• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Question: Why are the video cut-scenes full of so many artifacts (PS4 edition)? Everything in the game runs super smooth, but the normally awesome looking videos look janky as hell.

I noticed this too, I have no idea why that is the case.

EDIT: Regarding the story, I gotta say the line that has stuck with me as the most annoying comes from Act III:

"If you need to be shown which end of the sword goes where, then you haven't been paying attention!"

antitrop

Yeah Act II licks big furry ones. The shitty dialogue I can live with, it's the level design more than anything that grinds my gears. It just feels like a slapped together level. I've loathed it since day one / vanilla PC.

It's not even 10% as awesome as Diablo II's Act II. Lut Gholein was the best.

antitrop

dat music

which reminds me, I really wish I could listen to music while playing.
I'm using my TV speakers with the Audio settings turned pretty low (Master and Ambient Volume at 100%, everything else at 10-30%)

And then streaming Pandora or YT playlists off my PC next to me.

ZenaxPure

Do followers only work for single player? Or can you have them with you while playing online with others?

Only way to have them in multiplayer is by crafting a set that has a proc where all 3 are summoned for a while. It's pretty good if you're just starting out but you typically replace it quickly.

Otherwise yeah, single player only.

Weevilone

On second thought, this game should have been a digital purchase vs. disk. This is one of those games I'll be playing off and on forever, so I'm now just going to end up disk swapping between Diablo and whatever else I'm playing forever.

Jagxyz

Only way to have them in multiplayer is by crafting a set that has a proc where all 3 are summoned for a while. It's pretty good if you're just starting out but you typically replace it quickly.

Otherwise yeah, single player only.

Oh that sounds really cool, what smithy level do I need for that?

Urghhh. I couldn't resist; I'm double-dipping. Already own this on PC, but the performance isn't so hot and controller play just sounds more appealing.

I'm a pretty relaxed, easygoing player. Add Starhowler on PSN and I promise to attempt to shower you with gifts, at least as much as the RNG will let me. :p

LCGeek

formerly sane
Do followers only work for single player? Or can you have them with you while playing online with others?

Get ashearas set piece and then you can use all 3 in a game with people.

ZenaxPure you can use them all to the way to end game. I use them on my cold build with hellfire rings and it's quite broke can run t6 bounties solo with them. For some classes I'd move on but for a wizard they are a good compliment to her setup as they give her tanking and utilty options.

Gibran7

Just curious... How many different types of armour pieces are there? Just wondering how much visual variety is there? And is there one piece of armour set for each class that's considered to be the best?

Tried to play online coop, horrible lag and disconnects. I feel bad for people who only have the game on consoles.

You do realise the PC version is also P2P yeah? The Blizzard servers on the PC facilitate matchmaking and authentication. CO-OP games aren't hosted by dedicated servers, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here...

You do realise the PC version is also P2P yeah? The Blizzard servers on the PC facilitate matchmaking and authentication. CO-OP games aren't hosted by dedicated servers, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here...

That's wrong, it's 100% dedicated servers on PC and have never heard anything else before.

I hit 70 with my Wizard, am doing around 240k+ DPS. I tried soloing my first Rift on Torment 1, finished it with about 6-7 deaths. Ended up at Paragon 5. I gotta take a break.

ZangBa

Wow, I hope the blood shard exploit is fixed on PS4 somewhat soon. Not going to say anything about it, but it's pretty lazy how Blizzard didn't catch it.

About how many hours is it taking people to get to this sort of level?

I don't know actual hours but it goes really quickly. Surprisingly so.

I started from scratch but I've put like a million hours on the PC version so I know what I'm doing but I'm about to hit 60 and I don't think I've played that much.

I leveled up the jeweler to about level 7and now it's requiring an item as well as gold. What item is it asking for?

Death's Breadth - Level 61+ Rare Drop from (most) Elite Packs. You'll be swimming in them.

Leyasu

Banned
Tried to play online coop, horrible lag and disconnects. I feel bad for people who only have the game on consoles.

Dont feel bad for me. Playing on the bone, co-op with gf on the couch, with my mate and his gf in the UK (we live in France) with not a single issue..

Anyway, man this game is fucking awesome!! I was on the fence about Destiny after playing the PvP, now I can see me skipping it for a while. Plus my gf is loving it, so co-op with her is great.

Got to level 70 on my monk

BvmC9XqIAAEWRCM.jpg:large

Dug

Banned
2 questions:

1. How do I get paragon points?

2. What is the best follower for a Wizard on Hard? I'm currently using the Templar.

ZenaxPure

2 questions:

1. How do I get paragon points?

2. What is the best follower for a Wizard on Hard? I'm currently using the Templar.

Paragon points are something you get at level 70. It replaces your current xp bar with a new one. Follower just depends on what you feel like you need. The templar has multiple heals and free resource regeneration. The other 2 have more damage focused stuff.

I think I'm gonna grind to 70 before I kill Malthael so I can get that guaranteed legendary drop from him. I'm at 66. Shouldn't take too long.

Top Bottom