• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

BFIB

Lvl 34 now on my Demon Hunter. This game just gets better the higher the lvl you are. Feels intense.

Just wait until you hit 70.

I'm loving everyone in here complaining about the difficulty. They are just getting warmed up.

ZenaxPure

SS has a rune that gives you momentary invincibility basically iirc - but its so fast you might as well use vault to leave area at a quicker rate-and conserve the resources/ or slot for something else

Actually invincibility is a base trait for smoke screen, even no rune. It's what makes it a better defensive option on torment 6 where it's very easy to get one shot as a demon hunter if you don't have the unity combo going.

Hopefully this will be less of an issue when dex gives armor in 2.1.

edit:having a quiver that makes bolas explode immediately helps :)

3CfUpZ6.gif

ZenaxPure

ah ok- well- I never found it more or less useful when playing with my DH and went with vault

Yeah I like vault a lot more myself as well, was hard to give up when I started trying to achieve T6 stuff, but you are really limited on skill slots as demon hunter at endgame since marauder set takes at a minimum 3 skill slots to use properly and I was tired of randomly being one shot.

Someday I will get a fucking dex Unity... Someday...

Gator86

Some impressions of difficulty from my experience of co-op with my wife, who never touched a Diablo game before (or possibly any action RPG). The difficulty descriptions (up to expert, anyways) are off considerably and should probably be:

Normal = Casual (I did not meet any challenge at this difficulty and I am not sure how I would even be able to die, unless only wearing normal and/or blue gear).
Hard = Normal (There is not much difficulty to this mode, but there are times where I had to focus on health and spell management. Once I obtained descent rares, I was able to completely run away with the game.)
Expert = Challenging (I encountered several deaths in this mode, and it required more of a focus on spell usage and health management, depending on the situation. However, I still was able to stand still and bang away at enemies for the majority of my Act I through Act VI run, ending at level 57. A descent set of rares are adequate. Good legendaries make you feel OP. Late Act III and Act IV enemies began presenting more of a resistance, which I liked.).

I am hoping Master provides even more challenge. I remember dropping D3 vanilla due to how poor loot system and inferno difficulty (way too difficult and the loot system was completely broken) was handled. I think anyone thinking expert difficulty can only be played by people who are experts at this game, need not worry. From what I can see, gone are the days of broken combinations of elite mods (invincible+jailer+vortex+mortar, in a small closed-in area was completely broken).

They do a good job with the difficulty, I think. I played through the game on master without much trouble. I have a fresh 70 on torment1 now and I've had some fights where I get destroyed. The waller affix is death. Not much I can do but die when I'm walled in, the floor is covered in poison, and there's a spinning ice globe on top of me for 3 or 4 seconds.

I have played a lot of co-op online. I have literally seen 2 Barbs, 2 Witch Doctors, maybe 3-4 Wizards.

Everyone and their mother is playing as a DH or Crusader.

antitrop

Everything involving Zoltun Kulle is the worst thing ever. He's the worst character ever. That stupid laugh

Act 2 is such a disgrace, between that and the Enchantress and her stupid fucking footprints.

Guys any favorite melee class? Played a DH and wizard already on PC :D

My main on PC was a 60 Barb, a 60 Monk on Xbox 360 version, and I rolled Crusader here on PS4, currently level 50.

I'm having a lot more fun with Crusader since their melee/durability feels very similar to Barb but they also have some really satisfying AoE abilities. Monk has some neat tricks but just doesn't have the satisfying flow of combat that I get from the other two melee's.

If you want to avoid running into people playing the same class, I'd probably recommend Barb (although I still have grouped with a few). Crusaders (not including myself) have been in every multiplayer game I've joined so far.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Watching that 3-minute plot summary vid a few pages back, I now wish Maghda really was voiced by Rita Repulsa.

On the PC version, can't you enlarge the map and play with it center screen, transparent? I always play ARPGs like that and it's fustrating that it seems the only map options are minimap and full screen that pauses the game.

On the PC version, when you enlarge the map, you lose control of your character.

Spontaneously bought this today for my PS4 to fill the gap until Destiny, but I only had like 15 minutes of time.

Is it a good idea to play the first playthrough alone? Chose my wizard by the way :)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Everything involving Zoltun Kulle is the worst thing ever. He's the worst character ever. That stupid laugh

He's got nothing on Azmodan in Act 3. I felt queasy from embarrassment as a grown ass adult listening to his awful taunts and insults as he gloriously revealed every inch of his plans for whatever reason. Care bears had more devious villainry.

Act 2 is such a disgrace, between that and the Enchantress and her stupid fucking footprints.

The first time I played the game, I quite liked Act II. Mainly because it wasn't Act I, which seemed to take for fucking ever to finish.

antitrop

He's got nothing on Azmodan in Act 3. I felt queasy from embarrassment as a grown ass adult listening to his awful taunts and insults as he gloriously revealed every inch of his plans for whatever reason. Care bears had more devious villainry.

Okay, fine, every Act is a disgrace. Thank fuck the gameplay is so good.

Refresh my memory, all I remember is it being a terrible impression of Diablo II's fantastic Act IV.

Things like Diablo's empty threats constantly reminding you that you're never going to stop him (her?) come to mind but thankfully you can hit Circle to stop the dialogue each time.

BokehKing

Banned
Don't know who spider guy is, but you're the only person online level appropriate at the time for some special green tier gear (special recipe I suppose)

Can someone explain this Nemesis system to me?

If a monster kills a player it levels up and randomly jumps into the people on your friend's list playing D3. Every time it kills it levels up and jumps around, so you see how scary a Nemesis is, especially if it has been on a successful killing spree for a while.

BokehKing

Banned
He's got nothing on the child form of belial

'thaaaaaank the gods you have arrived"

I can not stand his voice at all hahaha

BFIB

Spontaneously bought this today for my PS4 to fill the gap until Destiny, but I only had like 15 minutes of time.

Is it a good idea to play the first playthrough alone? Chose my wizard by the way :)

It depends if you want to see the story. Story is pretty lame, but the cutscenes are Blizzard top quality.

Blablurn

Just started the game after downloading the first 6GB. Shall I leave it on throughout the night, so it can download the rest in the background?

Question: Why are the video cut-scenes full of so many artifacts (PS4 edition)? Everything in the game runs super smooth, but the normally awesome looking videos look janky as hell.

Woorloog

Banned
Zoltun Kulle is the best story element of Diablo 3 (no comment on RoS story content).
That laugh? So hilariously terrible. Like my friend commented sarcastically: "This ain't a bad guy at all".
Besides, the whole quest... Collect body parts to resurrect a guy to open a door for you, kill him. I mean, the whole game's about getting doors opened so that you can go onward but that takes the top place as the silliest way to get a door opened.

I wouldn't actually mind the hamminess and overacting (those things rarely bother me) in this game if the story weren't so terrible and badly and boringly written.

EDIT Zoltun Kulle is so bad he's good. Unfortunately the rest can't be said for the rest of the story which is mostly "so bad it is bad".

Yeah Act II licks big furry ones. The shitty dialogue I can live with, it's the level design more than anything that grinds my gears. It just feels like a slapped together level. I've loathed it since day one / vanilla PC.

Top Bottom