• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

OmegaDL50

I think I spent way too much for upgrading the blacksmith, lots of items that are way above my lvl and no ingredients as it seems I only get the needed stuff from yellow weapons and armor. I don't find that much yellow stuff :(

But thanks for your replies, will look for ways to better my equipment!

Are you selling your old equipment? Don't

Salvage it at the Blacksmith instead, That is how you get ingredients for crafting. Set all of the items you don't need as Junk and Salvage the whole lot and you'll be getting enough Crafting materials to make your own stuff.

You get all the Gold you'll need for just picking piles of it on the ground (Until you get the Mystic at least, which then Gold becomes vastly more important due to the ever increasing costs for Enchanting)

I had a laugh last night, got my girlfriend to play, she goes, I dont wanna I'll just watch. Explained everything and it's so easy to grasp, two hours later, you know Diablo Time Warp, she's "oooh new shoes" lol. This is a great coop game.

I have my sound effects and voice at 20%, everything else at 100%. I have no idea why the basic attack sound effect is so fucking loud, it's practically deafening.

It's not just the Crusader, because the sound of the DH's crossbow shooting bolts is 30x louder than anything else going on in the game, too.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was having this problem. It was really obnoxious until I turned the effects WAY down. It was scaring my dog every time I attacked!

Garryk

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was having this problem. It was really obnoxious until I turned the effects WAY down. It was scaring my dog every time I attacked!

I woke up at 5 in the morning y'day to play and turned the volume down to the next to lowest setting and it was still loud, but if I turn it down one more it's basically muted. :p

I enjoyed playing coop but I think playing solo gives you more intimacy to explore and pay attention to the story. Playing coop sometimes feels like a little rushed and things get a little confusing when fighting against monsters. I wish we could zoom out the camera a little while playing coop.
Games is addicting!

Admodieus

For the Belial boss fight, I loved the way the camera is now. Feels like an action game boss fight instead of the way the PC game was.

Chorazin

Picked this up yesterday, and having not played a Diablo title since the first in college, I'm loving this! Combat feels great and just arcade-y enough to scratch that sort of itch, the loot is obviously awesome, and the graphics are sweet. My Crusader is near level 20 already and I'm playing on Expert, only died once but had some amazing close call battles.

Thinking about picking up the PS4 version. I know Gamestop had some preorder bonuses... but does anybody know if the Shadow of the Colassaus pauldrons were part of that? I would love to be able to obtain those, but I did not preorder.

Playing this game brings me back to my childhood when I was playing rpg board games with friends! Love the details during the story telling like when you get to the Skeleton King sitting on his throne!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What is the deal with the sound design in this game?

In-game cutscene voices absolutely scream out of the rear speakers. Walking around voices are barely audible at all.

And the attack sounds are like thirty times louder than anything else, and they're all coming out of the back speakers?

Was the sound engineer drunk?

This is seriously like the 6th or 7th PS4 game with atrocious sound design.

What the hell is going on here? I can't think of a single game from the PS3/360 era off the top of my head with such blatantly shit sound design. And now we're on the 6th on the PS4, and that's just from the games I've played. There are actually MORE games I've played on the PS4 that had absolutely broken sound design than there are that have even slightly average/passable design. And I'm by no means an audio snob. This stuff is just broken.

Dave_6

I've never played a Diablo game before but this has piqued my interest for some reason. Should I buy it? (PS4 version)

I had a laugh last night, got my girlfriend to play, she goes, I dont wanna I'll just watch. Explained everything and it's so easy to grasp, two hours later, you know Diablo Time Warp, she's "oooh new shoes" lol. This is a great coop game.

Yeah can't wait to get home tonight and start playing with my wife. Hype!

Voidance

It really is a wonderful co-op game. I can't wait to play it tonight with my fiancee. Her barbarian complements my wizard so well.

theDeeDubs

Almost to Act 3 with my Hardcore Crusader, but spent the rest of last night couch co-oping with my wife as a WD/Monk team. Had a blast.

Only gripes are (and they've always been my gripes) is that weapons feel like just stat sticks, and I wish I could design the look of my own character. I don't want to get this bad ass loot and it just be a loin cloth ;p. I wish they reserved the "class look" armor for class specific armor rarer drops and just had the more standard armor look the same (like Final Fantasy 11). This is just a personal gripe though.

In-game cutscene voices absolutely scream out of the rear speakers. Walking around voices are barely audible at all.

And the attack sounds are like thirty times louder than anything else, and they're all coming out of the back speakers?

What the hell is going on here? I can't think of a single game from the PS3/360 era off the top of my head with such blatantly shit sound design. And now we're on the 6th on the PS4, and that's just from the games I've played. There are actually MORE games I've played on the PS4 that had absolutely broken sound design than there are that have even slightly average/passable design. And I'm by no means an audio snob. This stuff is just broken.

I agree with this, I had to turn my receiver down like 20 notches below where I normally keep it, the sound seems wrong in some way. Attack sounds are way too loud so I turned them down to 50% in the audio options but it still seems pretty weird. D3 has always been a game I played to my own music so I'll probably end up solving it that way.

I agree with this, I had to turn my receiver down like 20 notches below where I normally keep it, the sound seems wrong in some way. Attack sounds are way too loud so I turned them down to 50% in the audio options but it still seems pretty weird. D3 has always been a game I played to my own music so I'll probably end up solving it that way.

My attack sounds are at 40 percent, im on xbox one. They only now sound even with everything else at 100%

Daximuss

Thinking about picking up the PS4 version. I know Gamestop had some preorder bonuses... but does anybody know if the Shadow of the Colassaus pauldrons were part of that? I would love to be able to obtain those, but I did not preorder.

All Playstation copies include the Colossus transmog set as well as The Last of Us rift. All first run copies of the game have a slip of paper inside the case that contain a code for the Infernal Pauldrons and some other goodies.

When you first get to New Tristram at the beginning of your playthrough, check your stash for these items

It's like they had no idea what they were doing, didn't care, or had some technical issue that prevented them from being able to mix everything together. It's the same problems as vanilla. You'd think that making another actual release of the game, it would be an opportunity to make it right. Nope.

The best is the music volume. Most of the music is almost inaudibly quiet, then something dramatic is happening like entering Leoric Passage and BWUUUUUUMMMMM HOLY SHIT

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
My attack sounds are at 40 percent, im on xbox one. They only now sound even with everything else at 100%

What does "They only now sound even with everything else at 100%" mean?

And can you turn down just the attack effects? I seem to remember only seeing an "effects" slider, and I assumed that would turn down not only attack effects but any other sound effects other than voices and music?

JP

Crazy isn't it, I don't know what they he'll they've done to the audio. Pretty sure the PS3 version was balanced this poorly. Even having messed around with the settings myself it just doesn't sound quite right for some reason. I really hate it when games don't have decent audio options, The Last of Us was a revelation for me.

Hopefully it's something they'll be able to patch as I can't imagine it's intentional.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Crazy isn't it, I don't know what they he'll they've done to the audio. Pretty sure the PS3 version was balanced this poorly. Even having messed around with the settings myself it just doesn't sound quite right for some reason. I really hate it when games don't have decent audio options, The Last of Us was a revelation for me.

Hopefully it's something they'll be able to patch as I can't imagine it's intentional.

I wonder if setting the console to only output stereo would fix it. I'm willing to do that as the mix is so goddamn terrible it's actually making the game obnoxious to play.

Chorazin

All Playstation copies include the Colossus transmog set as well as The Last of Us rift. All first run copies of the game have a slip of paper inside the case that contain a code for the Infernal Pauldrons and some other goodies.

When you first get to New Tristram at the beginning of your playthrough, check your stash for these items

I didn't have those in my stash, just the ring for connecting to Battle.net, and the Pauldrons for entering the code in my copy.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
what do you do when you have more skills you want to use then the number of slots you have available

That's where the game's magic is. You'll have to choose them wisely to build the best combo possible.
Don't forget that elemental damage it's the most important aspect of the game.
Combine the elemental damage of your loot with the same element of your skills = brutal damage !

Daximuss

I didn't have those in my stash, just the ring for connecting to Battle.net, and the Pauldrons for entering the code in my copy.

When at your stash, scroll to the bag icon on your radial wheel then open the boxes on right of screen. One will be an item written in latin (which is your spectral hound), the next box you click will show what looks like books (these are your transmog recipes).

They are learned patterns from books, on your character, equipment pane, item slot. Mine were not in the stash.
Edit: Beaten by seconds! BLAST YOU, PHONE!

Chesskid1

Banned
That's where the game's magic is. You'll have to choose them wisely to build the best combo possible.
Don't forget that elemental damage it's the most important aspect of the game.
Combine the elemental damage of your loot with the same element of your skills = brutal damage !

heh, thanks for the advice.

feel like the limited slots is a limitation of playing on a console but for the controller support it's worth it i suppose (never played PC version)

it's a bummer because i like all my current skills and leaving one in the background that really helps with mobs annoys me hardcore but i'll get over it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've never played a Diablo game before but this has piqued my interest for some reason. Should I buy it? (PS4 version)

I think it's time, son. Your mother and I have been thinking about this long and hard... we went back and forth... but we have made up our minds. We think... now, don't take this personally... but we think it's time you made your own decisions in life. I know, I know, deciding whether to buy a video game is difficult, and no one wants to make that decision on their own... We get that. We do. But we've equipped you with the tools to make that decision. Now, go forth and decide!!

In other news, I know it's been said before, but as much as I love playing a crusader, I kinda wish I went with a different class. So far I've only seen other crusaders in my games. But crusaders and controllers really were made for each other.

Here is the first 15 frames of my Time Lapse Photo project.

I'll get the other 55 frames in due time. The finished project won't look this terrible. The original images are high quality 1440x709 PNG, which I plan to make either a Webm or APNG with once I figure out how that works.

rxajgv.gif

I love this so far! Keep it up. :)

Related to this screen, can anybody explain what the 3 numbers directly below the inventory are for? I believe the sword and shield are related to attack and defense but what does the + symbol mean. I have been scouring the webs and can't find and explanation of this. Thanks in advance!

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
heh, thanks for the advice.

feel like the limited slots is a limitation of playing on a console but for the controller support it's worth it i suppose (never played PC version)

it's a bummer because i like all my current skills and leaving one in the background that really helps with mobs annoys me hardcore but i'll get over it.

The PC version it's same thing. The game was build around choosing a few of the available skills.

BFIB

After so many hours in the PC version, and PS3 version, its just insane how great it feels to crush enemies and send them flying.

One thing Blizzard nailed, and that's the feeling that you are a true badass in that regard.

SJRB

Gold Member
There's some kind of sensory overload going on with this game, after playing for an hour or two I'm dead tired. I don't know what's with the audio mix but I've put the effects volume down to 20% and it's still kinda insane. Strange shifts in volume too at the most random moments.

After so many hours in the PC version, and PS3 version, its just insane how great it feels to crush enemies and send them flying.

One thing Blizzard nailed, and that's the feeling that you are a true badass in that regard.

Perfect combination of arcade and ARPG/Loot. It's a masterpiece.

what are you using- heaphones? a reciever?- etc audio mix is fine out of my 9.2 reciever and as stated my headset

5.1 headphones. The volume level of things are all over the map- some effects are too loud, some are soft, the music varies wildly. I have to play around with the levels in the options to get something usable.

Top Bottom