• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Hmm, not sure if I should bump up the difficulty from Hard to Expert. For the most part, my level 9 monk rocks and rolls but I've already run into some instances (tons of undead and some poison spewing guys) that gave me a lot of trouble-- didn't really come close to dying but I had to do a TON of ducking and diving and running around, thank goodness it was an open area.

I suppose I can dip my toe into Expert, test it, and go back if it gets too hard. I like that you can switch the difficulty on the fly.

Garryk

Champion, cheers.

Tried salvaging it and it disappeared like. I assume it did anyway unless it went straight to my inventory without telling me. No biggie like, was just a shard or wotnot.

I haven't done it on PS4, but on PC the gem goes into your inventory without notification. I didn't start doing this until the cost to remove a gem was several thousand gold.

I'm pretty sure you can salvage it and get the gem back if you are replacing the item. Another option if you don't want to pay a lot of gold for the higher-level gem removals.

always salvage to get a gem out- unless its a level 70 item/weapon- you will always find something better to put it in.

edit:gems go back into your inventory automatically-

antitrop

Hmm, not sure if I should bump up the difficulty from Hard to Expert.

I suppose I can dip my toe into Expert, test it, and go back if it gets too hard. I like that you can switch the difficulty on the fly.
giphy.gif

Expert is still easy if you've ever played an action RPG before. Only way to die is to make a mistake and get trapped in a corner and beat down.

Falifax

Couldn't resist and bought the PS4 version after hearing many great things about it and how great it plays on the Vita.

Fell free to add me on PSN: Falifax

boofa

Neo Member
I hated the original Diablo 3 but heard a lot of positive things about RoS especially the PS4 version. Should I give this game a second chance?

Got a buddy how didn't like D3 on PC but is now hooked on UEE for PS4, so definitely give it another try.

Handy Fake

Should be inventory

I haven't done it on PS4, but on PC the gem goes into your inventory without notification. I didn't start doing this until the cost to remove a gem was several thousand gold.

always salvage to get a gem out- unless its a level 70 item/weapon- you will always find something better to put it in.

edit:gems go back into your inventory automatically-

Much appreciated.

What did you hate about it? Because some things about Diablo III were forever broken and incapable of being set right, and some things were not and were easily fixed in patches or RoS.

I can't exactly pinpoint things that I disliked from vanilla Diablo 3, but I guess it was boring. I have no desire to replay the game after I completed it.

Also I'm probably gonna play this game solo because I don't have friends to play with. Am I still gonna enjoy this game?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Hmm, not sure if I should bump up the difficulty from Hard to Expert. For the most part, my level 9 monk rocks and rolls but I've already run into some instances (tons of undead and some poison spewing guys) that gave me a lot of trouble-- didn't really come close to dying but I had to do a TON of ducking and diving and running around, thank goodness it was an open area.

Expert is seriously a cake walk. Diablo 3 has a really screwed up difficulty system.

If they still forced you to play through on Normal before unlocking Hard, like in the PC version, I would be absolutely bored to tears again. I couldn't get past Act 1 on PC because it was so ridiculously easy and boring.

I'm actually getting bored on Expert and wished I could bump it further but the next one seems to be locked.

antitrop

I can't exactly pinpoint things that I disliked from vanilla Diablo 3, but I guess it was boring. I have no desire to replay the game after I completed it.

Also I'm probably gonna play this game solo because I don't have friends to play with. Am I still gonna enjoy this game?
You get way better loot now, the game is too easy, and the story still sucks, so I'm going to say probably not.

Handy Fake

You get way better loot now, the game is too easy, and the story still sucks, so I'm going to say probably not.

First time on it here, me and out boy are just ambling through it on Normal mode.

I was just saying last night that we seem to be a little overpowered.

I have played Diablo 3 on PC for at least 250 hours across all classes, all but 2 are level 70 and Paragon level 64,yet I still picked it up on PS4.

I'm glad I did I don't know if I'm the only one getting this feeling but it reminds me of playing Gauntlet on the PlayStation 1(which I loved), it just feels different to the PC version.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Vanilla stuck especially if you were a launch player, I did the same and quite a few people of the fanbase did as well.

Solo play is just fine it's still better than bad players. You don't get certain bonuses but the game scales and adjust to players so you're all good. Certain classes have good pet builds and the mercs in the game give you another npc to help you out. I prefer solo for certain tasks as well.

Since we are talking gems don't bother upgrading all the lesser ones. Wait till you get the high grade ones that drop at lvl61 and then only upgrade imperials as the marquise will drain you gold like crazy.

antitrop

I'm glad I did I don't know if I'm the only one getting this feeling but it reminds me of playing Gauntlet on the PlayStation 1(which I loved), it just feels different to the PC version.
Fuck yeah, I was in Gauntlet heaven last night!

Gave me some great nostalgia of Gauntlet Legends on Dreamcast, even.

JCizzle

Expert is seriously a cake walk. Diablo 3 has a really screwed up difficulty system.

If they still forced you to play through on Normal before unlocking Hard, like in the PC version, I would be absolutely bored to tears again. I couldn't get past Act 1 on PC because it was so ridiculously easy and boring.

I'm actually getting bored on Expert and wished I could bump it further but the next one seems to be locked.

You can soon. You will not be able to get through torment like that. However, I'm sure you know that Diablo is a gear based difficulty system and not something like dark souls that's almost all skill based.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

For me, it was the auction house. That was my #1 issue. It totally removed that feeling of "Fuck yeah, look at this new awesome weapon I found!". Instead I could go on the AH and buy the perfect weapon for a few thousand gold. If I'm not playing for loot, and if my character isn't progressively getting stronger, then my desire to play numerous times just drops.

SJRB

Gold Member
I saw in the Giantbomb quicklook that you can change the appearance of weapons and such without changing their stats, where can I do that?

You can soon. You will not be able to get through torment like that. However, I'm sure you know that Diablo is a gear based difficulty system and not something like dark souls that's almost all skill based.

Eh it can be skill more skill based but the game pretty much comes down to gearing up until you can farm the next difficulty efficiently. I've kited some tough champ/elite packs that I probably had no business fighting.

I haven't time to start RoS yet but on vanilla I found MP more challenging/fun. Difficulty scaled very well for multiple players and it opened up some party friendly builds(taking skills that benefit the group not just yourself).

Guys, help me out here. I had a legendary loot in my inventory that said "Send this Loot to Friend?" so I did. What was that? What did I just gift to a friend? How do I know they got it?

njd_online

Banned
Don't know if this has been asked already or not..forgive me if it has!

Can you use the player mail option between console gens? So, PS3 to PS4 and back? X1 & 360, etc?

I know you can't game together...just wondering if you could do this.

Kitten dx I slayed the nemesis that took you out and 4 of my other friends.

I felt a vibration in my pad and heard the sirens and horns. The big bastard appeared and he had 5 icons under him of the people he killed.

Sent a gift your way ;)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I have a PSN account but my daughter doesn't. When we play together on the couch, it says we are LAN only. Does this affect loot drops? In other words, does this disconnect us from battle.net and the D3 servers?

Console version does not use Battle.net like the PC version does.

Doesn't affect loot drops.

It's LAN only because online requires PS+ for all participating players.

Can anyone explain the 3 numbers below the inventory screen? They represent a sword (attack I assume), a shield (defense I assume) and a cross/plus (something related to health maybe?

I got the digital version (ps4) and can't figure out what these mean. I also can't find any sites that have an explanation of the various menu screens. If anybody knows of one of these a link would be awesome!

Guys, help me out here. I had a legendary loot in my inventory that said "Send this Loot to Friend?" so I did. What was that? What did I just gift to a friend? How do I know they got it?

It's the Player Gift. Quoting OP:

When a Legendary drops for a player, there is a chance for an extra Player Gift to drop, specifically for someone on the friends list. It can be opened by any character on the friend's account, and the item will roll a Rare or Legendary appropriate to that character.

Can anyone explain the 3 numbers below the inventory screen? They represent a sword (attack I assume), a shield (defense I assume) and a cross/plus (something related to health maybe?

I got the digital version (ps4) and can't figure out what these mean. I also can't find any sites that have an explanation of the various menu screens. If anybody knows of one of these a link would be awesome!

Basic attack/defense/health stats. It summarizes the stats accumulated by all of your gear.

Smidget

My brother and I are around the same level while playing online, but let's say I switch characters half way through and want to start a new build, is apprentice mode automatic?

YeSp

Neo Member
Weird I pressed (x) on the Transmog Set plans in my inventory and it disapeared from my inventory. Hope I can still use it when I meat the trader. anyone know for sure?

After reading many reviews and a few suggestions from fellow GAF about Diablo 3 RoS UEE, I decided to give this game a second chance. I hope I won't be disappointed.

I believe you can also press Square (PS4) or X (XB1) on the character screen and get a much more detailed stat breakdown.

Thanks, I saw that. I think the one baffling me is the health cross because if I recall correctly it just had some arbitrary number like 96 in it and I was wishing I knew what that was actually derived from.

I've been lucky today with drops so far...

I've basically tripled my danage and doubled my armor already...and I'm still only halfway through Act 1...I'm trying to pace myself

gruenel

They should really have put some more work into the UI art. Except for the fonts the whole UI looks blurry, like they took that stuff straight out of the PS3 version and just upscaled it instead of using a native 1080p UI. The inventory icons even have something that looks like JPEG artifacts in them. Makes it look quite cheap.

Anyway the game is a blast. Onto act 5 now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Kitten dx I slayed the nemesis that took you out and 4 of my other friends.

I felt a vibration in my pad and heard the sirens and horns. The big bastard appeared and he had 5 icons under him of the people he killed.

Sent a gift your way ;)
Haha, sweet. The Nemesis system is so fun. I had no idea what was happening the first time I heard the horns, and I damn near crapped my pants when the beast appeared.

Top Bottom