• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Smidget

When at your stash, scroll to the bag icon on your radial wheel then open the boxes on right of screen. One will be an item written in latin (which is your spectral hound), the next box you click will show what looks like books (these are your transmog recipes).

Are those transmogs one time use only? Sorry if I'm asking a million questions, new to it and also not very far in so not sure if things are explained better as I keep playing :)

Badgerst3

Almost done with act 1.

Does anyone else toggle between heroes and sorta leap frog? It's pretty cool.

Last night I kept alternating between crusader and DH. Need to just pick one.

Without a doubt crusader gets better drops.

5.1 headphones. The volume level of things are all over the map- some effects are too loud, some are soft, the music varies wildly. I have to play around with the levels in the options to get something usable.

hmm thats annoying- I'll check my in game audio settings and see if I messed with them-

Is that a surround headset or a two channel headset?

virtual 7.1: actually good sound- and super comfy/simple to use-

BokehKing

Banned
How does free mail /inbox Legendaries work? Do I have to send some of my legendary gear out to random gaffes to receive, will I only receiving one character?

antitrop

Even with the Golds, I still have to turn the sound effects down to like 50-60%, but not 20-30% like if I'm using my TV speakers.

I hope they patch that.

Chorazin

When at your stash, scroll to the bag icon on your radial wheel then open the boxes on right of screen. One will be an item written in latin (which is your spectral hound), the next box you click will show what looks like books (these are your transmog recipes).

Thanks! I'll check that next time I play. :)

LCGeek

formerly sane
Any tips/link on a solid WD pet build?

Mask of Jarem
Tall man finger
Tasker and Theo
Starmetal

Start looking for those.

Only gripes are (and they've always been my gripes) is that weapons feel like just stat sticks, and I wish I could design the look of my own character. I don't want to get this bad ass loot and it just be a loin cloth ;p. I wish they reserved the "class look" armor for class specific armor rarer drops and just had the more standard armor look the same (like Final Fantasy 11). This is just a personal gripe though.

It's early game that's what a lot of things are till you start getting certain legendaries or set items.

As for the design of your own character that comes when you get myriam and start using transmogrification

Daximuss

I mentioned one of these tips earlier in thread but I feel it's worth repeating:

When you first enter the game, press your "options" button on the PS4 and scroll down to options, then gameplay. Next, put a checkmark next to "Elective Mode" and also next to "Show advanced tooltips".

Elective mode gives the player the freedom to slot whatever unlocked skill the player has access to, to any button or trigger on their controller.

Showing advanced tooltips gives a more thorough explanation of skills, both active and passive, and other details.

Enabling both of these options will help you first time Diablo players.

ttocs

Almost done with act 1.

Does anyone else toggle between heroes and sorta leap frog? It's pretty cool.

Last night I kept alternating between crusader and DH. Need to just pick one.

Without a doubt crusader gets better drops.

I did the same thing with the same classes. On the PC, I played the hell out of my Wizard. I didn't want to just play the same class so I'm trying to decide between the Crusader and the Demon Hunter. I think Demon Hunter is going to win for my first playthrough of the story on consoles but I'll be coming back to the Crusader.

So I started a crusader just for the hell of it on expert and I'm not sure I'm happy with the class. I normally don't choose the brawlers in ARPGs as I prefer ranged characters like the demon hunter or wizard. The enemies seem to take forever to kill and if I hit an elite mob I'm attacking, rolling away, attacking, rolling away, etc. for what seems like forever. I'm only level 10 but can someone please tell me the Crusader gets way better by level 15.

I already have a level 60 demon hunter that I imported and I want to know if I should bother keeping the crusader.

antitrop

I would say comparable to high-

although after hundreds of hours playing on ultra on PC-its better IMO on PS4- no lag which really pissed me off in HC.

Yeah, it's definitely not quite as pretty as the PC version with all the bells and whistles turned on, but it's looks reasonably enough the same that most people wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

I'm actually damn surprised how well the framerate held up on my journey from 1-30 yesterday. Much better than I would have expected.

I hated the original Diablo 3 but heard a lot of positive things about RoS especially the PS4 version. Should I give this game a second chance?

LCGeek

formerly sane
So I started a crusader just for the hell of it on expert and I'm not sure I'm happy with the class. I normally don't choose the brawlers in ARPGs as I prefer ranged characters like the demon hunter or wizard. The enemies seem to take forever to kill and if I hit an elite mob I'm attacking, rolling away, attacking, rolling away, etc. for what seems like forever. I'm only level 10 but can someone please tell me the Crusader gets way better by level 15.

I already have a level 60 demon hunter that I imported and I want to know if I should bother keeping the crusader.

Crusader is a bursting beast and doesn't take off till much later in the game. Stick with and when you get your set items just flail away.

I hated the original Diablo 3 but heard a lot of positive things about RoS especially the PS4 version. Should I give this game a second chance?

D3 vanilla sucks something fierce compared to ROS D3. Yes it's better in so many ways. ROS PS4 is rock solid.

antitrop

What did you hate about it? Because some things about Diablo III were forever broken and incapable of being set right, and some things were not and were easily fixed in patches or RoS.

eliochip

So theres a Passive Skill for crusader that lets me use a 2 handed weapon with shield

Is there a reason for me to go for 1 handed weapons ?

Salz01

There is no way to zoom in like there is on PC right? I can't figure it out if there is.
Also, I hope that when they release the next expansion, that we can just add it to this, and not have to buy the game all over again. It would piss me off greatly to buy the core game all over yet again on ps4. I hope they thought ahead and we can just download the exp.

for sound settings in game I am using:

100 master
90 music
80 effects
80 voice
90 ambient

(sorry it took a minute running had to wait for my vita to connect with my PS4 at home-did this remotely)

I can post my sony golds setting later

for me everything is fine-nothing blownout/nothing too loud, this is with/without using the mic as well.

After so many hours in the PC version, and PS3 version, its just insane how great it feels to crush enemies and send them flying.

One thing Blizzard nailed, and that's the feeling that you are a true badass in that regard.

That's one of the reasons why I can't get into other Diablo clones, they just don't have that feeling that Diablo gives the player, the awesome effects and great loot.

Derpcrawler

Got almost every achievement (1 for getting all quests in Act 3 bugged out at 100% without unlocking), only grindy ones left. Got from level 1 to 70 in Hardcore mode on Expert difficulty in a day. Feels good man, gonna hit rifts and bounties hard tomorrow.

Picked up game mainly because I want to play Hardcore, lost 870k unbuffed DPS WD on PC couple of month ago when Blizzard server randomly shat itself and lot of HC people died because of that.

slSTAM0.png
My WD on Xbox One:

Xenon

I was able to put in a few hours into this last night, would have been more but the Mrs wanted to watch The Killing S4. I started with the monk and got to the point I rescued the girl's uncle. I'm not sure I'm going to stick with him. I was hoping for a punch and kick button to fix it up a bit. His specials are ok but they lack feeling of connecting with the enemies. Maybe I'll try the Barbarian. I'm saving the Crusader for my second play through.

Is there documentation that I can get to from the XBO version of the game, beyond the limited help menu?

BFIB

I lowered everything down to 50%, minus the music volume which is at 100%. Seems like a good balance, but I do agree. Sound mix needs a patch fix.

Got almost every achievement (1 for getting all quests in Act 3 bugged out at 100% without unlocking), only grindy ones left. Got from level 1 to 70 in Hardcore mode on Expert difficulty in a day. Feels good man, gonna hit rifts and bounties hard tomorrow.

Picked up game mainly because I want to play Hardcore, lost 870k unbuffed DPS WD on PC couple of month ago when Blizzard server randomly shat itself and lot of HC people died because of that.

slSTAM0.png

My WD on Xbox One:

NWAt0Wf.png

1 to 70 in a day on Hardcore... now that's hardcore o_O

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I also use this headset from Sony and it's fantastic. It's on sale for $79 on amazon right now which is a good deal.

These are pretty good quality? I've had a wireless headset in the past and it was constantly buzzing with radio interference...

antitrop

These are pretty good quality? I've had a wireless headset in the past and it was constantly buzzing with radio interference...
I bought some a few weeks ago for The Last of Us and I really like them. The virtual 7.1 is pretty solid (although I don't use it for Diablo III), and I haven't heard any interference in my bedroom.

They're comfortable, wireless, have officially supported PS4 configuration software, and have a built-in mic (of questionable quality).

faer0n

Almost to Act 3 with my Hardcore Crusader, but spent the rest of last night couch co-oping with my wife as a WD/Monk team. Had a blast.

Only gripes are (and they've always been my gripes) is that weapons feel like just stat sticks, and I wish I could design the look of my own character. I don't want to get this bad ass loot and it just be a loin cloth ;p. I wish they reserved the "class look" armor for class specific armor rarer drops and just had the more standard armor look the same (like Final Fantasy 11). This is just a personal gripe though.

it is possible to transmogrify your equipment. so it is possible for an axe to look like a sword etc. its the merchant woman you get in the 5. act

It's the same on PC.

Sound effects are amped the fuck up. I have to lower sound effects down to 5 and everything else I leave at 50 or higher.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Keep in mind that you are buying $80 headset, and I think you'll be pleased with the quality. Obviously they are not as good as a top end headset, but I think they are more than adequate. I haven't had any interference.

I have everything cranked in the sound settings and I haven't noticed any issues on my Onkyo 7.1 set, but then again I haven't really put the volume above 7 on my speakers.

that also may be why it isnt so messed up for me- I rarely play super loud- ...again-will post my headset settings when I get home if anyone wants to copy and see if they like it (for Sony Golds)

Agreed. Even 10% is too loud on my soundbar. It's crazy. I also don't hear any music even when cranked to 100%
I played using my gold headset. Every punch was a punch to the ear drums. Turned it waaaay down and it still was loud enough to annoy me. Had to turn the headset volume down.

Handy Fake

yes. go to the merchant with a diamond symbol

no, u can transmog all your items in the style of your recipes infinite times

Yup, Covetous Shen will do it for you.

Champion, cheers.

I'm pretty sure you can salvage it and get the gem back if you are replacing the item. Another option if you don't want to pay a lot of gold for the higher-level gem removals.

Tried salvaging it and it disappeared like. I assume it did anyway unless it went straight to my inventory without telling me. No biggie like, was just a shard or wotnot.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have a PSN account but my daughter doesn't. When we play together on the couch, it says we are LAN only. Does this affect loot drops? In other words, does this disconnect us from battle.net and the D3 servers?

Top Bottom