• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

David___

Banned
Finished Act V earlier at level 63(now 65). Time to grind up to 70 and farm the pieces I need for the Holy Shotgun build

Edit: Also a very small idiotic issue, anyone know how to change the exp multiplier from a Massacre bonus to a straight up number?

tmespe

Finished Act V earlier at level 63(now 65). Time to grind up to 70 and farm the pieces I need for the Holy Shotgun build

Just got to Act V myself playing on expert and currently at level 48. Looking forward to going through Act V again. I enjoyed it a lot more than the others on PC.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Well this is now officialy on my top 5 best games ever list.

I was expecting a standard point and click rpg. What i got was an amazing action game with incredibly satisfying combat.

The attention to detail and death abimations of the enemies scattering accross the screen is just the best shit i have experienced in a game.

Anyone agree?

Edit. Typing on phone. Excuse the grammar abd misstypes

Been really enjoying this. Played a lot on PC but decided to jump on the PS4 version. Direct character control is a revelation!

Still on ACT I and I'm a Demon Hunter level 24. Playing solo on expert. Normal mobs are a cinch, but blue and gold mobs require serious work. It's a good challenge. UI/menus take getting used to, but love the junk system.

Only strange loot-related thing so far is Leoric's Crown dropped randomly out of a chest several hours after it first dropped from that initial boss fight. So I had a level 7 version and a level 22 version. Weeeeird.

Loving it though!

Duallusion

So if I'm not mistaken, gifts aren't given a level until you open them (or perhaps your mailbox)? Got a gift at 50 earlier but given the section I was at in the game I didnt get around to checking the mail until 52. So when I finally opened it - the item was level 52.

Time to not open any gifts/mail until I'm level 70 :p

Whoa, if this is true, I'm not touching any of them until 70 too.

Grampasso

How does it work if I buy it on psn for ps3? Will I get a discount when I eventually get a PS4? I already have it on PC, willing to double dip if there's cross-buy between ps3 and ps4 but if I have to pay full price for both games I guess I'll stick on PC and buy it later for PS4

fernoca

How does it work if I buy it on psn for ps3? Will I get a discount when I eventually get a PS4? I already have it on PC, willing to double dip if there's cross-buy between ps3 and ps4 but if I have to pay full price for both games I guess I'll stick on PC and buy it later for PS4
No cross-buy, so...wait. :p

And...just finished Act I. Level 28/Monk. Time to sleep since it's 5:30AM and got hete from eork at 1AM.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
any good videos (lets plays or similar) for a complete noob - I have never played any diablo game but am curious about this.

I was expecting a standard point and click rpg. What i got was an amazing action game with incredibly satisfying combat.

The attention to detail and death abimations of the enemies scattering accross the screen is just the best shit i have experienced in a game.

Anyone agree?

See, I think Diablo 3 was in a way always underappreciated for what it did well, even on launch of the vanilla D3 on PC. It's true that itemization, end-game and story were fucked up and those are by no means minor aspects. However, the core engine is so fucking good. Like the combat feels so darn satisfying thanks to sound, animation quality and physics implementation. I also think the skill system is much better than its competitors or predecessors, however that too required a lot of numbers tweaking etc. to make it shine. I certainly won't argue that too few skills were useful in vanilla but it's gotten better ever since.

Because these core aspects of D3 were actually really good it allowed the game to become better and better via patches and the expansion.

Meanwhile Path of Exile for example still struggles hard with desyncing and the combat will arguable never feel that great unless they create an entirely new engine.

Torchlight...well, that franchise was kinda just mediocre and no one seems to care about it anymore. That subreddit is somewhat dead and just in general, there isn't really anything good to say about TL2. It had a lot of hype due to the anti-D3 bandwagon, but it didn't take long after release for people to recognize its mediocrity and own share of rather huge problems (like online play). Why would anyone play it over PoE or Diablo 3?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
After playing co-op with my partner for a couple of hours, I thought I'd "try out" Witch Doctor for my solo class.

Oh hello 4am I haven't seen you in a while.

Jinjo

Glad I bought this digitally, it is the perfect remote play game. Backtouch is still a bitch though. Started a female wizard and male demon hunter, still not sure what class to go with yet. Any good breakdowns available somewhere where I can compare the different classes? Now I just don´t know what I´m getting myself into.

barit

Monk is a freaking killer machine with controller. Just blasting through enemy hordes like a knife through butter is super funny. Still on ActV and lvl58 but I found some crazy combos already.

JP

Quick question as I'm pretty new to this stuff! Do I have any control over the loot that enemies drop when I kill them or is it random? Is what they drop decided by how well I fought them or something?

HORRORSHØW

i'm in there somewhere.

BvjhE3SCIAA9O6Q.jpg:large

anddo0

I stopped playing twenty minutes ago and I already want to play more. *twitch*

Outside of a few hours with P4G. It's the only game I've played the past two days.

Already had a lvl 60 Monk. I got my Wiz from lvl 57 to 64. Got all the other classes to mid 20's. I'm now solely focusing on the Crusader class from chp 1-5.

Anyone agree?

Ok. This post has now made up my mind. I was on the fence, as i have never played a diablo, or any game that looks ot be in the same genre. But now after reading this post, im going to go home after work and download D3 for ps4.

ZenaxPure

I was looking at the 2.1 patch notes, I guess I'll be hoarding all my rift keys until it comes to consoles. No reason to waste 5 of my keys per rift when I can wait for the patch to use 1 or 2 with my friend. I couldn't find any info about bonus bounties changing on consoles, either. I hope it isn't a weekly Tuesday thing.

To be honest unless the patch is soon this is going to make you hate the game. Loot drop rates are double inside rifts and the end result is you rarely see jack shit when you are out doing bounties. A big part of this (besides the fact that the leg drop rate is double in rifts) is that the most reliable way to get upgrades is through gambling. On max difficulty you get about 15 blood shards for a set of bounties (and items cost 5 each except weapons which are 15). On the same difficulty a single rift clear gives ~100 blood shards, and can very easily take less time than a set of bounties.

Basically it's just really shitty and nearly impossible to upgrade your character in a reasonable amount of time doing nothing but bounties.

Then again if you just randomly wanted to level a bunch of other classes it would be the perfect opportunity. Faster to do straight bounties than rifts and there is no level requirement for fragments, you start getting them at level 1.

Matriox

So whacked it up to hard yesterday doing the first run through with a friend I just found it was too easy and it's not fun not being challenged or nearly dying hard seems a good starting point for those in groups of two, it's a challenge but it's not too bad still,.

I am really enjoying this game, but really wished it came out in June.

Same here.. Destiny is too close and I'm no where near finished with Diablo.. It would have been the perfect summer drought game..

Trigonx

I didn't expect this game to control so well on ps4. I'm helplessly addicted now, enjoying this many times more than I did at d3 launch on pc.

I love being able to send gifts to people, sent the same guy 3 gifts in one day since he was my only d3 friend. I've added more people since to spread the wealth.

The nemesis system is sweet, I barely survived one while fighting another elite group. It felt very satisfying to kill it and then send the gift.

Gonna start doing rifts today, been doing bounties a lot.

m@cross

So this ominous sound starts and my controller starts rumbling.. a Nemesis pops in with 3 kills on other friends and proceeds to kick my ass ;p Love that feature, will be ready next time, but man am I sorry for the rest of you on my list, that bastard is going to be even nastier now.

Wallach

Took my Barbarian up to A3 tonight. At this point Expert is getting totally crushed; in A2 I had something like ten 100+ massacres. Got a Fulminator as a parting gift when leaving for A3, and combined with another free gift in the mail (of which I have yet to find any of my own to send up through level 44) I've got a nice pair of swords that should carry me through A3.

Here's hoping 2.1 comes to PS4 sooner than later; seeing all these garbage 2H weapons on Barbarian bums me out. Especially when one of the Barbarian class items is a 2H.

Hey guys I'm a lvl 33 wizard and this is what I'm rolling with currently.

rEsFpgl.jpg

Any suggestions? I feel like I should be doing more damage. I'm playing on Expert with about 2 other friends who are about lvl 40 something. What should I look for armor and weapon wise. I'm a noob so I'm not really sure what I'm looking for as far as armor and weapons. Any help is appreciated.

Done Act 5 from scratch with my Witch Doctor at level 40.

Blasted through it.

Now onto the real game.

(Yes, I was extremely fast and skipped most of the game... I've done this 1000 times already.)

CRA5H

After putting in around at least 1000 hours on PC, I decided to bite the bullet on PS4... and holy crap does it feel more fun than just pointing and clicking. It has a Gauntlet feel to it and I played the crap out of that franchise since the 90s. Decided to go with my least played class on PC, the sader... 5 hours went by in a heart beat.

Couch coop will be great, especially after reading this from the forums regarding friends using their own character on your console (specifically ps4)...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13840244489

"They don't necessarily need PS+ to transfer. Your friend would log into PSN through their own account that is set up on your PS4. Then after you both were done playing, they could go back into their account on your PS4, export the save file via USB, and then import that on their own console when they have the game.

Without PS+ your friend will be unable to export/import from PSN. With that said, their game data will still be recorded on their account profile (in your system), when you both play local co-op from your system. Hope that helps clear that up!"

Hey guys I'm a lvl 33 wizard and this is what I'm rolling with currently.

rEsFpgl.jpg

Any suggestions? I feel like I should be doing more damage. I'm playing on Expert with about 2 other friends who are about lvl 40 something. What should I look for armor and weapon wise. I'm a noob so I'm not really sure what I'm looking for as far as armor and weapons. Any help is appreciated.

Alright for me ill give you advice based on my wizard build, but bear in mind you will only REALLY get the build you want at level 70. You need to determine what build suits your play style. My build was basically a glass cannon build where i get in, do as much damage as possible and roll out.

Pre 70 Build

I used Electrocute as my base weapon
Time Bubble (Extra Damage)
Frost Nova (Chilled Damage)
Disintegrate
Explosive Blast (Short Fuse)

This is a link to what i used:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#URgiYh!YbcW!YYbYcb

(Ignore level 70, dont use the 4th passive)

Basically, run in, use time bubble. Then frost nova, then short fuse explosive blast, roll back and start using disintegrate.

Once i hit level 70 i switched to a proper ice mage build which was just devastating:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UciNYS!cbiW!YcYZcZ

This build starts with a Frozen Hydra, then frost nova, then Absolute Zero black hole then finally Cold Arcane Orb - the damage in this was just insane with my build:

fvsLHx9.jpg

You then use electrocute with Prodigy passive to refill everything and repeat.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Question - is the multiplayer cross region?
I'm wondering if I should buy the digital US version, but if it means that I won't be able to play with my coworkers who are getting the Japanese version, I might have to rethink it.
Yes it's fully worldwide. There is a region lock option in the Options that I think is ticked by default but that can be turned off.

Atkison04

Played my first ever Diablo last night for about an hour and fifteen minutes. Wasn't sure about it at first, but once I went into the cathedral in Act 1 I was digging it pretty good. Reminds me of a game that if I was a kid again I would stay up all night exploring. Managed to get to level 7 with my wizard character (named him "Hunter"). Looking forward to digging back in tonight after the kids go to bed. Any recommendations for spells to use when unlocked? Rolling with the basic starting spell, the freeze ray spell and the purple exploding orb spell at the moment. Freeze ray seems to be my go to spell though for now.

Wallach

Does Leap on Barbarians still have a 10 second cooldown on PC RoS? Because it's 5 seconds on PS4. And Earthquake already has the 2.1 damage values. I guess I know what I'll be building towards while waiting for 2.1 to come to consoles...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
shout out to jafku for taking that nemesis down

got three characters now:

26 demon hunter (for parties)
5 crusader (for solo)
10 monk (hardcore)

game is tooo fun, but you really need to hit 25 for character builds to start getting interesting.
can't wait to unlock adventure mode.

Played my first ever Diablo last night for about an hour and fifteen minutes. Wasn't sure about it at first, but once I went into the cathedral in Act 1 I was digging it pretty good. Reminds me of a game that if I was a kid again I would stay up all night exploring. Managed to get to level 7 with my wizard character (named him "Hunter"). Looking forward to digging back in tonight after the kids go to bed. Any recommendations for spells to use when unlocked? Rolling with the basic starting spell, the freeze ray spell and the purple exploding orb spell at the moment. Freeze ray seems to be my go to spell though for now.

Freeze Ray stays good for a long time

I am level 30 and still using it. Its cheap, does good damage and slows enemies down. Combos great with Time Stop and Hydra.

LogicStep

So now that you guys have had some time with it, worth it if I already got the PC ver.? I'm interested mainly because it looks like it would control much better with a controller and thus more fun, on top of all the extras.

ced

I'm not going to be able to finish this by Destiny, I wish they would have released it a month earlier.

Off topic but it bothers the hell out of me, the subtitle should be "Loot has never looked this good!"

Top Bottom