• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

ocean

Banned
I e never played any Diablo and have no friends who own this. Is it worth a purchase if I'll play the story single player?

Kadala is actually one of the better ways to find an upgrade. Especially if your looking for a specific item. Just don't expect anything from her, though. RNG gonna RNG.

I have yet to get into any of the end game on any versions of the game. What reasons for getting better gear are there besides doing the same content at a higher difficulty (thus getting better loot, and so on)?

Is there any exclusive high-end content that you wouldnt see otherwise?

Crusader doesn't pay off till you hit lvl 30 or 40 imo. Early game he is one of the worst cause he really needs items and cdr.

That just seems like bad design to me. Making your way through almost a whole playthrough before a character is fun to play is not my idea of fun. Demon Hunter was fun right out of the gate and the Barbarian got fun within the first 15 levels.

Maybe I should go from expert down to hard to make it more enjoyable. I just hate hacking away at enemies for so long.

That just seems like bad design to me. Making your way through almost a whole playthrough before a character is fun to play is not my idea of fun. Demon Hunter was fun right out of the gate and the Barbarian got fun within the first 15 levels.

Maybe I should go from expert down to hard to make it more enjoyable. I just hate hacking away at enemies for so long.

I'm at hard on my HC run and I think it's the perfect difficulty for a fresh character (I'm crusader at the moment). Having fun with the class and I'm nowhere near 30-40.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

I really don't think that is the case at all for Crusader. I haven't played the class yet, but a few friends of mine started with him and have been loving Crusader out of the gate. Besides the game is pretty easy in general during the level progression so really I can't imagine what the issue is.

Neverwas

digging the Monk changes (compared to vanilla pc release). i was determined to play a DH, but as soon as i tried the Monk again, it was like...i'm home. /findingnemo

Petrie

Banned
I really don't think that is the case at all for Crusader. I haven't played the class yet, but a few friends of mine started with him and have been loving Crusader out of the gate. Besides the game is pretty easy in general during the level progression so really I can't imagine what the issue is.

Seems like the issue is people picking a difficulty that is higher than you're supposed to begin with.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I know this question comes up literally five times a page (I did it a few days ago myself!) -- but man Expert really should be the default. Difficulty balance is pretty perfect from a new-player level (haven't played enough to say, maybe slightly too easy but who cares at least it punishes you for having zero strategy which the other difficulties don't). Hard and Normal are basically Easy and Very Easy.

I haven't played D3 since it first came out on PC and I'm having a blast.

Question: Is getting the Staff of Herding still the same? I found the mushrooms on my first pass through Act 1, and I just bought Wirt's Bell, but I thought I read somewhere that the shin-bone was no longer needed in the PC version. Is this true for the PS4 as well?

This is sold out everywhere in the UK for PS4:(

I tried buying a gift card from the US, but they don't accept my Amazon giftcards, and I'm not paying £60 for the game on UK PSN.

:(

Dahbomb

Can you explain this?

Im not that knowledgeable so what would make you have a lot more damage than what is on the sheeT? is that because of say critical hits? or like if you are stacking cold damage like my character so the end damage is way more than it says i can?
Stuff like cooldown reduction, skill damage bonuses, elemental damage, elite damage, resource cost reduction does not show up on sheet damage. Neither does stuff like Legendary procs and Legendary skill bonuses.

Let's say we have two characters with 1 million sheet DPS each.

Character 1:

Skill hits for 100% weapon damage with no additional elite damage, skill damage or elemental damage bonus, costs 20 resource. He can use this ability 5 times before he runs out and then has to hit with really mediocre skills to build his resources back up.

Character 2:

This character has a Legendary that makes that skill hit 3 times.
Further more this character has 100% Elemental bonus, 30% Skill bonus and 50% Elite damage bonus. He also has resource cost/cooldown stats stacked to the point where he is able to spam this ability non stop without running out of resources.

This character is hitting for over 1000% weapon damage per hit on Elites without ever running out of resources. His combat DPS is over 10 times more than the other character despite having the same sheet DPS.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
After beating the game, is there a way to make playthroughs with fresh characters more difficult? Expert is so damn easy.

Master difficulty I assume unlocks for fresh players after finishing the campaign. It was available for me after transferring my PS3 save, and it has been my preferred difficulty for a fresh Wizard I made on Day 1 for PS4.

Master can be annoying at times for new characters though given the extreme health enemies have, so without good equipment, it can feel a slow killing groups as you level. Still, I found Expert way too easy outside of the very rare encounter against a group of elites. On Master some duels had me kiting normal enemies about while I wait for my potion cooldown to pop again. Though it also can occasionally get into slumps of non-difficulty when you get some great gear, but overall is a better challenge to new heroes than Expert is. I think it should have been unlocked by default.

Oh and you level even faster on Master since the xp bonus is 225%(before any gear bonuses as well). I'm nearing the end of Act 2 at level 44. It's kind of nuts.

Stuff like cooldown reduction, skill damage bonuses, elemental damage, elite damage, resource cost reduction does not show up on sheet damage. Neither does stuff like Legendary procs and Legendary skill bonuses.

Let's say we have two characters with 1 million sheet DPS each.

Character 1:

Skill hits for 100% weapon damage with no additional elite damage, skill damage or elemental damage bonus, costs 20 resource. He can use this ability 5 times before he runs out and then has to hit with really mediocre skills to build his resources back up.

Character 2:

This character has a Legendary that makes that skill hit 3 times.
Further more this character has 100% Elemental skill bonus, 30% Skill bonus and 50% Elite damage bonus. He also has resource cost/cooldown stats stacked to the point where he is able to spam this ability non stop without running out of resources.

This character is hitting for over 800% weapon damage per hit on Elites without ever running out of resources. His combat DPS is over 10 times more than the other character despite having the same sheet DPS.
I just swapped out a "less damaging" weapon for exactly this reason. My new weapon has all kinds of "cold" and frozen damage which is just critical to my build so I kinda get it now.

Dahbomb

And all you guys complaining about challenge... LMAO!

At least wait until getting to LVL60 to LVL70 before talking about difficulties. When you play Torment 6 as a fresh LVL70 character... then you will know.

Broke down and bought it last night. Powered through to level 20 before going to bed.

Man this game holds up REALLY well on console... I'd almost say its... better
?
than the PC version?

I think it's better than the PC version.

Couch co-op. Offline play. Direct character control.

cjp

And all you guys complaining about challenge... LMAO!

At least wait until getting to LVL60 to LVL70 before talking about difficulties. When you play Torment 6 as a fresh LVL70 character... then you will know.

Check out Barry Big Balls over here.
;)

Dahbomb

Check out Barry Big Balls over here.
I am just saying wait until getting to higher levels before commenting on difficulty levels.

Lower levels aren't even supposed to be that tough. When monsters start getting 4 affixes and have millions of health then you will experience what the game is about.

Petrie

Banned
I am just saying wait until getting to higher levels before commenting on difficulty levels.

Lower levels aren't even supposed to be that tough. When monsters start getting 4 affixes and have millions of health then you will experience what the game is about.

So the game is "really about" the part 99% of the players will never experience?

OK there chief.

cjp

I'm just messing about mate, meant no offence.

Dahbomb

So the game is "really about" the part 99% of the players will never experience?

OK there chief.
Most players will be able to get to lvl70, it's not that difficult. Certainly not 1% of the player base.

And most of my comments are towards people who are talking about the difficulty levels in the game (ie. not the casuals otherwise they would be fine playing on Normal). Half of the difficulty modes aren't even unlocked until you get to LVL70.

Ooccoo

Tried to play online coop, horrible lag and disconnects. I feel bad for people who only have the game on consoles.

ZangBa

To be honest unless the patch is soon this is going to make you hate the game. Loot drop rates are double inside rifts and the end result is you rarely see jack shit when you are out doing bounties. A big part of this (besides the fact that the leg drop rate is double in rifts) is that the most reliable way to get upgrades is through gambling. On max difficulty you get about 15 blood shards for a set of bounties (and items cost 5 each except weapons which are 15). On the same difficulty a single rift clear gives ~100 blood shards, and can very easily take less time than a set of bounties.

Basically it's just really shitty and nearly impossible to upgrade your character in a reasonable amount of time doing nothing but bounties.

Then again if you just randomly wanted to level a bunch of other classes it would be the perfect opportunity. Faster to do straight bounties than rifts and there is no level requirement for fragments, you start getting them at level 1.

According to this, 2.1 should come fairly soon after it releases on PC. I think I can handle the wait. Doing bounties at least earns me experience, materials, blood shards, gems and plans, so I'm not bothered too much. I have somewhere over 300 rift keys right now to use, lol.

cjp

Has anyone noticed a bug with the audio books?

I activated one of Cain's when you're searching for
that guy's blood
and the animation played but no actual book appeared to click on.

LCGeek

formerly sane

OK there chief.

Doesn't make his point any less true.

Thread is littered with how easy the game it is despite people not even being at difficulty levels that are near the highest. If you're playing the 4 lowest difficulties it's not that hard.

Tried to play online coop, horrible lag and disconnects. I feel bad for people who only have the game on consoles.

what are your settings at? I have ~20 hours in UEE between the PS4 and XB1 version: no disconnects at all. even playing coop remotely from work on my vita works like it should

whereas in my 200+ hours on PC the game would lag spike on the regular-same internet

Petrie

Banned
Actually, yes. The game doesn't start until you reach the endgame. It is *so* much different that what you're experiencing now

Played hundreds of hours on PC. Well aware of what's different. Doesn't mean the challenge of the main game (which is in fact everything before end game) isn't a bit borked.

Doesn't make his point any less true.

Thread is littered with how easy the game it is despite people not even being at difficulty levels that are near the highest. If you're playing the 4 lowest difficulties it's not that hard.

Then that's an issue with the game itself. It literally describes where you should be before playing those difficulties to have a challenge, and those descriptions are not correct.

On the PC version, can't you enlarge the map and play with it center screen, transparent? I always play ARPGs like that and it's fustrating that it seems the only map options are minimap and full screen that pauses the game.

For solo open up adventure mode and search for solo powerlelvel guide on the interwebs, it involves doing three quests on torment 6 were you don't have to kill anything and it takes a few hour per level 70, I used it on PC version and it's very easy to do.
Thanks for the advice. I'll check this out.

Kaibutsu

I'm playing a Crusader on Expert and holy shit the drops and how quickly you level is crazy. i just beat the skeleton king and I'm level 21. I think I beat the PC version and original 360 version on normal at level 35...

BviD6GiIIAAE-5b.jpg:large

Also 90% of my gear is legendary or Rare. Craziness.
BviFi6kIYAE4boA.jpg:large

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damn, female crusader looks rad as hell... shoulda went male demhun and female crusader...

Same! Im dieing here at work, tons of preople out of the office so Im sitting here browsing GAF which is making time go by slower :/

are you me? this place is a ghost town right now so i've just been half assing some unit tests and goofing off all day. the day is like molasses........

I'm playing a Crusader on Expert and holy shit the drops and how quickly you level is crazy. i just beat the skeleton king and I'm level 21. I think I beat the PC version on normal at level 35...

BviD6GiIIAAE-5b.jpg:large

Also 90% of my gear is legendary or Rare. Craziness.
BviFi6kIYAE4boA.jpg:large

I got to Act V in 2 days of playing with 3 friends on expert and Im already 70. its quick but thats good- noone needs to grind out the campaign when the superior adventure mode rifts await!

benjammin

I'm having a great time with crusader at level 20. The abilities are diverse enough to make playing fun, although the first couple levels might not be too exciting for you.

I got killed so quickly by someone's nemesis yesterday night that I didn't even see whose game it came from. He popped in, one shotted me, and was gone. Still pretty cool though!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Then that's an issue with the game itself. It literally describes where you should be before playing those difficulties to have a challenge, and those descriptions are not correct.

Blizzard is rarely right on descriptions if we want to go down that road especially if we are talking skills, sheet dps, or set bonuses go ahead.

Look at the monster damage and health scaling. The consoles have similar difficulty but it's pretty close to the pc. You would need to be at least master before you need start worrying about monster health and with good gear you don't need to worry about their damage till T1 or T2.

Top Bottom