• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

gl0w

Hey guys, started playing today! Games is blast. I can't remember the last time I have played a diablo game. Anyway, I'm playing with a witch doctor.

Regarding the gifts, where did you receive them? In the ingame mailbox?

Thanks!

Jo-El

I'm confused. Do I need to 2 PS+ memberships to play local coop with two people online? I have PS+ but no one else in my family has a PSN or PS+ account. I'm on PS4.

From what I can tell you only need one PS+ membership, but the other player needs a proper PSN account, a guest account or unregistered account won't cut it.

Edit: Tested this myself and it worked just fine joining a public game using quick match.

fernoca

Level 21 at around 8 hours (4 hours at the 3AM-launch and 4 more yesterday after work). Switched from normal to hard and aside the "glowing enemies" taking longer to beat...it seems playable. Continue with the templar as a follower since he's quite helpful.

Just discovered the wonders of the invisible dye, so I finally have my monk looking how I want to.

*sigh*
And now to work until 1AM. At least free on thursday!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Bought it today and will be starting it when the kids have gone to bed. Never played Diablo, and know little about it, but the comments in this thread encouraged me to get it for Xbox One.

For a complete Noob like me, what's the best piece of advice when starting?
My advice is to just pick a class you think appeals to you and have fun (they're all a blast) Also, turn the difficulty to "Hard". Normal is really easy and Hard will give you more gold and experience.

Also realize that Diablo 3 is a LONG game that's meant to be played FAR beyond level 70 (where it starts getting really tough), so settle in for a long ride.

After level 10 or so, turn on "elective mode" in the options, which lets you conpletely customize your character with skills. As far as understanding stats and loot -- that will come with time -- and don't be afraid to come here and ask, or you can PM me if you want and I'll do my best to help.

Good luck, welcome to a new addiction, and have fun!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I'm confused. Do I need to 2 PS+ memberships to play local coop with two people online? I have PS+ but no one else in my family has a PSN or PS+ account. I'm on PS4.
From what I can tell you only need one PS+ membership, but the other player needs a proper PSN account, a guest account or unregistered account won't cut it.
This aligns with the line that the CM wrote a few days ago here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13816441668?page=1

However, that information is wrong. As it currently stands, each controller in use requires its own unique profile on the PS4 as well as requires its own PS+ account for it to be usable in games online.

This means that local coop using multiple characters from one account - even if only playing offline - as was done on PS3 is impossible on PS4.

This was one of my biggest fears (I'm quite sure I voiced my concerns about this months ago besides recently) with this transition and, to say the least, I'm sad to see it confirmed in this fashion.

Can you do that at any time or is it for level 70+?

You can play with anyone at any time. Just use quickmatch in the main menu.

So I sent you a friend request and saw your PSN Level is 30. I just hit PSN level 14...

Are we aloud to be friends? Like, is that even legal?

Yes, and it's encouraged. They put in a new system called Apprentice mode, wherein the lower level character is temporarily buffed to a higher level to match that of the other player. You do more damage and you also gain XP faster.

edit:
Can confirm the above: playing local co-op with another person requires that person to sign in with their PSN id.

How exactly do I give items to a local co-op player?

Edit: IT's a sub account but they can send me stuff and for some reason i can't send them stuff.....

SnakeEyez

can anybody help me? First time diablo player, and I equipped a hood that had a 22 armor and my defense went from 762 to 900. The hood I had previously was 24. so confused.

Man, this game is so different (in a good way) than what I played on the PC the day it launched in 2012. Great tweaks. Having a blast on PS4.

I don't know if it was just me, if I did something wrong, but in the original PC release, the game got way too hard for me past Normal. I finished the game once with a Barbarian, had really good armor/weapons, and was at a pretty good level. Raising the difficulty and playing through it again, by Act II I was getting absolutely murdered by any special enemies. I would literally die in about 5 seconds no matter what, and the enemies would all regain their health by the time I managed to respawn and walk towards them. It was frustrating as hell, and basically unplayable for me.

Reading through the comments here, it seems like they toned down quite a bit on that, which is good. I'll see when I get there.

So how do I play Decark Cain logs without going to the log section? I remember I could play the audiologs and play normally on the pc but in console I have to go to the log section and stay there if not the audio stops.

can anybody help me? First time diablo player, and I equipped a hood that had a 22 armor and my defense went from 762 to 900. The hood I had previously was 24. so confused.

Gears stats bonuses are better than gear with high defense

SnakeEyez

So how do I play Decark Cain logs without going to the log section? I remember I could play the audiologs and play normally on the pc but in console I have to go to the log section and stay there if not the audio stops.

Gears stats bonuses are better than gear with high defense

only stat bonus for that hood is +10 vitality which is health not defense right? I'd think it wouldn't affect my Defense.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone wants to play on the XB1 version in 30ish minutes, I'm gonna hop on. I'm early in the second act and playing a level 32 Monk on Expert difficulty. XB1 gamertag = kittens dx.

It means the item is dyed that color.
Oh cool, makes sense.

Pyrogeek

I am on the fence about getting this on Xbox One or PS4. I already have the game and expansion on PC and think I should just fire that up again.

Anyone else double dip?

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow, the start of Act II is really, really cool. I love the artstyle and the setting, such a nice change of scenery. Awesome music too.

I love how you start in
this big city hub
, really cool.

Found the recipe for Cains level 20 set, all peices equiped gives a 30% EXP boost but the materials seem damn expensive. Will probably make it for my alt.

BFIB

I am on the fence about getting this on Xbox One or PS4. I already have the game and expansion on PC and think I should just fire that up again.

Anyone else double dip?

PC-Over 500 hrs
PS3-Over around 100 hrs
PS4-Already 8 hrs

Yeah.........

Anyone else double dip?

Yes I did, so I could play this with my wife. Plus those gamepad controls feel amazing compared to KBM.

omyard

Neo Member

Everyone you're playing with on your console needs to have a PS4 user profile and a PSN account.

You can create sub accounts for people under 18 though. So I created a sub account for my daughter and aged my girlfriend to 13 from 36. Maybe you can just have them use your account, but this way they can go online and have their own friends list, etc...

RdN

Last night my friends and I played coop. 4 people, average level 30 on Expert, which is the highest difficulty we could select.

We ended up very bored. Enemies had good amount of life, but they never even came close to being a treat to us. We breezed through the first 2 acts with absolutely no opposition.

I wish it were possible to select a higher difficulty from the start for 4 players. :-(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Last night my friends and I played coop. 4 people, average level 30 on Expert, which is the highest difficulty we could select.

We ended up very bored. Enemies had good amount of life, but they never even came close to being a treat to us. We breezed through the first 2 acts with absolutely no opposition.

I wish it were possible to select a higher difficulty from the start for 4 players. :-(
Yup, same thing happened to my buddies and I last night. It's wayyyyyy too easy on Expert. And now that I'm playing alone again, the game is still telling me I can't change the difficulty "in-game" more than once. Does that mean more than once ever? It can't because I already went Normal --> Hard --> Expert. So... I don't get it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat [early act 2 spoiler]
Maghda
all by myself on Expert. :)

Tobor

Quick question.

Do I get the infernal pauldrons and signet ring for every character I create, or just the first one?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
One last question Gaf.

Does "The Last of Us" bonus stage come with the Ultimate Evil Edition of Diablo 3 or did I miss that?

Its a rift, so it wont be available till adventure mode (and like all rifts it'll be random then) but yeah. As long as its a playstation version of the game it'll be there. Its actually part of the game, not a code you have to enter in or anything.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, and for those who might remember, the problem I was having where I could only choose from four friends to send gifts to has gone away. I'm pretty sure most people on my friends list with the game are showing up now. I dunno what happened to fix it, but yay.

Edit : I'm still looking for folks to play with! Level 32 Monk on Expert. XB1 gamertag = kittens dx.

All the talk here pushed me over the edge to get this for PS4. Locally it is sold out at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Sams Club, and gamestop.

I'm downloading it from PSN.

Its a rift, so it wont be available till adventure mode (and like all rifts it'll be random then) but yeah. As long as its a playstation version of the game it'll be there. Its actually part of the game, not a code you have to enter in or anything.

Well I be.. Downloading now. Once I learn how to play this game and git gud at it I'll love to team up with some Gaffers.

BFIB

All the talk here pushed me over the edge to get this for PS4. Locally it is sold out at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Sams Club, and gamestop.

I'm downloading it from PSN.

Good call. This is one of those games where digital is perfect. Load up quick, dive right in and start killing.

Top Bottom