• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Thanati

For anyone interested, this guy made a tutorial for getting it to run on the Steam Deck. I haven't tried it yet but people are getting between 40 - 50fps.

Last edited:

geary

Can you have multiple specs slots pe character as in WoW or one character, one spec slot and you need to respec to play another style?

marquimvfs

No. Where the hell do people get that from? Even some shitheads at blizz forum are saying that. Every oficial page that says it only mention plus needed for SOME contents. Not really one said it was necessary.

sOXipbQ.jpg

Posted a sceeenchot in case they do a 180. Original post here:

Edit: paging samoilaaa samoilaaa

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Had anyone tried couch co-op on XSX? Going to be playing this with my son.
Played co op on PS5. If it’s similar, you’ll both have a great time. Be sure to start at the same time so you don’t screw up the progress. It’s fairly easy, two Battle.net accounts required. One paid version, one person connects, the other joins in. Both people create a character.

Juras

No. Where the hell do people get that from?
I can tell You example.
Official PlayStation Poland facebook account. Few days ago someone asked and he got answer.

lCjsQMH.png

We are sorry, game requires constant internet access so PS+ is also required.

Another "source" I have seen is reddit and screenshot from Blizz support saying similiar things to PS Poland.

edit:
Or simply ask google, i got this lol:
HsQoih9.png

Last edited:

marquimvfs

I can tell You example.
Official PlayStation Poland facebook account. Few days ago someone asked and he got answer.

lCjsQMH.png

Another "source" I have seen is reddit and screenshot from Blizz support saying similiar things to PS Poland.
Blizz forum is not Blizz support, just a bunch of morons talking shit.

That playstation support COULD be wrong, but it's the first official page to say something that contradicts my understanding. My guess, until someone really tests it, is that people reading comprehension is getting worse with time. But I can also be wrong, for sure.

Again, every official source claims that Plus and Gold are needed for SOME activities, and Community Development Director satement backed me up. Could he also be wrong? Sure! But, like I said, until officiall statement, we need someone to test it. I already purchased the thing (regular version, no early access) and I don't have Plus. Worst case scenario I will test it for myself in a few days and be back here to tell the results.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Holy shit this is good. So much to do, the map is fucking massive. Been playing for 4 hours and still in the first area, cant wait to see whats in store later. They have nailed this in every way imo. My Sorc still feels pretty weak at lvl 20 but hopefully start getting some good drops soon and start wrecking shit

TexMex

No. Where the hell do people get that from? Even some shitheads at blizz forum are saying that. Every oficial page that says it only mention plus needed for SOME contents. Not really one said it was necessary.

sOXipbQ.jpg

Posted a sceeenchot in case they do a 180. Original post here:

Edit: paging samoilaaa samoilaaa

PlayStation Plus is 100% required to play this game. In a subsequent post you even admit you aren’t sure yourself. You have to have Plus, and the only exceptions to that are some very one off F2P games. You even say in a subsequent post you aren’t even sure yourself so I’m not sure why you’re coming off so aggressively confident.

But what do I know, just a dumb shit head over here!

Hot5pur

Do they have cool set pieces and big cities later in the game? The first area felt kinda bland.

From what I've seen so far my hype for SF6 is much higher than D4. I think the monetization and early access stuff just makes me feel this game was built for the sole purpose of milking gamers later on. Also people calling each other poor if they wouldn't pay for early access, things just turned a bit ugly around this release. I'll still get it around launch, depending how the servers are, but every time I see another person in my game t will be a reminder that it was all part of their little monetization tactic to show off cosmetics. Yeesh.

marquimvfs

PlayStation Plus is 100% required to play this game. In a subsequent post you even admit you aren’t sure yourself. You have to have Plus, and the only exceptions to that are some very one off F2P games. You even say in a subsequent post you aren’t even sure yourself so I’m not sure why you’re coming off so aggressively confident.

But what do I know, just a dumb shit head over here!
To clarify, I wasn't talking about you when I called out people. I'm talking about your sources. People (your sources, in this case) are repeating this themselves with so much confidence, even at blizz forums, but without any proof that they're right. They are just assuming, given the online nature of the game, but they have to consider that even games in similar situations, like Destiny (before it became f2p) were just like that, you could play the "campaign" even without Plus. Again, I'm basing my opinion in my interpretation of the game page at the store, and the tweet that the community manager replied. Can I be wrong? Sure, but then, the community manager will also be wrong, and also the game page at store that says "PS Plus needed for Online Gaming" instead of " PSN Plus Needed". Like pointed out by the community manager, you could login in battle.net and play your campaing, but without plus, PVP, party and chat won't be accessible. I will find out if I'm wrong when an official Blizzard source clarify it, or in the official launch when I could test it myself (I don't have plus, so, fingers crossed).

Last edited:

Tarnpanzer

Do they have cool set pieces and big cities later in the game? The first area felt kinda bland.

Yes, the area to the northwest(Scosglen) looks a lot better than the Area you start with -> Fractured Peaks. You can go there early on, when the main quest devides into three paths.
Scosglen got this Diablo 2 Act 1 vibe. It is awesome.

Last edited:

Raven77

Played co op on PS5. If it’s similar, you’ll both have a great time. Be sure to start at the same time so you don’t screw up the progress. It’s fairly easy, two Battle.net accounts required. One paid version, one person connects, the other joins in. Both people create a character.
Thanks for this.

Salvage everything for resources, never sell.
I disagree with this to a certain extent.

At the start, yes salvage all your useless whites blues and yellows. At least until level 30+. At that point scaling gets really rough and finding good weapons can be difficult depending on RNG. However,.the vendors have a high chance of selling good weapons that's closer to your level, but they're expensive because of scaling.

By that point, you get so many yellows that it's good to sell.them, because they give you a fuck ton of gold. I broke 1 million by level 33. You NEED gold to start extracting, enchanting, imprinting and unsocketing gems from old gear. You also need the gold to craft higher tier gems.

Yes, you need mats too, both are important. The vendors saved my ass on hardcore difficulty and netted me really good base dps weapons. But I had to fork out 400K-600K. You can make that money back within 2 to 3 dungeons runs easily.

Basically, I am not saying always sell your gear, but it is not completely useless. Do a mix of both if you must. Gold will help you as you get higher levels.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how early in the game there are vendors to see/salvage? Im only level 7 or so so looking at my first opportunity.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I have like three fucking names and none match my gaf name :( is the faust in there the real mod account or someone else?

I have my character name, my gamertag and my bnet name. All different. Which is different to my gaf name.

MV5BZTJiNGM2NjItNDRiYy00ZjY0LTgwNTItZDBmZGRlODQ4YThkL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY5ODI4NDk@._V1_.jpg

SCB3

Played about an hour on Steam Deck and a few on PC and yea this has its hooks in me, though I am getting a lot of stuttering in some areas and I have no idea why, on Medium settings as well so shouln't be a big issue

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Played about an hour on Steam Deck and a few on PC and yea this has its hooks in me, though I am getting a lot of stuttering in some areas and I have no idea why, on Medium settings as well so shouln't be a big issue
Driver update. Pc
Run from internal ssd. On deck

Sakura

I get weird audio issues occasionally that resolves if I tab out and back in.

Is playing with controller good? I keep accidentally using potions when I want to press 1, and I have a PS5 controller lying around.

Draugoth

Gold Member

The game is quiet heavy, specially on cutscenes.

Here, i suggest taking one of these to play:

Frq86Cx.jpg

Top Bottom