• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Navy Bean

After leveling my DH to 38 I switched to my (transferred) Wiz to get to level 70 and finish the game.

And I couldn't stop trying to Vault with my wizard...ugh. Vault makes the game so much fun - every character should have it...lol.

damn, female crusader looks rad as hell... shoulda went male demhun and female crusader...

are you me? this place is a ghost town right now so i've just been half assing some unit tests and goofing off all day. the day is like molasses........

Haha, pretty crazy. We should group up once we have a couple characters near the same level (not that they HAVE to be). I might just go ahead and start my Wizard alt since I believe I have all the materials to make Cain's set and should be able to level quickly. I might just finish Act 5 with Crusader (just got to it last night, very beginning) to unlock Adventure Mode so I can level up a little faster.

I plan to play the hell out of this all weekend if you (or anyone here for that matter) want to play sometime.

I'm playing a Crusader on Expert and holy shit the drops and how quickly you level is crazy. i just beat the skeleton king and I'm level 21. I think I beat the PC version and original 360 version on normal at level 35...

u w0t m8

Playing on Expert too and I beat the Skeleton King at level 13 or 14. I didn't skip fights or anything... 0_0

Kaibutsu

Have my Wave Blue PS4 controller and this game coming today. I've held off on grabbing a second controller for this, simply because I wanted a colored one.

Looking forward to some great couch coop. It's scary how good this game worked on a PS3/Console in general, but it probably shouldn't surprise me since I still remember playing Diablo 1 with a friend on PS1.

Really looking forward to it on PS4.

I know exactly how you feel!
Bvb6QoHIMAAkOLJ.jpg:large

Why not buy PSN money from Amazon using the gift cards?

The Amazon FAQ says you can't buy US PSN codes using Amazon UK credit (because I'd have to use my UK credit on the US site)

I don't know if you're from the EU, but we get screwed over on PSN prices. If I were to buy Diablo 3 on PSN it would be basically the equivalent of $100.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Any Demon Hunter tips/guides? I'm lvl 23 and while I'm doing ok I feel something is missing. I'm dual wielding crossbows. Is a bow better? Which skills should I use? The only one I really use is the rapid fire one.

Kaibutsu

u w0t m8

Playing on Expert too and I beat the Skeleton King at level 13 or 14. I didn't skip fights or anything... 0_0

I think it's because I've been hitting experience multipliers non-stop. I never have a fight where i don't get 2X or greater experience from all the mobs. I've had a few 100 kill combos and a ton of 50 kill ones

Any Demon Hunter tips/guides? I'm lvl 23 and while I'm doing ok I feel something is missing. I'm dual wielding crossbows. Is a bow better? Which skills should I use? The only one I really use is the rapid fire one.

I would just test things out as you level and find things you enjoy using, nothing really matter until 70 - at that point if you want to min-max there are hundreds of websites to help out with all that!

Just have some fun.

I'm at hard on my HC run and I think it's the perfect difficulty for a fresh character (I'm crusader at the moment). Having fun with the class and I'm nowhere near 30-40.

This game is lovely because no one can tell you what's "fun".

Personally, crusader has stolen my heart with its variability, I've seen hammer toss builds, with blessed hammers surrounding them like mad after popping akarahs champion.. but I don't mess with any of that.. Slash is my wrath maker, with the lightning rune that has a chance to stun and a fast yet powerful weapon, and a quick splash of shield glare to blind mobs as soon as I roll up on them and the rune that makes them take more damage..

makes me feel like I'm shanking fools to death before I unleash the flying shield of bouncing death and watch mobs MELT before I ride off for the next mob on my glowing steed of DEATH searching for more things to kill to keep up my combo..I've been doing that since before 20..

Now that I'm higher leveled with crazy Doombringer legendary in hand, the falling drop that nukes enemy mobs and summons 3 other dudes is my mixer upper, and I use consecrate with greater healing plus iron skin to tank elites and bosses. Its a good class, and just as fun as any other, I'll probably do barbarian next for dual wielding purposes.

A nice socket/legendary longbow and a socket quiver are what you should strive for.

edit my endgame DH:

bolas with imminent doom
elemental arrow with nether tentacles
vault with trail of cinders
vengeance with side cannons
companion-wolf
rain of vengeance- flying strike

I focus on healing/leech skills and anything that increases hatred regen or attack speed- and as always DEX is king

I started yesterday as a Wizard and I'm at Lvl 9. This is my first Diablo/Blizzard game and could use a good tips on how to build my character. Right now I'm abusing the fuck out of the ice "kameyameya" beam. I want to build a good character before I start playing with other Gaffers.

Woorloog

Banned
I started yesterday as a Wizard and I'm at Lvl 9. This is my first Diablo/Blizzard game and could use a good tips on how to build my character. Right now I'm abusing the fuck out of the ice "kameyameya" beam. I want to build a good character before I start playing with other Gaffers.

Don't worry about anything before you hit level 70. Stuff changes between 1 and 70 so much.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
After binging all Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm forcing myself to wait till the evening to play today. I'm actually feeling pretty good about it, lol. That's the most intense gaming binge I've had in years.

urge26

you guys convinced me.... got my order in on Amazon (would've bought B&M but it's sold out on PS4 everywhere)... had no intentions on paying this (my wallet)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
4 player is just so much fun. Really enjoying the mp, after spending the vast majority of my PC time rolling solo. There must be some sort of XP boost when grouping up because I was gaining levels so fast.

zou

Ugh, some of the bounties are bullshit, especially those "kill all enemies on level 2". Half the time I'm running around >5m trying to find the damn entrance to level 2. And then the game fucks you over by spawning monsters in places you already cleared, so you run around another 5m trying to find that last fucker. Backtracking is not my definition of fun, especially considering how awfully slow the whole game is to begin with.

antitrop

After binging all Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm forcing myself to wait till the evening to play today. I'm actually feeling pretty good about it, lol. That's the most intense gaming binge I've had in years.

Yup, Diablo III PC launched the week after finals at the end of May in 2012, and is probably my greatest gaming binge ever.

During the first 72 hours, I only slept by taking short naps when the game wouldn't login due to Error 37s, 2007s, or 10017s. My login issues weren't nearly as bad as some people, I was actually able to play for the vast majority of the first few days of launch. Probably played at least 55-60 hours out of the first 72.

Ugh, some of the bounties are bullshit, especially those "kill all enemies on level 2". Half the time I'm running around >5m trying to find the damn entrance to level 2. And then the game fucks you over by spawning monsters in places you already cleared, so you run around another 5m trying to find that last fucker. Backtracking is not my definition of fun, especially considering how awfully slow the whole game is to begin with.

Yep. Those are the ones I skip, lol. Just remake the game to reset all the bounties.

ZenaxPure

According to this, 2.1 should come fairly soon after it releases on PC. I think I can handle the wait. Doing bounties at least earns me experience, materials, blood shards, gems and plans, so I'm not bothered too much. I have somewhere over 300 rift keys right now to use, lol.

Well, I say hold out as long as you can because it's a good idea (I am doing the same thing, but since I already have around 800 hours into the expansion it's less of an issue) but if you start to get bored may as well go ahead and burn those rift fragments for the sake of your sanity.

biteren

im having such a blast with this game!!! playing as the Monk AKA Fist Of The Northstar it feels like a beat em up. yesterday i tried out the couch co-op and damn its alot of fun!! great job from Blizzard!

Vire

I'm getting the "online save could not be uploaded" nonsense again with this game. Anyone else? / Any fixes?

antitrop

I'm getting the "online save could not be uploaded" nonsense again with this game. Anyone else? / Any fixes?

I've gotten this with The Last of Us, Watch_Dogs, Child of Light, and Diablo III... which are the only games I've played on PS4.

I just fix it by going to the Notifications and it works when I try to re-upload. It is annoying, though. I figure it's because it's trying to upload the save data to the cloud before I'm actually all the way logged into PSN.

X-Frame

Someone actually watches them?! Haha.

Probably not until next week since my PC is undergoing a few upgrades.

Yes, haha. My copy of D3 was shipped to the wrong UPS facility so I am getting it today as opposed to Tuesday, and I am going FemCrusader so your series is great to show me what to expect when I start.

Not going HC though, that's just crazy, haha.

antitrop

Bummer, I thought it was fixed in the last firmware update. *sigh*
I don't know how it's possible to fuck up a UI so badly. Remember how great the 360 UI was at launch, with the blades and everything? Shit, even the XMB of the PSP and PS3 were better at their launches than the PS4 is nearly a year after its launch. Yuck.

The Vita also had a God-awful UI at launch, with the bubbles and the inability to interface with it using the actual system controls. Sony needs to step it the fuck up!

4 player is just so much fun. Really enjoying the mp, after spending the vast majority of my PC time rolling solo. There must be some sort of XP boost when grouping up because I was gaining levels so fast.

Yup! 10% boost to exp and magic find per player. More games should reward people to play multiplayer when given the option.

Yup! 10% boost to exp and magic find per player. More games should reward people to play multiplayer when given the option.
Damn, I'll have to give that a go. Since I don't get to drop too many hours at a shot, that might help me maximize my time. I'll be able to find games with my lowly teen level monk, right?

A nice socket/legendary longbow and a socket quiver are what you should strive for.

edit my endgame DH:

bolas with imminent doom
elemental arrow with nether tentacles
vault with trail of cinders
vengeance with side cannons
companion-wolf
rain of vengeance- flying strike

I focus on healing/leech skills and anything that increases hatred regen or attack speed- and as always DEX is king

Nice, I'll have to try that.

My build is to basically keep firing Cluster Arrows.

Cluster Arrow/Loaded For Bear
- does the numbers
Entangling Shot/Justice Is Served
- refill Hatred
Preparation/Punishment
- refill Hatred
Shadow Power/Blood Moon
- refill health
Marked For Death/Contagion
- more damage
Vault/Trail Of Cinders

Damn, I'll have to give that a go. Since I don't get to drop too many hours at a shot, that might help me maximize my time. I'll be able to find games with my lowly teen level monk, right?

The game is brand new and people make alts all the time, shouldnt have any trouble finding games. Ive never had to wait more than 10 seconds to find someone with a public game on the same quest as me. Ofcourse, they also give you a more broad search option by just finding a game on the same Act as you.

baconcow

Some impressions of difficulty from my experience of co-op with my wife, who never touched a Diablo game before (or possibly any action RPG). The difficulty descriptions (up to expert, anyways) are off considerably and should probably be:

Normal = Casual (I did not meet any challenge at this difficulty and I am not sure how I would even be able to die, unless only wearing normal and/or blue gear).
Hard = Normal (There is not much difficulty to this mode, but there are times where I had to focus on health and spell management. Once I obtained descent rares, I was able to completely run away with the game.)
Expert = Challenging (I encountered several deaths in this mode, and it required more of a focus on spell usage and health management, depending on the situation. However, I still was able to stand still and bang away at enemies for the majority of my Act I through Act VI run, ending at level 57. A descent set of rares are adequate. Good legendaries make you feel OP. Late Act III and Act IV enemies began presenting more of a resistance, which I liked.).

I am hoping Master provides even more challenge. I remember dropping D3 vanilla due to how poor loot system and inferno difficulty (way too difficult and the loot system was completely broken) was handled. I think anyone thinking expert difficulty can only be played by people who are experts at this game, need not worry. From what I can see, gone are the days of broken combinations of elite mods (invincible+jailer+vortex+mortar, in a small closed-in area was completely broken).

Yes, haha. My copy of D3 was shipped to the wrong UPS facility so I am getting it today as opposed to Tuesday, and I am going FemCrusader so your series is great to show me what to expect when I start.

Not going HC though, that's just crazy, haha.

Cool, have fun!

Got too comfy playing my hardcore crusader. Got smacked by walls and arcane. Fuck.

What area was that? I would need to watch out, then.

k1t4j

Colorado_Devil you have been avenged my fellow gaffer. Sent you a gift ;)

My first nemesis battle, the mob looked crazy those horn sounds were kinda scary and he had a side kick monk with him. Great stuff so excited that i had to share with you guys :)

This game man.... is amazing

The game is brand new and people make alts all the time, shouldnt have any trouble finding games. Ive never had to wait more than 10 seconds to find someone with a public game on the same quest as me. Ofcourse, they also give you a more broad search option by just finding a game on the same Act as you.
Cool, cool, cool. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to put some time in tonight.

JP

Only played it a little bit on the PS3 so it's all quite new to me but I'm absolutely loving this so far on the PS4!!! Is this version of the game a lot easier than he original? Got a level 16 Crusader on Normal and I've not even had to use a potion yet. Seem to remember it being a lot harder on the PS3 or maybe it's the Crusader that makes it easy?

Only played it a little bit on the PS3 so it's all quite new to me but I'm absolutely loving this so far on the PS4!!! Is this version of the game a lot easier than he original? Got a level 16 Crusader on Normal and I've not even had to use a potion yet. Seem to remember it being a lot harder on the PS3 or maybe it's the Crusader that makes it easy?

Go on Expert

Pop

Lvl 34 now on my Demon Hunter. This game just gets better the higher the lvl you are. Feels intense.

That would definitely be an amazing quiver for my DH. I'm leaning towards a build like yours. Is smoke screen not necessary if you have vault? I thought they worked well together when I used them.

SS has a rune that gives you momentary invincibility basically iirc - but its so fast you might as well use vault to leave area at a quicker rate-and conserve the resources/ or slot for something else

edit:eek:f course try it yourself and do what works! :)

Top Bottom