• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I sent you a gift last night!

I still have yet to see a Nemesis, though. I'm excited, haha!
Mine's getting strong. It killed me initially yesterday and then killed my local co-op partner today. I wonder if it retains the name of the first player it killed or changes to the most recent.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
That was great.

It's been 10 years but I feel like the stories in Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath weren't nearly as cheesy. Maybe that's the nostalgia talking, though.

Having just started dark alliance a week ago for the first time... (Mind you I'm only like two hours in) - ...it's pretty cheesy.

10389430_486079451529163_5656614010960933579_n.jpg

So good. Though I got it in vanilla. Spectrum has no fucks to give. Now that I can It might be time to reroll a socket onto it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I heard that two handed weapons have a higher critical hit ratio compared to dual wield weapons -- is that true? I'm not sure why I should really use a two handed weapon.

Dubz

How do gifts work? I had a gift to send and I could only send it to one of my friends. Is there a way to see what the gift is, and/or pick which friend gets the gift?

EDIT: I read the OP and got my answer. Nothing to see here.

Brannon

So there's a minor bug in the PS4 version of the game that will make your subtitles disappear. It will also make your level up, checkpoint, and skills text disappear so you won't know you got them in some hectic situations. This is the situation where it will most likely happen, so if it does, just back out to the title screen and then start the game again. It may have happened to you already since no one really pays attention to the story if they're just running for loot and stuff.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I heard that two handed weapons have a higher critical hit ratio compared to dual wield weapons -- is that true? I'm not sure why I should really use a two handed weapon.

As what class?

Pretty much no one should bother with 2h weapons unless they're a crusader. For crusaders they have the advantage of 2h weapons having higher weapon damage while still being able to rock a shield with their passive.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
As what class?

Pretty much no one should bother with 2h weapons unless they're a crusader. For crusaders they have the advantage of 2h weapons having higher weapon damage while still being able to rock a shield with their passive.
Ah, good to know. I'm playing a monk, so sounds like I should stick to dual wield.

Korezo

The game is repeating quests for me.. I killed the King and after that I joined my friends game to help a bit, but after I left and went back to my place I noticed a lot of warps missing and after doing a quest I noticed it was a quest I've done before. I killed the king already but the game is making do his quest line all from the start again...

antitrop

Oh hey, not more than 10 minutes after starting up the game, I run into my first Nemesis! Took him down easy.

That one was for you Falifax!

Edit: What are Nemesis'?
From OP:

Nemesis System
A fun feature is the Nemesis system, which was previously called Avenger Kills in the previous developer discussion at BlizzCon 2013. If a monster kills your character, there is a chance that it can level up, turn into a different creature, gain new abilities and jump into a portal (and out of your game). Later on that same monster can show up with ominous music in your friend's game, with a name making it clear that it was the monster that killed your character. If the monster kills your friend's character, it gets even more powerful, and can go on to someone else on their friends list! If the monster is killed, there are Player Gifts that can be sent back to the character who it originally killed.

HGStormy

Banned
It reminds me of both Gauntlet Legends and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

Neither of which are bad things since I loved those games :3

On the PS3 I think they may have slightly upped mob density, i shouldn't be able to get 80+ massacre exp bonus, i could barely get 30+ in vanilla anywhere, it shows most in the 5th chapter, which is probably why the frame rate takes a hit here and there, yet oddly mot in combat!

I plan on buying ros on PC(for my future PC although my laptop can run it well enough) today and I'm still thinking of picking this up on xbox one is something wrong with me?

X-Frame

My D3 won't be here until tomorrow, so last night of living vicariously through all of you.

Are there any good PS4 streams going? Any from you guys?

On the PS3 I think they may have slightly upped mob density, i shouldn't be able to get 80+ massacre exp bonus, i could barely get 30+ in vanilla anywhere, it shows most in the 5th chapter, which is probably why the frame rate takes a hit here and there, yet oddly mot in combat!

I got a 100+ chainkill last night on the PS4 during Act V down in the rat dungeons. Love trying to string out the chainkills for the XP bonus. As soon as I see that fuse light burning down I start rolling around like a mofo looking for more to kill... LOLz

Matriox

Answer is in the OP, but Nemesis is where if you die, that monster that killed you goes into a friend of yours game and attempts to kill them. It will have your name associated with the monster, so your friend will know you died to it, and if you kill it you get lootz, if you don't and die to it, it will jump to another game even stronger.

OP said:
Nemesis System
•A fun feature is the Nemesis system, which was previously called Avenger Kills in the previous developer discussion at BlizzCon 2013. If a monster kills your character, there is a chance that it can level up, turn into a different creature, gain new abilities and jump into a portal (and out of your game). Later on that same monster can show up with ominous music in your friend's game, with a name making it clear that it was the monster that killed your character. If the monster kills your friend's character, it gets even more powerful, and can go on to someone else on their friends list! If the monster is killed, there are Player Gifts that can be sent back to the character who it originally killed.

j-wood

Can you trade items, including legendaries, in the console version? Or are those bind on account like in the PC version?

So I took the plunge and bought the Xbox One version in addition to the PS4 digital. Can never have too much Diablo, I guess! I've added a tonne of Gaffers on PSN, so if there are any Xbox One peeps looking for co-op and gifts etc, hit us up on Live - CylonLogicBomb.

A massive shout out to the peeps here for the mail item gifts and nemesis encounters. You guys rock!

Cheers

ZenaxPure

Yeah the only time I'd use a 2h for monk is if you get the set daibo and have other pieces, as the 2 and 4 piece bonuses are absurdly good.

Eh, the Sunwuko set is still pretty bad. It's not going to be a really great thing until next patch where it is going to be the foundation of a lot of different monk builds.

Also worth noting that while 2 handed weapons suck terribly right now they will be competitive once 2.1 hits. So if you find any good ones at max level you should hang on to them (as the 2 handed weapon buff will be retroactive because they are just increasing the base damage of them all).

The Sentinel

Neo Member
What the hell is wrong with WD class? Every time I play with someone who has a WD he own the fight completely, I'm really disappointed by my lvl 24 Crusader :mad:

zychi

Banned
anyone know how to use a sony gold wireless headset with the xbox one? i can't figure out how to get the mic to work properly.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
This game is like heroin, I need to inject it into my veins. Playing co-op with a buddy... Already have a 34 Crusader, playing on Expert right now (found Normal and Hard way too easy), middle of Act 2

statham

Big thank you to the person who sent me Armor for my DH and the ring, I was rockin a 30 armor with extra, and he sent me a 100+ armor with alot of extras! thank you!

Top Bottom