• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
There's no catching up to GAF now.

I wonder how many people are trying to register to become GAF members just to win this game? :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Whoa, everyone on the forum gets a copy (or rather the people who partcipate)? Why did I not notice this thread until now

demi

Man I dunno if they even took my pics, I haven't received an email from them?

edit: Nevermind I found them, what's up -- should I email them?

Ecrofirt

demi said:
Man I dunno if they even took my pics, I haven't received an email from them?

edit: Nevermind I found them, what's up -- should I email them?

Emailing them certainly couldn't hurt. Just present your situation and let them know you didn't enter the contest until yesterday after they had already sent out the email asking for addresses.

Ecrofirt

Wario64 said:
Whoa, everyone on the forum gets a copy (or rather the people who partcipate)? Why did I not notice this thread until now

Haha, I was gonig to PM you about this the other day, but I thought you surely would have entered by now. Guess I was wrong!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh, so they already picked GAF as the winner? I just sent an image. I dont get how they can verify us though if all we have to do is give them our GAF user name and email address

zou

I just hope the admins don't activate any accounts this week, else those friends code anonymous sign up to get the game .. ;)

B.K.

I just found this thread too. I uploaded a picture for Alien Autopsy, but I don't know if they'll accept it. I'll look for more to add.

alien-autopsy-shrunk.jpg

zou

Wario64 said:
Oh, so they already picked GAF as the winner? I just sent an image. I dont get how they can verify us though if all we have to do is give them our GAF user name and email address

No, they just sent those mails to weed out the fake accounts that were set up by IFCA. The competition is still going on.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
zou said:
No, they just sent those mails to weed out the fake accounts that were set up by IFCA. The competition is still going on.

Oh I see

I sent in like 5 photos, it'll be cool if everyone here gets a free copy :)

Ecrofirt

IFCA had an Ecrofirt submit 5 pictures as well. Funny, because as of oh, RIGHT NOW, they don't have an Ecrofirt registered.
testtt5.jpg

They also don't have a demi registered.
testfr0.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Haha, well I have uploaded more photos. I'm trying to give good stuff.

Go team! There are a few days left and we aren't totally sure how many are accepted!

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Wow...here's another person who's surprised that he's missed this thread until now. Anyhoo, I've tossed another picture onto the GAF pile. It's my cat gettin' cuddly with an alien.

MiaChestburster-small.jpg

Hopefully, I'll get one of these mysterious THQ e-mails soon.

Dice

the chew said:
QUESTION,

i read it, but i didn't really get the gist of it.

Can i photoshop and does it have to be game related???
No photoshop and just anything alien-related, or something that would constitute as "evidence" that we'll be invaded soon. It's probably best if you grab a camera and take pictures around the house/town.

Ecrofirt

the chew said:
QUESTION,

i read it, but i didn't really get the gist of it.

Can i photoshop and does it have to be game related???

The site says in plain text that they don't want photoshops.

This should be pretty self explanatory:
Submit evidence of extra-terrestrial sightings; get your site friends to do so, and Destroy All Competition! Have a picture of a UFO or alien? Have a picture of you and your friends experiencing a close encounter? Have a picture of Crypto or other DAH! 2 characters in your local game store? Have a DAH! 2 themed message board signature? The possibilities are endless, so have fun and use your imagination! Please, no photo-shopped pictures.

They want something alien related. It can be pictures of UFOs, aliens, crop circles, anything like that. Your best and safest bet is to google terms like what I have above and submit some pictures you find. They'll also apparantly take screenshots of Destroy All Humans, so you can submit those as well.

DON'T photoshop anything. :)

Dice said:
No photoshop and just anything alien-related, or something that would constitute as "evidence" that we'll be invaded soon. It's probably best if you grab a camera and take pictures around the house/town.
I submitted a picture of John McCain. Guess that was alien-related.:lol

15137_los-McCain2.jpg

SnowWolf said:
I really don't see how THQ benefits from this contest at all, but whatever, it's still cool of them if they really do send out so many copies.

Lets put it like this...

Prior to this thread, did you hav any interest in the game?

Dice

jamesinclair said:
Lets put it like this...

Prior to this thread, did you hav any interest in the game?
Actually I saw the commercial like 5 times today and I was like "that looks cool" and then I saw this thread. I wouldn't have looked inside here if I didn't want the game.

zou said:
Well...crap. I can't log in to my ISP's email account. Hope I'm not fcked. :( Sent them an email explaining my situation, asking them to send their mysterious mails to a Yahoo account instead. But how are they supposed to know it's not some IFCA bastard trying to steal my game?

Oh wait, I'll just send them a link to this post.

Kleevah said:
BUT, any news on the PAL situation?
At least I did my part by politely threatening them.

I got the email confirmation a few days ago and replied that I want the Xbox version. I submitted a pic of a ****ing UFO visiting us during a druken BBQ binge. Truth!

RumFore

Banned
I've sent in maybe 20 pictures of aliens also and still no acknowledgment. Verizon spam filter is a mess because they delete some mail before it even gets to you so I am not sure if thats the case.

EctoPrime

i got the letter, pity they probably will not send me it as I am in PAL land but they did say the uk branch might play along. And then for some reason I wrote an angry rant about the correct pronunciation of Ossy/Aussie./Ozzy.

Ecrofirt

junkwaffle said:
Are they accepting drawings?

junkwaffle, they've got another competition for drawings. When you go to the site, you'll see that competition in the top righthand corner. Good luck with that!

To everyone else:
If you're concerned that you haven't yet recieved an email, you could always email them about the situaton. Explain to them what forum you're from, what your username is, and that you haven't yet recieved an email. Express concern that your ISP's mail filter may have blocked out the email as spam, and that you want to be sure there are no problems. Ask that they please send you a response.

If you've only just entered in the last day or so, though, don't be surprised that they haven't emailed you yet. They sent out one big mass email just 2 days ago, after people had already been entered into the contest for awhile. They DON'T send out an email confirming each individual entry.

Ecrofirt

EctoPrime said:
i got the letter, pity they probably will not send me it as I am in PAL land but they did say the uk branch might play along. And then for some reason I wrote an angry rant about the correct pronunciation of Ossy/Aussie./Ozzy.

Someone linked to a bunch of THQ UK email addresses and stuff. Email them and tell them about your interest in the contest, and ask them to consider participating. It certainly couldn't hurt, right?

tirant

I got the email today. The contest is only for USA & Canada, but they are trying to get some support from THQ UK if they get enough emails asking for it ;) So please, send them an email asking about that!

Top Bottom