• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
So tempted to get Ultimate Evil but with Destiny 3 weeks away I'm trying to hold off.

God this is my dilemma. I already played it on PC, Destiny is right around the corner.... but hot damn I'm still on the verge of picking up a PS4 copy. I need someone to talk some reason into me.

Had this Nat Slayer drop. Pretty damn good. If I get another good one handed cross bow I might go dual wield hunter.

Also I had this drop was super excited then I saw the main stat. -_-' maybe I'll roll wizard down the line.

Can you reroll that "Ingore durability loss" into a primary affix and thus attack speed? If so, go for it. A 10% damage + high Cold Damage role on that is insanely good. That amulett is also top tier btw, rerolling vit into CritDamage makes it a real good piece for a fire wiz.

antitrop

God this is my dilemma. I already played it on PC, Destiny is right around the corner.... but hot damn I'm still on the verge of picking up a PS4 copy. I need someone to talk some reason into me.

I enjoyed the Alpha and Beta, but I still have no reason to expect Destiny to be better than Diablo III.

jaaz

Okay, pick up D3 on PS4. :)

Seriously, I am in the exact same boat and loving this game. I will still be playing it come Destiny launch. This is the PERFECT game to buy digitally. It's great to always have it on your PS4 and quickly launch it when you just want to kick some butt for awhile. Destiny is going to be great, but I know I'll need to take a break from that game every once in a while.

Oscar

Is farming bounties on Normal and then opening Caches on Torment a viable strat?

My gear is too weak to solo Torment II atm.

So much action...so addictive....

jOk89yu.jpg

LCGeek

formerly sane
Is farming bounties on Normal and then opening Caches on Torment a viable strat?

My gear is too weak to solo Torment II atm.

Nope they nixed that ages ago.

You're just fine running normal bounties in groups for caches and then opening them. You get certain popular rings that way and legendaries of good quality still come out of them

Crimzun Wolf

Neo Member
Can you reroll that "Ingore durability loss" into a primary affix and thus attack speed? If so, go for it. A 10% damage + high Cold Damage role on that is insanely good. That amulett is also top tier btw, rerolling vit into CritDamage makes it a real good piece for a fire wiz.

Nope the "ignore durability loss" is a secondary stat. Maybe when patch 2.1 hits I'll tinker around as to what I want to reroll the socket for. As for the amulet, yep was planning on re rolling it but it's a bit expensive for me to start doing that. Maybe in a week or 2 after I get some more materials.

ZenaxPure

I wish it was time consuming, but it's actually so simple and quick it makes me angry.

Oh well it's only fair, I'm not sure how this exploit works specifically but there was one on PC for a while people abused and got a crazy amount of shards from lol.

Haines

Banned
I just want to vent.

Me and the fiance loved d3 PC and the xpac. But didn't play much past top level due to wanting coop play.

Finally get this on ps4. And barely any time to play. So I just browse this thread at work to try and take some of the itch away.

Oh how life with kids and work changes things.lol

I just want to vent.

Me and the fiance loved d3 PC and the xpac. But didn't play much past top level due to wanting coop play.

Finally get this on ps4. And barely any time to play. So I just browse this thread at work to try and take some of the itch away.

Oh how life with kids and work changes things.lol

Reading and posting at work makes it harder for me, lol.

I was halfway through Act 1 when I accepted an invite into a friends game. They were in Act 2, am I going to be able to go back and finish Act 1 solo now, or have I just skipped a chunk of the game?

ZangBa

Oh well it's only fair, I'm not sure how this exploit works specifically but there was one on PC for a while people abused and got a crazy amount of shards from lol.

Well, this method basically renders farming shards pointless since you can endlessly use the ones you have and reset it in no time. :/

antitrop

I was halfway through Act 1 when I accepted an invite into a friends game. They were in Act 2, am I going to be able to go back and finish Act 1 solo now, or have I just skipped a chunk of the game?
You can always go back and start from the beginning of any quest you've got to, at any time, you just have to choose it from the main menu.

ZenaxPure

Well, this method basically renders farming shards pointless since you can endlessly use the ones you have and reset it in no time. :/

Pretty lame, I always question things like this and why people do it. Doing that ruins your personal enjoyment of the game unless for some reason your only source of enjoyment is having the absolute best gear and then never playing again. Reminds me of people who did chest runs at the start of the expansion (which is what led to rifts getting a double drop rate in the first place). Avoid mobs as much as you can to just open chests and never fight anything.

Always kind of baffles me.

Pretty lame, I always question things like this and why people do it. Doing that ruins your personal enjoyment of the game unless for some reason your only source of enjoyment is having the absolute best gear and then never playing again. Reminds me of people who did chest runs at the start of the expansion (which is what led to rifts getting a double drop rate in the first place). Avoid mobs as much as you can to just open chests and never fight anything.

Always kind of baffles me.

Yeah, I never understood it either, but the blood shard thing is different. I'm sure you know Zenax that at some point sooner or later Kadala is the best chance you have at getting that one specific item you need. I did the blood shard exploit because I needed that one piece of gear that I wasn't finding by doing rift after rift after rift after rift. It took about 5k shards, but eventually I got it. Not all of them were exploited, though. IIRC it wasn't up for that long before it was patched.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, I never understood it either, but the blood shard thing is different. I'm sure you know Zenax that at some point sooner or later Kadala is the best chance you have at getting that one specific item you need. I did the blood shard exploit because I needed that one piece of gear that I wasn't finding by doing rift after rift after rift after rift. It took about 5k shards, but eventually I got it. Not all of them were exploited, though. IIRC it wasn't up for that long before it was patched.

Yeah the PC thing was only up for a day or so before they fixed it.

Not to toot my own horn or whatever but I do really lean on that scale to the extreme lol. As of this week I passed the 30,000 bloodshard mark on trying to get a goddamn mirrorball on my wizard (with 2 missiles instead of 1) with no luck at all. Yet despite that I still wouldn't cheat if I had the opportunity. I really like the feel of earning something myself.

This might be a stupid question but what is the little armor sign with a plus on it underneath your character on the inventory screen? I know the sword is dps and the shield is armor but I'm not sure about that last attribute.

Kemal86

Just finished Act 5 and got to 70 with my imported PS3 version Monk.

I didn't get a single upgrade :( I'm still using my level 60 gear. Which while not terrible, was hardly the best. Now I'm having a little trouble in Adventure mode killing things at a decent clip.

Haines

Banned
Its the same as hacking. Some people find more enjoyment in winning or coming out on top in hear w.e by whatever means.

Is it weird yes. People have different values.

Yeah the PC thing was only up for a day or so before they fixed it.

Not to toot my own horn or whatever but I do really lean on that scale to the extreme lol. As of this week I passed the 30,000 bloodshard mark on trying to get a goddamn mirrorball on my wizard (with 2 missiles instead of 1) with no luck at all. Yet despite that I still wouldn't cheat if I had the opportunity. I really like the feel of earning something myself.

Jesus christ! Wow. Props.

I fucking lost it when I finally got my Tasker and Theo's. Like, a little girl giggling running around the room.

This might be a stupid question but what is the little armor sign with a plus on it underneath your character on the inventory screen? I know the sword is dps and the shield is armor but I'm not sure about that last attribute.

DPS, Defense, and Healing.

ZenaxPure

Jesus christ! Wow. Props.

I fucking lost it when I finally got my Tasker and Theo's. Like, a little girl giggling running around the room.

Yeah, this is a pretty big outlier for me. T&T I actually got within 15 shards lol (big outlier there, but in a good way). Usually I can get an item I want in less than 2000 shards (or 4000 for the rarer stuff) but for some reason this source seems impossible. I've gotten 2 of them from Kadala but both only had 1 extra missile.

Makes me cry a little, but I still continue on.

Playing as DH and the damage output vs the hatred meter is so damn low? I'm only level 5 but it takes me 5 min to kill any end of quest mobs and a long time to kill anything else. Because the meter takes ages to charge up again and I have skills that do very little damage. I'm shooting peas. Gonna change my class. It will take three times longer to go through with this class.

antitrop

Playing as DH and the damage output vs the hatred meter is so damn low? I'm only level 5 but it takes me 5 min to kill any end of quest mobs and a long time to kill anything else. Because the meter takes ages to charge up again and I have skills that do very little damage. I'm shooting peas. Gonna change my class. It will take three times longer to go through with this class.

Low level DH is tedious as fuck.

Doesn't get interesting until mid-20s.

Raxious

Ok, so I've got 2 tips:

1. Keep your gifts till lvl 70, then they'll be lvl 70 legendaries.
2. If u wanna get some extra EXP, just before you finish a quest / bounty, boost the difficulty up. That way you'll get more EXP.

Also, just hit lvl 70 on my WD. No way I'll be playing on that character again xD

Just finished Act 5 and got to 70 with my imported PS3 version Monk.

I didn't get a single upgrade :( I'm still using my level 60 gear. Which while not terrible, was hardly the best. Now I'm having a little trouble in Adventure mode killing things at a decent clip.

I'm right there with you.

Still using my level 60 set pieces on my level 68 monk.

Ascenion

Hot damn I love this game. My first foray into Diablo. Love the Monk and Wizard and keep switching between them. Just got Wiz to act 2. This game is going to be detrimental to my studies.

antitrop

Just beat Act II at Level 48 (only +10 from Act I). Loved the new camera angle on the console version of the Belial fight, looked really cool.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Any reason why my Stash isn't shared anymore? My imported Monk is seemingly on a different stash than my new characters.

EDIT. In fact I just checked and all my chars are on different stashes. Bummer

EDIT. Oh God I think I was looking at the inventories. I am teh dumb

drotahorror

Hey can anyone tel me if I'm doing the right thing in terms of farming gear?

Basically I run Adventure mode on torment 1 (I might be able to to t2 I haven't tried) and farm rift keys. Then I do rifts and then repeat? Is that the most viable way to farm gear and XP for paragon levels?

Once you get to Level 20+ Demon Hunter ramps up a lot...it doesn't take long to get that at all

RexNovis

Banned
Did they eliminate % damage converted to Life? It's my favorite magic property. I havent had a single weapon drop with it so I've been using the weapons from my stash that had it from my PS3 playthrough but that caps out at lvl 60 :(

Top Bottom