• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized that when looking at the blacksmith's wares, you can push Y on Xbox / Triangle on Playstation to cycle through display filters. One of the options is to only display items you can equip, which helps make browsing even easier.

Doing adventure mode torment 1 and I feel like i've hit a wall, I'm a wizard at 300k dps buffed, I can kill most things fine but some elite packs can take minutes to kill, my legendary drop rate is at about 1 per hour which kinda sucks?? Once I'm at this point whats the best way to raise my DPS?

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
I have a friend that would like to play the game coop with his wife. He wants to know that if both of us are doing local coop (him with his wife and me with my girlfriend) can we some how make that into an online game where we all play?

AllGamer

I just realized that when looking at the blacksmith's wares, you can push Y on Xbox / Triangle on Playstation to cycle through display filters. One of the options is to only display items you can equip, which helps make browsing even easier.

I finished the story today and did not know this -.-

Doing adventure mode torment 1 and I feel like i've hit a wall, I'm a wizard at 300k dps buffed, I can kill most things fine but some elite packs can take minutes to kill, my legendary drop rate is at about 1 per hour which kinda sucks?? Once I'm at this point whats the best way to raise my DPS?

Keep playing.

1 legendary per hour is standard.

Nephalem Rifts have double the chance for a legendary item to drop.

Use the enchanter to re roll a property on any item you wear, doing so can increase your DPS. Attack speed, critical hit chance, critical hit damage are the three major things that will add DPS.

For example, if you put a socket in your weapon, you can put an emerald in it, which add critical hit damage. Instant DPS boost.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Bought the game on a guess. 4h later I'm still playing! PS4 version by the way. Anyone know why is 5$ cheaper on xbox marketplace? I decided on the ps4 version because of digital foundry analysis

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, between two different armor pieces I now have +25% damage on my favorite main attack on my monk.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I just saw major spoilers while browsing through the banner unlock requirements.
Kill Adria, Leah's mom.
. Didn't see that coming.

Duallusion

You can also do this when combining gems - comes in really handy. They didn't half-ass console versions at all and that goes for last year's vanilla version too. Made double-dipping even easier.

JoeFenix

So how does the Nemesis thing work exactly? Does it even come into play in hardcore mode?

Nearly level 60 and still haven't encountered one, neither does anyone I play with.

LTWood12

If I haven't beaten the vanilla version yet on PS3 (which I already own), would it be better to finish the campaign on PS3, then upgrade? Any benefit other than visuals for the initial, pre-adventure mode playthrough?

Maybesew

If I haven't beaten the vanilla version yet on PS3 (which I already own), would it be better to finish the campaign on PS3, then upgrade? Any benefit other than visuals for the initial, pre-adventure mode playthrough?

Can't you sync over your save file and pick up where you left off?

Can't you sync over your save file and pick up where you left off?

This, and the 360/PS3 version didn't receive the patch changes that hit the PC when RoS launched on PC. There are tons of little changes throughout the game you will notice (boss enounters tweaked, new items, all the expansion additions, etc).

The visual upgrade is the biggest reason to move over, imo. I booted up the 360 version last night to compare and wanted to immediately throw the disc in the garbage disposal.

Taz

I am on the fence about getting this on Xbox One or PS4. I already have the game and expansion on PC and think I should just fire that up again.

Anyone else double dip?

Over 500 hours on PC paragon 300 ish

Couldn't be more pleased with it on PS4 soon as they said next gen will get patch support and Greater Rifts it was a no brainer for me, it's the same but different, controls and other neat touch's make it just that little better for me.

nullpoynter

I decided to go ahead and pickup this game. Every BestBuy and Gamestop in my city is sold out. I went to check the Walmart site and they don't even have it listed. I sure as heck don't want to have to go to multiple Walmarts just to find it. I try to avoid that store at all costs. I finally found it at Toys R'Us and ordered it for in-store pickup. Anyway, has anyone else had a hard time finding this game?

Drame

Went from 20 to 65 with my crusader on one session. Crusader's really fun class after I got most of the skills unlocked. After I get this character to 70 I'll start working on my witch doctor. Man, I really need those lvl 70 hellfire rings.

Adventure mode is such a good fun. Just one more bounty!

BFIB

Went from 20 to 65 with my crusader on one session. Crusader's really fun class after I got most of the skills unlocked. After I get this character to 70 I'll start working on my witch doctor. Man, I really need those lvl 70 hellfire rings.

Adventure mode is such a good fun. Just one more bounty!

Adventure mode is the most addicting thing I've played since crash mode on Burnout 3.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Even if you finished the game on PS3, you still have to play through Act V in UEE PS4 to unlock Adventure mode. Easy to do since you can jump right into it since it recognizes your PS3 progress through Acts 1-4 with a transferred character. You also have the 4th difficulty(Master) unlocked for all characters from the getgo, which normally requires the campaign completion I think for newcomers. (Master is only a bit more difficult than Expert but gives FAR greater rewards in terms of gold, drops, and xp)

You will also immediately notice how different the levelling works in the new game. I finished the PS3 campaign once at around lv. 32. To compare, I finished Act 1 alone with a fresh character just shy of level 30 on Master diff. Seems the game is now balanced so that a single trip through the entire campaign from scratch should get you close or near level 70. No more need for multiple campaign plays for endgame content. You get a headstart with a transferred character but no need to push through the PS3 game further unless you want those old trophies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Remote Play on this is no good right? Not enough time to level. Ah, to be a college kid.

I rocked remote play for like 3 hours last night. Its definitely playable though you might want to turn on elective mode and tweak the ability layout for yourself a bit. Text isn't easy to read and icons can be a little fuzzy, but still playable enough.

Drame

Adventure mode is the most addicting thing I've played since crash mode on Burnout 3.
It really is something different. To me it reminds of THPS runs. I could repeat the level goals over and over again and I just wouldn't get tired of it.

Adventure mode is gaming goodness at its best.

k1t4j

A gaf member (on PSN) just sent me (Kitaj84) a Legendary Ring, and for the life of me I don't recall his name to thank him properly.

Wherever you are, whoever you are Thank you good sir, that ring made my Crusader that little bit more epic :D

Also been playing story mode, just defeated King Leoric and lv 26 atm, no Nemesis yet despite having so many friends playing D3?

Are they all pro's and don't die or these nemesis don't spawn during the story play through and it's only Adventure Mode?

Badgerst3

Man I gotta stop rolling my crusader and then DH through the same areas back to back.

Still on act 1 but I just can't decide who to stick with. Damn you game!

I like the hero switching concept but I gotta get off pot and just pick one. I keep leapfrogging.

My DH is getting crappy drops, but my crusader is gettin all kinds of goodies.

Samus4145

I am on the fence about getting this on Xbox One or PS4. I already have the game and expansion on PC and think I should just fire that up again.

Anyone else double dip?

Yup. Although I am reviewing it. Playing with a controller is godly. Is it me or does all the characters appear to be larger than on PC?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Also been playing story mode, just defeated King Leoric and lv 26 atm, no Nemesis yet despite having so many friends playing D3?

Are they all pro's and don't die or these nemesis don't spawn during the story play through and it's only Adventure Mode?

Yea I have only bumped into a few Nemesis fights. Happened in both story and Adventure mode. It's not often though. With the game so new and everyone playing on default(easy) difficulties, might not be that many death's occurring.

You'll know when one drops in though, a bunch of foghorns start filling the audio and a red portal opens up. The monster is clearly labeled 'Nemesis' and has the PSN name of your friend under its lifebar.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It really is something different. To me it reminds of THPS runs. I could repeat the level goals over and over again and I just wouldn't get tired of it.

Adventure mode is gaming goodness at its best.

can't wait to unlock it, it sounds great

how long is the story mode?

RoKKeR

So GAF I'm thinking of picking this up. I put a fair amount of time (<100 hrs) into the PC version with the Witch Doctor and to a lesser extent, the monk. I LOVE the Witch Doctor class but suppose I should probably try something different this time around.

How's the Wizard? Worth jumping to for my first console play through?

I'm having some friends over tonight for local co-op. I'm a few hours into the game already so can someone explain to me how multiplayer in this works?

1. How does scaling work? If I'm a few hours in and level 15 and my friends make characters to play with me, will they be useless in helping me fight monsters or will the game power them accordingly?
2. One of my friends already has a Battle.net account and is planning on picking up the game this weekend, if he signs in with his account on my PS4 when using one of my controllers, can he export his character that he makes today to use once he buys the game?
3. How does co-op work in general? Like lets say I'm playing with 4 friends and we're all at different points in the story - if they join my game and do quests with me, are those quests completed in their game as well or do they need to re-do it?

k1t4j

Yea I have only bumped into a few Nemesis fights. Happened in both story and Adventure mode. It's not often though. With the game so new and everyone playing on default(easy) difficulties, might not be that many death's occurring.

You'll know when one drops in though, a bunch of foghorns start filling the audio and a red portal opens up. The monster is clearly labeled 'Nemesis' and has the PSN name of your friend under its lifebar.

AH! I see thanks mate, makes sense. I started it on expert? I think it's called couldn't resist that extra loot and gold.

Crumbtiny

I've just spent a few hours with this game yesterday and a few more today. But man I love it so far! It's super addicting and I'm loving the Crusader.

I didn't spend much time with it on PC or the 360, but something about this PS4 version is magic. I could easily see myself playing this for the long haul.

Only have a few people on my friends list though, so feel free to add me: Crumbtiny

Can't wait to fight some nemesis and get into Adventure Mode!

The Flash

Banned
So I decided to get this off of Redbox and man, it's addicting. I've never played a game like this until now and I understand why people like it so much.

Leyasu

Banned
I don't seem to be getting any paragon points as I level up. Is this normal or am I missing something??

Co-oping with gf and it is great. Can people join us as well??
Thanks for the answers

Top Bottom