• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

fernoca

Do I need to unlock anything to send mail? A friend is playing but I can't see his name on the mailbox so I can send something to him.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do I need to unlock anything to send mail? A friend is playing but I can't see his name on the mailbox so I can send something to him.
My mailbox was acting weird for a long time. I could only see four friends all yesterday, but now I can see all my friends that have the game.

Bodom78

It's casual as fuck. The console version even moreso than the PC version. Stat comparing is a breeze on consoles, show you nice little green or red triangles for easy reference. I love navigating the UI with a controller. Settings items for "Junk" status for easy selling was a stroke of genius.

Don't want to go back to PC.

Cheers, good to know.

Think I'll pick up a copy on the weekend, looking forward to trying it out.

Is there a reason random people from my friends list are sending me legendaries or are they just being nice? I started up the game to two of them in my mailbox from two different people.

Wallach

Is there a reason random people from my friends list are sending me legendaries or are they just being nice? I started up the game to two of them in my mailbox from two different people.

It's a console version feature. Sometimes you will find "gift" legendaries that you can't open but are able to send to someone on your friends list.

fvsLHx9.jpg

My ice wizard build is coming along nicely

Ellite25

It's insane how high those damage numbers are. My best weapon right now is in the 20s lol

Also, is there a way to check how long you've played so far?

If anybody wants to throw some weapons my way I would appreciate it. Proposed Law on Xbox One. I just started playing this game and it's great!

Two Words

I would just say that comparing stats through the green/red arrows while fine between 1-70 becomes less and less accurate and often extremely misleading at the top end. It can show you a downgrade or upgrade but it can very well be the exact opposite.

That's because sheet stats matter less at the top end. It's very possible a 700K sheet DPS character could be doing 3-4 times more damage than a 1.2 million DPS character in this game.
It's useless once all you care about are legendaries.

My ice wizard build is coming along nicely

I'm assuming you guys with lvl 70 wizards are playing on Torment? I'm playing Act V on Master, then I'll start a fresh run on Torment. How are you doing in regards to survivability? My DPS is only at 250k, but my health and armor are double what I'm seeing from most other wizard builds.

My friend I have been playing this since Tuesday. He is a crusader I'm a doctor.

We are absolutely crushing it on expert. They are very compatable classes.

Were leveling very fast though. 32 and we just wrecked butcher.

drotahorror

So yeah totally hit level 70 from the last quest in act V. Felt good. I remember having to beat base Diablo 3x to get 60. This time I only had to clear each act 1 time. And I didn't even do full clears in act 2,3,4. Just played on expert start to finish and got 70 on the last quest.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If anybody wants to throw some weapons my way I would appreciate it. Proposed Law on Xbox One. I just started playing this game and it's great!
Yo, let's be friends so we can send nemesis enemies to destroy each other, lol. My gamertag = kittens dx. I just followed you.

I'm assuming you guys with lvl 70 wizards are playing on Torment? I'm playing Act V on Master, then I'll start a fresh run on Torment. How are you doing in regards to survivability? My DPS is only at 250k, but my health and armor are double what I'm seeing from most other wizard builds.

Well i actually havent gone through Act 1-IV yet with my character so im doing that now on Master to get the achievement. All i have done was act V on Expert so i went up a level to go through the remainder of the campaign.

once i do that, i will be playing adventure mode on Torment I

I know that im pretty good in terms of survivability, but things get hairy when there are a group of elites and i have to kite them around a for a bit.

Wallach

I haven't had these drop yet, how often do they drop?

Haven't found one either between my L30 Barbarian and L26 Monk. Xevren sent me one earlier, though, so my plan to mooch heavily is going forward as planned.

I heard you always get one when killing a Nemesis, I'm not sure if that one can only go to the guy that was killed by that Nemesis though or if you can still choose.

I know that im pretty good in terms of survivability, but things get hairy when there are a group of elites and i have to kite them around a for a bit.

That's generally standard operating procedure for ranged classes like wizards, anyhow. Elemental damage from elites can get nasty very quickly if you don't have significant resistances built up, which slotting diamonds in armor pieces is very good for. I'm debating whether to sacrifice some of my armor rating for more DPS, but chances are good that I'll see some killer lvl 70 legendaries when I start Torment.

That's because sheet stats matter less at the top end. It's very possible a 700K sheet DPS character could be doing 3-4 times more damage than a 1.2 million DPS character in this game.

Yep, this can't be stressed enough. My barbarian on PC only has 400k sheet damage but I completely crush T6. I'm not entirely sure how it is handled in the RoS console version but a lot of stats are not factored into your sheet values on PC. I assume it works similarly though because you can't really give a general idea of your DPS if you are stacking say +fire damage but all your attacks are lightning.

Can you explain this?

Im not that knowledgeable so what would make you have a lot more damage than what is on the sheeT? is that because of say critical hits? or like if you are stacking cold damage like my character so the end damage is way more than it says i can?

Orca

Yeah it's the gift legendary thing. I sent a buddy one earlier today. Neat idea.

Chucker

I've been getting gift drops all over the place. I'm in the other thread, but if you want in on some of this action on XBO my GT is Chux.

I ended up sending 5 gifts to one person since only like 4 people on my list play.

Digging it though, even after getting Paragon level 250+ on PC.

Haven't found one either between my L30 Barbarian and L26 Monk. Xevren sent me one earlier, though, so my plan to mooch heavily is going forward as planned.

I heard you always get one when killing a Nemesis, I'm not sure if that one can only go to the guy that was killed by that Nemesis though or if you can still choose.

If that's the case, I don't think a Nemesis will be popping up in my HC game because not many people are playing HC on my friends list.

Anyone on PS4 who's playing HC want to add me?

PSN: earvcunanan

Xevren

Can you explain this?

Im not that knowledgeable so what would make you have a lot more damage than what is on the sheeT? is that because of say critical hits? or like if you are stacking cold damage like my character so the end damage is way more than it says i can?

Unless things have changed, they don't really account for elemental attack percentages into sheet damage. You can get a ton of it too, so it's a massive thing.

Meanwhile the people on my list are bums, I check my mailbox frequently and it has nothing :(

ZenaxPure

Can you explain this?

There are stats that can effect character power but can't really be displayed on the sheet for obvious reasons. Take for example the Mirrorball source wizards can get. This causes your magic missile to shoot 2 extra missiles. The effect on it is incredibly powerful, in high end gear your fire magic missile can crit for 7 million or so and you get 3 of those (as opposed to 1). It is hard for a stat like this to be represented in pure numerical values because the usefulness of it changes based on what rune you have equipped (as the fire one is by far the strongest) not to mention if you aren't using magic missile then it gives you no benefit whatsoever.

There are other stats like this as well, elemental damage being the most common. Elemental damage increases for any element can roll on a lot of gear now and it's something you should be stacking in most cases at endgame, but due to the nature of it it is again hard to show in the character sheet (because what happens if you have 100% increased fire damage but you aren't using any fire skills?) There are other stats that work this way as well such as cooldown reduction (which is by far the strongest stat for a lot of builds currently).

On the PC version any stat that is not included on the character sheet is indicated by an orange diamond on the item, but, as I do not have RoS on consoles yet I am unsure how this is handled on there.

Basically the morale of the story though is that at level 70 character sheet damage becomes 90% irrelevant and you have to start paying attention to the stats themselves and figuring it out on your own.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Had to recruit some help to beat
Belial
[Act 2 boss] on expert. Holy hell.

We are the same paragon level. Hmmm you do like 300k more damage but I have 1000k more defense and 7k more regen. You must melt, that is if they get to touch you!
It's a very high risk high reward build but it's loads of fun. Everything is centered around cold damage and stacking within it. One the absolute zero black hole hits I'm getting between 2-3 million damage crits with my blizzard arcane orb.

Post a pic of your build like I did man i wanna see.

Xevren

Act 2 boss definitely has odd behavior compared to the pc version. All he did after a few attacks was the one where he stuck his hands in the ground to make meteors gave everywhere. I could definitely see some newer players struggle with something like that.

antitrop

He beat me five times! It was those damn green laser column things. I tried my best to dodge them but they got me every time. :-(

I lost count of how many times my two friends and I died when we fought him on Inferno at PC launch. :(

We were even on a Skype call and communicating and had a hell of a time. Of course, PC launch balance was completely fucked and more about how lucky you got on the Auction House.

Wallach

Act 2 boss definitely has odd behavior compared to the pc version. All he did after a few attacks was the one where he stuck his hands in the ground to make meteors gave everywhere. I could definitely see some newer players struggle with something like that.

Someone else mentioned that earlier in the thread. It sounds like Belial's enrage timer to me; same as on PC, he just does the ground explosions forever after fighting him for too long. For some reason I thought they restricted this behavior to Torment difficulties on PC at some point, but I dunno how it works here on console.

nubbe

Strange I play on expert, act 2 boss did like no damage at all to me... I played that on very poorly :p

On PC it was much much harder

Xevren

Someone else mentioned that earlier in the thread. It sounds like Belial's enrage timer to me; same as on PC, he just does the ground explosions forever after fighting him for too long. For some reason I thought they restricted this behavior to Torment difficulties on PC at some point, but I dunno how it works here on console.

Yea that must be what it is, fight took a bit since I was carrying a couple people who didn't contribute anything at all. Still won the fight, just had to move around. Wasn't on torment though so I'm wondering if it's on all difficulties.

if im level 70 and my mate is level 60 and we want to tackle some adventure together tomorrow, should he invite me or i invite him?

if he invites me and enemies are level 60..will i get any drops at all?

if i invite him and enemies are my level..will he be able to survive?

Wallach

if im level 70 and my mate is level 60 and we want to tackle some adventure together tomorrow, should he invite me or i invite him?

if he invites me and enemies are level 60..will i get any drops at all?

if i invite him and enemies are my level..will he be able to survive?

If you invite him, it will scale up his stats to level 70, but still drop his loot at his level.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's a very high risk high reward build but it's loads of fun. Everything is centered around cold damage and stacking within it. One the absolute zero black hole hits I'm getting between 2-3 million damage crits with my blizzard arcane orb.

Post a pic of your build like I did man i wanna see.

p2A5y0I.jpg

jonabbey

So damn better on PS4 than playing vanilla on PS3 was. I've got to give it to Blizzard, they support their games like nobody else in the business.

Looking at your build vs mine - you have a LOT more vitality and armour - but your DEX is about half my INT so i think that would account for the disparity in damage vs the fact that your guy is a lot more survivable. Do you need more slotted items for emeralds or is that just the build you want?

If you invite him, it will scale up his stats to level 70, but still drop his loot at his level.

sorry, what do you mean "scale up his stats" - does this mean its better for him to play with me as the lead player or better for me to join his game. If i join his game will i get level 70 loot or only level 60?

Wallach

sorry, what do you mean "scale up his stats" - does this mean its better for him to play with me as the lead player or better for me to join his game. If i join his game will i get level 70 loot or only level 60?

They call it "Apprentice Mode", and from what I understand it only works if the higher level guy creates the game and the lower level guy joins that game.

Basically it boosts his power level up - likely in relation to the quality of his gear at his actual level - to where he'd roughly be stat-wise to the level of the player that created the game. I don't think it works the other way round - if you join a game he creates you'll just be a lot stronger than him and will likely receive loot scaled to the zone (which will be scaled to his level since he is the creator).

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Looking at your build vs mine - you have a LOT more vitality and armour - but your DEX is about half my INT so i think that would account for the disparity in damage vs the fact that your guy is a lot more survivable. Do you need more slotted items for emeralds or is that just the build you want?
I'm not going for any particular build, and yeah for whatever reason my current equipment has no sockets.

They call it "Apprentice Mode", and from what I understand it only works if the higher level guy creates the game and the lower level guy joins that game.

Basically it boosts his power level up - likely in relation to the quality of his gear at his actual level - to where he'd roughly be stat-wise to the level of the player that created the game. I don't think it works the other way round - if you join a game he creates you'll just be a lot stronger than him and will likely receive loot scaled to the zone (which will be scaled to his level since he is the creator).

thats really cool man thanks. Going to have to try this out!

Top Bottom