• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

antitrop

So there is no reason for hardcore? I thought you got better loot or something... Is there a way to get out of hardcore?

J7uYywU.gif

ZenaxPure

So there is no reason for hardcore? I thought you got better loot or something... Is there a way to get out of hardcore?

It's for people who want the game to be more intense since you only get one life, you don't get anything special for it.

That character is stuck there, you need to make a new one and don't flag it for hardcore.

Matriox

The reason for Hardcore is for the fun of it. Some love it, some hate it. You die, you die for good as I'm sure you know, but the base gameplay is the exact same, and you can only play with other Hardcore characters. No better loot, but as far as the feeling of the game is concerned it just feels more epic/accomplishing when you do anything beyond nightmare. I prefer how PoE handles Hardcore but I also don't consider still having access to your character after he/she dies "Hardcore". Its a preference thing, thats it, if youre up for a challenge or whatever, play HC, otherwise no, there isnt a real good purpose for it as far as just playing the game is concerned.

I'm a bit confused

1) Why can't you force a hard save? (PS4)
2) Why does it black out the map when you leave an area and return?
3) I completed a quest and quit the game before it quicksaved, when I returned I had the same level and equipment, but the quest was available again. Is it constantly saving my character but not my story progress?
4) When I left an area and returned having done nothing in the story, there were entire new areas and events to complete, including a crypt that I'm sure wasn't there the first time. Is there random generation going on?

Got my copy and started playing. I played only the original version on pc for a while and I can say Im really impressed with what they did on console. Rolling around is much improved with the sticks.

Matriox

I'm a bit confused

1) Why can't you force a hard save? (PS4)
2) Why does it black out the map when you leave an area and return?
3) I completed a quest and quit the game before it quicksaved, when I returned I had the same level and equipment, but the quest was available again. Is it constantly saving my character but not my story progress?
4) When I left an area and returned having done nothing in the story, there were entire new areas and events to complete, including a crypt that I'm sure wasn't there the first time. Is there random generation going on?

1) The game saves your character after everything, the story is what determines story saves which is after every objective is complete AFAIK. This way whenever you start a game with a friend you are both on the same "Save" and its easy to start from because it is set in stone, this happens regardless if you play online with friends or not.
2) The game resets every time you leave and come back, its not a static world.
3) Refer to 1.
4) Yes there is random generation for the areas/monsters and events that occur.

On Normal Act 1 at least, the stuff you pick up seems much better than the stuff the merchants and blacksmith sell

Does that change later in the game?

edit: Cheers Matriox :)

Matriox

On Normal Act 1 at least, the stuff you pick up seems much better than the stuff the merchants and blacksmith sell

I wouldn't recommend buying gear at all (except the occasional Ring possibly at like level 3-4?), you will find/craft better gear.

Just picked this up today after work (PS4). Everyone is hogging the TV at the moment so I can't play until later. I haven't played a Diablo game since Diablo 2 on PC. I'm still deciding what class to play as.

You're in for a good time good sir. Enjoy!

Just picked this up today after work (PS4). Everyone is hogging the TV at the moment so I can't play until later. I haven't played a Diablo game since Diablo 2 on PC. I'm still deciding what class to play as.

Nirran

I found a gift for someone with the PSN name of Nirran! I sent it to, tell me what it is!

It ended up being a really great legendary bow for my DH. It helped out so much with The Butcher. Thanks!

Making my way through Act II right now and probably about 60% through. Ran into a Nemesis with 7 guys with him and got completely wrecked by arcane and traps. Really loving the additions like that and it's just as addicting as it was on pc. Really enjoying the controls for the consoles more.

ZenaxPure

Merchants no, blacksmith yes. Merchants are pretty much useless about 5 minutes into the game. The blacksmith is the opposite, basically useless until you reach level 70. You can then start finding patterns for stuff to craft, some of it being used in the best builds to cover slots where you don't need a specific piece of gear. Basically the blacksmith becomes a great way to cover weaker gear slots at max level.

18-Volt

I'm pretty sure that this has been asked before but is the graphical difference between PS3 and PS4 big enough to justify 20$ extra?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Well, I leveled to 70 and switched to torment 1. I'm getting rocked. My character isn't strong enough to progress during a bounty. Also, paragon points carry over to other characters right? Seems like it would make sense to distribute those points to non class-specific traits.

Playing DH to open up adventure mode for my crusader, forgot how much like a shmup it felt lile to play as him!

The pain of ALMOST beating the final boss the first time yoy face him, with no deaths only to dye from crap flying around the screen because his death animation takes a while to lick jn..I should also thank my sentries for being so powerful, 3 sentries made the siege hammer and most bosses less of a threat,

I got a 100+ chainkill last night on the PS4 during Act V down in the rat dungeons. Love trying to string out the chainkills for the XP bonus. As soon as I see that fuse light burning down I start rolling around like a mofo looking for more to kill... LOLz
I need to upgrade l, no doubt I'll be dipping once again once I have a PS4, this is some good gaming right here!

Level 13 with my monk now, plodding along Act 1. I upped the difficulty to Expert and, man has it made things interesting-- some fights have become super tough and I've got to kite mobs around while I back up like crazy and wheedle down the numbers.

Went with a shield in my offhand to augment my defense and I think it's literally been a life-saver at times, have to find any awe inspiring loot. Got a couple of rates but nothing amazing and no legendaries yet.

That dash attack is a must for getting me out of jams. A couple of times I got frozen and it was almost game over. Luckily, I was able to escape each time.

Syrus

Banned
Can someone send Xbox one , LanceX2 some crusader and demon hunter gear?

Add me too :D currently level 10 buill take anything. This is fun with my son

I have a Rare Daibo that is very good, and better than a legendary and rare fist weapon I was dual wielding combined. However, the slow speed in which you attack with two handed weapons ruins it for me. Is this the case for anybody else?

ZenaxPure

Well, I guess now I need to buy a secondary PS4 controller too.

Yeah trust me, you really want the version that will get patched if you plan to put any serious amount of time into the game. At the top difficulty there isn't a lot of room for experimentation in builds but with the patch every class will have more viable options thanks to many class changes, item changes, and the introduction of legendary gems.

Frostburn

Having a lot of fun playing this game with my wife. One of the few games she actually likes to play and couch co-op is tons of fun. We are on our second play-through (Beat Diablo on PS3 and transferred our saves). Tonight she says "This is so much better than just watching TV together". I'm glad the game isn't too hard even on Expert we are having fun and not dying unless we get stuck or aren't paying attention.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hopping on the XB1 version now if anyone wants to play! Level 41 Monk on Expert.

Bought this for PS4 on the way home from work today. Unfortunately, I'm struggling to gather up the energy to open it. Add me for future play/trade. PSN: BlackAcidDevil

Oneself

I sure was hoping that game would run at a constant 60fps on PS4... We've seen this game more than a year ago supposedly running smooth on the console already.

Other than that, it's quite fun!

antitrop

I sure was hoping that game would run at a constant 60fps on PS4... We've seen this game more than a year ago supposedly running smooth on the console already.

Other than that, it's quite fun!
Close the application and restart it, the 1.02 patch may not have been applied yet. Same thing happened to me first time I started it up.

Any other PS3 Diabros around?

Add me, if you would please. Seems like most everyone in the friend builder thread is on PS4 or XB1.

You can also message me here with your PSN and I will happily add you. :)

PSN: Vallanthaz

Dahbomb

Can anyone confirm if the Monk Exploding Palm skill is the new one or the old one?

I was under the impression that this patch followed 2.06 balancing but apparently some skills follow 2.1 balancing. For example Earthquake's damage values are more in line with 2.1 values. So it seems like some skills might be more similar to their 2.1 counter parts. Might apply to items as well.

Dug

Banned
Alright, I linked my PSN account to my Bliazzard account to get a legendary item. It said I got a transmog but I'm not sure where it is. (I'm a newbie to this game if you can't tell. :p)

Matriox

Alright, I linked my PSN account to my Bliazzard account to get a legendary item. It said I got a transmog but I'm not sure where it is. (I'm a newbie to this game if you can't tell. :p)

In your inventory, select the bag looking option (I think its on the left one when youre looking at the bottom of the inventory wheel). There will be 4 different boxes you can choose from, select the bottom box, your transmog will be in there.

ZenaxPure

Can anyone confirm if the Monk Exploding Palm skill is the new one or the old one?

I was under the impression that this patch followed 2.06 balancing but apparently some skills follow 2.1 balancing. For example Earthquake's damage values are more in line with 2.1 values. So it seems like some skills might be more similar to their 2.1 counter parts. Might apply to items as well.

Man that could get really weird depending on how it was handled. If console has new EP but old items... That would kind of suck. New EP isn't useless obviously but without the item changes (SWK specifically) it would put monk into kind of a crummy spot for group play.

Top Bottom