• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Wallach

Got my Barbarian up into A5 now. Still really having a lot of fun with Barbarian; my only complaint really so far is that it seems really hard to use Leap or Furious Charge as an escape because you can't force it to go maximum distance, so if you get cornered you just wind up targeting the dudes cornering you. Seems like a big oversight to me, I'd rather holding L2 forced stuff like that to go max distance rather than locking onto something (which I hardly use on melee anyway).

Haven't found too many balance differences for Barbarian between current PC and PS4 other than the 5 second Leap CD and 2.1 Earthquake damage numbers. Should make Leapquake fun until 2.1 actually hits at least.

Codeblew

I am in the middle of Act 2 and level 40 Crusader. lulz.

This game is crack. Worse than crack.

Just to give you an idea of the level scaling, I was 34 when I finished act I and 58 when I killed Diablo. I did all dungeons/sidequests along the way. Plodding throught act V now.

Ryhian

I bought D3 on 360 when it came out but didn't enjoy the game nearly as much as I do now on PS4. As others have stated it is like crack. Half way through act 2 hoping to finish up the story so I can join in lots of MP sessions.

-PXG-

31ezjPF.jpg

Just got to Act 3

Xevren

Got my Barbarian up into A5 now. Still really having a lot of fun with Barbarian; my only complaint really so far is that it seems really hard to use Leap or Furious Charge as an escape because you can't force it to go maximum distance, so if you get cornered you just wind up targeting the dudes cornering you. Seems like a big oversight to me, I'd rather holding L2 forced stuff like that to go max distance rather than locking onto something (which I hardly use on melee anyway).

Haven't found too many balance differences for Barbarian between current PC and PS4 other than the 5 second Leap CD and 2.1 Earthquake damage numbers. Should make Leapquake fun until 2.1 actually hits at least.

I have the same problem with my barb, wish there could be a way to use leap to just get away but if it gets really hectic you really can't.

yamo

I just realized that for some reason, when I imported my PS3 save it gave me 99,999,999,999 gold. No idea why. Looking at my PS3 save I have 1,333,456 gold. Sooo.... if anyone needs some gold hit me up and I'll send 10,000,000 gold your way.

PMed you! :)

ZenaxPure

That finally answers my question about how they were going to handle leapquake I guess. It's not a great solution, but, it's probably the best they could accomplish on consoles I guess without doing something weird (like what you suggest).

Sounds actually kind of annoying to be honest because you pretty much always want your third leap to land outside the group of mobs because leapquake doesn't typically run with WW or FC (which are basically the only ways other than leap to not get boxed inside a group of enemies).

The 5 second cooldown is probably to counter that effect since you can't aim it you will be able to at least spam it more so your chances of escaping are better.

It's a smart sounding change overall.

Majine

Banned
I don't get it, in the Gifts section there is loot that's predetermined for certain friends. Can't you choose what to send to who?

kalehr

Neo Member
Just started up a new WD yesterday. Have a 60 Wiz I transferred as well. Been so busy with work, haven't had a chance to play much yet. Finally have 4 days off to do some binge sessions after tomorrow though.

If anyone wants to add me on PS4-PSN: Rahvin

RexNovis

Banned
I don't get it, in the Gifts section there is loot that's predetermined for certain friends. Can't you choose what to send to who?

You can send any other items to anyone on your friends list but the gifts are specifically for those people. So no you cant choose who to send gifts to but you can choose who to send legendaries to.

When you get a Legendary drop, there's a chance of a gift also dropping. That gift is always marked for a specific person on your friend list, but when you access the mailbox in town you can send any item in your inventory you want to anyone, you can even send gold.

Edit- this got BOTP'd on the last page, so I'll repost this:

Tomorrow evening around this time I'm planning on running Rifts/Bounties on Torment 1, if anyone wants to join me. My PSN: hi-fi_famicom. I'm Level 70, currently running this build, and at around 260k DPS.

yamo

I don't appear to have a PM from you man. Not sure what happened there but I didn't get it.

Also, It doesnt appear PS4 player profiles are available in the armory on battle.net. How are people linking their weapons and builds?

Hmm that's weird! I tried again :)

Anyways if you won't receive that one either, I wouldn't mind to take some gold as well if you still have any to share!

If not, i'm too slow! :p

PSN: lilljolle

I love WD now. The pets aren't useless now like they were in vanilla.

Tried a quick Fetish Sycophants+rain of toads build and they rip stuff to shreds.

BokehKing

Banned
Wow.. Last 4, 5 hours me and some random killed every mob in Act 5, I was running on fumes, finally beat the game on whatever level is before master, finally unlocked adventure mode, I think I'll level my Crusader in that, I'm in no rush to go back to campaign... To think it will only get more intense

RexNovis

Banned
Hmm that's weird! I tried again :)

Anyways if you won't receive that one either, I wouldn't mind to take some gold as well if you still have any to share!

If not, i'm too slow! :p

PSN: lilljolle

Nah man you're solid. I got ya covered. Still room for 3 more requests for anyone who wants some.

Tomorrow evening around this time I'm planning on running Rifts/Bounties on Torment 1, if anyone wants to join me. My PSN: hi-fi_famicom. I'm Level 70, currently running this build, and at around 260k DPS.

If I manage to get my Crusader to 70 by then I'll join ya. Planning to run a holy damage based build with shield bash for mobility and wrath dump and smite for massive aoe damage alone with heavenly fury. Should provide me with a good amount of survivability as well via the convert holy damage to % health passive.

Wallach

That finally answers my question about how they were going to handle leapquake I guess. It's not a great solution, but, it's probably the best they could accomplish on consoles I guess without doing something weird (like what you suggest).

Sounds actually kind of annoying to be honest because you pretty much always want your third leap to land outside the group of mobs because leapquake doesn't typically run with WW or FC (which are basically the only ways other than leap to not get boxed inside a group of enemies).

The 5 second cooldown is probably to counter that effect since you can't aim it you will be able to at least spam it more so your chances of escaping are better.

It's a smart sounding change overall.

It'll probably make the Cold version of Leapquake better since even if you do get boxed you'll have better uptime of the freeze.

I still don't really know how that's going to shake out for 30+ GR type stuff though. I feel like if you aren't able to make quick positional adjustments as a Barb you'll probably get trucked on the regular. Makes me worry about high-end Barb viability on console the more I think about it; may require forcing WW into the builds somehow, but that's kind of a high price to pay in that setup. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though.

I just realized that for some reason, when I imported my PS3 save it gave me 99,999,999,999 gold. No idea why. Looking at my PS3 save I have 1,333,456 gold. Sooo.... if anyone needs some gold hit me up and I'll send 10,000,000 gold your way.

I would happily accept some of that golden bliss PSN ID: BlackWookiee

Dahbomb

Is gold actually useful in this game? I remember in D2 the only currency that mattered was SoJ's.
Yes it is. Gold is used mainly for enchanting gear through the NPC. You can enchant one stat on your item. The initial price isn't that high but each re-roll has its price increased. Eventually you will get to a point where every re-roll is costing you 6 million+.

Gold is also used to craft high tier gems however that gold is sort of a one time thing only. For example you will never need more than 10 Flawless Royal Topaz in your life so once you have spent the money to make them you don't need to make them again. In fact my advice to newcomers is to use your gold on crafting the top tier gems (after you have upgraded all NPCs and gotten all the relevant gem plans) first as opposed to trying to re-roll items that you will probably replace pretty soon.

ZenaxPure

It'll probably make the Cold version of Leapquake better since even if you do get boxed you'll have better uptime of the freeze.

I still don't really know how that's going to shake out for 30+ GR type stuff though. I feel like if you aren't able to make quick positional adjustments as a Barb you'll probably get trucked on the regular. Makes me worry about high-end Barb viability on console the more I think about it; may require forcing WW into the builds somehow, but that's kind of a high price to pay in that setup. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though.

It actually makes me more worried about endgame raekor tbh. Raekor is real good on ptr atm because vile ward now increases fc dmg by x% for each mob you hit. The way you talked it sounds like they made it just hit a targeted enemy? I figured it would just take you a set distance forward. That sounds unusable as a build. Kind of worrisome.

Jagxyz

What's the best way to level an alt?

Also, what does the "level requirement reduced by 9" on the blizzard signet ring mean?

Vorheez

Hey guys! Having a bit of an issue here... I made a post earlier about playing couch co op with a friend and how to go about it but we are having issues. He created battlenet account and linked it to his ps4 but when he tries to sign into it on my Ps4 it says that no save file is detected. What could be causing this?? We just wanna play :(

RexNovis

Banned
Hey guys! Having a bit of an issue here... I made a post earlier about playing couch co op with a friend and how to go about it but we are having issues. He created battlenet account and linked it to his ps4 but when he tries to sign into it on my Ps4 it says that no save file is detected. What could be causing this?? We just wanna play :(

He has to upload the save from the 360 or PS3 version first which requires that it be updated to 1.30 to do.

If you still have some gold to give out, it'd be much appreciated!

PSN: hydruxxo

Wanna some too :) Thanks :D

PSN: dark_kainnn

I got ya just see my post above about paying it forward.

Top Bottom