• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

this fucking game!
already played it on pc and ps3 but now on ps4 i've finally found
the experience that i was looking for.

and thanks to the people who sent me some nice stuff!

feel free to add me and i'm gonna send out some gear that i can't use for my witch doctor.

psn id: King_Sabotage

Jtrizzy

What does the ++ thing mean for the arrow stats? I get that the sword is the attack and the shield is armor etc, but I'm not getting what stats it encompasses.

Also PLEASE add button mapping Blizzard!! I want powers on L1 and L2, and have health as a face button. It would be much easier to dodge not having to switch back and forth between the joystick and face buttons.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Dammit, no one has sent me anything even though I already have sent 5 Legendaries (to 5 out of the 40 or so people I friended from GAF). Bad luck I guess.

IHaveIce

Banned
Again can someone who played a long time on pc shiw me some kickass Monk builds or how to stat in the paragon levels?

Wonder which skills with what runes are the best considered build for them.

Jtrizzy

Curious what adjustments you're making. I always turn ambiance to the max.

Turning sound effects waay down, as they are coming out of my rear speakers for the most part. Turning my front speakers way up since the music is all coming from them. I'll go back and see if the pc version is the same. This sounds like multi channel stereo almost.

tmespe

Starting to get some sweet legendary gifts now. Thanks guys! I also got invaded by a couple of nemeses. The warning sounds you get before getting invaded are fantastic. Really makes you feel some serious shit is about to get down.

Ok, so that sound that comes up when an elite boss or mob shows up, is the timing on it late or something? It pops up after I've killed an elite, it wasn't like this on PS3.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Question - is the multiplayer cross region?
I'm wondering if I should buy the digital US version, but if it means that I won't be able to play with my coworkers who are getting the Japanese version, I might have to rethink it.

Badgerst3

Found two gift boxes for people on my friend-list. Also received one back, really loving this new feature!

A friend sent me a ring. How do you gift items? Do they have to be legendary?

I tried scrolling through my on line friend list while playing and did see any sort of prompt to mail any of my items...

Liljagare

This is so much fun, and thankfully, no issues on my Ps4.

Have a qestion, do you really need two PSN+ for local coop to work online? I managed to get it working last night online, if my wife logged on her account first, then I joined with my PSN+, and invited friends.

But, if I log on with my PSN+ account, wife joins, it states she needs PSN+ in order for it to go online.

Seems wierd.

I tried scrolling through my on line friend list while playing and did see any sort of prompt to mail any of my items...

doesnt work that way. You will see a drop saying "A gift for X PlayeR" you pick it up, go to your GIFTS section in your inventory (Above where potions are) click A to send. It shows up in his mail box. It happens randomly.

ZangBa

Anyone know when bonus bounties are supposed to change? They've been the same since release. I have to farm Act 1 regardless for a ring, but I'd like to do Act 5 with the bonus, too.

New to Diablo and the game type itself (ARPG?). Having a blast fighting, exploring and learning the menu/systems.

Playing on expert and, speaking as a newbie, feels pretty normal to me.
I'm currently level 21 and looking to apprentice online with a higher level player.

If you want to play sometime here's my psn. Send a friend request: Konopko
(on PS4)

theytookourjobz

Go to your items menu and the first box should be "gifts and caches" or something like that. Then just click on the "gift for so and so" and it will send the item to them. It's only specific drops meant for them that you can send though.

glaurung

Received my PS4 copy this morning. I guess I'm going to roll a Crusader this time around. Well, that's what I was saving playing him for.

This is so much fun, and thankfully, no issues on my Ps4.

Have a qestion, do you really need two PSN+ for local coop to work online? I managed to get it working last night online, if my wife logged on her account first, then I joined with my PSN+, and invited friends.

But, if I log on with my PSN+ account, wife joins, it states she needs PSN+ in order for it to go online.

Seems wierd.

That didn't happen on PS3, seems like an issue that can quickly be resolved on Blizzard's end. Playing other games online on PS4 with multiple profiles doesn't ask for PSN+ on every account (CoD Ghosts).

Checked out my PC version again.

Saw some glitches. The joys of always online! :p

Only visual difference I noticed was the fog density. The PC version felt slightly more atmospheric. I could be wrong though.

And how come the PS4 version doesn't have opened basements?

tmespe

Question - is the multiplayer cross region?
I'm wondering if I should buy the digital US version, but if it means that I won't be able to play with my coworkers who are getting the Japanese version, I might have to rethink it.

You can chose which region to play on in the options. There is also an option for playing cross region.

How do you find The Last of Us themed dungeon?

Is that only available via a DLC code?

It's a rift, so you need to complete the game and get adventure mode. When you open a rift in adventure mode all the rifts are randomized, meaning the Last of Us themed rift is random.

Hammer24

Banned
- was able to send three legendaries to GAFers in one play session yesterday. Feels good! :)
- in the middle of a very intense fight. Its going to be close, but I´m starting to get positive that I´m winning this one. Suddenly, pooof, a portal opens, an incredible monster appears. its name: [red]"Killer of Gowans"[/red]. Said monster wipes the floor with me. Thx buddy... ;-)

Two questions:
- game said "new transmogrification available". What is this?
- I think I read somewhere, that gems could be combined to get better quality. How and where?
Thx!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Checked out my PC version again.

Saw some glitches. The joys of always online! :p

Only visual difference I noticed was the fog density. The PC version felt slightly more atmospheric. I could be wrong though.

And how come the PS4 version doesn't have opened basements?

Unless you're using nvidia inspector, sweet fx or things like radeonpro there are almost no differences. You're not wrong.

Two questions:
- game said "new transmogrification available". What is this?
- I think I read somewhere, that gems could be combined to get better quality. How and where?
Thx!

transmogrification allows you to change your gear to look like something else.

Covetus Shen is who you go to combine gems and forge jewelery.

antitrop

I think they actually removed most of the fog from the PS4 version with the patch.

The first time I booted the game up, there was tons of fog and the framerate was shit (because the patch hadn't been applied, yet). Then I restarted, the fog was gone, and the framerate was locked 60.

Guess we'll find out when DF publishes their final analyses.

Mastamind

Has anyone had mob groups that were much stronger than anything else you've been fighting? I have noticed it at least twice with different characters (PS4)

Okay I was playing on expert and went in one of the random caves in one of the fields before SK in Act1. Up to this point and everywhere else around it the monsters and champ packs would take several hits to kill me, but in this cave even the normal monsters were one shotting me with me not even making a dent in their HP. After giving up on the cave and continuing on, nothing else had been as strong as the monsters in that cave not even bosses.

burnfout

Played for a good 6-7 hours straight yesterday. Level 20 crusader now. Act 1 is fucking long.

My right hand/wrist hurts today, all the R2 mashing for shield bash.

How do I see my current playing time? (PS4)

Marv_79

Neo Member
Also PLEASE add button mapping Blizzard!! I want powers on L1 and L2, and have health as a face button. It would be much easier to dodge not having to switch back and forth between the joystick and face buttons.

Turning on elective mode in the settings should fix this ;)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So if I'm not mistaken, gifts aren't given a level until you open them (or perhaps your mailbox)? Got a gift at 50 earlier but given the section I was at in the game I didnt get around to checking the mail until 52. So when I finally opened it - the item was level 52.

Time to not open any gifts/mail until I'm level 70 :p

What does the ++ thing mean for the arrow stats? I get that the sword is the attack and the shield is armor etc, but I'm not getting what stats it encompasses.

Healing stats. So if an item has life on hit, health globe bonuses, etc. that'll be the green or red in that section.

What if i take a gift from my mailbox and drop it without identifying it. Can my wife pick it up on her account and get a legendary tailored to her?

tmespe

What if i take a gift from my mailbox and drop it without identifying it. Can my wife pick it up on her account and get a legendary tailored to her?

If I remember correctly the gift is instantly identified once you open it, so that would not be possible.

I was wrong!

I checked out both versions side by side. The PC on max at 1080p with the PS4 version, and there are really no differences.

The reason why the fog looked denser in the PC is because the camera is zoomed out more. The Ps4 vers is zoomed in a bit closer, closer to the action. Guess that was a design choice by Blizzard or my settings on my PC is the reason.

The visuals looks the same to me. I'm pretty happy with the PS4 version! :)

There's one noticeable difference: the eyebrows on the female crusader in the Ps4 version looks meaner!

Skele7on

Banned
So whacked it up to hard yesterday doing the first run through with a friend I just found it was too easy and it's not fun not being challenged or nearly dying hard seems a good starting point for those in groups of two, it's a challenge but it's not too bad still,.

I am really enjoying this game, but really wished it came out in June.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped playing twenty minutes ago and I already want to play more. *twitch*

ZangBa

I was looking at the 2.1 patch notes, I guess I'll be hoarding all my rift keys until it comes to consoles. No reason to waste 5 of my keys per rift when I can wait for the patch to use 1 or 2 with my friend. I couldn't find any info about bonus bounties changing on consoles, either. I hope it isn't a weekly Tuesday thing.

Top Bottom