• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Xevren

Did they eliminate % damage converted to Life? It's my favorite magic property. I havent had a single weapon drop with it so I've been using the weapons from my stash that had it from my PS3 playthrough but that caps out at lvl 60 :(

It's no longer in RIP

Kak.efes

Any tips/general information I should know as a beginner? I started playing on expert, and it's challenging, but not excessively challenging, which I like. Is that the right way to go? I selected a crusader since it's a change of pace; I generally gravitate towards ranged classes in RPG's like this.

ZenaxPure

Did they eliminate % damage converted to Life? It's my favorite magic property. I havent had a single weapon drop with it so I've been using the weapons from my stash that had it from my PS3 playthrough but that caps out at lvl 60 :(

Yes, it was too overpowered. It doesn't roll on gear in RoS and at level 70 it doesn't even work anymore for characters.

It's been better for the game to be honest as other healing stats (and the potion) have became more important. They are making further changes next patch as well to balance healing stuff.

Hey can anyone tel me if I'm doing the right thing in terms of farming gear?

Basically I run Adventure mode on torment 1 (I might be able to to t2 I haven't tried) and farm rift keys. Then I do rifts and then repeat? Is that the most viable way to farm gear and XP for paragon levels?

Yup. Welcome to Diablo III End Game.

Finally got to play.

Imported my level 60 monk from PS3, got 3 legendaries and none are better than lvl60 ones:( I hit 62 though.

Game is amazing. So much better than the last gen version. Didn't even recognize my toons with the better texture resolution lol.

RexNovis

Banned
It's no longer in RIP

Yes, it was too overpowered. It doesn't roll on gear in RoS and at level 70 it doesn't even work anymore for characters.

It's been better for the game to be honest as other healing stats (and the potion) have became more important. They are making further changes next patch as well to balance healing stuff.

Well that sucks. It was my absolute favorite survivability stat. At least I still have access to 1-60 weps from my stash. Makes expert difficulty a cakewalk so thats something.

SDCowboy

Can someone please tell me when the PS4 version is getting the major patch and if console versions are getting seasons or not? I keep hearing conflicting things about the latter.

Nerix

How can you use recipes (PS4 version)? I press x when they are marked in the item menu and they disappear - but the blacksmith hasn't learned anything...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

On the official website I think I read that level 60 that ability is lowered to 10% effectiveness and at 70 it no longer works.

Well, this method basically renders farming shards pointless since you can endlessly use the ones you have and reset it in no time. :/

Oh, then I have no idea, I would so exploit the heck of it if I knew how, too bad no one on the interwebs seems to know about it :(

bigb0ss

Banned
Oh, then I have no idea, I would so exploit the heck of it if I knew how, too bad no one on the interwebs seems to know about it :(

Which exploit are you guys talking about? The one where a level 1 character creates a game in T6? and you can join and 1 shot everything including the rift boss for ~100 shards?

antitrop

This game felt like it was made for consoles. Can't imagine playing it on PC.

Well, the game was casualised in a few ways from previous games in the series (most obviously in the skills of various classes) that would better facilitate a transition to consoles. It was pretty obvious from day 1 that they weren't designing themselves into any corners that would cause porting problems later. That was never a concern for the developers of Diablo I and II.

Like, it's not just luck that III ports so nicely.

EDIT: Diablo 1's PS1 port shows how that game was never really designed to be played that way... I even found this IGN review from 1998:

Now I've bragged about some of positives in Diablo, but there a few negatives I should mention. The player interface is a hassle. That's not EA's fault, it's just the PlayStation controller can't handle all the options that appeared PC version. Diablo was all about killing stuff quickly and getting all the gold you can grab. Constantly scrolling through nasty looking menus just slows the game down. And the two-player mode. This was a good addition, but not being able to wonder around freely with a friend or foe makes it annoying -- I need my space. A split-screen/link feature would have given this game a flawless two-player mode.

EA did the best they could with Diablo, given that the developers never intended for them to try to do what they did. Diablo II on consoles never would have even had a chance.

Decided to see if Act V can net me 10 levels. Yep. Ran it on T1 with my Wiz. Had to knock on almost every side hole and kill everything but I went from 60 to 70 in one run in one act. Was a little bit disappointed in its length and the final boss fight, personally. Not really much of a challenge considering my Wiz wasnt geared in the slightest - I walked into RoS at 60 with only 1 Legendary since it was my least played class.

Popped into Adventure with my Crusader on Master and its hella fun. Haven't run my first Rift yet but I have enough keys. Will do tomorrow and probably up the difficulty. He's only 38 but I like how you can still run Adventure mode at low levels. Definitely digging the play style. Feels like I actually need to press more than 1 or 2 buttons which is great.

Dubz

Any reason why my Stash isn't shared anymore? My imported Monk is seemingly on a different stash than my new characters.

EDIT. In fact I just checked and all my chars are on different stashes. Bummer

EDIT. Oh God I think I was looking at the inventories. I am teh dumb

This post made me laugh....in a good way.

BokehKing

Banned
How do you select what act you go to?
I was on 5, did quick match, put in chapter 4, now I can't get back to 5, am I hitting the wrong button when I go to chapter select?

Tell me in have to run through 4 all over again, this has to be a bug no?

Bah nm figured it out

RexNovis

Banned
I just realized that for some reason, when I imported my PS3 save it gave me 99,999,999,999 gold. No idea why. Looking at my PS3 save I have 1,333,456 gold. Sooo.... if anyone needs some gold hit me up and I'll send 10,000,000 gold your way.

catspit

I find my demon hunter to be really squishy, and does not do that much damage more than my other classes at the same level (30) . Not enough damage to warrant the squishyness

Got my monk up to 19th level and past the skeleton king in Act I and picked up my first legendary items (the crown plus a couple of others) by playing in a 4-man group of randoms. I had a blast. The game ran great, there was no muss, no fuss, just move and kill and loot, repeat.

I wish I could throw more time into it at a sitting but I usually can't. Was thinking of taking a day off tomorrow so, if I do, I might try to put in a longer session. Having a ton of fun though. You wouldn't know from playing that this was a PC port, it just plays so naturally.

ZenaxPure

I find my demon hunter to be really squishy, and does not do that much damage more than my other classes at the same level (30) . Not enough damage to warrant the squishyness

Well I mean, it's supposed to be the kiting class. They have multiple skills that help with mobility and a lot of ways to slow enemies down.

To be honest I always found rapid fire really OP at low levels. Kind of to the point where you could kill a lot of enemies before they even reached you.

So I asked this two pages back but no answer. Is the 3rd main stat (life regen I guess) worth it for Crusader? Every piece of new armour I seem to pick up with good health regen completely kills my damage and armour numbers and vis versa.

catspit

Well I mean, it's supposed to be the kiting class. They have multiple skills that help with mobility and a lot of ways to slow enemies down.

To be honest I always found rapid fire really OP at low levels. Kind of to the point where you could kill a lot of enemies before they even reached you.

My witch doc and crusader do very similar damage and can just stand there I front of the mobs. Where as my dh has to continuously vault away to stay alive

catspit

So I asked this two pages back but no answer. Is the 3rd main stat (life regen I guess) worth it for Crusader? Every piece of new armour I seem to pick up with good health regen completely kills my damage and armour numbers and vis versa.

It's fine and obviously there is a trade off with havering more survivability and lower damage

Dahbomb

No.

In terms of priority you want to have high DPS, then high Toughness and then last Healing. When you have DPS/Toughness in order, then you can start concentrating on Healing. This applies to all classes really.

Also for Toughness you want to make sure that the bulk of your Toughness is coming from All Resistance and Armor.. not Vitality.

ZenaxPure

Where as my dh has to continuously vault away to stay alive

Some people like that!

I'm not really one of them though, demon hunter was my least favorite class until the sentry builds became popular in RoS. I have fun with their current sentry build, but, otherwise I'm not the biggest fan.

No.

In terms of priority you want to have high DPS, then high Toughness and then last Healing. When you have DPS/Toughness in order, then you can start concentrating on Healing. This applies to all classes really.

Also for Toughness you want to make sure that the bulk of your Toughness is coming from All Resistance and Armor.. not Vitality.

Excellent, thanks.

I just realized that for some reason, when I imported my PS3 save it gave me 99,999,999,999 gold. No idea why. Looking at my PS3 save I have 1,333,456 gold. Sooo.... if anyone needs some gold hit me up and I'll send 10,000,000 gold your way.

*waves*

PSN KINGofCRA5H-

That's quite the glitch you've discovered.

Top Bottom