• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE announces next-gen publishing agreement with EA. Only for MS & Sony platforms.

cja

Digital Illusions signs contract for next-generation platforms
Digital Illusions CE AB (publ) 2004-11-09

Digital Illusions has signed a contract for development of a game to Playstation 2, Xbox and to the next-generation platforms expected from Microsoft and Sony. The title will be published by Electronic Arts and is planned for a late 2006 or early 2007 debut.

- Producing games for the coming console platforms will be very challenging, both from a knowledge and financial perspective. This new contract shows that Digital Illusions is on the right path, integrating towards the next generation of hardware, said Patrick Söderlund, CEO at Digital Illusions.

The contract is for development of a game for Microsoft’s and Sony’s platforms Xbox and Playstation 2, as well as for their upcoming consoles. The game concept is developed and owned by Digital Illusions.

The game will be developed both at Digital Illusions’ Swedish and Canadian studio. The Swedish team will develop the version targeted at the next-generation consoles, and the Canadian team will develop the version for Playstation 2 and Xbox. The version of the game to the next generation consoles will share the technical platform with the Company’s other title targeting next-generation consoles that was also announced today.

The game is planned for release when Microsoft’s and Sony’s new console platforms have reached the market. More details about the game will be released at a later date.

Release Schedule

Title, Platform, Genre, Developed by, Date
BF Secret Weapons, Mac, FPS*, Aspyr, Q4 -04
Battlefield 2, PC, FPS*, Dice Sweden, Spring -05
BF Modern Combat, PS2 and Xbox,FPS*,Dice Sweden,Fall -05
Untitled, PS2 and Xbox - Dice Canada, 2006/2007
Untitled, Nextgen - Dice Sweden, 2006/2007
Untitled, Nextgen, Action, Dice Sweden, 2007

* FPS is an abbreviation of first-person shooter
http://global.dice.se/press/pressreleases/?article=b3e1d079-4881-4394-a899-f34516f0691c

B E N K E

I hope they get to do something other than just more Battlefield games.

It's hardly surprising nothing is mentioned when it comes to Revolution. Nintendo needs to get specifications and kits out the door if they mean to get third party support.

DSN2K

Rallysport Challenge 3 plz :D

but with Revolution... most Dev's are taking a wait and see approach and I dont blame them.

DSN2K said:
but with Revolution... most Dev's are taking a wait and see approach and I dont blame them.

I totally agree....its not like it turned out well for them this gen. Its not the end of the world if Dev's make Nintendo prove themselves again.

Hell I think its just what Nintendo needs - a smack in the head to get with it.

Prine

Banned
MS own the rights to Rallisport Challenge?

Hope that means another installment. RC2>>>>PGR series, GT series, Burnout series

Let me be the first to say that everyone else is ignoring the Revolution. Therefore, EA should ignore the Revolution as well. L-O-L

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
xexex said:
fuck you EA. don't ignore the Revolution.
Its ok.

Games can't be ported from TVs to Holograms anyways.
The Revolution will have its own, very, very exclusive library of games.

Top Bottom