• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
They should really have put some more work into the UI art. Except for the fonts the whole UI looks blurry, like they took that stuff straight out of the PS3 version and just upscaled it instead of using a native 1080p UI. The inventory icons even have something that looks like JPEG artifacts in them. Makes it look quite cheap.

Anyway the game is a blast. Onto act 5 now.

Personally, I absolutely hate the fonts in D3.

They are not stylized in the least, and make the whole UI feel like a cheap MMO patcher window.

edukate

can anyone post a link to the ROS PS4 username thread-- looking to experience as many nemesis encounters as I can

PSN: LuckyDoobage

antitrop

Personally, I absolutely hate the fonts in D3.

They are not stylized in the least, and make the whole UI feel like a cheap MMO patcher window.

I could never tell the difference between '5' and 'S' in Diablo II's font. It drove me crazy.

That's nitpicking the GOAT, though.

Drey1082

I have to say, it really sucks not to be able to play 2 people together on the same console and join people online (on PS4 version). I just assumed that you would only need one ps+ subscription per console. Guess i was sorely mistaken.

I started a WD on last gen consoles whilst borrowing the game, didn't really like the pace that the class played.

Can anyone reccomend a quicker more in-your-face class?

Admodieus

I started a WD on last gen consoles whilst borrowing the game, didn't really like the pace that the class played.

Try Monk. It's all about quick attacks and once you get Dashing Strike, you can fly around the battlefield.

antitrop

Da Barb

tumblr_llaj7qn84T1qclvq3.gif

ux8g7gI.jpg

conan-sword-swing-o.gif

MchugN

Diablo noob here. I joined a friends game last night (who was way ahead of me in story progress) and when I go back to my game, I'm where he was in progress. Any way I can go back? I wasn't much past the skeleton king in my game.

Edit: Figured it out.

Admodieus

Thanks. I've also seen some Crusader gameplay, he seems like a warrior-holy type class. Is he a good class?

Crusader is a great class, I believe he's a bit overplayed right now since he's the "new" class for people who played D3 on PS3/360. Eventually he becomes more of a mid-range caster than pure melee, but he's an absolute tank.

Chorazin

Thanks. I've also seen some Crusader gameplay, he seems like a warrior-holy type class. Is he a good class?

I'm a Diablo 3 noob, but I'm loving the Crusader. You actually get a bunch of mid-range abilities if you like to play keep-way from the mobs, or you can use up-close abilities if you like to be in the thick of it. I use a combo of both so I can adapt on the fly.

Respect

Being a D3 noob and just starting yesterday, I started with a Crusader, seems really strong. But I am in the same boat as you in regards to wanting to change my class, I just don't feel like its clicking with me.

Mahonay

Banned
Played a bunch with a couple of friends last night. We all got up to about level 16. I'm using a Monk. Just beat the skeleton king.

I'm really enjoying just how smoothly it runs on the PS4. When I originally played Diablo III on my Mac I had a lot of issues with hitching and the frame rate dropping. Also I'm really noticing just how much the loot system has been improved from the original game. I hadn't played it after they put that update out.

Respect

Does the monk have any ranged abilities or is it more go in, do some damage and evade type class?

Been having the same issue of no online play with my wife using her account (but no PS+). At work so the site is blocked, will check it out, might have to try the sub-account route as well. That was the only big disappointment I have with the game so far.

I have to say, it really sucks not to be able to play 2 people together on the same console and join people online (on PS4 version). I just assumed that you would only need one ps+ subscription per console. Guess i was sorely mistaken.
Whoa what? My bud will be pissed! Can you use a sub account?

Marlenus

Actually it should work according to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13816441668#7

EDIT: But it seems it does not. Perhaps you need to activate the PS4 as your primary console for it to work? I do not own the game but this will be an important feature for me so if I need more than 1 PS+ account to get it to work online with multiple local players then I am not buying it.

Just watched the "highlight" videos on a bunch of classes. Stuck between Monk and Crusader, leaning toward Crusader. Seems to be the best of both play styles.

Tiops

But I did it yesterday o_O

Me and my wife on the PS4 and other 2 friends online.

Tiops

I've been looking all over the internet to find out how. How does your wife login? (psn guest, or through her own account?
Her own account, and she doesn't have PS+.

I started the game on my account, she joined, we selected our characters then accepted the invitation that one of my friends sent.

Drey1082

I made a PS account on our boy's PS4, takes two minutes.

I made a ps account for my wife. She's joined my game. Then i try to join my friend's online game. I get an in game pop-up stating I need an extra subscription.

I'll guess I'll check when I get home from work...

EDIT: maybe the difference is your friend invited you, versus me trying to send out the invite.

Tiops

I made a ps account for my wife. She's joined my game. Then i try to join my friend's online game. I get an in game pop-up stating I need an extra subscription.

I'll guess I'll check when I get home from work...
But did you just create a simple PS4 account for her or a whole PSN account?

Hoodbury

Kinda frightening there isn't a confirm message when buying stuff from vendors. With the amount of button presses needed to view all the data you need to, accidentally clicking X seems like it could likely happen a lot since you need to press X to select what piece of equipment from the wheel and then X again to purchase the specific piece, sometimes it's hard to remember if you clicked that first X or not.

JPS Kai

Geez, I didn't realize there was going to be such a shortage on this. I'm all sold out of everything but PS3 copies and only got in about three copies above reserve on each platform. I felt bad fielding almost two dozen calls for PS4/XB1 copies yesterday and telling them that I was sold out. :c

Played local co-op with roommate last night. He had to sign in to his PSN account for some reason. He made a Barb.

Local co-op is *amazing*

We then did quickmatch and found two other people, got to the last quest in Act 3. Had a blast. I was about level 30 when he created his new Barb, and by the time we stopped playing he got up to level 25 I think. So apprentice mode is awesome as well. He was gaining XP and loot upgrades like mad.

I'm assuming when he gets the game, his character will be saved on Blizzard's servers? Or does he have to do a USB transfer from my console to his?

This game sure is easy on Expert. Still in Act 1 though.
It's fun, but the lack of difficulty makes it seem so mashy. And is it me, or is the story and dialogue ridiculous? Deckard Cain seems like a caricature version of himself.

I need to revisit Diablo 2 to see if it was this silly.

Jabba

Banned
This is keeping me busy until Destiny :p

I bought the PS3 version when it launched and then got this one PS4. Worth it for the new additions and improved frame rate and visuals.

I'll be dipping soon, then thanks.

The ps3 versions communication wasn't great. How good is this version communication wise?

Never played any Diablo game, can someone answer a couple of questions?

I've watch a Japanese stream on my PS4 of this game and it looks cool enough to hold me over.

Is there a Story/Lore that I can lose myself into with this game? (This is important to me because I love a good Lore/Story, one of my favorite things to do in Elder Scrolls V was read about past wars and history books.)

Also can I beat the ever loving crap out of this game as a magic user? ( not familiar with job classes and I hate shield and swords characters)

Thanks in advance, I may have more questions but can't think of any other as of now. I'm on the purchase screen debating if I should download and play this or not.

-PXG-

Can you remove gems that are placed in slots? If not, if you salvage that piece of gear, will you get the gem back?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Never played any Diablo game, can someone answer a couple of questions?

I've watch a Japanese stream on my PS4 of this game and it looks cool enough to hold me over.

Is there a Story/Lore that I can lose myself into with this game? (This is important to me because I love a good Lore/Story, one of my favorite things to do in Elder Scrolls V was read about past wars and history books.)

Also can I beat the ever loving crap out of this game as a magic user? ( not familiar with job classes and I hate shield and swords characters)

Thanks in advance, I may have more questions but can't think of any other as of now. I'm on the purchase screen debating if I should download and play this or not.

The game's story is pretty weak.....just a background.

As far as magic goes, the answer is YES. WD and Wizard are amazing classes...can do massive area and local damage...

Top Bottom