• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Downhome

A guy on the IFCA board lifted my Darth Tater picture that I uploaded for the contest, then posted it in their thread about this contest telling other people to use it. :lol

Ecrofirt

Meier said:
Yeah, I thought you had to come up with like something unique or whatever at first.

I have no idea why everyone seems to think this.

The website says they're looking for as much 'proof' as you can find about the coming alien invasion.

They WANT you to submit a bunch of pictures. What pictures are better proof than UFO or crop circle pics? You can even find a bunch of alien autopsy pics online. This is the kind of stuff they're looking for. Damn near everyone should submit pictures like this, rather than take a bunch of extra time to set something elaborate up with friends, pets, or anything else.

I don't think the fact that your pics show up in the directory means that they were necessarily accepted. I think their presence in the directory simply means that you uploaded it to the site.

They might be going through the pictures at a later date or something to find the legit ones.

If anyone still needs more ideas for stuff to send in, I'd like to request more Ulala pictures!

Bonus points for Space Michael inclusion*!

*No points awarded

Xizer

Banned
GAF must have some of the laziest members ever :lol

I can't believe there's only been 350 participants; right now there's 4X that many members on right now, and GAF has 14,000 members. I bet THQ is happy.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Well to be fair, I avoided this thread because I thought it was a competition against people and GAF members to win a free game...not that GAF as a single entity competing against other groups

BTW, I haven't gotten an email yet, although I did join like 2 days ago. I guess I should send an email just to be safe...

Joe Molotov

Xizer said:
GAF must have some of the laziest members ever :lol

I can't believe there's only been 350 participants; right now there's 4X that many members on right now, and GAF has 14,000 members. I bet THQ is happy.

Yeah, IFCA was able to get 163 participants, and they only have 600 registered users. Come on guys!

The Suspect Device

Mrs. Spinnington
UFO-F14.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Tenacious-V said:
For those of you who didn't get the email, did you check your junk folder? Mine was in there.

I checked and it isn't there. I just sent an email like 2 minutes ago just to be safe

Nameless

Yeah, why didn't I click this thread sooner!!

But I posted a quick 10-15 pics...looks like we have this in the bag..

luffeN

I got an email about people from europe

Greetings, Earth creatures!

While you've been busy uploading evidence of the pending alien
invasion, Crypto has been planning the REAL deal. Word on the street
says that Crypto will be invading your towns on October 17th so you
better submit all the evidence you can before you find yourself on the
business end of an anal probe! Ouch...

This particular message will serve three purposes. The first is to
clarify on rules we've been getting questions on. At this moment, the
contest is officially only open to residents of the US and Canada but
we are looking to expand it to PAL territories. By tomorrow, we
should have a definite answer on that. What this means is that while
we will accept entries from anyone in the world contributing for their
favorite site, but we can only ship Region 1 (US/Canada) games to
US/Canada addresses. If we can get the support of THQ UK, we may be
able to work with PAL copies. If you are in a PAL territory and LOVE
our contest, let me know... it just may help.

The second purpose is to start weeding out all those pesky false email
addresses we've had people submitting with. Naughty agents, you are!
Falsifying evidence... tsk tsk! Any emails that bounce back tonight
will be immediately purged so don't be surprised if you see some sites
dropping. Additionally, I'm asking that everyone in the contest write
me back to A) let me know they're alive and B) give me their shipping
address in case you are a winner. Also, specify whether you would
like PS2 or Xbox copy.

Finally, thanks for all who have been checking out the contest and,
hopefully, have a genuine interest in the game. You should also check
out the Destroy All Humans 2! MySpace page located here:
http://www.myspace.com/dah2makewarnotlove. The contest officially
ends in 5 days so keep up the great work!

Thanks,
DAC Staff

the email was sent to me 10/13/06 (so that u americans can read the date :p )

I send two pictures ! Hope I can receive mine even if i'm in europe :/
At least if GA wins i'm part of the job.

Edit : So seing the post just above all the PAL GAfers should e-mail THQ UK so we can get our free game, that's it ?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
omgomgomg hope for europe FINALLY!

That makes me contribute ANOTHER pic! Yeah, that's damn right, it will be two then!!1 Take that, THQ!

btw: you guys think they _ever_ thought about 350+ contributing members from a single website?

Ecrofirt

Bufbaf said:
omgomgomg hope for europe FINALLY!

That makes me contribute ANOTHER pic! Yeah, that's damn right, it will be two then!!1 Take that, THQ!

btw: you guys think they _ever_ thought about 350+ contributing members from a single website?

We've been telling everyone since the 13th to email THQ UK. There were a bunch of email addresses provided and everything. Utilize them, and you might get the game!

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I just added one as well and will add another one now, does ANYONE who entered the contest win or just the top posters?

I mean I only entered two..

Ecrofirt

Dorfdad said:
I just added one as well and will add another one now, does ANYONE who entered the contest win or just the top posters?

I mean I only entered two..

If GAF wins (which we should), EVERYONE on GAF that participated is supposed to win.

If GAF doesn't win for some reason, the TOP 5 members from GAF will win the game.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Great I upload 5 total, so looks good for us so far... Everyone should rush out and add a few more today to SEAL the deal.

Sure hope this works I really liked the first game.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I had a few minutes to spare this afternoon and whipped this up and uploaded it should secure our Win :)

17300_winners.jpg

What do you think? Hopefully they will use this one!

Downhome

Well, not only are we getting this game for free, but it also looks like it's going to be really, really good:

PS2:

GamePro - 4.5 out of 5

Game Informer - 8.5 out of 10

Xbox:

GamePro - 4.5 out of 5

Game Informer - 8.5 out of 10

Official Xbox Magazine UK - 8 out of 10

demi

Still no e-mail. Should I wait and assume they will contact all the winners? Or should I send an e-mail to them and reply with my info?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I have not recieved me email as well, im sure there swamped with submissions, and im sure people are joining GAF like flies to get in and say they are members here so they can get a free game as well.

Hope we all get the game even if we dont get an email!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
demi said:
Still no e-mail. Should I wait and assume they will contact all the winners? Or should I send an e-mail to them and reply with my info?

I sent them an email to confirm my submission last night but I haven't gotten a reply back

i got my confirmation email (the one where you give your shipping address and choice between xbox/ps2) sent back to me?!? Does that mean they didn't get it?

Jak140

I submitted 3, but I used a different email from the one I registered to neogaf with, hope that doesn't matter.

Jak140 said:
I submitted 3, but I used a different email from the one I registered to neogaf with, hope that doesn't matter.

it has nothing to do with how you registered with NeoGaf. As long the email you submitted is active and you can reply to theirs you should be good.

Jak140

Ninja Scooter said:
it has nothing to do with how you registered with NeoGaf. As long the email you submitted is active and you can reply to theirs you should be good.

Oh cool, I already changed my email for the forums just in case though.

Top Bottom