• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

zedge

Anyone having issues connecting online? When I try anything but local it says The Diablo 3 server is not available. Xbone. :(

hydruxo

I've never played a Diablo game before but I've been playing for the last 5 or so hours straight and this game is seriously like crack. I've got a Level 15 Crusader and it's been a blast and I haven't even really scratched the surface yet.

Never played a Diablo game before and I'm really enjoying this on PS4. Though, it's been pretty easy so far (I just opened the
Drowned Temple
). I'm playing a Crusader on Expert mode. Pretty much all I'm doing is casting the shield stun spell to blind guys and make them take more damage, shield bashing the fuck out of them, then Provoking to build more wrath and repeat. Mix in regular Punish attacks where applicable, and I have the plus +15% attack speed/cooldown passive for one-handed weapons (I forged a pretty baller flail at the blacksmith :D). Only the
Skeleton King
and maybe 1-2 rare monsters have given me a spot of trouble.

Skill customization is pretty neat. I didn't know how deep the rabbit hole would go, so it's nice to see a ton of choices. Level progression has been pretty smooth, with some levels unlocking multiple abilities/runes/passives. Feels good, man.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Had my first nemesis encounter.

Dem horns.
I had my first one last night as well, but I was in a party with one or two other people s we thankfully murdered the fuck out of it. I don't think the loot it dropped was that spectacular.

Color me surprised how many people are playing Diablo for the first time, but that's awesome.
I'm playing Diablo 3 for the first time (I bought it for PC, but the game constantly crashed on my laptop), and I'm loving it. Previously I'd played Diablo 1 to death.

Matriox

Loving the 1st time diablo comments. Makes me feel nostalgiac for when I played Diablo for the first time. Take it all in, youre in for a good time.

Never played a Diablo game before and I'm really enjoying this on PS4. Though, it's been pretty easy so far (I just opened the
Drowned Temple
). I'm playing a Crusader on Expert mode. Pretty much all I'm doing is casting the shield stun spell to blind guys and make them take more damage, shield bashing the fuck out of them, then Provoking to build more wrath and repeat. Mix in regular Punish attacks where applicable, and I have the plus +15% attack speed/cooldown passive for one-handed weapons (I forged a pretty baller flail at the blacksmith :D). Only the
Skeleton King
and maybe 1-2 rare monsters have given me a spot of trouble.

Skill customization is pretty neat. I didn't know how deep the rabbit hole would go, so it's nice to see a ton of choices. Level progression has been pretty smooth, with some levels unlocking multiple abilities/runes/passives. Feels good, man.

You know about Elective Mode, right? Turn it on and you can mix and match skills to any button, even skills from the same categories. You can have 2 Secondaries or 2 Defensives if you want.

Dug

Banned
In your inventory, select the bag looking option (I think its on the left one when youre looking at the bottom of the inventory wheel). There will be 4 different boxes you can choose from, select the bottom box, your transmog will be in there.
Hmmm, I think I pressed X on it to equip and now its gone from my inventory. Do I have to go talk to a NPC to use it?

Matriox

Hmmm, I think I pressed X on it to equip and now its gone from my inventory. Do I have to go talk to a NPC to use it?

Unless you want spoiled on it, there will be an NPC later in the game you will talk to in order to have access to Transmogrification.

Mystic is available in Act 5

Bodom78

Reading through this thread is really tempting me to pick this up.

I have never played a Diablo game but sounds really interesting and people seem to be positive about it.

Took a chance on Garden Warfare after reading through the XBone thread and I bloody loved it.

Hopefully it's not too overwhelming with all the gear and stats.

antitrop

Hopefully it's not too overwhelming with all the gear and stats.

It's casual as fuck. The console version even moreso than the PC version. Stat comparing is a breeze on consoles, show you nice little green or red triangles for easy reference. I love navigating the UI with a controller. Settings items for "Junk" status for easy selling was a stroke of genius.

Don't want to go back to PC.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Color me surprised how many people are playing Diablo for the first time, but that's awesome.
I've never been into PC gaming so never had much of a chance. My buddy's been begging me to play it for ten years, haha.

antitrop

I've never been into PC gaming so never had much of a chance. My buddy's been begging me to play it for ten years, haha.

Well, right now might be the best time ever for a first timer to jump in.
Diablo III is absurdly accessible in the first place, and made even moreso on consoles. It's great.

Diablo II is still the better game, of course.

I was balls deep into Diablo 2 and LoD back in the day. Skipped Diablo 3 on PC, got hooked on Torchlight 2. Giving Diablo 3 a shot now on PS4.

You know about Elective Mode, right? Turn it on and you can mix and match skills to any button, even skills from the same categories. You can have 2 Secondaries or 2 Defensives if you want.

WOAH. I thought it was just for modifying the button bindings. Didn't know you could set multiple abilities from the same group. Gotta try that tomorrow.

ReaperXL7

its been quite a long time since I have played Diablo 2 but it consumed a significant amount of hours from my life, and finally having sunk about few hours into this I got that lovin feeling again.Just something so satisfying about coming across a random dungeon in the wilderness and finding three treasure hoarders and watch them explode with goodies as they are slaughtered.

My first character has been Crusader and i'm really liking him a lot, I'm most likely going to check out another class soon but I can't decide between Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free (ReaperXL7) if i'm not playing FFXIV i'm playing Diablo 3.

First set piece dropped:
BviDU1uCUAAAgV4.jpg

Christ

At level 15 I'm excited to pick up an item with like 30 Armour :p

Might change the difficulty to Hard, just reached the
Drowned Temple
and haven't even been down to like 2/3 HP

LOLCats

Banned
I played a monk on PC at launch. I liked the class, but the presence of the auction house made it a real bitch to get my DPS up anywhere near reasonable.

Yup i kept getting those 42.5 DPS legendary drops... Stopped playing. Then i held out on last gen console version. Glad i waited.

stn

First time playing Diablo since 1 wayyyyyyy back when. If anyone wants to team up sometime on XBL, shoot me a PM.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man I have been playing shit load of Diablo 3 since yesterday. And 2 days ago, I had no intention to buy this game.

I am half way in Act 2, level 32. Though playing it on Hard difficulty doesnt seem so hard. This is my first Diablo game.

Matriox

Soo all of this Diablo talk has influenced me to turn on my phone tether at work (night shift, usually have my vita on me anyways for downtime such as today). Remote play is my lord and savior, love the hell out of it.

I dunno which class to pick. In Diablo 2 I mainly went Sorceress or Amazon. Necromancer when I wanted to stand around in trade rooms looking good.

Thinking either Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor, or Wizard.

What's the deal with the Brewmaster banner sigil btw?

afaik Brewmaster is in Dota, while Blizzard are more affiliated with LoL

@The Xtorionist, I probably will. Do you generally get better loot, or just more of it?

Is there a demo for current-gen? The old-gen one got me; I remember not being sure if D3 would be a good couch co-op game (little brother is not really into ARPGs) and trying the 360 demo.

2 hours later, after defeating the Skeleton King on Hard (vanilla D3) with a Barb/Wizard duo, I could only count the days until we got to play the full game.

World of Warcraft, Mists of Panderia had brewmasters as NPC characters.

Weird, I assumed Dota's Brewmaster would have been called something else in Warcraft to avoid those copyright infringements that couple few years back

edit: How do I get different equipment on my companion? Will he stop levelling up if I dismiss him and carry on?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting my ass beat by
Belial
in Act
Two
. This is the first time I've had a major challenge in the game on Expert (except for Nemesis enemies).

Picked this up yesterday before I came in to work (I work a night shift). Got home in the morning and proceeded to play for 6 hours straight before I got 3 hours sleep to come into work again.

Work hard. Play hard

Finding it a bit easy on Hard, will probably bump up to Expert. Using a Crusader and will probably roll out a WD later on.

Brought my Vita to test out remote play on my lunch hour. *so good*

Just kind disappointed by the graphics. Ran this on my laptop and thought it looked better, and I didn't even have it nowhere near max settings. I guess playing on a 40" screen could have something to do with that too

FUME5

I'm enjoying this much more than last years 360 version (picked it up on Bone due to friends).

I know they tweaked the loot, and it may be the fact I'm trying a crusader until a friend returns my copy so I can data transfer, but I'm suprised that it just feels...better overall.

Picked this up yesterday before I came in to work (I work a night shift). Got home in the morning and proceeded to play for 6 hours straight before I got 3 hours sleep to come into work again.

Work hard. Play hard

Finding it a bit easy on Hard, will probably bump up to Expert. Using a Crusader and will probably roll out a WD later on.

Brought my Vita to test out remote play on my lunch hour. *so good*

Just kind disappointed by the graphics. Ran this on my laptop and thought it looked better, and I didn't even have it nowhere near max settings. I guess playing on a 40" screen could have something to do with that too

Hey, coming from the PS3 version, the PS4v is really nice to me. Looks and plays nice on my 55" LED. I played the PC version and I agree the console versions aren't as crisp.

@The Xtorionist, I probably will. Do you generally get better loot, or just more of it?

No idea, but I've always found myself pretty well equipped so far. Though I did receive two versions of the Skeleton King's crown (the rare crown, I think it starts with an "L"), so maybe? Either way, the +150% XP/Gold is very nice. Just opened the Drowned Temple at level 17 and I'm sitting on like 40K gold (no grinding). Been salvaging all the junk I find instead of selling it.

Dahbomb

It's casual as fuck. The console version even moreso than the PC version. Stat comparing is a breeze on consoles, show you nice little green or red triangles for easy reference. I love navigating the UI with a controller. Settings items for "Junk" status for easy selling was a stroke of genius.

Don't want to go back to PC.
I would just say that comparing stats through the green/red arrows while fine between 1-70 becomes less and less accurate and often extremely misleading at the top end. It can show you a downgrade or upgrade but it can very well be the exact opposite.

That's because sheet stats matter less at the top end. It's very possible a 700K sheet DPS character could be doing 3-4 times more damage than a 1.2 million DPS character in this game.

ZenaxPure

Weird, I assumed Dota's Brewmaster would have been called something else in Warcraft to avoid those copyright infringements that couple few years back

edit: How do I get different equipment on my companion? Will he stop levelling up if I dismiss him and carry on?

I really confused by your top comment, Brewmaster is a thing from Warcraft 3. Only reason Mists of Pandaria has them is because well, the brewmaster in WC3 was a Pandaren and MoP was about Pandarens.

To answer your question though your companion will keep leveling (though I think they stop 1 level behind you so you have to grind out the last one? It's been a while so my memory is fuzzy). You just give them new gear from the menu.

That's because sheet stats matter less at the top end. It's very possible a 700K sheet DPS character could be doing 3-4 times more damage than a 1.2 million DPS character in this game.

Yep, this can't be stressed enough. My barbarian on PC only has 400k sheet damage but I completely crush T6. I'm not entirely sure how it is handled in the RoS console version but a lot of stats are not factored into your sheet values on PC. I assume it works similarly though because you can't really give a general idea of your DPS if you are stacking say +fire damage but all your attacks are lightning.

I really confused by your top comment, Brewmaster is a thing from Warcraft 3. Only reason Mists of Pandaria has them is because well, the brewmaster in WC3 was a Pandaren and MoP was about Pandarens.

To answer your question though your companion will keep leveling (though I think they stop 1 level behind you so you have to grind out the last one? It's been a while so my memory is fuzzy). You just give them new gear from the menu.

I meant I thought Valve would have had to call him something different in Dota 2 as the name assumedly belongs to Blizzard/Activision :)

Top Bottom