had both my artisans sitting at Level 10. Hoping to beat the campaign by the weekend so I can start running bounties.

h3ro

If you die, do you get a message stating that a Nemesis has been created?

I have my Online settings set to Friends only. Will that prevent a Nemesis from invading my game?

Went from a fresh start to Lvl 20 with my Crusdader on Expert. What a blast! Really starting to do some damage. Not many Legendary drops yet though. Only thing I wish I did differently was I should have started with a female Crusader and named her Brienne of Tarth.

Great class though, loving the mix of melee and ranged attacks. I think I'll go DH next (named Bayonetta obviously).

I've yet to see anyone else's Nemesis yet, hoping it's not my connection settings. I'd hate to miss out on that part of the game. PSN ID is m0nkeyhero if you'd like to add me.

Admodieus

It says +5 Maximum Arcane power, so duh on my part.

Arcane Power is the resource for Wizards (similar to mana), so +5 Max Arcane Power is just adding to that resource pool.

If you see an affix say "+5% to Arcane abilities/damage" then that is for arcane attacks. Look for the percentage symbol.

Balancing is best when you play solo (it gets too easy in Coop), so yeah, definitely.

Daximuss

What's the penalty for death anyway? 2 player co-op. What if I die? Can I rejoin the other player? Just wondering! Haven't gotten there yet....
When you die, you take a 10% durability hit to your equipped gear. You can respawn at your corpse, in town, or at last waypoint.

Got to the second level after obtaining the skeleton king crown. Playing as a Crusader (lvl 16) on Expert and until then I had no problems with the mobs and bosses. But now in this part I totally suck and already died multiple times. Not died once in the first 16 levels, never came close to dying.

What am I doing wrong?

Got to the second level after obtaining the skeleton king crown. Playing as a Crusader (lvl 16) on Expert and until then I had no problems with the mobs and bosses. But now in this part I totally suck and already died multiple times. Not died once in the first 16 levels, never came close to dying.

What am I doing wrong?

are you upgrading the blacksmith? sometimes its better to build or even buy better gear from the merchants if nothing is dropping for you.

spend that gold

switch up your skills too perhaps-

pixlexic

Banned

What am I doing wrong?

When you get stuck it is usually bad equipment.

are you upgrading the blacksmith? sometimes its better to build or even buy better gear from the merchants if nothing is dropping for you.

spend that gold

switch up your skills too perhaps-

I think I spent way too much for upgrading the blacksmith, lots of items that are way above my lvl and no ingredients as it seems I only get the needed stuff from yellow weapons and armor. I don't find that much yellow stuff :(

But thanks for your replies, will look for ways to better my equipment!

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I played up to level 20 last night and there were some really huge monster packs, no slowdown at all and i was annihilating them with huge AOE's and explosions. Felt great

Great to know....even after getting level 270 on the PC I'm gonna get this.

How do multiplayer characters get saved in this game? I'm going to have a bunch of friends over for 4player this weekend and I wasn't sure if it will be better to have them all sign in with their own PSN accounts or if we should just make 4 characters on my account. Anyone know how this works on ps4?

I think I spent way too much for upgrading the blacksmith, lots of items that are way above my lvl and no ingredients as it seems I only get the needed stuff from yellow weapons and armor. I don't find that much yellow stuff :(

But thanks for your replies, will look for ways to better my equipment!

try dropping difficulty for a little bit and when better gear drops back out and bump it up again-:)

Garryk

Got to level 21 on my Wizard playing on Expert. I almost lowered the difficulty but I got a couple of great upgrades and now I'm destroying the world. Got a few 50+ massacres so far with Arcane Torrent.

After putting around 100 hours into the PC version, comfy couch with controller D3 is pretty damn close to definitive version IMO.

Top Bottom