• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm having some friends over tonight for local co-op. I'm a few hours into the game already so can someone explain to me how multiplayer in this works?

1. How does scaling work? If I'm a few hours in and level 15 and my friends make characters to play with me, will they be useless in helping me fight monsters or will the game power them accordingly?
2. One of my friends already has a Battle.net account and is planning on picking up the game this weekend, if he signs in with his account on my PS4 when using one of my controllers, can he export his character that he makes today to use once he buys the game?
3. How does co-op work in general? Like lets say I'm playing with 4 friends and we're all at different points in the story - if they join my game and do quests with me, are those quests completed in their game as well or do they need to re-do it?

1. I think everyone scales up to the highest level character playing. So if you are 15 and everyone else is 1, then your friends get powered up in stats to level 15(but still maintain level 1 skills and abilities until they rightfully level). Basically no real fear about the game being imbalanced for anyone, though crappy gear can still make a big level gap difficult to overcome for lesser players.

2. Only characters from PS3/360 can transfer to PS4/Xbone. No PC transfers. Edit: Got confused, not sure how the PS4 version handles couch co-op for different accounts. Someone else can chime in. Not sure if the game can auto-pull characters when logging in through PSN, or if a USB stick is needed to upload a save.

3. Quests are completed out of order for friends. So yes, it is possible to beat the endgame without having touched Act 1. The game tracks your progress through the entire campaign so it's not hard to see which sections you still haven't played at the main menu and can easily start the game from one of those sections without hassle.

Killer

Banned
So i'm playing Hardcore right now and i heard you can back up your save in the cloud or using external harddrive. How does that work? I'm play on Xbone btw. Too bad it only accepts USB 3 HDD :/.

JCizzle

It really depends on your genre preference, but I'd say Diablo 3 will have you put a lot more time on than Metro: Redux.

Lol yeah, people complained that Diablo 3 didn't live up to expectations because it only gave hundreds rather than thousands of hours of play time .

Respect

Sorry if asked before and a search on google didn't help, but what does and enchanters focus do? Doesn't appear to be equipable, level requirement is met, not sure what to do with it...thanks in advance!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just plowing through this game on Expert. I wish I didn't have to wait till I beat Act IV to bump it up, fuck. I'm skipping all the side dungeons now just so I can have less good gear and reach Act IV faster.

1. I think everyone scales up to the highest level character playing. So if you are 15 and everyone else is 1, then your friends get powered up in stats to level 15(but still maintain level 1 skills and abilities until they rightfully level). Basically no real fear about the game being imbalanced for anyone, though crappy gear can still make a big level gap difficult to overcome for lesser players.

2. Only characters from PS3/360 can transfer to PS4/Xbone. No PC transfers. Edit: Got confused, not sure how the PS4 version handles couch co-op for different accounts. Someone else can chime in. Not sure if the game can auto-pull characters when logging in through PSN, or if a USB stick is needed to upload a save.

3. Quests are completed out of order for friends. So yes, it is possible to beat the endgame without having touched Act 1. The game tracks your progress through the entire campaign so it's not hard to see which sections you still haven't played at the main menu and can easily start the game from one of those sections without hassle.

Awesome, thank you so much!

JCizzle

I'm just plowing through this game on Expert. I wish I didn't have to wait till I beat Act IV to bump it up, fuck. I'm skipping all the side dungeons now just so I can have less good gear and reach Act IV faster.
Rush through story asap for adventure mode !

cakely

Sorry if asked before and a search on google didn't help, but what does and enchanters focus do? Doesn't appear to be equipable, level requirement is met, not sure what to do with it...thanks in advance!

It's for a companion that you might not have met yet.

Etnos

Banned
Played 400 hours on PC, now playing on my xbox one having lot of fun. It is a fun console port.

The level of detail in this game never fail to amuse me, wondering how many animations they have, environment and object animation from bookshelfs being destroyed to little detail in the context when you walk by.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused about how to find weapons for my companions. I'm rolling with an Enchantress right now, and she has a super basic, weak staff. I bought another staff from the Blacksmith and she can't use it. It's level 27 and she's 34... So what's the deal?

Rush through story asap for adventure mode !
Yup, that's what I'm doing. I'm still having fun, but I'd like more of a challenge.

Well, I started playing yesterday and today I finished the story mode on expert with Ms. Marvel, my Wizard. By the end, I was Level 57 with 22k DPS. I found Blizzard + Hydra + Disintegrate to be a powerful combo, though I am gonna tweak my build for adventure mode.

Here's my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aRlijO!YWX!ZZbbaY

I'm thinking of replacing Disintegrate but dunno if I want to use Arcane Orb. I really wish the CM/WW build didn't get nerfed; I loved it in vanillla D3 on PC. Any tips on moving forward with my build?

I'm confused about how to find weapons for my companions. I'm rolling with an Enchantress right now, and she has a super basic, weak staff. I bought another staff from the Blacksmith and she can't use it. It's level 27 and she's 34... So what's the deal?

Are you sure that's not a Monk specific staff? The enchantress can use two handed swords and clubs as well, I have mine equipped with a Legendary 2 handed sword.

Brandon F

Transmogrify is kinda weird. Impossible to really see what you are making with that tiny avatar on screen. Wish there was a button to blow up your character model to full screen to view what each alteration looks like properly.

Matriox

Quick question. If you're playing over PSN/Live, are players forced to be on the same screen?

Nope, you can free roam. Only couch coop will force a same screen experience.

Really torn between playing a demon hunter or a witch doc. Can anyone help me out/ give some end game insight.?

Its all personal preference, but mine is I hate witch doctors, love demon hunters. DH have a harder time surviving from offscreen kills from my experience with PC but that was a long time ago.

Repost:

What's the maximum stack for crafting items?

I believe its 1000?

Haines

Banned
Hey I just want confirm something I saw someone post in this thread.

Coop: loot is designated to the player who would benefit most right?

So no reason to ever look at my loot for my partners desires correct?

Brandon F

Really torn between playing a demon hunter or a witch doc. Can anyone help me out/ give some end game insight.?

Everytime I jump online in Adventure mode on PS4, I can guarantee to see plenty of Witch Doctors, Demon Hunters, and Crusaders. Seem by far to be the most played classes in the endgame right now. Monk and Barb are almost non-existent, while Wizard appears occasionally. Lots of WD's though, very popular.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So GAF I'm thinking of picking this up. I put a fair amount of time (<100 hrs) into the PC version with the Witch Doctor and to a lesser extent, the monk. I LOVE the Witch Doctor class but suppose I should probably try something different this time around.

How's the Wizard? Worth jumping to for my first console play through?
Wizard is really great, but back in Vanilla (old Diablo before the patches) I was having a hard time in the end game with the Wizard so I restarted with WD and things were better. But since then I believe everything has been balanced out so you should be fine.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure that's not a Monk specific staff? The enchantress can use two handed swords and clubs as well, I have mine equipped with a Legendary 2 handed sword.
I dunno. It said it's a Daibo, so maybe that's a type of staff that enchanctresses can't use?

Repost:

What's the maximum stack for crafting items?
What does that mean? Diablo noob here.

What does that mean? Diablo noob here.
Crafting items are well, er, crafting items - but the stacks refer to how many can be in one "pile" in a stash/your inventory. If the maximum stack is 1000, that means you can only have 1000 of each crafting material in one stash slot or your inventory.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A crafting material (Iridescent Tear for this example), can have 1000 in a stack before it starts a new stack of up to 1000.

Crafting items are well, er, crafting items - but the stacks refer to how many can be in one "pile" in a stash/your inventory. If the maximum stack is 1000, that means you can only have 1000 of each crafting material in one stash slot or your inventory.
Ohhhh, cool. I've just been calling those ingredients, haha.

ChuckNyce

Murderous friggin cows....I love this game!

14798067349_6ec243d44a_o.jpg

14981652411_40b4910e78_o.jpg

dyergram

How do you change passive skills in sure I could swop them earlier now it dosnt work? (Ps4)
Ignor me I was pressing the wrong button doh!

Top Bottom